Estrella's Home

"I won't have it!" Carlisle suddenly announced loudly, "If the ministry says she stays, then she stays! You've walked in here like a dutiful parent picking up a child from a long vacation, instead of a ten year stretch!" The muggle man had gained a bit of confidence in the whole time he had been silent, which was crushed by the glare of the wizard at the foot of the stairs.

"You are in no position to call the shots here, Carlisle," Tristan growled, his voice as lethal as poison.

"Actually, I believe it's my decision," Estrella piped up, "As I am the person in question." Standing still and staring down the two dumbstruck men, she continued with a gulp, "Liz and I will go pack."

Feeling horrible at Carlisle's saddened expression, Estrella walked up to him and hugged him. "Thank you for all you've done," she whispered, and she hoped to all things that he had seen the shadow of a wink passed his way.

Walking back up the stairs, Estrella tugged Liz's hand and said to both men, "We'll be just a moment." With that she dashed into her room with her friend, and said to her, "We're getting out of here, Liz." Hurriedly she began tossing all her school things into her trunk, leaving the unnecessary things sprawled all over the floor. She then tied her trunk to her Firebolt, which had been sitting at the window next to Liz's.

Believing that the girls were taking entirely too long, Tristan began to stride slowly up the stairs, determined to help them pack if they needed it. He halted, however, as the door was kicked open, and a muggle cop bellowed, "Freeze! Put your hands in the air!"

With a wicked smile Tristan raised his hands, along with the wand. "Put your weapon down!" the police officer screamed, backed up by another officer, but he had no time to enforce the command, as he was knocked off his feet and rendered unconscious by the wizard's Stunning Spell.

Grinning maliciously, Tristan cried with much gusto, "Stupefy!" and the other cop was rendered like his partner. Without another word he bounded up the stairs.

Having heard the commotion downstairs, Estrella was frantic as she helped maneuver Liz, broom and trunk out of the horribly squeezed window, and finally, Liz was hovering outside the house, waiting as Estrella did the same for herself.

She turned back in fright as her door was blasted open by magic, and stared at her father for a single moment, their eyes locking. Realizing what was happening, the wizard bolted to the window with a roar of anger, and he nearly caught Estrella, brushing the tail of her broom with his hand as he attempted to snatch it.
Estrella and Liz disappeared into the clouds, leaving the defeated man behind.

Tristan punched the wall in his fury, and regaining his composure, he returned downstairs to the kitchen, where Carlisle and his son were attempting to revive the officers. They did not speak to him, and he growled venemously, "I will know if my daughter ever returns here, and if you give her housing again. Just remember, I will not be so courteous next time." Upending the table with his hand, Tristan stepped lithely over the unconscious cop in the doorway, strolling back down the lane he had come and vanishing into the night.

Staring back at the wizard, Carlisle was relieved that none in his family had been harmed. How in the world am I going to explain this to the Law? he thought in confusion. Tell them that wizards exist? They'll think I'm a nutter. Looking up at the stairs, he just hoped to all things that Estrella and her friend would be okay. It was a giant world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back