Exploration, Frustration and Inspiration

Yerik Rhys Price

OOC First Name
Mintzy
Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4 Essence of Silver Thistle
It was a beautiful day to be hanging outside with friends and loved ones, as there wasn't a speck of cloud for the sun to hide behind. Still here he was staying indoors, locked in his dorm room, his face buried into his pile of books he just bought last month. This was the typical side of him, reading books, studying and this was the reason why he didn't had any social life at all. Which made the pure blood scratch his head in disgrace, hating how he acted. Just like yesterday, he didn't even listened to their class discussion he was left taking a nap alone. So that very day Yerik Rhys decided to stop reading, and to leave his dorm to mingle with some students. Preferable ages near to him, as he left the room he went straight to the Great Hall. Wondering if there were any fellow Ravenclaw, Slytherin or even Gryffindor to chat to. He never did understood Hufflepuffs, which explain him being a loner. As the boy was too suspicious and was to picky with people, he wanted to found a group of friends during her first year. But he never managed to find one, still that didn't stopped him from meeting new people around the school, which was last year.

Yerik Rhys Price sighed as he noticed there weren't much people inside the Great Hall that interested him as most of the crowd were first years, he was maturing and he needed someone older than eleven. The claw's legs brought him outside the courtyard, snapping one of his hand as he was left alone there. Some people looked at him but he ignored as he decided to sit down on the grass, it looked like it needed to be trimmed. Yerik Rhys could feel the texture of the grass as it touched his arms, he sat there wondering aimlessly of the world. Thinking to himself why he was so unsocial to other people, why he didn't have friends while his fellow schoolmates were even in a relationship. Until he settled that it was his fault, sure he was picky but it was mainly because he never entertained anyone and mostly drove them away from him. Including one girl he met before, then again she was too rude for him to be with. As for girlfriends, there wasn't any girl that interested her just yet. Also almost all of the girls in Hogwarts who are a pure-blood just like him were taken or too old or young for him. Which made him sigh deeper, then glancing at the puffy clouds. The weather was beautiful and all he needed was someone to talk to, someone beautiful.

Philippa was so bored. There was absolutely nothing to do. Philippa had the day off from classes and there was no Quidditch practice today. So Philippa was left with nothing to do but mope around all day. Proserpina was busy today as well. Otherwise Philippa would end up trying to find her for some entertainment. Philippa had a few friends. But none of them ever entertained her as well as her sister did. "I am so bored." Philippa thought to herself as she rolled across her bed. If she didn't find something to do soon, there was going to be some trouble. Philippa could get into trouble when she had nothing to do. Strangely enough, the dorm room was completely empty too. So there was no one for her to talk to either. It was like life wanted her to be bored today or something. Philippa sighed and rolled once more. No ideas came to her mind on what to do to keep herself entertained for the day. "Mayne I should go outside or something?" Philippa thought to herself one more time. Going outside sounded much better than being cooped up indoors. At least there was less of a chance of something getting broken indoors if she decided to play soccer or something. Philippa liked to play any kind of sport when she was bored too. But more often than not, she was yelled at for kicking a ball around indoors. Philippa flipped off of her bed and went into the trunk she had brought to school with her. She pulled out an old soccer ball then closed the trunk and headed out of her dorm room. Philippa was going to entertain herself one way or another.

Philippa found herself in the courtyard. She casually kicked the ball in front of her and around the bodies of students. It seemed like more than just she decided that they wanted to spend the day outside. Too bad it looked like none of them cared to keep her company. They all traveled in groups. Philippa didn't want to bother anyone. Even if she wasn't shy, she didn't want to get on people's nerves just because she needed someone to entertain her. Oh well, there wasn't many people at this school that knew how to play soccer anyways. It was a muggle sport. Muggles were strange to Philippa, but they had interesting customs. Their sporting events were the absolute bomb though. Philippa retracted her foot and slammed it into the ball and watched it fly away from her. It flew quite a distance so Philippa ran after it. The ball rolled until it landed beside a boy Philippa had never seen before. He looked, like one of those deep-thinking sort of guys. It almost made Philippa weary of him. "Sorry. My ball didn't hit you did it?" Philippa asked as she picked it up off the ground and away from him. The boy also looked anti-social so she would not be surprised if he didn't answer her. But Philippa was going to at least try and be friendly to him.

A couple of minutes pass by and all he could do was to stare at the sky, it was cloudy yet it suited the boy's mood. He wasn't fond of sunny, rainy weather after all, it's been the cloudy weather that he admired all his life. No wonder it brought him out here, he slowly stretched arms upward then quickly placed it down when he felt something hit him. It wasn't that hurtful, the normal guy he was, the boy looked at his side and saw a soccer ball rolling a few inches away from him. "Muggle Sport?" he thought to himself. Yerik Rhys Price adored sports, all kinds of them including muggle sports. It was the main reason why he joined Quidditch and Muggle Sport Club, it gave his this adrenaline rush that kept him alive. As if you're in cloud nine every time you're playing, he smirked and saw a student probably younger than him. Definitively not a first year, she looked so lovely for blonde. It was a first time that he actually admired a blonde, he was going to pick up the ball but noticed the girl doing it herself. So instead, he sat there, crossing his legs together and shyly glancing at her. The claw kept his gaze at her as his pale face not showing any impression, or at least he was trying to hide his admiration. There was something about him that wanted to smile but he did not, he pulled himself and tried to just bite her tongue for the time being.

Yerik Rhys shook his head, and decided to lightly smile a bit. After all he was here to meet new friends and befriend someone, not push anyone away like he did when he was a first year. Even though he wasn't that of a social person, he was secretly friendly and was indeed nice. Never did he tried to think that his blood status were separating him from the other students, not for now at least. That will be important once he decides to marry of something, so he continued to look at the stranger and placed his hand on the grass. Slightly patting it, a sign for her to join him, that is if he wants too. "It's a fine weather, mind spending it with me?" said Yerik Rhys in his British accent, hinting a Scottish accent. There wasn't wrong with befriending a girl, she seems to be nice from the way she apologized. Might be a Gryffindor or a Hufflepuff, he thought then again smiled lightly, really meaning it.

Philippa could tell that the boy was not used to being around others much. He seemed like he was a little bit awkward even just now. Philippa was not used to being around nervous or shy people. Except for her twin but Proserpina wasn't really that shy. At least to Philippa she wasn't. It took her a minute to realize that the boy even smiled at her. It was light and seemed out of place on his face. It was also easy to tell that he was not used to smiling either. Philippa nervously fiddled with her ball. This boys behavior put her on edge a little because she was not used to ever being around someone really like this. Philippa was a very forward person. So she was used to very forward people. One who was not shy or awkward. They had to be able to handle her bold personality. Philippa was not afraid of anything. "Except for Basilisk's. They are a little too ugly for my tastes." Snakes in general sort of creeped her out. Philippa did not like to think of herself as being afraid of anything though. In her eyes the less one feared the better off they were in life. That meant people included. She did not want to be afraid of people either. This boy was a little strange. But Philippa did not think that was too bad of a thing. Maybe he just needed a friend. Philippa wondered what he thought when he saw the soccer ball next to him. Did he know what it was? If he did what would he think of her? Philippa did not know this boy at all. For all she knew he could be one of those prejudice juice heads. Philippa hated them. So much. The school shouldn't let people like that into the school.

Philippa blinked. That was a very weird question to ask someone he barely knew. "I don't know if I should. We barely know one another." Philippa meant that in the nicest way possible. She had no idea what kind of person this boy was. She did not want to sit down next to someone who was going to be mean and hateful towards her. Philippa didn't know his name either. There was too much insecurity in her right now. But if he knew the boy a little bit better and he relaxed some, she might be more willing to sit down and chat. Philippa wanted to ask if he knew sports at all. That could get her talking a hundred miles per minute. Not even her sister liked to listen to her talk about sports though. Not that anyone could blame her. Philippa was too into sports. There were times when she desired to be girly like her sister was. But it never really worked out. Especially because Philippa was not good with stuff like that.

The last time Yerik Rhys Price encountered a girl, was when he grew mad at a girl for being so rude in front of him. Sure he was the one who started it, ignoring her before but somewhat she's really annoying. He hoped to somehow correct their misunderstanding, but it seems impossible since the girl was no where to be found. And now here he is meeting a new girl who seems to be doubting with him, does she know him being a pure blood? Does she hates pure bloods? Different thoughts started to ramble inside his mind, then again all he wants to meet a couple of friends. Which seems so hard, since everyone thinks he's a social freak. Inside he wondered if the girl would ever think of him other than a stranger. "We can get to know each other, that is if you want to." he answered lightly brushing his worries aside. It doesn't matter if she doesn't want to stay, it's her choice. He continued to sit down on the grass, ignoring the other's eyes looking at him. Yerik Rhys, having the hardest time of his life not because of his studies but because of his social life. The thing he lack most, guess it wasn't enough to have a family as your friends.

There was nothing left to do but just to stare at the cloudy sky, hoping it would not rain soon. Since the courtyard sounded nice, it was the only thing he could think of right now. For months of being locked inside his dorm room, his skin began to turn pale. In which he is already pale, the claw needed sunshine anything new. How he wish he could just go home and spend his entire day with his siblings, especially Geni and Ben. It's been a while, a month or so? Merlin knew he was out of his mind, reading his books over and over. being a Ravenclaw has it's downside. Including being unsocial and an outcast, not to mention a loner although he was used to the idea of it. Still he couldn't help but to be lonely, enduring his pain of being alone. He even wondered if he'll ever have a girlfriend or anything like that in the near future as it seems hopeless for the boy.

Philippa saw no harm in getting to know of the boy she had accidentally hit with her ball. She liked meeting new people even if they were a little strange. The one thing that did unnerve her though was how willing he was to get to know her. Most others her age were a little bit more weary of whom they be befriended. But it wasn't like it was any of Philippa's business asking who he wanted to befriend and why. "Sure. Why not?" For some reason Philippa craved a sandwich right now. Perhaps it was because it was so nice out and she instantly thought about picnic's. Pippa had never been on an actual picnic before. She wanted to try it out someday. Perhaps Proserpina would as well. Philippa sat herself down onto the ground next to the boy and stretched her legs out. It was too bad no one else in this school that she had met before was actually into soccer. Philippa would love to have a challenger. My name is Philippa Laurent. I'm a Gryffindor third year, I'm fourteen. Oh and I have a twin sister who is in Hufflepuff." Was that what he meant by get to know one another? Other than those small facts she was not sure what else she could say to him. Well she did like sports and cherry pie. But Philippa figured that he did not care too much about stuff like that. Then again, why would she care what he thought and felt about when it came to her describing herself.

"I do not think we're in the same year though. I've never seen you around before. Are you like a transfer? Or are you just that good at staying hidden?" Philippa had never seen that boy around until today. Pippa figured that if they were in the same year as one another she would at least have seen him around once or twice. She just assumed he was either older or a transfer. Philippa couldn't really say if she knew what house he was in either. By the look of him she would guess Slytherin or Ravenclaw. But people could always surprise her. There was one boy who was creepy as the night and he ended up in Hufflepuff! How in the world did that happen? It makes little to no sense. The hat did a pretty good job at putting her into a house. Philippa loved being in Gryffindor. "What about you? Philippa questioned, curious about him and what kind of a person he was. Was he into sports? Or was he some huge jerk? There was a lot she was unsure of but figured she would learn in time to come.

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry for the delay, I've currently loss a family member so I was absent for a long period of time too.

Yerik Rhys wasn't the most sociable person you could ever meet, but it doesn't mean that there was something wrong with him. He was just too busy focusing on his studies and Quidditch that he didn't had enough to talk to people, to students. Maybe when he get's into his higher year he'll be able to actually gain friend. At the age of fourteen he was evil called a sex-addict by the magazine, when the truth is he's still a virgin. Who loses their virginity at such a young age for Merlin sake, not Yerik Rhys. He was well mannered and he never would never lay a finger to girl. It was just not him, he wasn't a terrible person that everyone heard. Yerik Rhys is decent and kind, sure he sucked at socializing but he's a kind-hearted boy. Who only wants to gain friend that will like him for him, a light smile crossed his lips when he heard that she'll join him. It was nice to meet new people and to actually get to know them. The ones who weren't that aware of the gossip magazine were far too kind enough to not stare or glare at the pureblood.The fourth year felt relieved when she introduced herself, "Philippa?" he thought to himself, since it's really a unique name to have.

In which made her more interesting than ever, just like he expected another Gryffindor. They were more friendlier than the Hufflepuffs, still whichever house didn't mattered to him. Pleasure to Meet you Philippa, I'm Yerik Rhys Price,fourth Year Ravenclaw. Fourteen, turning fifteen in a couple of months. And we'll let's just say I have a lot of siblings." he ended his sentence with a chuckle. Their family is a big one, and they were even rumors that their mother will be pregnant soon, who can blame them when they loved to raise up children. Also they were still many room for a new sibling, since their mansion was big that it almost looked like a castle. I'm a year older than you and Yes, I'm good at hiding." said Yerik with a light smile painted on his face. She was lovely to look at, at the same time Yerik Rhys adored his enthusiastic personality. Gryffindors are good company to have, young or old. "Me?" he was a bit puzzled by her question but decided to follow what his heart and mind was telling him. "I love sports, muggle or not. I'm into Quidditch, I'm a Beater for our team, Ravenclaw. And yourself?" said the pureblood, trying to not glance at her every second. So he decided to just stare at the castle, a small portion of it to hide the awkwardness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back