Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Sexual Orientation
too young to care
Wand
Curly 11" Flexible Cypress Wand with Billywig Stinger Core
Leonardo had with the little money left over after buying his wand, caved and bought something which he knew his grandfather probably wouldn't approve of, but he was sure too without his grandfather's guideance and him keeping the timings of everything that he would have some spare time. The library seemed interesting but perhaps it was a bit soon to explore such a place. So, instead he'd come outside with his deck of exploding snap. It seemed childish and silly as a game but he'd seen muggle kids play regular snap and it seemed like it could almost be fun. Maybe. The sun was low in the sky, a faint winter cool hung on the air but it wasn't too bad, it was dry and there wasn't a wind in the air. He ventured to the water front, adjusting the large but old jumper that had belonged to his dad. It was visibly old and worn but it was also quite clearly very comfortable. He had a jacket on top of course but when he came to the lake front he sat on the jacket rather than the cold ground. He took the deck of cards out of his pocket and began flicking through them. He knew the principle of how to play but Leo thought it might be quite sad if he played it alone.

Axel lowered the sleeves of his shirt as he felt the slight chill the moment he stepped outside. It felt great out here, and Axel was happy he had made this decision. He'd enjoyed his explorations so far,and he was curious to check out the Forbidden Forest one day, but today he was off to the lake. He'd heard rumors about a Merman that seemed farfetched. Spotting someone already there, Axel called out as he kept walking over. It seemed like people often just started conversation with strangers here, and it had led to some interesting interactions so far. "Have you seen anything in the lake?" When he drew close enough, he noticed what the other person was doing. "Ooooh are those exploding snap cards?" he asked, an eager look on his face. He loved that game.

Leonardo glanced up as he heard someone call out, he spotted a boy his age, but he knew this boy wasn't from his house. Leonardo glanced around him, half believing that he'd been calling out to someone else. But, as there was no one else around and the boy drew close to him he had to imagine that this boy had actually just wanted to interact with him. Leonardo glanced at the water and then back at the boy a frown appearing on his face, "Should I?" he asked. He knew that the other hogwarts had a giant squid but he'd not heard much about this one, though he'd not heard much about this place in general. He then glanced at his cards and nodded, "Bought them for school," he looked up at the boy and wanted to ask him to play but wasn't sure even if he knew what they were that he'd want to play. "Do you....," Leonardo trailed off, just holding up the cards a little a motion to hopefully get the boy to understand he was asking if he wanted to play without saying anything.

Axel shrugged his shoulders at the guy's question. Hadn't he heard the stories? Axel had taken them as fact because it was his family who had told him, but for the first time he was considering that they may have been lying. "Do I play?" Axel hoped he was finishing the sentence right because he was already getting himself settled on the ground. "Yes!" He loved this game and most board and card games. "Deal 'em...er I didn't get your name? I'm Axel. Zhefarovich" he added, hoping that sounded less awkward than it had felt.

Leonardo hadn't exactly asked if he played but the boy had sat down with him so at the very least he had understood what he was asking. Leonardo shuffled the cards a bit, fumbling over it, and hastily picking up the ones he'd dropped before looking back as the boy, Axel, introduced himself to him. "Oh, I'm Leonardo, Leo for short," he introduced in return before realising Axel had said his surname and Leo had just said his first name twice, "Orr," he added but decided to try to brush past it by dealing the cards between them. "You first?" he asked, not intending to come out as a question but Leo knew in theory how to play but he'd never actually played.

Axel looked towards the lake, but all seemed clear. It just looked like a lake though he'd heard there were many creatures in there. He'd pick up his investigation in a little bit. Turning back as Leo spoke, Axel nodded. The students were informal in a way he hadn't really grown up. He didn't really have a nickname but didn't think he would share it with a stranger even if he did. The Ravenclaw nodded when asked if he'd go first. He reached for his first card and then turned it over quickly, happy that it didn't explode. That would come and it would be hilarious when it did. The suspense of it all was one of the most fun parts. Axel took a second to admire the card. The artwork was quite nice on this set. "My brother says there are merpeople in the lake" he stated, making conversation. "That's why I asked if you saw anything before."

Leonardo watched carefully as Axel went first. He was very relieved when it didn't explode, it would've been a very short game. He took his first card and was quick to turn it over and was relieved when it too didn't explode. He felt childish playing this game, childish in how his heart raced in anticipation of a maybe explosion. But he'd bought this card set to play, so he was going to. Leonardo looked out at the lake and gave a half nod. "Oh, really?" leonardo looked out on the water, trying to now spot them, "I wonder if they'll look pretty or if they'll look ugly," Leonardo said, recalling what his grandfather had taught him about merpeople.

Axel let out the breath he'd been holding when there was no explosion again. Every moment was like that, a series of bated breaths followed by long exhalation until the inevitable explosion. It was so much fun! Axel shrugged. "Both probably" he answered, a little distracted as he quickly placed a card down. It erupted, Axel only just leaning back and missing getting singed brows. He hoped so anyway. The young boy broke out in a chuckle.

Leonardo frowned a little didn't think they could be, but he was distracted by the game and the card which erupted in front of them. Leo let a little gasp and moved away, he didn't want to be in the explosion zone. He was immediately worried about his cards but found a small smile on his lips, and he let out a little laugh doing the same as Axel. His laughter didn't last long, but hints of the smile lingered. "Wow," he had known these cards would do that but to see it had been something else. "Shall I shuffle again?" he asked with barely contained eagerness, it had been fun that he wanted to try it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back