Estrella Drage

Obliviator for MACUSA | HNZ 1st Graduating Class

OOC First Name
Amanda
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Widow
Having been in the Room of Requirement only once before, it took Estrella a while to find it, becoming frustrated as it didn't appear.

I need someplace where I can practice alone, she finally thought, concentrating fully on it, stopping in the corridor and calming herself down. She closed her eyes, and when she opened them again, an oak door appeared across the hallway. Striding happily to it, she opened it and slipped inside.

Dummies lay all over the room, obviously meant for wand practice. But that wasn't her full purpose. Ever since Stark Manor and blowing up the hallway, she had been curious about the odd power that she seemed to be possessing. She could blow up things when she became angry, just as Sophia could light things on fire. She wanted to get down to the bottom of things; she had been through books and hadn't found much of anything. It didn't make sense.

She turned around, and found that the dummies had been replaced with a row of lanterns. What the heck? She thought, and then realized that the room had changed to accomodate her needs.

There's no way of understanding anything if I don't mess around with it, Estrella told herself, and shut her eyes, attempting to be angry. Nothing happened, no shatters, not even a crack in the glass.

She knew that she had inherited it from her father, she had learned that much. But where did he get it? And why? She hadn't taken the time to ask, not that she had any.

She sat down on the floor, crossing her legs and rubbing her temples. How was this supposed to work? It had happened a few times for her, first with the pudding bowls in Malfoy Manor and then the Corridor in Stark Manor. But why couldn't she just turn it on and off?

Maybe she wasn't angry enough. Was that the key? Tentatively, she stood up, and thought for a moment, allowing her rage to accumulate. The things that made her angry boiled inside her, first, her mother's murder. The first lantern shuddered a little on its stand. She grinned; it was still there, and she could figure this out, even if it took her hours.

She was wary of her wand at her side, although she didn't need to use it for this. Was this a gift or a curse? She would have to find out.

She remembered her father's passive voice during the fight with her mother, in that odd dream that she had had, and all of a sudden, the lantern shattered, the glass not only breaking but the whole thing twisting into scrap metal, lying in a disfigured heap upon the floor.

She grinned; she was going to do this.

Having received a note from Estrella, Sophia had made her way up to the Seventh Floor from the Slytherin Common Room, her overstuffed bag slung over her left shoulder. With a sigh she paced the length of the hallway three times, thinking reluctantly to herself I need a place to practice.

As soon as the large oak door appeared Sophia put her hand to the knob and opened it. She stepped inside, closed the door, and stared at Estrella with an agitated look on her face. "What are you doing?" she asked curtly, not moving from her spot by the door.

"I'm practicing with this," Estrella replied plainly, exploding a lantern to her right, concentrating on what she was doing, "I figured if either of us is going to understand what the hell this power is, it wouldn't hurt to experiment around."

Sophia sighed with a roll of her eyes. "This is crazy, you do realize that." She had been trying to ignore this power, if you could call it that. The last thing she wanted was to have to put up with some special ability around here.

"Yeah, well," Estrella said with a grin, "I don't think I've ever really been truly sane." She destroyed another lantern with a laugh, although it was getting even more difficult; she wasn't as angry anymore.

The dummies in the room were made of cloth, and Estrella pointed to them. "Now, I don't know about you, but those things are screaming to be set on fire."

"Well they are simply going to have to keep screaming because I do not have any special power." Sophia crossed her arms over her chest and looked haughtily at Estrella before turning to leave.

"Your loss," Estrella said, "As for me, I'm going to find out what in the hell is going on." Focusing her anger on the fourth lantern, she shattered it into a million pieces, crushing the metal with force."

Sophia stopped with her hand on the doorknob, frowning. She had been running from what was happening, trying to pretend it was not there. But what summer closing in, Sophia knew she would have to face things sooner or later. Why not now?

With a sigh Sophia turned around and walked over to Estrella. She set down her bag and sat down on the floor beside her, her knees bent and tucked up beneath her. "So, how did you do that?"

"I just let myself get really angry," Estrella starting, "So basically, you have to focus on things that really make you mad, and focus it on something, like an object."

She shrugged her shoulders. "It's hard at first, but once you catch on, it's easy to get used to."

Sophia turned to look at one of the dummies lying on the floor. She began to think, about how much she did not know and how frustrated she was about what was going on. Not to mention how annoyed she was with a few certain students.

Letting her anger accumulate, Sophia stared at the dummy and imagined it on fire. Why is it not working? she thought angrily as the dummy lay there unaffected. Why is it this only works when I do not want it to? Sophia was glaring at the dummy as this thought came, and it seemed to be just what she needed. The dummy burst into flames, only soon to be extinguished by Sophia's surprise.

Estrella grinned. "See? It just takes a bit of concentration, and Pow!" The last old lantern standing shattered.

((Am I one of these certain students? :)) ))

((Maybe...))

Sophia smirked , loving the feeling if power that had surged through her. Allowed her anger to build up once more she concentrated on the dummy and it was consumed by flames once more. This time Sophia held her concentration, her smirk growing as she watched the flames with her glowing golden eyes. She relished in the feeling the fire gave her watched until the dummy was incinerated and nothing remained by ashes.

Estrella thought about how Carlisle had betrayed her, and anger welled inside her even with more force. He had signed her off to someone she did not know, someone who was probably lying to him.

All of a sudden, she lost control on the power, and it burst through her, the light overhead shattering into a thousand pieces. She covered her head with her arms to avoid the falling glass, yelling out to Sophia to watch out. The light was out, and now she depended on another one that was a few feet away.

She smirked. "Oops."

((Well, although I am fairly certain the Wizarding World does not use electricity, I will go with it.))

Sophia's eyes ceased to glow as she quickly put her hands over her head, trying to shield herself from the falling glass. Despite the warm weather she was still wearing long sleeves, which thus saved her arms from ant damage.

Putting her arms back to her side Sophia looked to Estrella with a quizzical expression. She gave a bit of a huff and turned away, focusing her energy on a nearby lantern that was not lit. With a bit of anger the lantern was lit in no time and Sophia turned with a smirk to another dummy, which burst into violent flames.

Sophia Stark said:
((Well, although I am fairly certain the Wizarding World does not use electricity, I will go with it.))

Sophia's eyes ceased to glow as she quickly put her hands over her head, trying to shield herself from the falling glass. Despite the warm weather she was still wearing long sleeves, which thus saved her arms from ant damage.

Putting her arms back to her side Sophia looked to Estrella with a quizzical expression. She gave a bit of a huff and turned away, focusing her energy on a nearby lantern that was not lit. With a bit of anger the lantern was lit in no time and Sophia turned with a smirk to another dummy, which burst into violent flames.
((no no no it's an overhanging gas lamp or something... :p ))

Estrella grinned. "You regret coming here now?"

Sophia's smirk faded and the glow left her eyes as she considered the question, causing the dummy to extinguish. "I am not so sure I like this, having power like this."

"Yeah, but we're stuck with it," Estrella said thoughtfully, "It's better that we're able to control a power that we don't like than having no control at all and something horrible happening."

Sophia frowned openly. "So why do you suppose both you and I have these odd powers?" One of them having something was strange, but for both of them to have it had to be beyond coincidence.

"Well, think about it," Estrella said, "It works by being angry; there's got to be something behind it. And I haven't found an explanation for being able to shatter things either, not in any book, anyways. My dad told me it was heriditary, but he didn't do much in the way of explaining."

"Apparently," Estrella explained, "When I tried to use it again at your house, he knew what I was doing. He stopped it completely, like he had cut it off. And then he told me what I could do wasn't just mine."

Sophia remained silent despite the large number of thoughts running through her head. Turning away from Estrella she looked to the dummy which she had most recently lit fire, noting its charred exterior and frowning a bit.

Estrella smiled weakly. "Well, if there was nothing that you wished to dispute, I'm going to head out. I think I have the hang of this." She waited to see if Sophia had anything to say.

Sophia turned to Estrella, wishing she would not leave. "Estrella," she began, trying to think of something to say. "Where are you staying this summer?"

Estrella smiled back, figuring that Sophia would have wanted her to leave. Delighted nonetheless, she stopped in her tracks.

"I'm going to stay at Kale Thomas'. He offered, and well," she grinned slightly, "We're dating now."

Her expression darkened a bit. "Apparently, Carlisle signed over my guardianship rights to someone who is supposedly my grandfather."

She became inquisitive, "Why? Where are you staying?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back