Estrella is looking

"I do not yet know," Sophia said with a hint of sadness. "It has been left up to me. I do not want to ask my mother, since she is in hiding. Bruin invited me to stay with him. Not really sure if I should though."

Estrella felt a bit of sympathy for Sophia; although she had never really had parents to look up to and for care, Sophia had had hers her whole life, and that her whole world had suddenly been uprooted. It had to be a rude awakening.

"Well, I'd go with what your gut says best," Estrella offered. "Were there any other places that you could stay?"

"No, not that I can think of," she said softly. "I really do not know which parent would be better, because either of them could be lying. I am not sure though how it would go staying with Bruin. He is a half blood, which is fine and all, but I have never actually interacted with a muggle."

"Oh, they're fine," Estrella said, smiling. "Most of them are oddly fascinated by magic, even though some of them don't want to deal with it. Or believe it."

Estrella's face darkened. "I can not help you with the issue with your parents, however. I know it's your decision, but I wouldn't trust either of them. But I'm not going to tell you how to think."

"Well, they themselves taught me not to trust, so I suppose they deserve it. I know that no one can help me, but thank you for simply being here."

Estrella was stunned by Sophia's utterance, as both of them hadn't really been friends for over half of a year. "No problem," she said quietly, "I watch out for my friends. Even when I do manage to piss them off." She cracked a grin. "I have a feeling this summer isn't going to be as bad, for some reason. I don't know why."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back