Exercise No Caution

Jai Dionysus

OOCOut of Character:
I'm sorry about the delay in posting this. It's been so long, I know. Sickness and college is getting to me :(. Once I get an rp up though I do stick with it, so have no fear. Onwards!

Also, I hope you don't mind Alexis, but I've put in a bit of a filler that Jai's been starting to pick on Karah already so that this isn't such a random happenstance, to tie things up a bit better.
Jai was picking moodily at his fish pie before tossing the lump of potato across the plate. His hands were on his cutlery but his eyes were across the table at Sureya in all her ethereal beauty ... talking to that insufferable Hamza clot. In all honesty, he didn't know the other boy from a bar of soap, but if he was talking to the Hufflepuff veela when Jai was not, he was automatically enemy number one. Worse yet, this wasn't the first time that he'd seen them fraternising. No one could point out to him that since they were both in Hufflepuff it wasn't a crime for them to be seen in and around each other's personage. All he could see was Sureya smiling. She never smiles at me, he thought irrationally. Jai proceeded to murder a carrot viciously with a steak knife. There was one consolation to the detestable circumstances, and that was Jai's new replacement tormentee. The second year Gryffindor was a great filler for his usual teasing. Even better than she was a part-veela like Sureya. He had to have someone to pick on if he couldn't pick on his usual part-blood.

Jai was bored of making stormy-eyes at the supposed 'couple' at the end of the bench and glided upright to sidle over to the Gryffindor table. It always happened that he blew off a little steam by a few choice words to the little brown haired air-head. Dammit, he was using his pet name for Sureya on her ... So far he'd kept it under the table from most of the other students, but today he was irritated enough to make the fatal mistake of tormenting her out in public. In front of Sureya.
"How do you like all the boys looking at you?" whispered Jai in the girl's ear, probably scaring the life out of Karah. He didn't even know her name. His rare but usually handsome smirk turned nasty in these unflattering moments. "It must feel wonderful, a little talentless chit like you getting sticky eyes when no one else would look twice if you weren't a veela." No one was even looking their way yet, so far as he could tell.

OOCOut of Character:
Don't worry about it. I was away for a few days anyway. And I did the same in another rp with Karah. So not to worry. ^_^ On y va!
Lately, Karah’s life had been one that she wished on another person. She had abandoned her ‘mother’ and father and had gone through the tiring task of changing her name while all of her things were moved in with her sisters. But this was not all; Karah Love was being bullied by a person whose name she did not even know. He managed to find her when she wanted to be alone and as she sat in the Great Hall and ate her spaghetti she heard the voice of the person who tormented he as often as he could, in her ear. She shuddered as she felt his hot breath on her neck. She put down her fork and grasped at the table as a frown grew on her face. The last thing she wanted was to be a part-veela and to be recognized as such. It wasn’t as if she did not have enough problems with it, from not knowing who her real mother was for most of her life and now having to learn to control the charm as well as her temper that came with being a veela and a red head… Or at least the stereotype. “Leave me alone,” she mumbled, hoping that there was something inside of him that would recognize that she did not need to be teased to feel worse about herself./

Karah looked straight ahead and did not see anybody looking at them and wondered why he had said people were starring at her. No one was but him and she certainly did not like that. Pushing back her red hair behind her ear, Karah looked back down to her plate and closed her eyes tightly, hoping that maybe he would get bored and leave. However, she knew that he would not. He fed on her unhappiness and discomfort like a beast that was worse than what he bullied her for being. What she was being tortured for was something that she did not have any control over and Karah knew this but with each vicious word that dropped from his tongue it made her think that it was really her fault. “What did I do to you?” she asked in a soft, broken voice that probably made this boy feel better about himself like some would.

"Oh, it's nothing personal," said Jai with a voice like melted caramel. It was obscene hearing it from such a hostile source, especially when the deep voice matched his dark looks. "After all, there's enough of the half breed vermin hanging around this rat race of a school, anyway. I'm simply inclined to torment the scum-of-the-earth, especially when they're a particularly-" he paused, glancing over her fine boned features, "-antagonistic kind." It would seem to anyone that it was very personal indeed, but in truth it was not. Jai didn't believe a single word he was saying, and nor would anyone else who had an ounce of sense. It wasn't logical to single out the unique in a place like this, especially when he was just as weird as the rest of them. It was the emotional backlash that he was craving. One day she might snap like Sureya would if it were her, but he was enjoying the broken looks too much to crave that day. It was sick. He knew it was. No one really deserved this kind of treatment ... but it felt too good to vent on a yielding source.

Jai swung his leg casually over the seat and sat down next to her. He leant his elbows on the table and smiled pleasantly at the boy opposite him who thought nothing of it, all the while hissing under his breath to Karah.
"I could imagine you like all this, then," he said with an undercurrent of maliciousness. A Gryffindor fourth year gave him an envious look as he sat so close to the pretty girl next to him. Jai was far too close for comfort. Lifting his hand, he twined a finger once in a long red curl and abruptly dropped it like it was a snake, his expression unsettling pleasantry never changing. "What would you do if one of these louts cornered you under a streetlight, hm? Probably cry and scream like a baby." He focused his chocolate brown eyes on Karah's, trapping her in his gaze. "Why don't you tell me all about being half breed scum, hm?".

</COLOR>
<COLOR color="#000">Karah hated this boy, this awful person, who said mean things to her and made her just want to go to her older brothers and get them to beat him up for her. That was what having four older brothers, the majority of whom had played on their house teams as Beaters, was for but they were so were so far away from Hogwarts New Zealand so she either had to endure this or punish the boy herself but she did not have the strength, not in her humanoid form, anyhow. When she was in her bird form, she presumed that she could overpower him in a heartbeat but she had never been like one and she did not desire this because it would only give this person leave to tease her even more. “Why don’t you go find them? I’m sure the Snows have more than what I have to please you. So just… go away Karah’s voice was not strong despite her true effort to make it so. She wanted him to leave her alone; she did not even care if he bullied another person that had the same affliction as her as long as he left her alone. She was tired of thinking that because her father and her biological mother had gotten together she was vermin who did not deserve proper treatment. But with each hurtful word that fell from this Slytherin’s lips, she was starting to believe it.

The Gryffindor girl shuddered as the stone faced Slytheirn sat so close to her and spoke to her. She opened her mouth to object because there was nothing she hated more than this experience and the stares she received but it was silenced when he touched her. Instantly she felt like crying, like she was nothing more than a harlot or even worse than this. She wanted to run, to hide from this monster beside her but he would only catch up to her like monsters often did. He was like a night terror that seeped into real life because no matter how much she pinched herself, she would not get rid of him like she could get rid of the bad dreams she had when she was a younger child. As he spoke to her, she felt threatened like he was going to corner her and hurt her and suddenly her body tensed and her instinct to flee had arrived but her legs were locked and she could not move because she was petrified by fear. Just as he had suggested she would be if she was cornered by someone else. “Please,” Karah said, taking her gaze away from his to cover her eyes as tears threatened to spill from them. This Gryffindor had lost all of the personality that had allowed her to be placed in the home of Godric Gryffindor with those words and had become undone.​
<i>
</i>

Sureya sat at Hufflepuff table with a few of those she spoke too, there weren't many any more but that was mainly as she preferred to keep to herself and read a lot. Hamza and herself were becoming fast friends and she enjoyed his company immensely though always she wished she could speak with Jai again, instead of the pair seemingly always at logger heads. As she chatted she turned her gaze in the direction it always went, past the Gryffindor table to Slytherin in order to scan it for the face that brightened her day no matter what mood she was in and no matter how much he aggravated her. She had no sooner looked when Hamza told a joke and knowing she knew this one, she smiled allowing a light bubble of laughter to emanate as she did so. Turning her gaze back again she could not see the flicker of Jai she had witnessed a mere moment ago and felt herself bristle immeasurably towards her friend for making her lose sight of the Slytherin. With a sigh she calmed herself realising that it was not her friends fault for making her smile and distracting her from gazing across the hall to see another boy.

As she turned again however intent on paying full attention to the conversation that abounded her eyes caught sight of him sitting with a beautiful Gryffindor girl. Her heart thumped maddeningly, for many reasons it seemed. For one she disliked that house intently now especially as two girls from it made her life a misery in every care of magical creatures class, for another most Gryffindors thought themselves superior thanks largely to Harry Potter and now this girl who she knew to be of veela extraction was taking Jai's attention. The green eyed monster gripped her squarely and she tried to look away a few times only to always return her gaze and sigh inwardly. A gasp escaped her when she saw him lift some of the girls hair up and though she could not see clearly the girls face with Jai leaning in so close to her, Sureya was picturing the look she herself would have had. Enraptured and thrilled that he would be so close to her. He obviously liked this girl to say he had gone out of his way to go over to her and Jai who was not public about his emotions was now displaying his affection for the girl by playing with her hair! Sureya thought it all unfair and if she had a mind too, she would have turned to Hamza and kissed him or something but she didn't. Instead she glanced away again, unable to help the look of hurt that crossed her face.

The Gryffindor girl didn't seem to have an ounce of spark in her. Perhaps he was better at crushing spirits then he thought he was, although Jai had never actively tried to before. He lifted the corner of his mouth mockingly when Karah told him to find one of the Snows. That was the real kicker.
"Maybe I should," said Jai, injecting a hint of scorn into his voice. "Those sneaky little vipers would have a bit more backbone than a lion like you, I daresay. Call yourself a Gryffindor..."
He had fought to remain impassive during the exchange, but the girl's supposed cowardice made him want to spit on the ground. Worse yet, she was beginning to make a scene by covering her face and ... was that tears he was seeing leaking between her clenched fingers? At this rate, he would literally have to move on to higher targets. Where was all that fierceness and 'turning into a manic bird' kind of thing? Jai swung himself around and stretched out, resting his elbows behind him on the table.

"A please, is it?". The words floated over the tables and a few students began to look their way. "Why don't you do what that veela filth does best and tempt me to stop?" With those words, the thirteen year old deviant leaned in so far that his nose almost touched Karah's cheek. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Sureya staring at the scene across the hall then glance away. Ha. So she is looking. Let's see if we can bring out the feathers, hm? But from whom ... thought Jai. "You know, I'm actually surprised that they haven't driven you out of this place yet, air-head. I don't even think the Hufflepuffs would have taken you on in this state." Was it just him, or was the girl's shoulders starting to shake? Jai bit the inside corner of his cheek. Attracting Sureya's attention was one thing, but if the Gryffindor kicked up too much of a fuss there'd be teachers involved and Jai didn't have a black mark on his record yet. He wasn't planning on starting now.

</COLOR>
<COLOR color="#000">Karah had nothing to say to the bully as he commented on her house. She had not decided what archetype she would be put under and did not know why she was in it so she did not call herself a Gryffindor. She called herself a student. This comment did not bother her one iota but she responded, "I'd rather be a cowardly lion than an underhanded, weak person who makes up for it by going under the house 'Slytherin'." As soon as the words were out of her lips she could not help but feel shocked at herself because even though she had been known to have a bit of an attitude, this was almost unlike her completely as of late. However, as she cried into her hands Karah Love knew that nearly all things were unlike her lately and this was just one of them... or rather a product of the changes? Either way, the girl, who lacked all of previous personality in all its sassy, bubbly glory, had said this and was now crying as she listened to the Slytherin insult her even more.

The close proximity was what through Karah off, he was touching her and it caused her to shudder violently before shuffling away from him, down the bench before she actually recognized what he had said to her. She was not sure if she could tempt him to leave her be instead of just beckon him closer to her which was not what she wanted. Plus, Karah did not know how to emanate such a thing yet It happened without her control or knowledge but everyone else seemed to know that she was a veela. It was unrealistic because she had not told a soul outside of her family but none of them where actually here. “It doesn’t work that way,” she grumbled, finding herself get annoyed with this Slytherin instead of more scared of him and his words. As he insulted her intelligence she turned her face to his so she was glaring right into his eyes as she spat, “At least I don’t spend my time with those I feel are inferior. That is just stupid.” Karah did not know what she was doing or saying, these things just kept spilling out of her mouth as a way to hopefully get him to stay away from her.​
<i>
</i>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back