Expecting a Visitor

Erik kicked his legs fitfully as he waited for his picture to be taken, sliding off the chair when Josh announced that he was done. Racing over to his father he tugged on his shirt. "Cookies, Daddy! Cookies!"

Tristan watched as Josh took Erik's picture, knowing full well that the little boy did not possess an inkling of curiosity in the camera. Laughing as Erik tugged on his shirt, he picked the boy up with ease. He dangled the little boy upside down. "Maybe they're my cookies and I don't want to share," he offered, knowing that he could not put up with that for long, as Erik would throw a fit. The large man entered the kitchen, his arm around the little boy's waist.

Erik squealed shrilly as he was dangled upside down. His short hair hung at the pull of gravity, his blue eyes sparkling. Whereas another child might have cried at the height the little boy was totally fine with it. "No, Daddy. COOKIES!" he demanded bluntly, his lips contorted in a pout.

"Alright, champ," Tristan laughed, "You can have a cookie." Swinging the boy the right way up he set him on his feet, reaching into the cupboard to grab the bag of oreos that he had hid in there. He would have to remind himself to put them somewhere new later, as Erik would surely attempt to get them now that he knew their location. Grabbing two of the black cookies with white filling he handed them to his son, stating, "There. You have your cookies now."

Smirking at Josh, he asked, "You want any? I have no idea if these things are any good."

Josh was busy working on the final documents and looked up as the little one squealed. He chuckled to himself, then sighed. He realized that he was witnessing alot of what Cloe stole from him with Blake. He hurried to finish up the document, then looked up at Tristan. "All finished. I think I will pass on the cookies. I am not a huge fan of those. I prefer the white ones to be honest." He took and piled up the documents for Tristan. "Come look at these, make sure your information is all correct, Duckman."

Tristan noticed that Josh looked a little sullen for a fleeting moment, but he was never one to pry. "Really? I think they're pretty good." He took a bite out of one thoughtfully, passing up the opportunity to punch or make a rude gesture to Josh for his remark and moving forward. "Ethan Mallard, birthdate November 4, 1980, resident of Appleton, Wisconsin, United States of America. Erik Mallard, birthdate April 27, 2018. Same." He looked up at his friend, smirking. "Thanks a bunch, man. This is much better than the angry retort I expected." He was quite glad that he was not going to have to pick up and move again. Now he was rather assured that Death Eaters or Ministry members were not going to come knocking on his door anytime soon. Finally, he would be able to move into a peaceful, if unfamiliar life with his son.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back