Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Divorced
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Wand
Rosewood Wand 14 1/4" Essence Of Hair From The Mane Of A Unicorn
Violet ran as fast as she could from the Hufflepuff Common Room down to the Hospital Wing, worried about Emma. She really wasn't well. At least she's in good hands...she thought. Rhyspa and Arnold would get her down here safely - she had complete faith in them.
She pushed open the doors of the Hospital Wing, looking around for the nurse, and hoping that he would be able to do something for Emma to make her feel better.

Rhyspa walked briskly down to the hospital wing, Arnold by her side. When they reached the double doors, she ran up to them and opened it. She saw Violet standing around, looking for the nurse. Rhyspa saw a free bed and said to Arnold, "Lay her here."

Patrick came out of the office and noticed a few students on the ward.He walked towards them as they seemed to be putting one on a bed.

"What seems to be the matter then?" he asked.

Arnold walked fast as they headed to the hospital wing, Emma was still quite cold as she continue to shiver, Rhyspa open the door and placed Emma where Rhyspa had indicated, he put down Emma carefully then fix her blanket "You'll be alright" he whispered to her and stood beside Violet and Rhyspa as the nurse came.

Emma heard the footsteps of two people one which was carring her. She knew she was going to the Hospital wing and she was frightened to death. She hated to go to the hospital ever since the one time she had to go due to passing out in school. The doctors hooked her up to so many machines and so many needles. Emma's heart started pounding faster with the thoughts. She still did not open her eyes.

Emma was carefully placed down on a bed. She was covered up but she was shivering like crazy. She was so cold so tired and so very scared. Emma really didn't want to speak. When she heard who she thought was the nurse come over and ask what happened, Emma remained silent. This all seemed so silly. She was doing this to herself. If only her mind would have let her sleep or function without thinking about all the family problems she would be doing homework in the common room instead of laying in a hospital bed.

Emma hoped that someone else would speak up because she really didn't feel like explaining all this to a complete stranger.

Rhyspa looked over to the nurse, suprised to find he was male. She gestured at Emma's frail form on the bed and said, "I found her in the common room; she collapsed."

Patrick looked at the girl lying on the bed, she looked pale and very thin. Almost too thin.
He looked back at the others and smiled at them.
"Thank you for bringing her here. What's her name and her house?" he asked them as he went over to examine her.

"Her name's Emma Shorts, she's a first year in Hufflepuff," Violet piped up. She had been standing there, a little stunned and overwhelmed - and very worried for her friend. "Is she going to be okay?" she asked, timidly.

"Well, I'm not altogether sure what is wrong with her just yet", he replied. He took out his wand and did a minor healing charm on the girl which coupled with his healing wand would take care of any minor damage for now. Patrick couldn't be sure of anything else until he had talked with her.

"Ms Shorts, can you hear me?" he asked her gently.

Emma heard everyone that was in the common room now surrounding her. She heard Violet's voice which calmed her down slightly. Emma and Violet didn't really know eachother extremely well but they shared dorm and Emma considered her a friend. Emma heard the nurse ask if she could hear him. "Yes" Emma said in a very quiet whisper. She was barely audible at all now. She didn't exactly know how to explain this all. She didn't understand it herself. How could worring so much cause this many problems? She didn't understand.

"Alright Ms. Shorts I'm going to use a reviving charm on you" he told the girl as he took his wand out of his robes and silently said the incantation.

He waited for her to come around properly, the charm which was usually used to revive someone from being stupefied would also help to waken the girl properly so she could tell him what was wrong with her.

Emma listened as the nurse told Emma he was going to use a spell on her. She thought the reviving charm was to revive someone but Emma was neither stunned not passed out. She wished she was. I can collapse and cause all this trouble but I can't pass out I'm worthless at least passing out I would be asleep Emma thought angerly at herself. Emma just was never good enough anymore.

Emma heard the charm and she felt a strange, well she didn't know how to explain it maybe, a tickle. She felt a little stronger not up to her normal standards, yet she could barely remember those. Yet she was strong enough to turn over to face the many faces surrounding her. She opened her eyes for the first time in what felt like hours. She felt more awake. This feeling was new to her and she prayed that it would last.

Emma wished that she hadn't opened her eyes. She hated to see all these people surrounding her, Rhyspa, Voilet, Arnold, they were all there. Emma looked up at the nurse seeing his face for the first time. She didn't know what to say. She didn't know how to explain. She felt awful for all this and blamed only herself afterall her parents always blamed her for everything. She was the reason the family was falling apart. In a way Emma believed she deserved all this.

Patrick smiled as the girl came around.
He turned then to the others, "I'm going to ask you all to leave now, you may come back to see her later if you wish. But for now I need to do my job"
He smiled kindly at them as he directed them with his hand to the door.

"Thanks, Mr. O'Brien. Emma, I hope you feel better soon," Violet said kindly, as she took her leave of the Hospital Wing with the others.

Patrick smiled kindly at the girl as she took her leave, he had seen her accompany quite a few cases up here to the hospital wing and always seemed to have her wits about her. Admirable quality if she wanted to be a nurse or doctor later.

He turned back to his patient and sighed. He called for a stool to come to him and as soon as one did, he sat down beside her.

"I need you to tell me everything Ms. Shorts. Why did you collapse? Is it your first time?" he spoke kindly to her and waited patiently.

Emma smiled slightly as the others left. She was in a way glad that they had cared enough about her to take her to the hospital in the first place but she was also glad to be alone. She was still a bit embarrased about his whole thing. Then when the nurse sat down on a stool beside her Emma became nervous. She didn't know what to say.

She heard him ask her a few questions. She felt odd taking to him when he was sitting and she was laying down but she couldn't find the strength to sit up. "Well" Emma began answering his second question first. "This is not the first time" She said briefly thoughts of the last time flooding in her head making her more nervous. "I passed out once back in muggle school" Emma said her voice growing quieter. She was ashamed of this happening. In her mind she was weak for not being able to prevent herself from falling over.

"I don't know what happened this time" Emma said slowly choosing her words carefully. "I guess I was just tired and stress" she said "Exams are coming up" she said justifying her remarks. Emma was tired and a bit stressed from not only exams but her family problems. She was baring more burdens then anyone could imagine. "I was just so over worked I guess I wasn't taking good enough care I will be fine No big deal" she said trying to create a false smile that turned out to be a very weak attempt. "I'm sorry about this all" she said I should have been stronger. This wouldn't have happened if I was stronger She thought not saying anything more wanting to see what the nurse said.

Patrick listened to her carefully, he nodded and thought about what she had said.
"Well stress and tiredness could lead anyone to collapse but just incase there are any underlying factors we'll have to keep you in to make sure" he said standing up.

Emma listened to the nurse but when he said she would have to stay here she became very worried. "Wait" She said as he stood up. Emma tried to prop herself up but failed at the attempt. She just had to lay there. "I can't stay the night I just can't" She said not wanting to say that she had fear of hospitals. She could barely sleep in the comfortable common room. How was she suppose to sleep in the scary cold hospital.

Patrick turned and smiled kindly at the small girl, he patted her hand and told her it would be fine. He walked to the medicine cabinet and removed the draught of peace potion.

Walking to the large table with it, he poured a small dose into a clean vial. This he brought to her and handed it to her.

"Drink this back it will help you sleep peacefully tonight and in the morning you will have enough strength so we can figure this out together. Alright?" he smiled at her. He stood and waited for her to drink back the potion.

Emma looked at the drink. She took a deep breath and shallowed all of it. She didn't exactly like the taste of the feeling of it slipping down her throat. Emma winced at the thought of what was in it not wanting to know. Emma looked up at the nurse. She was feeling a bit tired now. That was nothing new Emma was always tired now but for some reason she thought like she could fall asleep. That feeling she wasn't used to at all.

"Thanks" She said softly as she drifted into sleep.

Patrick smiled as the young girl drifted off into sleep. He hoped this actual rest could help her some bit. He pulled the blankets up around her and walked from the hospital wing to his office. He pointed his wand at the light switch and it flicked off.
"Goodnight Ms. Shorts" he whispered to her, then left his office door open and sat down at his desk to do some paperwork. He set his timepiece so that he could wake her in the morning.

[[lol you could have posted that you were sleeping and turned over to go to sleep lol]]

Patrick walked back into the hospital wing early the next morning. He opened the curtains with his wand and walked to Ms. Shorts bed.
"Goodmorning" he smiled, "How are you feeling this morning?"

The long rest with absolute proper sleep should have helped considerably, Patrick waited to see what Ms. Shorts would say.

Emma heard a voice telling her good morning "Five more minutes Ana" She said still not totally with it. Emma rolled over and looked up at the cerling before realizing that she was not at home at all. She was in the hospital and Ana-Cole was not waking her up it was the nurse. Emma began to remember the past day's events, collapsing in the common, some Hufflepuffs bringing her in here.

Emma looked up at the nurse wondering where the time had gone. Did she actually get a full nights sleep. "Good Morning" Emma said wiping the sleepies from her eyes. "I haven't slept that good in ages" She said. Emma felt considerable better physically. Emotionally she was still a wreck thinking about finals, school work, her family and somehow her lack of perfectionism was all her fault.

Emma did not want to bother the nurse with what Emma found as pity problems. She smiled up at him. "I'm feeling much better." She said sitting up slightly just enough to prop herself up. "I'm sorry to be such a bother. It really was all my fault that I wasted you valuable time" Emma said It is always my fault Emma thought as she kept that smile plastered on her face.

Patrick smiled at her, delighted to see the change that a decent nights sleep had on her. He flicked his wand and summoned a stool. Pulling it over by her bedside he sat down near her.
"Ms. Shorts it is my job to be here for you if you need me. Whether it is pyshical or emotional, you are not now or will ever be wasting my time. I'm just sorry I couldn't have just given you a decent nights sleep twice in a row" he said kindly, "Is there any reason you are having trouble sleeping?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back