Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Alder Wand 13 3/4" Essence of Dragon Heartstring
Elijah had always believed that he could never give up touring, it always been so much of his adult life, but when his little boy had been born, Elijah had known it was time to move on. He got a good, cushy job as a producer, it allowed him to make money and create new music without ever having to be too far from his family. Others he knew would’ve taken the family with them, but Eli loved his family too much to want to ever drag them away from their life. He had a solid nine to five job where he could pick and choose the people he worked with and the hours he actually put in. It was pretty amazing. He had always known that between himself and Kynleigh they would achieve highly. They would manage far more he had ever expected that he would. He no longer surprised Kynleigh whenever he got home, he just headed in and knew she’d be expecting him. Or he’d even be home before her, which was such a novel thing for them. It had been their life for the last seven or so years and the fact that their little boy would be turning seven that very next day had enticed him home that day earlier. He had gotten some good presents for him, a little kids broom being the centre of it. Despite his fame in the muggle world, they lived in a house protected by magic, no one saw anything they shouldn’t. He crept into the house, thinking that neither his wife nor his son would be there and so he wouldn’t have to worry about running into them, but still creeping along to avoid them just in case. He took it to one of the spare rooms they had and where they’d been keeping the things for his birthday and began to wrap the gift.
It would be familiar obvious what the gift was, no matter how good the wrapped of the present was, but he still made an attempt at it. He made sure that it was both obvious and something that could still maybe be something else. They had the space for it, and despite himself he knew that his son would probably be quite good at it. Elijah had never been that into sports, his music always filling up his time, but they’d gotten their son involved in a number of activities and classes for magical kids so that he could experience and grow while also learning bits and pieces. He had thought about sending him to muggle school, but he’d just not seen the point of it. If their son eventually went to some magical boarding school, they’d have to explain where he went, so it was easier to just say homeschooling, far less uations could be asked about that. He heard the door creep open, ”Son, I’m a little busy,” he called out without even looking over, grabbing his wand and casting a quick disillusionment charm to hide all of it. But when he looked round he spotted his wife instead, ”Oh, it’s you,” he said in a relieved tone with a little chuckle. He’d been a little too quick to act. He loved his wife more than anything in the world, and he told her each day, but he was also in that moment more relieved that this wasn't their kid almost accidentally seeing all of the presents just that little bit too early.

Kynleigh heard her husband before she saw him. He must have assumed that she wasn't at home because she heard him head to the spare room and shut the door. She knew that Elijah was probably more than likely finishing up with the last minute gift shopping for their sons birthday tomorrow. The blonde made her way to the room and turned the handle slowly. She beamed at the man standing before her as she strode over and wrapped her arms around him and gave him a quick peck on the cheek. "Your son is not here right now. He's at Adam and Orla's house playing," she said before turning a cheeky look to her husband and adding, "Let me rephrase that. I sent him there because your son decided to get ahold of my wand earlier and try to open this locked door. And let me be very clear that is indeed your son because my sweet baby would never do such a devious little thing in his life." Kynleigh laughed loudly. It was true that Matthew was indeed all Elijah's kid. From the twinkle in his eyes to his demeanor. She honestly believed that most days that was why she loved that child so incredibly much.

Elijah leaned easily into the kiss from his wife easily but he was also listening along as she spoke, oh he was his son, now when he’d been misbehaving, it always seemed that when it was something like this situation she was describing that it was his fault. That it was because of him genes, it was all good natured of course and he could help but see little bits and pieces of himself in his boy because it was something he would’ve done as a child, Elijah wrapped his arms around his wife, ”Oh is that how it is then?” the man said with mirth in his voice, ”Soon he’ll be grabbing his own wand and being studious as his mother was at school” the man wasn’t looking forward to when that would happen, when their dear only son would leave them and move on to his education, he was already growing up too fast and it was his birthday that next day. They were going to have such a magical day as a family, no work, no worries, just them and the party. He had left strict instructions that he was not to be bothered during his son’s birthday, one of the demands he could easily make in the position he was in with all the experience and fame he had. ”We just need to learn to hide the presents and our wands better from my son’s sneaky little hands,”

The blonde beamed at her husband as he spoke. That is until she heard him mention that Matthew would soon enough have a wand of his very own and being a studious wizard. A half pout sprang to her lips as she glared at her husband slightly. "About that. I've decided to jinx him so that he stays my sweet little rambunctious baby forever. He'll never have to grow up that way," she said before slinking her arms around Elijah's neck and adding, "Any objections from the audience?" It was true that the next four years would probably fly by just as quickly as the l.ast seven had and as much as she wished she could keep her son little forever she didn't want him to miss out on all of the things that she'd missed out on. She'd only gotten to attend not quite a full three years at Hogwarts before she was pulled from the school by her mother. Kynleigh wanted for Matthew to have every single educational opportunity that she hadn't gotten to experience. She, of course, passed all of her classes while being homeschooled and had done quite well for having been responsible for almost the entirety of her education, but she missed the social aspect of it. She'd never really made any friends. A select handful of people and then of course Elijah. It was almost surreal that this is how her life had turned out. If someone would have told her eleven year old self that she'd now be married and mothering a child with her first year best friend she would have laughed them silly. But this was her life and the young blonde would be forever thankful for that. "I really do love you Elijah Tine. I hope you know that," she said as she nuzzled her face into his neck.

A quick thought interrupted her snuggle time as she remembered that she had to pick up the cake from the bakery in a little over an hour and finish getting the rest of the decorations for the party tomorrow. Kynleigh looked over at the pile of gifts sitting on the spare bed. She made a mental note, trying to remember if there was anything else that they needed to pick up. "He really is going to be quite surprised. Especially with the broom," she said, still feeling slightly hesitant about that particular gift. Her motherly instincts took over when she thought of her only child zooming around care free on one of those death contraptions,

Elijah grinned easily at her, they had been together so long but the adventure of parenthood had completely opened his eyes to his wife, seeing her in more ways, loving her more and more. But their sweet little boy, who was growing up too fast with such a mischievous streak, should definitely stay a sweet innocent baby forever. So at her comment about it, he nodded in agreement, ”No objections from the audience,” the man said back to her leaving in to give her a quick peck on the cheek. They would of course be able to let little Matty go when he needed to, Elijah wanted his son to do well in school, wanted him to find and follow his passions. He didn’t want his son to ever be limited in what he did, or achieved. He would need to do that from a school, no matter how much he disliked the idea of his son growing up, being an adult and no longer needing them. At her words he nodded, he knew it, he felt her love everyday, and hoped she felt his, ”I love you too,” the man replied with ease the familiar words in his mouth felt so natural. ”I still think we should’ve gone for the huge drum kit I saw in that music shop downtown,” the man joked, he’d be nervous about his son whizzing around on the broom, ”But I guess the broom is better for our sleep,” he joked easily with a smile upon his face. ”What else is there to do that needs to be done today while our little Matty is at our friends place?”

Kynleigh closed her eyes lightly and grinned as she let his 'I love you too' wash over her. She always knew that he loved her, but it never ceased to amaze her just how easily those words from this man could calm her soul for all the days of their life. That moment was short lived when she heard him mention the huge drum kit. "Elijah, I don't know if you've heard our son sing or have seen him dance or really do anything that requires any kind of rhythm," she paused for dramatic effect, "But he's terrible! Thank you for not subjecting us to such ungodly terrors." The blonde laughed as she nudged her husband before adding, "Sadly, he didn't get your musical talent, my dear." Though she honestly wasn't sure how much better the broom would be for her sleep. She was never much of a flyer. In fact the only time she'd ever been on a broom had been her first year in school. That had been more than enough for her. Kynleigh was perfectly capable of keeping her head in the clouds, but she wanted to do it with her feet firmly rooted on the ground.

The blonde thought about her husbands next question. She knew that the decorations were already taken care of. It looked as if Elijah had already taken care of the rest of the gifts. The caterers were already booked and would be at the house around noon to set up. "Honestly, for today we're all set up. I have to pick the cake up in about two hours, but other than that, we're ready to have a party," she said with a sigh of relief. "Looks like mom and dad get to enjoy the peace and quiet for another hour or so before he gets home." They so rarely had quiet time alone at home that Kynleigh wasn't quite sure what to do about it.

Elijah frowned at her and shook his head, ”He could learn Kynleigh!” he was of course joking, he had seen his son play instruments and it did seem like he had gotten none of Elijah’s natural talent or any talent of it. It was a little disappointing, but he wasn’t too unhappy with it. Elijah’s life up until recently had been complicated, between the touring, the moving, the fame, it was complicated especially because of the magic they all had, so perhaps his son had been saved from such a thing, ”He could always produce like his old man does now,” Elijah reasoned with Kynleigh, of course their son was still too young to know what he wanted to do with his life and Elijah would support him regardless. Of course he would, if he liked books, quidditch or dared to attempt to learn an instrument, Elijah would happily support him, it wasn’t like their family would ever be so low on funds that they wouldn’t manage to afford it. The man nodded as she told him that everything else was ready, they’d been planning and working towards this party for a little while, it seemed near surreal that it was finally happening, that they were a day away from it. ”Oh kynleigh, if I didn’t know any better I’d say you were suggesting we try to make Matty a little sibling,” the man joked, they’d never talked about having more children, Matty had always been enough for them, but he knew she likely hadn’t meant it in that sense, but of course he loved joking with his wife, ”Or are you just suggesting we take a nap?” the man then added, ”Because I would LOVE a nap right now,”

The blonde smirked at her husband before she leaned up and planted a small kiss on his lips. "Of course he can," she said sympathetically. She knew good and well that probably wouldn't happen, but they could always hope. No matter what their son decided in his life, they'd support him one hundred percent. No questions asked. Kynleigh and Elijah had both come from families that were anything other than supportive and they'd decided that they would be the complete opposite. While she knew they weren't perfect parents, they were a far cry better than anything she or Elijah had grown up with. A loud laugh escaped from her as she heard her husbands last comment. As much as she loved Matthew, he hasn't exactly been planned. She had never imagined herself as a mother, especially not with the lifestyle that she and her husband had led, but when she turned up pregnant she'd been terrified, but also realized that it was exactly what she wanted. Their lives had changed considerably over the last several years. They'd had to grow up a lot, but they'd loved every minute of it. "As much as I love our son, I, under no circumstance want another child. That is, unless you're going to carry it for nine months," she joked with Elijah before adding, "Though we could always do the 'attempting' and then take a nap." She waggled her eyebrows and smirked, waiting to gauge his response. Kynleigh snaked her arms around her husbands neck and buried her face into his neck, planting light kisses along the way.

Elijah smiled and laughed, ”I mean, I’d look great pregnant, I’d ace that glow,” he touched his own stomach fondly but of course he knew that one child was likely more than enough for them, they did not need more than that. He didn’t think it wasn’t that they were not perfectly capable parents but it was a nice little family unit they had set up, a nice little rhythm, ”You want to tire out so I sleep better,” the man accused her lightly, accepting the kisses the she was giving to him, and easily wrapped his arms around her and leaning into the kisses, ”let go nap Kynleigh!” he said with a wide smile and an eagerness to his tone. He loved her and their relationship, it was so nice, so them and they’d been together for so long but he could not imagine it any other way than he had it. Matty was perfect, she was perfect, their life was perfect. He was no longer performing as much, and though that though years before might’ve really scared him, it no longer did at all. He liked what he did now, he enjoyed the work that he was doing. Everything about their life was completely perfect. He was a little terrified of how fast their son was growing up but as long as Kynleigh was at his side, it would all be just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back