Exploration club

Maddiie walked up along River and whisper in her ear."I heards its your birthday today. I was thinking we celebarted at hogmead?" Maddiie smiled waiting for a smile

River smiled back at Maddiie. She didn't think that anyone would know that it was her birthday. "Sounds great," she whispered back to her. "We can go after the exploration if you like."

Sensing reticence on the part of his collegues, Ford decided he'd take a go at it, as an example. "I'll try, as a demonstration." He stated, as if the mere thought bored him. He began stroking his invisible goatee, pondering. I need a room which will show how magical this room is. Ford thought, Kind of ponderous, but it works.

He walked back and forth in front of the room three times, concentrating on what he needed. Then a wooden door materialized on the wall. Ford stopped and looked at the door, concealing the amazement that he felt about the room. He walked up to it, it was a rather ornate looking door, it vaguely resembled the Gate of Moria from Lord of the Rings, a book Ford had read years ago. Ford pushed gently on the doors and they opened inwards.

Through the doors was a scene from a painting. A beautiful landscape spread before them. The long grass grew to their knees and swayed in a cool summer breeze. Wild flowers grew occasionally and a wide, blue river flowed nearby to an enourmous waterfall which revealed a canyon similar to Niagara Falls, except on a much grander scale. The evening sun was low in the sky and bathed everything an orange-yellow glow. Straight above them, the sky revealed an elegant spiral galaxy floating in space. There were many stars of all colors: blue, red, yellow, and white. The only people or evidence of civilization around was themselves and the door through which they entered. The door itself was now part of a gothic church, and looked the part. It no longer appeared as a Tolkienian creation, but as a archway from a gothic cathedral. There was the vague sound of Gregorian chant eminating from it. However the hallway at Hogwarts was still visible through the open doorway.

River stared into the room in amazement. She couldn't believe not only the beauty of it, but by the simple fact that anything like this could be inside of the castle. Slightly skeptical, she walked through the ornate door. She turned around, waiting for the rest of the club to follow suit.

As she had been standing in the back, and happened to be a bit short, Kaela was trying to peek around the other people to see into the room. As River stepped forward, Kaela followed her into the room and stopped dead in her tracks. Her mouth had fallen open in amazement. "Whoa!" Noticing that she was stopped in the doorway, she stepped forward into the field. Walking over to some flowers, she bent down to smell them, finding them to smell spectacular.

Maddiie smiled back at River." How about t Madam puddift shop" Before River can answer back to secret Room appear thanks to Ford. Maddiie stared an amazment, she had never saw a place such like this.

River looked back to Maddiie, almost forgetting about her birthday because of the amazing sight before her. "Madam Puddifoot's would be good," she said thinking. "Hmmm, maybe the Three Broomsticks because I'd like to meet the new owner, and it's nice to have a few butterbeers too," she said with a laugh. River looked back to the field, and decided to sit on the cool grass; smelling the flowers next to Kaela.

Courtney stepped into the room, and was completely taken aback by the room's beauty. The last time she visited with Liz and Professor King, it had just been a typical room in Hogwarts, with dummies. "Guys, this is so cool!" She exclaimed as she began to walk over to the waterfall.

Kaela looked up and over to where Courtney's voice was coming from. She looked to River and said "Let's check it out!" before running over to where Courtney was, looking at the waterfall in awe. "This is so awesome."

River hadn't noticed the waterfall when she first stepped into the room. When she looked over to where Courtney was standing, she saw it. She looked back up to Kaela and said, "Yeah, definitely." River stood up from where she was sitting and ran over to the waterfall with Kaela.

"It's so beautiful," she said kneeling down by the edge. She stuck her hand in the water, and it felt very cool and refreshing.

Kaela sat down upon her kneels and just stared, taking in the landscape. She was about to remark to Ford about how awesome this all was, but she thought better of is and just looked at the water.

Maddiie smiled and looked at the church. It was a big, but nice looking gothic church. She wonder why it was there for. She knew of muggel worship, but wizard worship. Hmmm.

(((Meet me at the three broomstick river and everyone else)))

((yay for birthdays and the three broomsticks))

After River had admired the waterfall for awhile, she looked over to Ford. "So what did you think of to bring this about?" she said motioning to the landscape with her hands.

When everybody had entered, Ford closed the door behind him and walked forward towards a cliff that was by the waterfall. The sun cast a sedate glow over the landscape that spread infront of him. Now that he had taken his mind off the others, his mind could concentrate more on what the room had pulled from his mind. He looked over the world in front of him, it looked like something out of a dream. Ford propped his leg on a rock that was held on the edge of the cliff and hooked his thumbs in his belt. It was a very commanding pose as the wind blew over him, similar to a general looking over newly conquered territory.

Ford turned to River when she asked him the question, returning both feet to the ground. "I just thought, 'I need a room which will show how magical this room is.' While technically not a room, we are limited in our movement by the cathedral, river, waterfall, and the cliff." Ford nodded to the cliff behind him.

((btw this is kinda what I imagined this looking like
B00000ICD9.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

But you know, minus Robin Williams and all the movie stuff.))

"Wow. This room is amazing," she said as a response. As beautiful and amazing as the scene was River couldn't help but wonder if there was more to explore here. She looked around to everyone in the group, "So, does anyone know if there are more things to explore on the seventh floor?"

((( sorry i took so long. havn't been home except to sleep ion the past few days.)))

Pungahn was viewing the landscape and thought it would work well for sports team practices when that club would get started. she was sitting near the edge of the water and streaming the surface with her hand. "so you just walk by this spot in the corridor three times and think of what you want?"

Ford looked at Pungahn, who had been silent for some time, "That's it," he nodded.

Kaela sat down cross legged on the ground and just breathed in the air, looking around at the scenery. She remained silent, deciding to let the other make the decisions.

Pungahn stood and observed how tranquil it was in the 'room'. Pungahn got an idea and stood up. "are there any other interesting rooms on this floor? if not i have an idea for this room...."

Ford looked over to Pungahn, "I would like to see someone else try this room," Ford said dryly and turned to the cathedral. He was hoping to see what this room would do for others, as the only two times he had used it, it had been himself creating the room. He gazed up at the spires of the cathedral and closed his eyes, listening to some Gregorian chant that eminated from the large and colorful stained glass windows.

Pungahn lead the way back out the cathedral doors and into the hall again, and waited for the door to disappear. once it did she walked back and forth three times thinking about what room she wanted it to be. soon a rusty looking old door appeared. she opened it and stepped inside it. as soon as everyone entered the door disappeared behind them. in front of them was a straight hall with many rooms off to the side of it. each door was a different color and had different symbols on them. one was two wands that created an X, another like wisps floating away, and another with the outline of a person turning into a cat.

Pungahn pulled out her wand and looked at her group members, eyes shining in excitement, but she managed to keep a straight face.

Ford, following Pungahn's lead, pulled out his wand. He looked at the doors warily and readied himself for anything to pop out of them, "Shall I open one?" He inquired dryly, as if abhorred by having to ask such a mundane question.

((uhh....I guess I walked out?))

Having walked out of the "room" with everyone else, Kaela watched quietly as Pungahn walked past the blank stretch of wall. She stepped forward and looked at the room Pungahn had conjured, a bit confused. Deciding to stay quiet, Kaela wondered to herself what the room was and what it meant to Pungahn.

"what is your best Hogwarts class?" she inquired to the ready Ford. she allowed herself to smile a bit but tried t keep a straight face all the same.

Ford peered at Pungahn curiously and cocked his head. He seemed to be calculating something behind his narrowed eyes. "Charms," Ford replied without emotion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back