Exploration.

Taylor Mercer

OOC First Name
Taylor
Wand
Rosewood Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the mane of a Unicorn
Taylor had decided to take a wonder through the castle and found herself at the kitchens. Worked out really, she hadnt eaten much that day. Stepping in, she noticed some fresh fruit in a large bowl on the table in the centre of the room. Peering down at it, a house elf informed her it was perfectly delicious fruit. Shrugging, she picked up a juicy strawberry and took a seat.

[do you think you could use a darker font? It's hard to read like that]

Jenna was walking around the castle tiredly when she found herself in the basement. She shrugged her awkward shoulders slightly and walked on. As she walked she saw a House Elf exit a room, Jenna's eyes narrowed slightly as she looked through the door. Jenna then blinked to see a bunch of house elves then a human, a girl that looked about her age sitting down. Jenna found herself become more curious so she walked towards the door. Her small hand wrapping around the cold metal handle. Jenna shivered gently but swung the door open delicately. None of the house elves took notice of the tall and skinny blond girl entering a place she wasn't allowed to be. Jenna cocked her head to the side slightly then said, "Hey.." Jenna gave the girll a half smile, half smirk as she waited for a response.

Taylor jumped as she heard a hey, thinking she had been caught being somewhere she shouldnt, she had unconsiously thrown the strawberry she was eating across the room. Looking towards the voice, she noticed a girl about her age. A pink blush touched her cheeks as she looked back to the strawberry on the floor, with a red smear located on the wall. "Hiya." She laughed uneasily. "Sorry about that. I thought i was going to be in trouble."

Jenna tried her hardest to stifle a laugh but a giggle escaped her lips as she looked at the strawberry then she said, "No it's no problem.. well not for me, I'm not going to clean it up." Jenna laughed inwardly then said, "So what are you doing here?"

Taylor let a laugh escape her also. Watching for a moment as one of the house elves rushed over and cleaned up her mess, causing the blush to rise further in her face. "I was aimlessly wandering the halls and came across the kitchen. The house elves dont seem to care, even though we arent really meant to be here. They love it, they have been offering me food and drink ever sinse i got here." Taylor laughed again. "How about yourself?"

Jenna smiled at the girl and said, "I'm not sure if they love it..it's their job, actually their duty, and like you I was walking around doing nothing much when I saw the kitchens, curiousity obviously got the best of me and as they say..the rest is history." Jenna smiled at the girl then realized she hadn;t asked for her name so she said, "I'm Jennifer by the way, Jennifer Wilkonson, but everyone calls me Jenna."

Taylor looked back at one of the house elves, which in return flashed her a huge smile as its ears wriggled slightly. Taylor giggled. "I suppose." Looking back at the girl, whose name was just revealed to be Jenna, "Im Taylor, Taylor Mercer. First year Gryffindor. What house are you in?" Taylor smiled.

Jenna smiled and said, "It's a pleasure to make you're acquaintance Taylor..." Jenna paused for a swift moment then she said, "I'm in Hufflepuff and I'm also in my first year."

"Right back at you." Taylor smiled. "Nice, look forward to classes with you, speaking of which, are you enjoying school so far?" She questioned.

After walking around aimlessly for almost an hour, Vivienne was starting get bored; and lost, and tired, among other things. Since she still didn't really know anyone in the same house as her, she was feeling lonely. And what did V do when she was lonely? Eat. A lot. She wasn't overweight at all, actually she was quite small. She just had a healthy appetite, and a good metabolism. Vivienne decided to find the kicthens. She was already quite close, and maybe they'd have some snacks or something else she was allowed. When she got there, she found the door ajar. Pushing it open, she saw two girls around her age sitting at a bench, surrounded by a few house elves offering them food.

"Oh.. sorry, I'm not interupting anything, am I?" she said politely, as they looked up from their conversation to see who was there. "I was just really hungry.. and I wanted to see if there was food.. Ooh are those strawberries? :woot: Can I please have one?"

Taylor looked over to see another girl enter the kitchen. "Hi there, no your not." She gave the girl a smile. Taylor laughed when the girl asked for a strawberry. "Go for it they are really good." She stated, taking another one and popping it in her mouth. "What brings you to the kitchen?"

"Well, I'm just exploring, really.. Still haven't gotten the hang of this place. Plus I was extremely hungry :D . Hey, don't you work at Madam Malkins? I think I recognise you from there. Anyway, what are you doing here? Are we even allowed to be here?" Vivienne laughed, before eating a strawberry.

"Yeah," She laughed. "I feel the same way, explorering is what my life at Hogwarts consists of so far." She smiled. "Yeah i do work there, just started." She laughed once more at the next comment, before reaching for another strawberry. "No we arent really meant to be here, but teachers rarely come down here and the house elves arent going to tell, they enjoy the company really." She glanced at the one who had smiled at her before.

Vivienne laughed as an old looking house elf gave her an evil look. "Yeah.. not that one, or maybe he's always that grumpy. Man, these strawberries are good, better than normal ones. Even the food here is magical!" Vivienne said, before eating another one. "So, what blood are you? I've been raised with magic, and I still find this place surprising. Can't imagine how muggleborns must be feeling."

Taylor laughed, "Yeah, im making sure i remember this place when i go exploring again." She smiled. "Im a half blood, my Dad's a pure blood and my mums a half blood. Im the same as you, ive grown up with it, yet Hogwarts continues to amaze me." She chuckled.

"Oh cool! My whole family is mainly wizards, but with a few muggles throughout. So we're not pureblood, but very wizardy.. If that's a word" Vivienne giggled. "But even though our family is wizardy, we don't use magic for everything. My parent's wanted me to be able to live easily without magic if for some reason we couldn't use it. So a lot of the time they don't use much magic for cleaning, and cooking, things like that. That way I can learn to live both ways. I'm like Hannah Montana! A lot of my friends are muggles, too. Do you get what I mean? I'm rambling.." Vivienne laughed at herself, she was always rambling.

"No no i get you." She laughed. "I always ramble, so your fine." She winked. "My parents were the same, my Mum wanted me to learn the muggle way, but my Dad liked me to use magic, so because they are divorced, when i would go to Dads house we would always use magic, but Mums house was mostly the muggle way." She gave a some what sad smile. She was starting to miss her parents alot. "Its a pretty good way to live." Her smile grew.

"Oh.. that must be hard.. but pretty cool in a way. You get to be like Hannah Montana as well! And it must be difficult not seeing them at all." Vivienne said quitely.. she tried not to sound as though she was prying. "My parents travel a lot for their work, so being here isn't very different in that way. But since I see my muggle friends alot, I'm missing them. Most of my wizard friends are here, though. Do you kno many people here?"

Taylor laughed. "Yeah its pretty good." She picked up another strawberry. "Yeah i have heaps of friends here." She smiled thinking of Sam and Arianna and Tala and Knight and all the others. "How bout you?" Taking a bite of the strawberry.

"I know a few people.. I've only been here a few days, so I haven't really spoken to that many. I've been busy buying my supplies and exploring, things like that. I've seen heaps of people around though. I've had a few good conversations. We'll see what the future brings. ^_^ " Vivienne smiled, she liked making friends, but it took her a little while. She was the 'slow and steady' type, and liked to get to know people a little bit at a time. "You're a Gryffindor, aren't you? I think I remember you telling me in Madam Malkins. What's that house like? I don't know many people there. Maybe I'll stop by the table one of these days."

"Dont worry you will, everyones really friendly around here." She chuckled. "Yup good old Gryffindor." She tried to remember if the girl had told Taylor her own house, but Taylor had served so many first years recently, she couldnt remember. "Its pretty good, havnt met a nasty Gryffindor yet, they're all really great people." She said truthfully. "You should definatly stop by. How's your own house? Settled into your dorm?"

"Hufflepuff is awesome! Full of nice people. I'd been hoping for Ravenclaw, but now I've met heaps of Hufflepuffs, I'm actually very happy I didn't get what I wanted. Haven't hung out in the dorms yet*, but I will soon." Vivienne grinned, coming to Hogwarts was way more fun than she ever imagined. She had thought it would be hard to adjust to, but after only a few days here, it was feeling like home.

*ooc: For some reason the Hufflepuff girls dorms don't work until you join this group thing. My entry request hasn't been answered yet. Is that the same with you?

((Yeah i had to do the same thing, but i did it before i started school so it was there for me straight away))

"Thats good." She gave the girl a smile. "I know a few Hufflepuffs." She thought back to all the ones she had spoken to. "You been to classes yet?" She got up and asked the house elf if she could have something to drink, before sitting back down to continue the conversation.

((Ohh right. But why are the girls ones closed like that, but the boys ones aren't? I can easily go and post in theirs..))

"Nah, but I have practised some spells with a few people. What about you? Are there any classes you're looking forward to the most?" Vivienne asked, before also turning to an elf for something to drink.

<<Because with the girls ones, boys arent aloud in them. I think there might be a password for them, but i cant remember.>>

The elf brought her some pumpkin juice and she sipped it lightly, she never had been a big fan, but she could drink it. "Ive been to all the classes, im looking forward to Defence Against The Dark Arts most i think. Its fascinating." She stated thoughtfully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back