Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Wand
Straight Chestnut Wand 14" Sturdy with Boomslang Venom
Broom in hand the young first year approached the Quidditch Pitch, for years she had been dreaming of playing on the field her mother started Quidditch on, Not making it on the Quidditch team would break her. Wearing her black Quidditch pants and Red oversized T shirt she approached the clearing of the Pitch, the grass was Vibrant and the day seemed perfect to fly around, Scarlet had felt all cooped up since she first started School, she hadn't been able to fly.

Looking at her broom next to her she felt suddenly nervous, her stomach flipped and she paused, the air felt different, it suddenly hit her that there would be a lot of expectations on her to be a perfect Quidditch player. Scarlet took a deep breath and tried to bring in more oxygen to stop her stomach from doing flips, she relaxed and looked around 'No one is here Scarlet' she said to herself, she noticed some students in the stands 'Very few people are here Scarlet' she corrected herself 'You've been flying since you could hold a Broom, Everyone makes mistakes' she began trying to pep talk herself into being more confident but it didn't mean anything to her, Her Mother was a Professional Quidditch Player, Captain, Coach and Head Beater of her own team there were a lot of expectations on her.

Shaking her head she rested her broom in her arm and reached around it to tie up her long brown hair, Grabbing her broom with her hand she took two strong strides and kicked off and mounted the Broom mid air, kicking it straight into a backflip she kept herself close to the ground before flying straight up into the air she stopped once she was in the middle of the Pitch in line with the hoops and sat there, suspended in the air, legs lazily hanging off her broom she leaned forward like a large cat resting on a tree branch and her Broom slowly descended to the ground horizontally.

His first week went by quickly and Vikare spent each evening down on the pitch watching the try-outs of people who were planning and hoping to become part of their house's team. The slytherin loved quidditch and back home he played with his sister and brother at their backyard, where their father had installed a set of golden goalposts. Vikare always chose to guard the goalposts while his siblings were working together to distract him and throw the ball past him and through the hoops.

Playing with his younger siblings wasn't exactly the best of practice and certainly didn't feel ready to be part of his house's team yet. Apart from the fact that first years weren't really favored, he wanted to feel confident about his skills and he had more than enough time to hone them.

That morning the pitch wasn't booked for try-outs or team practices. The few students there were up for spontaneous pick-up games or to just fly a few laps around the pitch. Vikare was watching from the stands, holding the quaffle he had won in a contest, signed by the whole Italian Quidditch National Team. He grabbed his broom and ran down the seats towards the pitch and jumped off the edge flying off towards the southern goalposts.

He needed to find someone to practice with but most students had already formed groups. There was just a girl flying alone close to the center of the pitch and Vikare didn't hesitate to invite her over.
"Hey!" He shouted from the distance and waved at her to draw her attention. "Wanna shoot some goals?" He cupped one hand around his mouth to amplify his voice and with the other waved his precious quaffle.

Lazily drifting around she heard the sound of another broom but she chose to ignore it until she heard someone call out to what she could only assume was her, the 11 year old lifted her head and looked around to see a boy from what she could gather was her age waving at her and for a moment she paused in case he was talking to someone else, Scarlet looked behind her to make sure he was talking to her, he asked her if she wanted to do something and she raised her eyebrow, he was waving a quaffle around 'What?!' she called back curiously. Scarlet put her feet back up on her broom and shot over to where the boy was 'Did you say Shoot some Goals?' she asked her curiosity peaking at the thought of being able to practice with someone.

Scarlet looked at the quaffle and raised her eyebrow again 'wait is that Quaffle signed?' she asked slowly moving her broom closer to get a better look, Scarlet dropped on of her legs again to do a quicker turn. Scarlet didn't want to get too close in case she freaked the boy out with her enthusiasm,

More people than what he had expected turned their attention on him but at least among them was also the girl he intended to call over.
"Yeah you, come over!" He beckoned her towards him. The girl seemed to be around his age and Vikare thought that she looked effortless on her broom. Definitely a better team player than his siblings.

His eyes shifted on his quaffle when she asked him if it was signed and a soft smirk stretched on his lips.
"Yup. I have the whole Italian National Team on this beauty." He confirmed and passed the quaffle to her and have a look herself, as well as, test her reflexes.
"I'm Vikare by the way." He remembered to introduce himself. Uneasiness clawed inside him for letting a stranger hold his signed quaffle so he had his eyes glued on her.
"You can try and score while I'll be blocking. We can change posts after a while. Are you in?" Vikare cut to the chase, hovering already before the goalposts.

Catching the quaffle with one hand she pulled it closer to her and examined it 'Italian National Team you say? Do you go for Italian Quidditch teams?' she moved it around in her hand, trying to hide her expression of concern, she was worried if people knew who her mother was she may be refused from trying out for Quidditch due to an unfair advantage. The Boy introduced himself and she tucked the Quaffle under her arm and extended her hand 'Nice to meet you, I'm Scarlet' she said stopping herself before she said her last name. Untucking the Quaffle she tossed it back to him and listened to his proposition 'You want to play with that Quaffle? don't want to use one of the school's Quaffles?' she asked raising an eyebrow, an item signed by the entire Italian National Team should be treasured rather than played with.

Scarlet tossed her hair over her shoulder again and shrugged at his idea 'I'm more of a Beater but sure, let's do some blocking'

Vikare could tell from the way the girl caught his Quaffle that it wasn't the first time she had one in her hands. She looked natural on her broom as well so maybe she was a second year who have been playing for her house team. He couldn't have found a better person to practice with.
"I'm from Florence so I'm supporting Tuscan Charmers of course." He revealed, nodding at the Quaffle she was now holding where some of the signatures on its leather surface belonged to players also playing for Charmers.

Vikare gave her hand a firm yet gentle squeeze. "Likewise." He was prepared to catch back his quaffle although the girl's suggestion caught him by surprise. "Is it allowed to use school's ones?" He asked, not wanting to break any rules. If that was possible he would rather prefer to play with another one. When Scarlet mentioned her preference for Beater's position, Vikare thought that they should both benefit from this collaboration. "Afterwards I can be your target if you like. Avoiding Bludgers is important as well." He suggested, knowing that a capable Keeper should also be able to avoid incoming Bludgers. "Where we could find another Quaffle?" He asked, hoping again that borrowing school equipment was lawful when you weren't actually playing for a house's Quidditch team.

Scarlet regripped her broom when the boy known as Vikare mentioned the charmers, she felt heat come to her cheeks she couldn't hide the fact that she was the Daughter of Kida Frost for much longer. 'Oh yeah, I play with the Charmers sometimes...' she began and then realized it may sound like she was big noting herself of lying '..sort of, what I mean to say is...' she paused again trying to figure out what she was going to say '..I don't play professionally with them, I train with them..' she got flustered with her words and began to sink slightly on her broom slowly drifting lower in altitude, Scarlet realized she was sinking and went back up to height again 'My Mum is a player for the Tuscan Charmers, My Dad is a player for the Moutohora Macaws' she said abruptly.

Trying to move forward with the conversation Scarlet continued on with the topic 'Yeah sure, There should be like Public use Quaffles for people who come down to the pitch and want to toss the ol' Quaffle around ' she said lowered the nose of her broom and shooting for the ground, Scarlet jumped off the broom in a swift movement and tucked her broom under her arm as she took her first few strides landing on the pitch, Checking around she found what appeared to be a tub of Quaffles and lifted one up 'Tada' she said.
The Boy Offered to be a target for Beaters practice and she smiled 'Do you think you're ready to have Bludgers shot towards you, You may need a bit more... padding' she said looking at him tilting her head slightly.

There was a precious moment where Vikare's face washed blank with surprise, like his brain cogs couldn't turn fast enough to take in the information from what Scarlet had just said. Every muscle of his body just froze before a grin crept onto his face. It soon stretched from one side to the other. "Get out of here!" He exclaimed in disbelief but Scarlet looked serious. "Really? Who's your mom? I swear I'm a huge fan. My whole room back at home is themed on Charmers and I have also a flag hanged on the dormitory's wall." He admitted with his disbelief turning into excitement. He would have been thrilled if he was in her shoes but her temperate response indicated that she wasn't that enthusiastic about it.

While Scarlet flew away to go fetch another Quaffle, Vikare landed to leave his own Quaffle down at the base of the goalposts as they weren't going to use it. He took back his position in front of the middle hoop as soon as Scarlet came back.
"I don't think I'll have the luxury of extra padding during a real match." He smiled back, convinced that Quidditch armor wasn't that padded to absorb Bludger hits.
"I might be playing a pretty static position but I'm quite fast." He said and right away demonstrated that by hovering for a moment and suddenly made a quick, sharp turn, darting himself lower to the right hoop and then zoomed upwards to the left one. "What are you waiting for? Just shoot already!" He urged her enjoying himself already while propelling steeply from hoop to hoop, imitating closely the way a dragonfly is changing direction suddenly.

Watching the Boy's reaction Scarlet rubbed the back of her neck, he didn't want to be treated differently because of her parentage, she Blushed at his enthusiasm 'Kida Frost...' she said carefully 'I was only little when Mum left the Holyhead Harpies and started up he Charmers' she added, She loved her mothers Team and was never ashamed of her Mother, but she never wanted to be treated differently before she had even started to be known as herself.

Tossing the Quaffle up and down a few times she watched the Boy defend the Rings, she cocked her head to the side as he shot between the various rings. Scarlet pulled her broom back to get into a better position and tucked the Quaffle under her arm and shot forward, tossing it forward slightly she used her elbow to knockinig ot forward with force towards the lower right ring, the boy had called at her to try urge her on but she didn't listen to the heckle. she watched to see if the Quaffle got into the Goal 'Are you going to try out for Quidditch as well?' she asked curiously 'Bludgers will pretty much hurt, but at least the correct guards will stop your arm from getting shattered, which can be quite painfully actually' Scarlet had been fortunate enough to not be too beat up by Bludgers in her time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back