Entrance Hall

James Thompson

OOC First Name
David
Wand
Walnut Wand 14 1/2" Essence of Vampire Blood
James looked around at the small crowd of people in the entrance hall. So, this was his new school, and it was magical! He was very exited about it all, although it did mean he had to meet new people. He walked around the hall looking for fellow first years to converse with.

OOCOut of Character:
Yah, it's short I know. Deal with it.

This RP is basically to encourage socialization with the first years, so that they make friends and so on.

Rory was staring at the ceiling as he paced slowly through the entrance hall. This place was amazing, there was no doubt about that. Since he came from a muggle family, Rory could only have dreamed of a place as vast and interesting as Hogwarts, and he was starting to wonder what life at home with his dad would have been like now. He almost felt a stab of guilt. It wasn't that he didn't love his dad, he missed him terribly, only it just wouldn't have been the same now he knew about this dream school.
As he walked with his head up to the roof, he did not spot the fellow student before he walked into him - very slowly. His reaction was slightly more enthusiastic as he jumped back. "Sorry", he mumbled quickly as he had the chance to look at who he'd bumped into. Holding out a nervous hand, he shakily introduced himself. "Rory.. Are you Ok?"

OOCOut of Character:
Don't worry, I'm not in the mood to do a long RP either xD

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine. I'm James, by the way."

James smiled and wondered if this happened a lot at this new school, hopefully people aren't running into each other all the time. For all he knew that was a common greeting in the wizarding world. He hoped not. James extended a hand for Rory to shake, "Nice to meet you."

Rory's smile widened and he shook James' hand carefully. "Nice to meet you too," he replied casually, putting his hand back by his side before looking around again. "This place is amazing, huh?" Rory thought aloud, doing a full spin on the spot to take everything in. "I would never have imagined such a place existed a year ago!" This was the truth, but it was not only the fact this place was so vast and magical that Rory could not believe. It was also the fact nobody had teased him for actually wanting to learn. He'd only been at Hogwarts a day or two but had already been seen with his nose in a book in the evenings by the warmth of the Ravenclaw common room fire. Rory spotted James' robes and was fairly relieved to see he wasn't in Slytherin; he'd heard some bad stories about that house and didn't really want to get involved if he could help it. "Have you seen the gardens yet?" He half asked, half suggested.

"Nope. I haven't seen the majority of the grounds. I haven't had time to go exploring yet."

James loved exploring new places, but he really hadn't done it too much here yet. All he had seen was the common room and some of the areas around it. He had heard stories about secret passages and rooms that no one had been to in the school. He hoped they were true, because that would mean he would have plenty of exploring to do while in the castle.

He was really exited about getting the chance to go into the Forbidden Forest, but getting in trouble in the first week didn't seem wise.

"Are they nice?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back