Kara Munn

Future Potioneer in Blue 💙🦅
OOC First Name
Harleigh
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Coming home for the holiday break had been more of a relief than Kara thought. She woke up mid-morning and stretched her arms before getting out of bed. Daniel was spending the holidays with her and her family and she wondered if he was awake yet. Changing out of her pajamas and into a t-shirt and shorts, Kara left her bedroom and made her way downstairs. The guest bedroom door was shut, so she assumed Daniel might not be awake yet. The smell of bacon filled her nose as she rounded the corner into the kitchen. Her mom stood at the stove and Kara peaked around to see what was for breakfast.

The breakfast consisted of scrambled eggs, roasted tomato slices, bacon, and baked beans. Kara wasn't a fan of beans but knew her mom would make her eat a few bites anyway. A perk of being at Hogwarts was that she didn't have to be told what to eat. She often made healthy choices on her own. Sammy was sitting at the breakfast nook table and Kara stuck her tongue out at him. "Did you even miss me?" She asked him. He stuck his tongue out at her to return the favor before returning to his handheld game. Kara rolled her eyes, he was annoying but she did have to admit she missed him.

Kara asked her mom if there was anything she could help with and her mom replied asking her to set the table. She began to get out the plates and utensils to start setting the table. A fresh, hot pot of tea was on and Kara smelled all the delicious smells. She was a fan of different aromas; especially teas and coffee.

Daniel was super excited about spending the holidays with Kara. He wondered what it must be like, living in a magical family. He woke up, hoping that he wasn't first up, and got changed. He had been taught from a young age never to go to breakfast in his pajamas. When he opened the door, he could smell bacon and roast tomato. He took a deep breath and made his way downstairs.

"Good morning! It smells wonderful down here." He grinned, looking around the room. It was a lot nicer than his house, but it was still nice and comforting."Do you need any help, Kara?" he asked, wanting to be of use. He wasn't keen on standing around and doing nothing.

Kara smiled when she saw Daniel enter the room. "Good morning!" She was still in the process of laying out the utensils. "I haven't grabbed everyone's drinks yet if you want to help me get those back to the table." Finishing placing the last knife, she made her way back to the counter to the fresh tea. "Mum and I drink tea, dad usually brings his own coffee cup to the table. Sammy likes orange juice. Do you know what you want to drink?" Kara placed to mugs of hot tea on a tray with sugar and milk. She then carefully poured the orange juice from a pitcher into a glass for Sammy. "I've got the tray if you don't mind grabbing Sammy's glass and then whatever you want."

Daniel grinned."Sure, I can help with that!" He followed Kara to the counter."I'm happy with tea, I can carry my mug too, if you'd like." He picked up Sammy's glass and carried it to him."Here you go!" he said, placing it in front of him. He made sure Kara was going okay carrying the tray over and sat down. He was pleased to have been invited to spend the holidays with Kara and her family. He hoped that he'd be able to invite her over to his house for a couple of day during the next holidays, but he hadn't asked his parents yet.

Kara added another mug to the tray. "No worries, I got it." She said as she carefully carried the tray to the table and set it down. After looking over the table to make sure everything was set right, she took a seat at the table. Kara began to make her tea and she passed Daniel his mug. "I'm not sure how you like your tea." She felt silly for not remembering.

Kara's parents entered the dining area carrying the freshly cooked foods. Her nostrils flared to take in the savory aromas. Taking turns, each dish got passed around the table for everyone to add to their plate. Kara's mother made sure to tell Daniel to take as much as he liked. "Do you like beans?" She asked Daniel, taking a scoopful of beans before passing it to him.

Daniel thanked Kara for the mug."That's okay," he said. He made his own tea, white with no sugar, and took a sip. Perfect. He took a deep breath when the food was brought in. The room smelt amazing. He thanked Kara's parents for the food and waited for his turn."We rarely have beans at home, so I always forget! But yes, I like beans." He loved being able to eat whatever at school, especially when the food was normal holiday food he had at home.

Kara was glad her friend seemed to be enjoying breakfast and that he got to stay with them for the holidays. She happily munched on her breakfast while chatting with the family and Daniel. “We don’t have beans everyday, but we’ve eaten them more since living in New Zealand oddly.” She wondered what people ate for breakfast in other parts of the world. “What do you usually have for a big breakfast back home?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back