Explain this "Bonding"

Ylva Kvalheim

Ylva had no concept of how long she had been away from home. The notion of apparating did not even occur to her as she walked in the Autumn rain towards where she hoped the house would be. Distance didn't matter either, despite the fact that she had been walking for a day in a ravaged dress that was sodden and clinging to her body like spider's silk. For the first time, she would enter the house entirely uncomposed. Also equally strange was the fact that her hair was not in its usual pristine bun, but hanging wet and dripping down her back to its full length at her waist. She looked more human than she ever had, and one arm was still wrapped around her pregnant stomach when the other hung loose. Finally, a glimmer of awareness sparked in her eyes as she reached the gates.

Five minutes later, and after two days of absence, Ylva pushed open the door and let in a storm of pebble-sized droplets and wet leaves. Without thinking, she moved instantly towards the study where Axel often was and opened the door so that her hand made a wet slap on the wood. A single black curl swung lankly in front of her eyes and, pale as a ghost, she searched for Axel in the room. "Where are the ..." she waved her hand, irritated at not finding the English word straight away. "Oh ... you know. The ... towels." she finally managed. Within the warmth of the room she soon began to shiver, and so wrapped her other arm around her stomach.

Axel read his Dark Arts book, which was in the Russian language. He could read many languages, but not speak them however. He had not told the best news of his life to Ylva just yet. He was getting a divorce from her, so her ties to the Zhefarovich family will be severed. A brand will not be wasted on her flesh. And Axel will have possession of the child. Athena was up stairs playing with her toys. And he met up with Avory and told her the news. Both were rather happy about that. They were gaining a new kid, so that was a plus. Axel would be having his way, and that brought a spark to his evil, stormy eyes. Axel glanced up to see Ylva entered, completely soaked.

Rolling his stormy eyes, Axel closed the book and he said, "In the bathroom where they always are. Now, what in Merlin's name are you doing outside, in the rain?" Axel took up, his form massive and tall. His black shirt was tight against his body, which was about the way Ylva's dress was to her own body. Axel raised his eyebrow, and folded his arms across his chest. The book magically put itself away, and Axel kept his narrowed eyes upon Ylva. He was waiting for an answer from the woman, and Axel was just a tiny bit concerned for the woman. Nothing like what he felt for Avory however.

"Frolicking," replied Ylva shakily as she moved down towards a seat. With trembling hands she lifted her dress slightly so as to not soak the seat with rainwater, and collapsed there without another word. There was at least a minute of silence in which she sat, panting slightly from the cold and not even bothering to find the towels which was her original goal, and she ignored Axel's demand for her whereabouts. He made it sound as though she had gone for a stroll that afternoon and fallen in the pond. In fact, her skin was covered with welts, bruises and cuts, and the particularly hideous slash of her dark mark in the suspicious shape of an 'L'. Eventually she looked up and, with the deadpan look of someone who had been through the wars, spoke.

"I traveled to Bleak Street. I met a ... " she stopped, frowning. "I was ... " Ylva really didn't know how to explain the fact that she had spent several hours in painful ecstasy while a ghost has tried to tamper with their child. "I was attacked by a spirit. No time for my wand, just ..." she made a flashing motion with her hand to signify a movement too quick to counter. Today she was having particular trouble with English, something that never bothered her otherwise. Through the thin and ragged cloth of her dress, there was a sudden ripple as an elbow made its way across her stomach. Ylva cried out in pain, and her head fell back. "I know, I know," she said to her stomach, resisting the urge to dig her nails into her skin.

Axel snorted, "You were attacked by that Luxen fellow in Bleak Street? If you want a real thrill, then go see Hunapo. Or even my father, if you want to die that is..." Axel was growing more and more angry. "You put my kid at risk for your so called 'frolicking'? How dare you!" The wounds were evident, and Axel was more than pissed off. His dark eyes raged, and his veins on his arms showed more than ever before. He rolled his eyes. How much more could he take of this? That was when it hit him. "Well, I don't have to worry over you taking my kid out anywhere and almost have it killed out due to your carelessness. The divorce was approved, and you won't see much of that burden anymore." Axel smirked evilly. Who had won in this all? Axel had, in his opinion. He got what he wanted, and that was all that matters.

Now that Ylva was well out of Luxen's clutches, she was quite herself again and impervious to his anger. In one smooth motion she rose, the wet cloth slapping against her wrists. It was hard to be graceful while wearing a sodden rag of a dress. "You should thank your nameless son, Axel. He is the only reason both he and I are still alive." Her voice was not as cloaked at it usually was, and a touch of anger had crept into it. Then he pulled out a bombshell that Ylva had not expected, and once again her hands fell to her stomach. "I'm glad you've decided this without me, though." she said as calmly as possible, though he would probably have seen her breath hitch.

Then the truth of the matter finally revealed itself, and Ylva was truck with the notion that as soon as she was gone from Axel's sight, she would lose her baby to a faceless woman. She almost choked. Without another word she sat down again and shoved it forcefully from her mind. This was out of her control for now. Abruptly she changed the subject, and it appeared that she neither accepted nor rejected their final date of divorce. Ylva listened to the triumph in his voice, accepted it and moved on. "What would you say about names?" she began, changing tact entirely. By the look in her eye, she was having no more talk about 'Luxen', and if the lacerations covering her body were not enough to tell Axel what he needed to know, then she would not enlighten him. Ylva made to speak again, but was silenced by a firm kick of the child in her womb. "Ah, Mit søde barn. Gentle." she mumbled, not looking at Axel.

(( Danish to English
Mit søde barn
"My sweet child" ))

Axel half hoped that Ylva would have fallen when she rose. That would be a pleasant blow to that pride she has. Oh how I wish I cared enough to break it down. Axel thought harshly in his mind. But really, he started to think. Was Ylva worth his mind? Worth having his kid? Axel muttered, “If only he were old enough to just save himself. It would really save me the time.” Axel chuckled softly, a sound of not so pleasantness, as all kindness and generosity had been sucked dry from him. Axel responded, “It is not your decision to make. In fact, if it weren’t for my family’s sudden hatred, it would have not been approved so quickly.”

Seeing her react like this made him think. Did she actually care for the young one now? Would she not fight for visitation rights which were taken from her by Asparuh’s word? “I’m sorry that you were not given visiting rights, but I think that if I can talk to my father, then maybe he might give in, with him being there. After the divorce, you are exiled. Come near anyone in the family again, and you will be slaughtered in the most brutal way possible. I would not have asked that on someone I just dislike.” Axel fell into silence. He would wish that on his greatest enemy, if he were the one hunting them down. If Rayna, of course not. Rayna was violent and vicious. “I don’t know about names yet. I usually allowed the mother to choose.”

It was glaringly apparent that all the wind had been sucked out of Ylva in those past few days. Axel's words were like a whip lashing a brick wall. There was impact, and it hurt, but the wall neither moved nor responded. When she looked at him she had no thoughts of hatred or fury and no urge to use her usually poisonous tongue. For the first time in her entire life, she took a well deserved punishment without complaint from someone who had managed to hurt her more than had ever been possible before. Ylva only had thoughts for the baby, the second of only two people on earth who did not wish her ill.
"I have been threatened with that before. When the divorce is final, I will leave. There will come a time when I must return to give the child my will, but the risk of death may be a small price to pay." Ylva glanced down at her pregnant stomach and did not look up at him again for some time.

Ylva looked up at Axel Zhefarovich eventually, and smiled. She would never smile like that again, with the glimmer of contentment and grace that outweighed the otherwise cruel features. It was a flash of the woman she could have been.

"Then he will be Araxfell. Most of it was drawn from your name, but it has no origins. So it will mean Wind on the ocean. Rorik is a name native to my country, meaning Red. What say you?" she asked. Her face fell back to a slightly more familiar look of amusement. "I am from Denmark." He may not have guessed from her strange colouring; most Danish women were blonde haired and blue eyed. Ylva frowned inwardly. Why had his scorn and wrath humbled her so, even for a moment? "What has your lady named the second barn?" she asked, not necessarily interested in the woman but in the child. After all, it would be Araxfell's brother.

(( Sorry for the enormous post. At least it's halfway interesting. I'll keep it short next time. ))

“If you feel you must return, then do what you want. Die in the process to give out a will, that is your own stupidity. In this family’s views, your life is barely worth a muggles, if not less.” Axel had told the truth, in his own words and views added along as well. A will, he thought it was just stupid. However, it was her choice. If she wanted to die, then let her. She meant nothing to him. Upon her looking at the baby, Axel shifted his posture, and glanced outside. The rain seemed to have lessened. The clouds lightened to a silver hue, and the mood appeared to have lightened considerably, alas, Axel’s mood has not. Stormy eyes landed upon a smile that made Axel narrow his eyes in suspicion. Axel thought, At least this smile is not as bright as Nicolette’s. She has one where even I have to join in.

“Wind on the ocean. So be it. Araxfell Rorik Zhefarovich.” Axel had to make sure that his son had his last name. As a pure-blood, and his son-to-be-a-pure-blood, they were to have the powerful surname; it was destiny and common sense. “I care not where you are from, Ylva. We are to be divorced, alas I will not care to know more about you. It is pointless to say information that is rather unnecessary. Names are names, origins or without.” Axel shifted his posture once more, and when she used a term that he was unfamiliar with, Axel gave her a stern look. “We have decided on a name, and you will not know information that has no use to you. I may be acting like an ass right now, but I see no reason to disclose that information to someone of little value to me.”

Ylva was exceedingly tired of his attitude towards her. By rights, she had only done one thing worth these violent words, and the things he spoke about were not relevant to that. He just seemed to hate her; unjustified, prejudice. Because she was not her. Just like Axel cared nothing for Ylva, Ylva cared nothing for Avory. If Avory were to make love to him now or die on the spot it would not change her view of her one bit. She was just another person. "You talk far too much," said Ylva boredly as she smoothed her hand over her stomach. There she sat, having named his child and covered in painful slashes and bruises, yet all he could comment on was her stupidity? Ylva was having none of it.

"I had hoped that we would come to a mutual indifference of each other, so that we may live in relative peace for the next few months. But these-" Ylva shook her head, perturbed. "-These words are so unnecessary. Who are you to judge on the character of a woman when you are married to her, yet have impregnated and apparently love another?". Axel was a confusing contradiction in her mind. No doubt he would make some remark about how her words were useless because she was nothing or suchlike, but it still sounded empty in her mind. "Alas, I will not care to know more about you!" she quoted theatrically. "That is your own stupidity!" she added, sounding for all the world like a classic theatre actress.

Ylva became somber once more, and looked at him. "I am going to get a towel before I lose the baby and probably die not much later. I will sign the divorce papers one month after delivering the baby and no earlier." She turned to move out of the door and reached for her wand simultaneously, thinking to heal the worst of the poisoned cuts, but there was nothing to be found. Ylva moved back, her arms folded over her chest. "Any Essence of Dittany, or do you have the wit to heal these yourself?". She could not help but curse as the baby rolled again. Araxfell could feel her hidden distress at the pain.

(( Er...sorry, again. ))

"Never said I was not in the wrong, sweetheart. You made a mistake that could cause Araxfell his life, and I did nothing but create two more. I wonder which is worse?" retorted the Death Eater with a sly smile. One of his better qualities, being a total smartass. Axel started to laugh. It was hollow, empty yet cold and evil. He found Ylva just plain funny. "Don't even compare my own so called 'stupidity' to your own. Who was the one who looked like they got in a fight with a barb wire fence and lost?" Axel motioned with his hand to her cuts and bruises. He turned this all into a dark joke, and Ylva was the punchline.

Axel pulled out both of his wands, before putting the one with the lighter wood type. He approached Ylva and he gave her a smirk, all traces of anger seemed to be gone, "Just hold still, these cuts will heal up soon enough." Axel waved his wand over every bruise and cut, healing them perfectly. "Now, are you going to stop acting like a baby about your cuts, or are you going to be civilized and never go down Bleak Street to have a rematch with that barb wire fence while you have a Zhefarovich in you?" Axel laughed once more, standing up straight, and walking out of the room.

Ahh. This was more like it. Pointed jibes were more to her taste and it was this side of Axel that she could both handle and agree with. It was the side that she had met in that stuffy antique store on Bleak Street that afternoon. She would go insane in his presence if she had to put up with his degrading comments. But as long as he was smiling, Ylva could smile, too. "Two beats one. You're worse off." she said simply, raising her eyebrows and giving him a look of barely veiled amusement. Ylva stretched her fingers and looked down at her slashed up skin. "Well, it was certainly more interesting than watching you stalk around like a lovesick puppy."

She tapped her finger on the side of her cheek and held still while her bruises began to disappear. Finally Araxfell calmed within her, and her stomach stop writhing before their eyes. "I am going to burn that street after Araxfell is in your care." she said thoughtfully, watching as Axel moved out of the door. Without another word she followed, swooping past him with the usual predatory lope to her quarters to make herself presentable. Within minutes she reemerged immaculate with a new, simpler gown wrapped around her body. This time she left her hair down. She rubbed her stomach back and forth, getting more irritated with her increasing weight by the day. It was hard to glide when you were carrying around a second person. "Would you approve a home birth?" she queried.

Axel snorted, "I can handle two lives at once. Look at Kamaria and Levi. Perfect examples." Axel felt like he had won. "Don't blame me if you can't handle one child, let alone two." Then again, Axel would be handling five at a time soon enough. "Lovesick puppy? Better than acting like a stuck up wh**e. But I'm not trying to offend you." Axel laughed once more, before he entered his living room and sat down in the couch. Athena came down the stairs, and she jumped into Axel's lap, cuddling up next to him. Axel kissed the top of her blonde head. "Burn that street down, Ylva! That will solve everything." Axel shook his head and chuckled. Athena murmured something in Bulgarian, but Axel did not catch it.

He just pat her back and wrapped one arm about Athena. When she asked that question, Axel shrugged, "Sure, why wouldn't I approve of that? I heard a water birth was less painful if you are afraid of the pain." Axel smirked. He enjoyed teasing people, and Ylva was one of those he enjoyed to tease.

"On the contrary, I do blame you for my having to handle that one child in the first place." answered Ylva smoothly as she sat herself down on the couch, too heavy and tired to be graceful any longer. She listened to him for a moment longer, but her hand slid up to clutch her heart. "Urgh..." she gasped, her eyes fluttering. "Oh. Your words. They tear at me! I cannot-!" she gasped, and slumped sideways with a soft floomph. "Really, Axel Zhefarovich," she smiled, propping herself up by one hand. "Your insults need more substance." Ylva looked up at Axel's little child came to join them, and tilted her head to one side as she watched their interaction. "And frankly, it would solve my problem. At the very least, it would make me feel slightly better." she continued, not looking at the father and daughter together.

Ylva rolled herself to an appropriate sitting position once more and looked at him with the same thoughtful look. "Oh, I don't know. Perhaps I thought that you would be obsessively protective over Araxfell and insist on having him within a Healer's reach at all times." Ylva smiled down at her stomach and smoothed her hand over it once. "Or will father not love you like the others for being carried by a stuck up wh*re such are myself?" she smiled. "Mit søde barn," repeated Ylva to Araxfell. She hummed for a moment, not quite a song but a rhyme, and the child visibly kicked. "You know that one, don't you," she smiled. Ylva looked up. "Frankly, a bed would do just fine in the place of water. Wouldn't want barn to drown now, would we?". But it did not even sound like a vague threat from her lips. Only a joke, and perhaps ... a hint of sincerity.

"Never said that I was technically insulting you. Trust me," Axel's smile faded to a look of seriousness. "You would know when I would be insulting you. My own insults can rip through the soul if I wanted them to. Right now, I am simply joking around." Axel wondered why in the hell would she even do what she did in order to make the baby if she wasn't prepared? Takes two to tango. Those words entered his mind, and Axel shrugged at his thoughts. "You say that now. I think you will eat your words. Once Araxfell is out of your grasp, you will miss him, writhe for him. It is a mother's instinct." Axel glanced down at Athena, who murmured in Bulgarian, "Does she not want her baby, daddy?" Axel shook his head, and he hushed her with a pat on the side.

"Anything I make, any child, I will love him or her unconditionally. If I did not, then I would just let the embryo die, and save me the agony of being married to someone I could care less about." Which was not really that true. In a way, Axel cared about Ylva's safety, enough to maybe attend a funeral, but other than that, Axel couldn't think of any other reason besides a fallen comrade. "Giving birth in the water is actually a preferred way to have a child. The baby will not start to breathe until a few seconds after the birth. You do know that the womb is filled with liquid, don't you?" Axel gave her a look of questions. Just how much did she know about pregnancies?

Ylva matched his serious expression with one of her own. "I don't have a soul, my dear. But incidentally, I took the potion regularly. So either it wasn't working in the first place or you are very determined to spread your whelp throughout the world." She was not lying in this aspect; she had been diligent. If they had really thought about the implications of their actions then Axel would have cast the charm as well, but Ylva had thought herself relatively safe from such consequences. She had never been wrong before, which was why she found their situation so troublesome. Either way, she still brushed off his words about her missing their son. "Doesn't that work out perfectly. Well I hope he cries for me in return, for all the pain he's put me through." she said in a flat voice. It was obvious that she did not mean the words, but not so obvious was the fact that Axel's had hit home.

Ylva looked at Axel hard, trying to imagine his perspective. It was exceedingly difficult. She was distracted by his talk of birth and made a completely flabbergasted face. "Liquid? Really? So that was what had been sloshing around inside me for the past six months!" she exclaimed. Ylva shot him a deadpan look. She was not that much of a fool. However ... "I should have kept my mother alive for a bit longer," she sighed, staring down at her stomach again. Never in a million years would she admit to Axel that she hadn't the faintest clue as to how a birth would run. She gave it away slightly by remarking, "Perhaps a water birth might be preferable," but second to that, this was sadly Axel's territory. "No wonder Kvalheim's only try it once..." she muttered under her breath.

Axel laughed, "No, my father doesn't have a soul, nor does my oldest brother. I would have recognized the same characteristics between them and you. Trust me, either your soul is just so vile and corrupt, it is like not having one, or you are just hiding your true nature." Axel put his finger to his lip that was not holding little Athena. Axel smirked, wording his words carefully around his daughter, "Potion or not, the Zhefarovich's potion apparently is stronger. Nothing would have prevented what happened to us other than fate itself." Axel glanced down at Athena. A perfect example of safe desires gone wrong. Athena was a surprise baby, and here she was, looking as sweet and innocent as ever, even if her views on life were the exact same as Axel's.

"Araxfell will not cry for you. I will ensure of that. After all, he might grow up thinking that Avory is his mother, and not know who in the world is this Ylva Kvalheim. But who knows if I reveal who his ***** of a mother is." Axel corrected himself, "Okay, maybe ***** isn't the word. I can't place a good descriptive adjective for a creature like you." A sly smile graced his features, and he rolled his eyes at her exclamation. He raised an eyebrow at her sighing and muttering. "Water birth it is. Just so you know, it will hurt like hell." Axel winked one of his dark, stormy eyes at his wife.

Why on earth would Ylva hide her true nature? She knew exactly who and what she was, and even if this experience was changing her slowly but surely, she was well aware of the changes and accepted them as they came. But it was still irksome to hear Axel say those things. He really was one of the most disturbing creatures she had ever met. Ylva felt secure in the knowledge that only he would have that effect on her; she would soon be rid of him anyway. She listened vaguely to the rest of his speech, but then a thought struck her that almost wiped the floor with her future plans. Not that she had any. Ylva only knew as far as the divorce and after that, nothing. But this new plan ... this would change her life forever. Her eyes, which had been aloof and interested, grew darker with the makings of cruel plans. She smiled and returned her mask of emotions to its rightful place.

Axel might have found it strange that she did not respond to his comments on the knowings of Araxfell Zhefarovich, but she continued regardless. "My previous husband employed the use of 'loathsome snake'. Will that do?" she inquired. She then saw him roll his eyes, and rolled her eyes in return. "I have read enough to know that birthing hurts, Axel. Though it is amusing that you thought it necessary to inform me of this fact." Now she lapsed in to thought. Ylva had many questions to ask Axel, all of which she knew he would not answer. She decided to focus on the child instead, who rolled once more in her stomach. "Really, Araxfell, you are far too energetic." she scolded without thinking. Thrown off, she moved on. "Who will be present at the birth? I should hope you will." Ylva narrowed her eyes just in case.

Axel whispered to Athena in Bulgarian, "Go upstairs sweetheart, the adults need to talk." Athena nodded and she said in English, "Okay Bashta!" Athena ran upstairs and Axel shook his head. It was strange of her to simply ignore his plans with Araxfell not knowing about Ylva. Stronger forces came to play in that one. Axel stood up from the couch, and he approached Ylva. A smirk graced his lips, and he bent down to stare into dark eyes, however Axel's went darker. "Loathsome snake, huh? Tell me, what did you do to your previous husband? Did he leave you? Did you leave him? Or did you get rid of him?" Axel was bound to know why and how, and he would resort to any sort of measure to get the information out of her.

Axel was not an assassin for nothing. The Viscount of his family, it meant much more than any other title out in the wizarding world. "Oh, you might not be able to handle it. I guess we will see with such a graceful creature like yourself," mocked the Death Eater. His hand went to her stomach, feeling Araxfell move beneath his touch. "I will be there for the birth of Araxfell. And only for him." Stormy eyes went down to her stomach, before they met with her eyes once more. The look he had, it was almost irresistible. The smirk on his lips, the evil gleam in his eyes; the expression was statue-like. What was lurking in that head of Axel's? It could be anything.

How had he jumped from a simple look in her eye to the knowledge that she had done something far worse to her previous 'husband' than she had let on, Ylva would never understand. He was far too close for her liking but she did not move away even a millimeter. She smiled at him slowly and met his gaze evenly. "We disagreed." she said finally, smirk for smirk. "About children." That had been specifically aimed towards Axel. She said nothing about the result of that disagreement. But really, what else was she meant to say? 'He and the six others before him disagreed about children. So I slaughtered them like rabbits, murdered their family and took every last penny they owned for myself'. Or even 'No, my mother has been training me since I was fourteen to use a garroting wire until I was twenty-four, when I used it on her. My husbands all faced a similar fate.' Hardly.

Now he was simply laughing at her with his eyes, but Ylva knew better now. She would be able to handle a birth better than most women, even if in the end only her pride could keep her together; if that was the case, then it would hold her true. But surely Axel had seen her twitch slightly at his touch, as if she was resisting the urge to wrench his hand away from her stomach violently. This was her husband and the father of her child. She would allow him this much. After all, they had been intimate before. Once. Ylva kept her composure and continued to stare back to him. What would he try now, knowing that she held vile secrets within her grasp? If all went well he would dismiss it all and speak no more about her previous husbands. She was willing to speak about Araxfell, but spousal matters were off limits.

"Good. You will see him safe. But a Healer?"

"We have disagreed multiple times. Yet, you have done nothing to get rid of me." She twitched at his touch. She must have hated this. And what Axel would do now, it would be something he was trained to do. She had secrets, and Axel was going to get them out of her, one way or another. Every Zhefarovich in the family had a lurking dark side, a darkness that thirsted for blood if one could seek it out and embrace it. That darkness was coming out now. Axel's expression darkened to something much more terrifying than before yet he was even more attractive. "Considering that this information could impact the family," murmured the much darker Axel, "I think that one life lost would not mean much." This was just unlike Axel, a side that not even Ylva had seen. He was cruel, heartless, and all protective qualities over his children were thrown from a window.

His hand traced down her stomach, and Axel murmured, "Best not to move, darling." Even his movements, his actions, his eyes, they were all mocking wildly. Why had this side not come out when Asparuh forced them to marry? He would have killed the baby himself. His hand ended at her thigh, before his iron-like grip threatened to snap the femur like a twig. The pain itself would be almost unbearable. Axel smirked evilly, "Dare fight me off, and you will never walk again. You will tell me the information that you are hiding, Ylva." Axel was usually not like this, so violent, so cruel. Perhaps I am more like my father than some say. Sometimes, Axel acted as though he had a heart, and other times, he acted like a father and a joker, and now, he was simply evil. Axel smirked, "If you don't, this leg is gone, and I'll move onto the next. How will you attract any other men in a wheelchair, Ylva?"

He wouldn't dare... Ylva narrowed her eyes further to menacing slits, and she slid back on the couch till she could go no further. But he closed the distance within a heartbeat and was touching her again. It reminded her of Luxen, but Axel was not threatening her with pleasure. He was simply threatening her. She had not been in such a precarious situation in quite some time, and she would not have expected to see such cruelty in Axel Zhefarovich's eyes. But this was manageable. This was her job. Murderous husbands and relatives she was able to deal with. Ylva must think of this in the same way. Do not think emotionally about his words. Think about the demands, and bend them to your will. She was unnerved, but she was ready.

But not for this.

A spasm of pain crossed her features as his hand dug into her skin. His strength was astonishing, as was the agony it caused. Her pain-wracked features subsided into regular trembles, which the was the least anyone would have shown in that situation. Damn the man, damn him! With pupils like pinpricks, Ylva finally looked at him. "What do you want to know?" she hissed, her breath steady but her heart racing. Whatever question he asked next she would pull and twist into something that she could answer to her benefit; perhaps not lose her leg, and be able to get her own back.

The bone under his hand was shaking, as it practically begged for Axel to just crush it. It was taking all of his power, as breaking such a thick bone did take quite a bit of strength, even for a massive man like Axel. The pain brought pleasure to Axel. His eyes laughed maniacally, but no hint of laughter was upon his cold expressions. "You know what I want to know." Axel's words were steady, as his hand squeezed the bone even more. However, his plans were simple. They were hidden. The agony this would cause, it was tremendous. The threats were words, and though Axel would mean them, all he wanted was information, and that would be it. He had no desire to make her crippled, as he planned to reverse what would be done until he got what he wanted.

"What did you do to your previous husbands? Reveal to me everything. I want to know how violent you can be, Ylva. Reveal to me so that my imagine of you is not some pathetic, worthless scum!" This would all benefit her in a sick, twisted way. The pain he caused when he felt that the bone was giving, it was about to snap if he applied just a fraction of pressure more. Axel smirked evilly again, as he enjoyed the agonizing pain he was causing to his dear wife.

Ylva's lips were slowly drawing apart in an involuntarily feral expression. With her teeth bared and her pupils dilated she appeared monstrous, though not fearfully so. She was not out to cause pain but merely to escape. Axel was gripping down harder on to her already tortured leg, and it took all of her strength not to scream in anguish. Now she would give him no satisfaction whatsoever from making her feel such pain. She would give him nothing, and she wanted him to know that it was nothing.

His devilish eyes were unapologetic and unsatisfied, and Ylva had been pushed to the brink of restraint. With the movement of a striking snake, she lifted her hand and lashed out at him, slicing through his cheek with her nails; the last weapon she had left. Blood splattered across her chest as they slid through like paper, marking him viciously by way of all the strength she could muster. If it had not been her hand then it would have been her wand, or her wire. She had nothing left to protect herself from his words and the last of her energy went in to throwing his attention in this way.
"This is all that your demands mean to me," she hissed/choked out, trying to stop the trembling in her limbs as her bone was compressed to breaking point.

The strike had come unexpected. Though Axel's face was now damaged, blood trinkling down profusively, however, his grip did not lessen. Axel shook his head, his eyes locking on hers once more. There was something unreadable in them, like he enjoyed the pain that she caused him. A sly smirk, a Devil's grin if you will, appeared on his face. "So be it." Axel's eyes tored from hers, as he glanced down at her leg. For someone her age, Axel had to admit, she had nice legs, until now. Axel's grip did not increase, as if he were doubting his own abilities to do such a painful thing to his wife. What kind of man was he? Was Axel, even in his dark form, capable of doing so painful, more painful than any other sort of event on a human body?

Of course Axel was capable of doing this. Axel's grip increased sevenfold, and the bone gave in. A sickening crack could be heard from a mile away it seemed. The most pain a human body could endure, and he managed to do this. Though he was risking Araxfell's life by doing so, but Axel had faith in the little lad to just hang in there and fight like a Zhefarovich. The kid had it in him. He was a pure-blood after all. The pain of her nails was surprisingly giving him energy. His hand released her thigh, but he did not retreat. "That is what I think about your future of ever walking again. Now, are you ready to spill what I want to know, or should I move to the next leg?"

No... said her mind, the last vestiges of sanity screaming with all they had. Ylva could not deny that she had practically asked for this with her open denial and resistance and she was as mentally prepared as one could ever be for such pain, but that wasn't what was filling her with painful thrills. His eyes were unrepentant, as though he knew exactly what he was doing and how much pain he would put her through. She wanted to scream, 'Do you have any idea which bone you are going to break?', the result would have been as pointless as throwing a marshmallow at a werewolf. He knew, she knew, and she still wasn't ready.

Too late. Her breath gave a great hitch and she let out a terrible moan of anguish as the largest bone in her entire body splintered under the crushing grip of her husband. She had not the breath to scream for long, and so was left panting, shaking, yet unable to shield or cradle her injury with her stomach in the way. Ylva did not even feel Araxfell writhe and kick within her; the pain of her leg went directly to the center of her forehead and throbbed like a regular cannon blast. She then realised that he had released her leg, having been caved in and flopping lifelessly against the sofa, but the pain did not abate even slightly. Fool. How was she even to speak with such agony still raging through her? But she could still think, and she was trying.

Lie. Lie. Lie. A lie, you must think of a lie! How difficult should it have been to just pluck one of many excuses she could has chosen off the wall of falsehoods and just hand it to Axel until he was satisfied? Her head was spinning. "I had..." she managed, limbs shaking like a leaf. "Many husbands. All divorced. Bankrupted them all." I cannot think! That would have to do until she stopped shaking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back