Elizabeth's 12th Birthday!

Elizabeth Burrows

Wand
12 1/2" Cherry Wand with Essence of Wood Rose
Elizabeth swung her legs and grinned in anticipation. Circling her gaze around the room every few seconds, she wondered where the owl was.

Today was her 12th birthday.

Only one year until she was a teen. Elizabeth liked feeling older, and felt as though perhaps she was growing into her maturity a bit. Suddenly, a puff of white feathers landed with a smack onto the table before her. Elizabeth desperately hoped no one would stare. Ebony the snowy owl slowly regained her footing, and looked at Elizabeth expectantly with large, dark eyes.

Naming a snowy owl Ebony was an oxymoron, and Ebony fit the description. The moron part, anyway. She began preening her feathers as Elizabeth untied the bundle from her leg, and carefully opened the sparkly wrapping paper. Inside was presents from each of her family members. Her brother Kyle had gotten her a framed picture of his rat Alfred (why, she had no idea), and made her a card with jokes only an eight year old would find even remotely funny. Elizabeth's mom had gotten her a book of popular magical bands throughout the decades, a pair of purple, mirror-like earrings that whispered fashion tips into your ears, and a generic, "Happy birthday, love Mom" card. She opened the last package and found a plain brown journal from her father, with her name engraved on the cover. Thought you might need a break from all the magic stuff, he had written on the inside cover. Also included was a muggle fountain pen.

She smiled thoughtfully, stacked her gifts beside her and sent Ebony on her way.

((hope you dont mind me joining ^_^ ))

Jaz looked for a place to sit at the Gryffindor table. She twisted her hair round her hand while looking. She spotted a seat beside a girl which blonde curly hair, who she hadn't met yet. She shyly went over and sat down beside her. The girl glanced up from her mail. Jaz caught a glimspe of a birthday card. She decided it was time for her to speak, she turned towards the girl

"Hi, I'm Jasmine, you can call me Jaz" she said in her quiet voice, then added "Is it your birthday today? Happy Birthday!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back