OOC First Name
Maria
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Wand
Straight 10 1/2 Inch Sturdy Hornbeam Wand with Fwooper Feather Core
Valencia was new to the whole 'magic' thing. She really didn't understand it one bit. How is magic a thing? Why does it exist? It doesn't make any sense. It was just very confusing to her. She prefered science over this magic stuff. It just doesn't make any sense. Valencia had decided to explore different places of the magical world. Her twin brother, who was also a muggle-born, had decided to walk around Brightstone to explore. She walked into the park, wondering why it was part of the wizarding part of the country. Was the playground magical? She wasn't sure. Valencia sat down in the swing, wondering why she was a witch.

Branson and his sisters were at the park with his mother. There was the last of the sunshine, and with them not back at school, and Branson no longer going they’d come to the park. Branson had been sitting with a book, while Aurora and Rosie were off doing something else, but he’d gotten a little sore from the slightly uncomfortable ground and had therefore headed into the park. He looked around for a more comfortable place to sit - but it wasn’t like the park was made for non fun things like reading. He spotted a swing, next to a girl who was sat on the other and decided that would be as good a place as any. He walked over and sat down, reopening the magical book about magical creatures in new zealand, with moving pictures and just beginning to read it again. It was a book he’d already read through, but there was never any reason to not read it again.

Valencia had zoned out for a while, she only had just noticed a boy about her age, had sat down in the swing next to her and was reading a book. She had then looked around the park, noticing how there had slowly been more people at the park then there were before. Valencia then turned to the boy again, intrigued by what he was reading. "What's that you're reading?' Valencia had said curiously, as she looked at the boy and at his book.

Branson glanced up as the person on the swing next to him spoke. He glanced up and then back at the book before giving a little smile and holding it up, ”It’s about magical creatures, it’s a bit basic, this is a kids book, but it’s still really interesting,” the boy said with an excited tone. He did love reading about all manner of things, and this book was a tad basic for him now, but it was still interesting enough that it did keep his attention. He liked reading about all those creatures. He liked reading and looking at the pictures.

Valencia listened to the boy, as he had mentioned about magical creatures. She did like animals, however, she still had found it strange that there were special creatures in the magical world. What was so magical or special about these animals, and made them different from normal, muggle animals. "What type of magical creatures are there?" Valencia asked curiously. She did some research about the animals a couple of weeks ago, but not enough that she didn't know all the animals out there. Though Valencia knew she had to do more.

Branson was a little surprised by her question, but he gave a half shrug, "there are lots, like dragons, and gnomes,” he said giving the shortest possible overview. But he closed the book and held it out to her, ”This book covers a lot of them, you can glance at it if you want?” he would want it back of course but there was no harm in giving it to her a little, ”Are you new to magic?” he asked with a curious tone, it would cool to talk to someone who was actually muggleborn. He knew muggle of course, but he didn’t know any muggleborns. He felt a little rude asking it, but he hoped she wouldn’t mind all that much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Valencia nodded her head as the boy had explained about the book and all. She had been curious for a while about the creatures they had out there in the magical world. But Valencia knew that she had to read more about the magical world and the magical creatures they had out there. "It's okay, but thanks for the offer" Valencia had said with a smile, as he offered that she could have a quick glance. "Yeah, I am," Valencia said with a small smile and nod. The magical world had still confused her a little and didn't really get it. She had hoped that even though her parents weren't magic, people at Hogwarts weren't going to see her blood status as a bad thing. "Are you going to Hogwarts?" Valencia says as she swings herself gently with her legs moving slightly.

Branson shrugged, if she didn’t want to look at it, he’d happily keep looking at it. He could of course multi task. He was a good multitasker. The girl seemed a little shy about being new to the world, and though it had felt pretty obvious to him it wasn’t the worst thing in the world. He knew both of his parents had been in that position so, he could help out. ”Well, welcome!” it was maybe a bit silly to say but he thought it would be nice to say it to her. He nodded at the question, ”Yeah, come September I’ll be sorted!” the days were dwindling down till then and Bran was very excited about it. He could not wait to be sorted. The boy held his hand out to her, ”I’m Branson. I’m not new to this world, so if you have questions, I can try answer them, and if I don’t know, I can ask my mum,” he said.

Valencia smiled a little when the boy had given her a small 'welcome', she thought it was, but she wasn't sure just yet. She nodded when the boy had explained that he was going to Hogwarts as well. She wasn't very sure how they sorted things. She had read that there was this magic had that had sorted you in your house. "I'm going to Hogwarts too, with my twin brother," Valencia says with a smile. She was glad that someone familiar was going to this strange castle of a school. "It's nice to meet you, Branson. I'm Valencia by the way" She says with a smile. "Well, I have a few if you don't mind answering? Its about Hogwarts" Valencia said with a shrug. She wasn't sure if Branson had knew anything about Hogwarts, but it was worth a shot.

Branson was a little surprised when she said she had a twin, mostly just because he was surprised how often he seemed to come across it. He just smiled, ”That’s cool you have a twin brother,” he said with a genuine tone. It was cool. At least she was coming into this world not entirely alone. ”Nice to meet you too Valencia,” he returned with an agreement in the tone. He puffed out his chest slightly and sat up slightly straighter as she said she had questions about Hogwarts. ”I can try to answer them!” he said with a keen tone. It would test his knowledge on the matter. He liked to think he knew loads about it and this would be the test. If he managed to actually answer her questions then he knew it would be right. On the other hand, there was a chance that she’d ask things that he simply couldn’t know the answer to, but really that just gave him something to read about.

Valencia chuckled a little when he had mentioned about her twin brother. She had defiantly gotten that comment a lot in her lifetime, and she was still young. Though she was grateful to have a brother that she could do almost anything with. Valencia smiled and gave a slight nod back when he agreed it was nice to meet her too. She had a smile of glee when he said he would try to answer her questions. She had a lot in her mind, but she didn't want to bombard him with questions. "Its alright if you don't know the answers to these" Valencia says with a small smile a shrug. She knew that not everyone had known the answers about all the magical world. "But is it true that the school is in a castle, and they use a talking hat to sort you in your house?"

Branson was a little nervous as he waited for the question, not exactly sure what she might ask, what if he didn’t know the answer. What if he just ended up offering to help and not managing at all. He had read a lot about the school and knew a lot about it. But what if he didn’t know this one thing. But when she asked he smiled a little, ”It is a castle, and they do use a talking hat, it’s enchanted and can look in your mind,,” he told her with confidence, that was obvious those things were obvious to him being someone raised within a family that had knowledge of it, if he wasn’t raised in that sort of family it wouldn’t be surprising that he didn’t know the answer to those questions. ”What else do you want to know?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back