Eeny Meeny Miny Moe

Ivy Zhefarovich

Wand
Sequoia Wand 13 1/2" Essence of Unicorn Hair
Ivy was crushed. Over the past couple of years, New Zealand had become something like a home to her. Mostly thanks to Axel and Benjamen Zhefarovich. Those two boys were like a juicy piece of pie to Ivy. One was the warm flaky crust and the other was the ooey gooey middle. Together they created this wonderful feeling that Ivy knew she was going to miss. They had both grown on her to a degree where she was almost unsure if she could let them go or not, particularly Axel. He was her best friend, and her partner in crime. Who else would feed her when she was having a bad day? Or watch cartoons with her while complaining on how ridiculous muggle TV shows were? Ivy didn't want to leave them behind, but right now she had no other choice. Ivy had recently gotten word of her grandmother being very ill. The lady might have been bat-sh*t crazy and an awful human being in general, but Ivy felt like she owed the old woman something. After her parents and brother died, Ivy's grandmother had taken her in and raised her. Plus she was the only family that Ivy had left in the world. What kind of person would Ivy be if she just left her alone to die? Ivy needed to return home to the states so she could take care of her grandmother. Going back home to the States meant that she wasn't going to be able to remain here in New Zealand. It broke Ivy's heart into little pieces just thinking about leaving her new found home. It also meant that she needed to break the news to Axel and Benji. What would they think about her leaving and possibly never seeing them again? Ivy couldn't really visit them while taking care of her grandmother and being thousands of miles away could she?

"Axel?" Ivy knocked a couple of times before she stepped inside, he usually didn't mind if she came right in, but she still made sure to knock just in case. Instantly she found him in the living room, and rushed to him. It was almost as if she were a small child begging to be comforted by his or her parents. The five foot two female wrapped her arms around Axel in one of the most bedraggled hugs she had ever given anyone. "I really need to talk to you-it's important." Ivy muttered into his chest, trying to remain composed. How on earth could she tell him that she needed to go? That they might not see one another again? Ivy released him and took a couple of steps away from him. "My grandma is sick. She's the only family I have left....I've decided that I need to go. I need to go back home and take care of her. So....I came by today to say goodbye." Ivy's lip quivered. Axel actually looked more confused anything. Either that or he was upset. "I need to go back to New Orleans. I can't live in New Zealand anymore....which probably means....well you know." Ivy bit her lip. Hoping that that this explained everything that he needed to know. Was he going to be mad or did he understand that she needed to take care of the only family she had left? It was the Zhefarovich's that taught her that she needed to celebrate family to begin with. It grew very quiet within the room as Ivy waited to see what Axel was going to do or say about the whole situation.

Axel Zhefarovich was somewhat relieved to have the house to himself for now. As of right now, he was in his office, and he was writing down some letters concerning the family. On his mind, was not the family, but the one woman he did appreciate in the world now. Trouble was, Benjamen. His brother really liked Ivy too, and that was not going to fly with Axel. He had since let go of Greylin, and wanted to have more things to do with Ivy, but there were times when Benjamen got in the way, heavily. It was really annoying to Axel and he did not to have to deal with Benjamen while trying to get with Ivy. One day though he was going to have her in his grasps. Then he would gloat as much as he could in front of his brother saying that he got the girl, and Benjamen did not. Benjamen was lusting over Viviana anyway, why can't Axel have Ivy? Benjamen could not have the cake and eat it too. It would not be fair. Plus Benjamen did not like blondes as much as he did. So he did not know why Benjamen was even trying right now. It was aggravating to Axel. He sighed and finished his work there before he sent them off with several owls and eagles. Axel used to tame eagles and he had a few himself that did just as he wanted. Out the window they went and Axel closed his book as he leaned back in his chair. The children were out with a family member and he took in the silence. However he heard a few knocks on his front door which made him retrieve a black tee shirt, and he walked out of the office. He went toward the door and he met Ivy into the living room. He shrugged and sat down instead.

He was somewhat surprised when she rushed to him, and saw that she was distressed. So alas, he stood up and then even more surprised when she hugged him. He looked down as her face was practically buried into his chest and he did not know what was going on or what he should do. So he simply placed his hands upon her shoulders and waited. It was rather nice that she came here to seek out comfort instead of trying to find Benjamen. There was no telling where that lunatic was at. She said that she needed to talk to him, and how it was important. "Sure thing, Ivy." Axel's response was short, but it was soft and to the point. She released him and took a few steps from him, and then went on to explain what was so important. Her grandmother is sick, and that she needed to go. Go? Well, she could care for her and come right back right? She was saying goodbye, permanently? Axel was completely confused, but he was not going to have her just leave him. Not when he was close to winning her over. "I understand, your grandmother is sick, but I don't think that it is time to say goodbye. I won't allow that." Axel did not know much of New Orleans, but it was an American city. Surely it could not be that hard to blend in, even for his stature. Axel shook his head and he stated firmly, "I'm going to go with you. So that I can learn where you live, and your coming here was just to tell me that you needed to travel back to take care of the woman, and to show me where you will be living for now."

Ivy bit her lip to keep from wanting to cry. She hated it when Axel sounded unhappy with her. He must not have understood why she was saying goodbye. Perhaps she ought to explain herself. "I'm only saying goodbye because I don't know how long I'll be there. I plan to stay until she's healthy or she passes away. If I'm down there a long time and unable to visit, we'll go on with our lives and eventually we won't even remember each other. I just feel like this could be the last time you and I are really going to be around one another. I had to say goodbye just in case." Ivy explained as she casually moved away from Axel. He had become one of the best friends she had ever had. Ivy loved hanging out with him. He could always make her laugh, and he knew the best way to her heart. By cooking her a nice big plate of food. What would she do without him around to make sure that she was fed and entertained? Ivy wanted to cry just thinking about it. Ivy couldn't help but wrap her arms around Axel again, like a small child whom refused to leave her father's side. Ivy knew that once she went away, being able to hug Axel would be one of the things she missed even more. He was so cuddly. "I need to find Benji so I can say goodbye to him too." Ivy released her best friend once more and reminded herself that she needed to find some time to say goodbye to Benji. She had gone to Axel first, because she knew that it would likely be him that she missed the most once she was gone. He was like her other half, only much taller and able to cook far better than she could.

Apparently Axel didn't want her to leave. He even went as far as to suggest that he was going to come with her to New Orleans. Ivy almost smiled at the thought. "No silly, you can't come with me." Axel would hate it there. This was why Ivy didn't suggest him coming to visit her in the first place. "My grandmother lives in a muggle community, there's muggles everywhere. You'd hate it there. I know you would." Ivy knew that Axel really dislike muggles and those sorts of people, so he really wouldn't like to be in New Orleans with Ivy, even if they were best friends. She would never make him do something he wasn't comfortable with. Ivy used her hands to pull his face closer to hers so she could give him a small kiss on the nose, even if she was pretty sure that he hated it when she did that. "I should go." The longer she stayed here, the harder it would become for her to leave. Ivy's fingers left Axel's flesh and fell to her sides as she took a couple of steps back. Ivy didn't want to let Axel go, but she knew that they were going to grow apart because she didn't want him to be stuck in a place where he would be unhappy. If she had more time she might have been able to give him a 'proper' goodbye. One that they could both appreciate, but she knew it would only make it that much harder for her to leave him. Hopefully it wouldn't be as harsh when she had to say goodbye to the others. This was already killing her inside.

Axel narrowed his eyes when he noticed that she was started to seem like she was about to cry. If she was going to take care of her grandma, then it wouldn't take long. Old people seemed to die anyway. If he pointed that out, then she would probably not speak to him again. She had no idea how long she would be there, and she thought that they could just go on with their lives? He did not think so. One could tell that he was getting angrier, almost going to the darkest of places in his mind before he fought it. She would be scared if he had went there. "You are hilarious but that is not going to happen. You don't say goodbye to a Zhefarovich unless... Well, let's not go there. Regardless, I do not see this happening, and I doubt that I will let you walk away that easily." A smirk crossed his lips, letting her know that he was completely serious with what he was saying. He would not let her walk out of his life so easily. Though that meant saying goodbye to Benjamen and he did not mind that at all. She stated that she needed to find Benji and he snorted a bit at the thought of that. She was just out of luck on that one. He was at the Manor, and she had no access to it, so that meant that she was not going to be able to find him. "Tough, he is in Bulgaria right now, at the Manor. The one that you don't have access to." Axel's voice was not the nicest there, but it was almost cocky, like he was proud that she could not reach his brother. Well, he was proud, unlike any other person in this sort of situation. He barely acknowledged any affection that she was giving him.

She said that she could not come with him, and he immediately thought, 'Now that is a challenge that I cannot pass up.' She went on to explain why he could not go, and it was because it was in a muggle community, and that he would hate it there. She knew that he would. Well, she knew him much too well, but was he willing to get over that? He actually was. "You know, Ivy, this is all sounding more like a challenge than anything else. And I don't back down from challenges." Axel knew that Ivy knew this as well, and she then gave him a kiss on the nose. He absolutely hated it when she did that since he saw no point or pleasure in getting kissed on the nose. She said that she should go, and then she was no longer touching his flesh. He narrowed his eyes even more, and figured that he knew the next step. He knew that she would not be able to stop him. He withdrew out his wand and he waved it. Within moments, a suitcase came flying down the stairs and landed at his feet. He bent down and lifted it into the air with his hand. He looked over at Ivy and he smirked. "New Orleans, was it? Well, maybe I will take a vacation there. Kamaria can watch over everything while I am gone. See you there, Ivy. I am going to America." She would probably follow right after him, as he was gone within a moment. He ended up finally arriving to none other than the actual city, in an alley and immediately smelling the muggles from there.

Ivy was left standing alone in the living room, with her mouth open wide. Did Axel seriously just do what she thought he just did? He must have since he was no longer standing in front of her. He seriously just apparated off to New Orleans when she told him to stay here. Ivy scowled. "What a pain in the ass!" Ivy quickly apparated off herself, knowing the exact place he would go to. It was the only place she had shown him a picture of. He was in for it once she got there too. Ivy apparated right next to Axel, and immediately slugged his arm for not listening to her. "Axel Lastor Zhefarovich! Do you ever listen? That wasn't at all a challenge! How the hell did you get a challenge from that?!" Ivy rarely ever lectured him, so he probably got the idea that she was pretty annoyed with him right now. Mostly because she didn't know how Axel would deal with being around so many muggles. Mardi Gras was right around the corner for the city of New Orleans so this place would be packed. Axel came from a family that barely tolerated muggles enough as it was, how could she be sure that he was going to behave himself enough now? A few people passing by the alley, threw some odd looks at Ivy and Axel, and Ivy suddenly remembered that Axel's tall height and accent might set it off that he wasn't from around here. "I might as well take you to my grandma's, come on." Ivy nudged Axel and motioned for him to follow her. Grandma Kingston's house was pretty close to the area they were at now, so it shouldn't be too long of a walk. The entire way over to the house though, Ivy constantly had to monitor Axel though, he seemed to be attracting the eyes of many females he passed by. Usually, Ivy would be all for him having a nice time. But not in a place like this, and not when she was mad at him either.

The moment Ivy's grandmother answered the door, Ivy instantly regretted bringing Axel home with her. "Ivy Dakota Kingston, why didn't you write me and tell me that you had a boyfriend? My he sure is handsome, and so tall!" Ivy flushed. This was why she didn't bring boys home. "Grandma he's not my boyfriend!" Ivy interjected just as quickly as her grandma threw out the accusation. Ivy was pretty sure that she didn't have feelings for Axel like that. Even if they were friends with benefits and whatnot. Ivy entered the living room and stood beside Axel. Whom was seriously a good foot or two taller than she was. "Then who is he?" Ivy didn't like the look her grandmother was giving her, it was as if she didn't believe Ivy. Ivy kind of wondered what she would think if she knew that Ivy had been with both Axel and his twin brother though. "He's pretty much my best friend. His name is Axel. He uh...really wanted to see New Orleans! Hope you don't mind if he stays over!" Ivy kind of lied when it came to explaining why he was here. "Of course not! Will he be staying in the guest bedroom or with you?" Ivy rolled her eyes. Her grandmother fell into a brief yet severe coughing fit by that point and tension filled the room. So she really was sick. Because of this Ivy decided not to answer her grandmother's question, and instead headed into the kitchen to make her grandmother some tea. Ivy felt like the old woman should be more concerned about her health rather than whether or not Ivy was with this guy or not. Ivy didn't want to ruin her friendship with Axel by exposing him to her horrible dating habits.

Axel was rather proud of himself, having give Ivy the slip. He never liked it when someone told him what to do. After all, he was a Zhefarovich for a reason. He waited for Ivy to come along as she knew where he would normally apparate to. There was the little fact that she would not get to say her goodbye to Benjamen too, since she would be chasing after him. He heard a pop and then felt her slug him on the arm. He looked down at her and he was about to give out the comment if a mosquito bit him, but she called him by his complete name, asking if he ever listened and how he got a challenge from that. He shrugged, "No one tells me what to do. Simple as that. You said I couldn't come, and I did. Challenge accomplished." She was annoyed, and he got that, but Axel really did not care. He simply wanted to continue with his rather unique relationship with Ivy. He looked over at the others and could see them giving him and Ivy some looks. He had half a mind to tell them where they could stick those eyes until she told him that she might as well take him over to her grandmother's house. He just hoped that the walk itself was not too long at all. He did not want to be here for too long. If need be, the grandmother could be healed or dead quite easily, depending on what shape she was in.

The walk was not long, and when Axel looked down at the older woman and then the woman called Axel her granddaughter's boyfriend. And then she called him handsome. Axel liked this woman already. Ivy claimed that Axel was not her boyfriend and he snorted, "Don't be modest, Ivy, we might as well be." He nudged her though he was half serious in what he was saying anyway. Axel shrugged his shoulders before Ivy really explained who he was, which was a best friend, and then she sort of lied about why he was here. Yeah he was definitely not here to see New Orleans. He simply could not let Ivy go that easily. The grandmother asked if he would be staying in the guest bedroom or with Ivy, but then she went into a very severe coughing fit that made him somewhat worry over her health. There was something really wrong, and Axel chose Ivy's way out and did not answer. He stood around in the living room and wondered what he could do. "Is there anything you need, Mrs. Kingston? I'd be honored to assist you with anything you need."

</COLOR>
The Next Day.....

Ivy was still sort of mad at Axel for ignoring what she asked of him. But at the same time, they had made their amends last night after Ivy's grandmother had fallen asleep. Apparently he really didn't want her to go without him, and that was why he didn't take no for an answer. Ivy's grandmother took a liking to him though, so it could have been worse. For most of the night all she did was ask him questions, or ask if he'd be willing to fluff her pillows for her. It would seem as if she just liked to look at him as much as possible, and thanks to him not listening, Ivy felt like he deserved it. But for now, the old woman was asleep in bed, and Ivy decided to take Axel out for the day. It was a best friend bonding day, and Ivy had some great ideas in mind. <COLOR color="#CC0066">"I know you were a bit....distracted last night when you agreed to this, but I'm pretty sure you're going to love the Aquarium." Ivy was pretty sure that Wizards didn't have things like Aquarium's. Axel still didn't seem too happy still, but she had told him last night that as a punishment, he had to spend the day out on the town with her. There were a lot of things she had planned, so the Aquarium was honestly only the beginning for them. But it wasn't like she was about to tell Axel that.

"You know, I doubt that your family will let you stay here for too long though. I plan to stay with my grandmother until she's well enough to care for herself...so it could be awhile. I'm glad you're here now, though. I would have gotten lonely." Ivy told Axel, explaining to him that she wasn't sure how long he could stay here with her. But her serious nature couldn't last long, because before she knew it she was grinning like a hyena again. Ivy paused when she swore that she was suddenly seeing double. A familiar figure was now standing it front of Ivy and Axel, and Ivy just about lost it. "BENJI!" Ivy left Axel's side and jumped hugged Benjamen with a mighty leap. Ivy didn't have the chance to say goodbye to him yesterday, so she was ecstatic to see him now. Ivy had both of her boys here with her now, and she was overcome with excitement. Though Benjamen and ivy got off to weird start, they had become pretty close over the past couple of months. In fact, Ivy could barely tell who the better cuddle buddy was, Axel or Benjamen.

Despite knowing that Ivy was still mad at him, it was not like he cared that much about it. Axel still got his fun time afterward, in her own grandmother's house. Axel sure enjoyed that, but he was not really looking forward to today either. There was only so much he could handle, and what he was having to go through was just horrible. The grandmother was in bed, and Ivy was taking him out that day. He was not entirely sure what an aquarium was, but somehow he was tricked or something when he had agreed to it. Ivy wanted a best friend day, and she was dragging him to this really weird place. "So you used a weakness of most men to do what you wanted. I don't know why I would love this place but whatever." Axel looked over at the blonde woman, and he looked around the area. There were so many people. He was not too sure how much longer he could dodge his family members and stay here. So far, he was sure that Benjamen knew where he was, and to watch the family, with some of the other people. Ivy was still going to be owing him for all of this.

At least she admitted that she was glad that he was here, and how his family would let him stay there for too long. He shrugged those shoulders and said, "Kalif can take care of things. So can other members. It doesn't have to be just me." He knew that it could not just be just him. He needed to make sure that everything was good, and as they were going toward the place, Axel stopped dead in his tracks. It couldn't be... Benjamen? What the hell was he doing here? Ivy left his side and then hugged Benjamen, which he looked to the other direction. He still could not believe this. He was getting some time alone with Ivy and his brother had to come along and ruin it. Axel had half of a mind to leave right then and there. This whole triangle thing was getting on his nerves, and he cast his glare over to his twin brother, as his twin knew exactly how he felt, but his brother did not seem to care. That just made him wonder about Ivy. If she was stringing them along on purpose... Axel knew that he would not be able to control his anger.

It never took Benjamen Zhefarovich long to get in contact with his twin, and that normally took a few letters. Once he found out the exact location, he knew what he would have to do. Benjamen got the exact location from Kamaria, who was always nosy about certain places and where her dad was. He could not have asked for a better niece, even though he claimed that they were all his favorites when they reached past a certain age. Benjamen made sure that he was dressed in some normal muggle clothing. He thought that since he was going over to the United States, in New Orleans, he would need to blend in. Tugging on his black shirt and jeans, he apparated off to the place. It was some fish area, but he was not entirely sure. He was just fine though, he was getting to see Ivy. He made sure that when he arrived, it was in a dark area. He emerged and his eyes landed on Axel and Ivy. They looked so sweet, but then there was something else. He knew that Ivy would be happy to see him and as soon as she leaped into his arms, he gave her a hug right back, but his eyes were on his brother. Axel was getting pissed, but he should not be. Ivy was unaware that both of the brothers liked her. She was a little dense. "Hey, Ivy. Thought I would find my brother here, but can't help but find it a treat that I run into you too."

The way Axel said it, made it sound bad. Sure she chose a moment when he was distracted to ask him, but if he really didn't want to go that badly, he easily could have decided not to go today. "Yeah, sort of. But in my defense, you're still agreeing to come. So it's not like you haven't been given the option to run. Just trust me, the Aquarium is amazing." However, Ivy began to wonder if she and Axel would ever reach their destination now that Benjamen was here. As Ivy released him, she heard that he was indeed looking for his brother. Was he going to make Axel go all the way back to Bulgaria to be with his family? Ivy just knew the fun wasn't going to last forever and frowned at Benjamen. "Awh, are you going to take my buddy away! I was hoping to have him all to myself for awhile." Ivy crossed her arms over her chest and continued to stare at the man who had seemingly come to ruin her fun. There was no way that she was going to let him take away Axel so soon. A day ago, Ivy was ready to let Axel go so he didn't have to worry about hr. But now that he made it clear that he was sticking around, she didn't want to give him up.

Ivy headed back to Axel's side and stared at him questioningly. "What's wrong?" He looked so mad. Maybe it was because of Benjamen, and him having to go home or something. Ivy knew that getting him busy and distracted would fix his mood. Ivy wrapped her skinny fingers around the toned part of his forearm and stared up at him. "Come on, let's finish our date handsome!" It wasn't really a date. Axel didn't seem like he was into the idea of a commitment just yet, so that's why their whole friends with benefits thing worked out so beautifully But Ivy felt like joking around would cheer him up. As she began ti get Axel to come with her, she turned around to look at Axel's twin. "You're going to have to wait before I let you take him back, so you might as well come along until then." Benjamen should know that she was completely serious about this too. Axel and Ivy had a day to finish out, and she could care less if that Asparuh man himself came, Axel was staying with her until the day was over with.

1. Axel looked over at Ivy and wondered if she did that on purpose. He had not been given the option to run, but well, he always could. He could turn and run but he was pretty sure that if he did, he might not see Ivy again. He needed to be able to see her because he really appreciated her company. Axel let out a sigh and he started to think about it. He could just turn away but if he did, then Benjamen would end up seeing Ivy all by herself. "Fine. Do not make me regret it, Ivy. Really, do not make me regret it." Axel looked over at the brother that he wanted to strangle. Chavdar was not this annoying and whatnot, how in the hell did Benjamen manage to do this? Benjamen appeared to want to take Axel away but it might have vanished now that the two of them stood before Ivy. Ivy seemed to be the type that would be upset if he had left her and Benjamen would leave to. Well, that was tempting, but Axel did not want to leave just yet. He might not be able to see Ivy again. And he did not want to risk that. "You want me all to yourself for a while? Interesting." Axel could have mistaken that for flirting, but he did not want to risk thinking that and him being wrong about it. He hated being wrong.

The fact that Ivy asked him what was wrong, Axel had to realize that he was showing off how mad he was. He tried to soften it but looking at his brother made it return with lightning speed. Axel decided that lying was the best route. He hated lying and it was morally wrong in his family, but he had to. "Nothing." The tone might not have been convincing, but that look in his eyes made it appear that he did not want to talk about it. She wanted to finish their date, which was not even a date. He did not comment to it because if she knew that he wanted it as a date, she might run or something. Then Benjamen might interfere some more and ruin everything. So, Axel kept his mouth shut. "You really do not have to be here, Benjamen. You need to go do something family related, and away from here. I know you have other matters to attend to." However, the words fell on deaf ears, even if Ivy wanted him to be here, Axel did not.

Ivy seemed to sad that he was going to take away Axel but now that everything was unfolding in front of him, he might not need him anymore. He could have someone else do it for him. Then, he could hang out here with Ivy and Axel, just to ruin their little together. "Seems that way, but I definitely do not want to disappoint a little angel like you." Benjamen did not want to have to leave the two of them alone, and knew that Axel was mad. Just by looking at him, Axel knew better than to test his luck against his older brother that looked like him. Ivy had asked Axel what was wrong with him, and Benjamen had to look away to keep from laughing. Axel was so mad and he could not help but laugh. Or he snickered about it. "Oh he is lying to you, Ivy. It would not be the first time." Benjamen loved this since the look Axel gave him could easily kill him if it was possible. The whole thing was not a date, and Benjamen knew this as a fact. Ivy did not seem the type to try to date anytime soon. They did not seem like they would be dating anytime soon. Benjamen wanted Ivy too, and he needed to let them know about it. "I suppose I can wait before I take him back. I would be happy to join in on this trip to a zoo with fish, whatever you call it." He did not know what to call it because he did not know too much about attractions like that. Whatever Axel said did not process to Benjamen, at least, he made it seem that way. He bluntly ignored his brother as he urged Ivy to lead the way, his lips curled into a cocky smirk.

Ivy didn't wasn't convinced by Axel's nothing, and it would appear as if Benjamen didn't either. Benji threw in that Axel was lying and it wasn't the first time, which Ivy knew. Before Ivy even realized what had happened the two brothers were bickering away. Normally she found it cute, but lately it had become scarier and scarier for her to be around them when they were like this. "I'll let it go for now, but we're going to talk about this later." Ivy wouldn't let him be until he talked to her either. Sometimes venting about one's problems could be very helpful. Ivy just hoped that Axel would enjoy the rest of their day together, she had been planning to do something like this for awhile. When Benjamen called the Aquarium a zoo with fish, Ivy snorted. "You Zhefarovich men are so cute with your lack of knowledge with the muggle world." Ivy had yet to release Axel's hand, but noticed that he was indeed still very upset. Maybe he was really upset that Benjamen was coming along too when he expected it to be just the two of them? Ivy wanted to make both of them happy, but she had no idea how to go about it.

Suddenly an idea came to her. Wrapping her arm around Axel she also latched onto Benjamen to pull him close too. "Screw the aquarium, Benji, I think Axel needs a drink. Or five." Drinking was something Ivy had a considerable amount of experience in, and she wasn't shy about it either. Maybe a couple of drinks would put Axel in a better mood? "Pretty sure I could drink both of you boys under the table and not even bat an eyelash." Ivy wagered. It'd be even more fun if she could get them to compete with her. Both of them had very competitive personalities with one another, why couldn't they be just as competitive with someone else. Ivy tossed the Aquarium tickets she had purchased in advance into the trash and glanced at Axel and Benjamen with hopeful spring green eyes. If it put Axel in a better mood, she didn't mind cancelling her plans. Now he just needed to accept her alternate plans and she'd wisk the two of them away for a night of fun and relaxation. Well, not so much the relaxation part. Ivy was ready to party and have a good time with her two handsome dates.

Axel shot Benjamen a look, a look that would basically kill if it could, and if Axel had that sort of power, which he did not. Everything about today was going wrong, and he loathed it. It was bad enough that he was stuck out here with muggles, but did Benjamen have to take this away from him? He had something going with Ivy for a moment, even debated on telling her that he had feelings for her, but of course, Benjamen had to come and steal the thunder. When she said that they were going to talk about it later, Axel said in a stern, firm tone, "No, we will not." He absolutely refused to do such a thing, not while she was around. It burned him up inside to think of Ivy and his brother. Benjamen could go and get Viviana, or something, but not Ivy. Ivy was his, and she needed to know it. He already knew but kept on with this game. Ivy mentioned how the Zhefarovich men were cute with the lack of acknowledge with the muggle world. He rolled his eyes before he uttered, "Pure-bloods do not need to associate with the muggle world." He ended that conversation with a cold knife.

The taller man felt the blonde latch onto him and then pulled Benjamen to her other side. Obviously, she did not know how bad that looked right now. Almost like she was pawning them off like toys. "You do not want me drinking, Ivy," warned Axel. He could become a little wild when he was drunk, and often rather affectionate. That was something he did not want to endure. Not with Benjamen around. He feared the worst. Then she even challenged them both to a drinking contest. His mind thought over it, and doubted that nothing bad could really happen. Maybe it might soothe his anger away and keep him from murdering his brother. "You would be drunk before we got tipsy." Did she forget that the two men were large? She was a tiny thing. She could not drink them under the table at all! However, she seemed pretty bent on drinking, so it would not be too bad. If anyone asked, Axel would just say that they were all family friends. And he and Benjamen were not related. No, he did not even want to look at his brother right now. Axel was in that sour of a mood.

Benjamen looked over at his brother and just knew that he was in a little deeper than he wanted to be. Looking to Ivy, he knew that she was just too stupid to know what was going on between the brothers. Maybe that was why he liked her, since she was somewhat of a dimbo. Still, he did like Viviana more. But winning her over would take a lot of time, and that was something that he just did not have. Ivy would be quick and easy. He looked over at Axel as he firmly talked to Ivy, even though she was not one of his kids. He shook his head and moved his blonde hair out of his face. Axel could be scary at times, but Benjamen was used to it after all these years. He looked back at Ivy as she suggested that they should go drinking. He knew just how Axel could be when he was drunk. He was hilarious and a lot less uptight. He was all for that. Benjamen said with a grin on his face, "You know what? We definitely should." Even her challenge made him laugh, and he looked down at how little her arm was compared to his. Yeah, she definitely would not be able to drink them under the table. There was no possible way. "I doubt you can stand up after four shots. So, I think we should." It was obvious that the brothers accepted the challenge. It was too funny to see it.

</COLOR>
The next morning....

The rest of the night was a blur to Ivy. Once they got to the bar and Ivy started downing shot after shot, it eventually all grew into a haze for her. She did remember specific things, like calling Benji and Axel her best friends and that she loved them for some reason. Ivy really did enjoy the two of them being in her life since they were the closest things she has had for friends in a really long time. But that gave her no excuse to go around and say something like that. Hopefully they were both too drunk by that point to even realize that she had said such a thing to the two of them. After the three of them left the bar, they all god sort of friendly with one another on a more intimate level. A memory of which Ivy was sure to never forget, even if Benji and Axel hated her for it. Not that it was all her fault either, they were just as eager as she was. All in all, they were all much to drunk to really comprehend anything last night, and now they were going to pay for it with the morning after. Karma was more than ready to rear it's ugly head right in their direction.

Ivy groaned the moment she tried to move. Her head throbbed, her body ached, and she felt like she was about to lose the entire contents of her stomach. After a moment of trying to force the nausea away, Ivy was finally able to sit up. Her pale green eyes took in the room about her before she smirked. Her grandmother was going to kill her. Might as well wake the boys now so they could sober up some. Ivy leaned over and grabbed her dress so she could throw it on, then she felt around until she found one of her boots. <COLOR color="#CC0066">"BENJI!" Ivy chucked a boot right in his direction, and watched as it nailed him in the arm. He was a bit further away, and he was the one who challenged her to a drinking contest, so this was sort of his fault to begin with. Axel was close enough for Ivy to be able to touch, so she leaned over and decided to shake him gently. "Axel! Wake upppp!" Ivy stumbled out of the bed, not eager to be moving around with the hangover she was currently suffer from. "Come on you freaking giant!" Ivy tugged on his leg. It was true though, Ivy was practically a mouse compared to Benji and Axel. Therefore, she were like giants to her.

Benjamen had a fun night last night, everything was a blur though. He remembered drinking, then drinking some more, then kisses, then well, everything was in a haze. He did not remember what was said the previous night, but the actions were very clear, which Benjamen had an open mind on things. However, he knew that Axel would be pissed off. He felt something hit him in the arm and he groaned. He had no reason to spend the day sleeping, but he knew that he would have to get up eventually. He shook his head and he buried his head down into his arms, before he slipped back off into sleep. That is, until the thought of Axel brought him into reality. That made his stormy eyes open quickly, and he searched for his clothing. So far, the clothing was just everywhere, and his headache was killing him. He looked over the room before he found them. He put on his pants and he worked on his shirt. It was ripped a bit, but that was his own fault. He chuckled before he looked over at Ivy and said, “Don’t wake him up before I leave! He might overreact.” However, it was too late, since he saw that his brother was awake, and he was definitely not pleased with the actions that happened last night, plus more but Benjamen did not remember what it could possibly be. He just knew that he needed to get away and fast, but he was not fast enough.

The whole event from the previous night really got to Axel. Of course, now that he was more awake after Ivy bothered him and woke him up. His eyes opened and the events flowed from last night. From the drinking, and once Axel got drunk, he was a lot less stern with his behavior, which was why he did what he did. And then, he remembered what was said. Ivy loved them. As in him and his brother. He did not know if she really felt that way, but there was no way that he was going to let Benjamen have his woman. He shoved himself from the bed, and he too found his clothing, before he turned his attention to Benjamen, who looked at him with fear evident in his eyes. The reason why was because Axel’s eyes were jet black. Anger made his whole demeanor change. Despite the hangover that he was suffering from, Axel stepped toward Benjamen who proceeded to step away. It would not do much good, and Axel was not in the mood to deal with it. “I warned you to stay away from her, and now look what you did. You ruined everything. I should have killed you from the womb!” Axel swung his fist and hit his brother right on the jaw. Benjamen barely moved his head, but Axel was not using his full power either.

Axel slammed Benjamen into the wall and then he hissed, “Yet, you do not even remember what was confessed last night. I do. You went after her just because I was interested. How would you like it if I went after Viviana who already adores me?” A cruel smirk touched his lips and Benjamen started to get mad then. It was clear that Viviana meant more to him than Ivy did. He looked over at Ivy and he demanded in a cold tone, “I am done with this whole ‘twin thing’ you have going on. Enough with the games, and choose between us. I am not having it any other way.” Axel was done, more done than ever before. After last night, it was something that was beneath him. He never would have participated in that event if he were in his right state of mind. Sure, everyone in the room was suffering from a hangover, but he wanted answers, then and there. He might have been a little on the cold side, but he was tired of the games, especially after those three words were out in the open.

When Axel and Benjamen got into fights, it reminded Ivy of two big dogs fighting. As much as she wanted to get in the middle and stop them, she knew better than to get in between them. They were both much bigger than her so it wouldn't be hard for them to accidentally hurt her if she were to try and separate them. After he threatened Benjamen with Viviana, Ivy opened her mouth to tell Axel that he needed to put his brother down and walk away. Anything to keep the two of them from killing one another. Then he turned to her and told her that he was done with the games and he wanted her to choose between the two of them. "Games?" Ivy stared at him with furrowed eyebrows. What games was he talking about? Was it because Ivy was showing interest in both Benji and Axel? Ivy wasn't playing games! She was only having fun with two of the best friends she had ever had. Besides, she knew that Benjamen's heart belonged to Viviana in the end. She had no idea that Axel felt that strongly about her though. Ivy figured she wasn't his type, she was too much of a home wrecker. Ivy mouthed an apology to Benjamen before she went over to Axel and took a hold of his wrist.

Once outside, she released him. "What the hell was that? Quit beating up on your brother!" Ivy didn't want them to fight like that. Especially not over her cause, she would give anything to be able to form a relationship with her little brother. But he was dead, so it killed her to think that she could be damaging the relationship between two brothers. "I was never playing games with either of you. I was just having fun! I didn't know you felt that strongly about it, or I would have left Benji alone. He clearly is after Viviana so I'm not sure why you'd think that I'd choose him over you in the first place." Okay, so Ivy's idea of fun wasn't exactly what most would call a good idea because it wasn't very innocent. But Ivy wasn't really hurting anyone, so she didn't think it was anyone's business but her own. Ivy stared at Axel as she waited for him to say something. Why on earth did he think that she liked Benjamen more than him? Problem was, Ivy wasn't really the type of girl that men wanted to keep around as a girlfriend, and she was sure even Axel knew that.

Axel was pretty much done with beating up his brother. Though he felt some pain in his ribs, which meant that Benjamen caused some damage. He was not about to let him know that he caused pain. No, Axel was much stronger and more stubborn than that. Everything about him screamed arrogance and pride. Axel made sure to upload that. Feeling Ivy's hand upon his wrist, Axel gave one last warning glare to Benjamen as he was led from the room. But right now, he was done with the whole thing with the twins. Now that he was thinking straight, with the agony of the hangover, he thought that it was just disturbing. It was like the whole Arnost, Asparuh and Thorine situation all over again, except this was a bit worse in Axel's eyes. At least no children came from it. He was released, and he looked over at Ivy with narrowed eyes. It was obvious that he was still angry, and now, she was telling him to stop beating up his brother. Those darkened eyes rolled, as it was not the first time the two got into a brawl. No, this was just the first one that she witnessed.

Ivy explained that she was not playing games, as she was just having fun. He scoffed a bit when he heard that, but to avoid being ruder, he gave her his attention. She was unaware that he felt that strongly about it, or she would have left Benjamen alone. That caused his anger to lift some, which was somewhat incredible since he was entirely pissed off. "Look, something like this happened with my dad and uncle, and let's just say, it was godawful. The woman is dead now, and my dad held nothing but hate for her, but still, I didn't want to end up in the same situation. If it isn't obvious, I do care about you a great deal. I don't mind if you are good friends with Benjamen, but don't f**k him anymore. However, I do need to know something." Axel paused for a moment, before he made things rather clear and pretty blunt, "Are we going to turn into an item one day? If not, I don't want to waste my time. I don't want to long for something I can't have, if you know what I mean." Axel had been through enough when it concerned women troubles. He just didn't want to have any grief, and cut things loose before it would really affect him.

Apparently this wasn't the first time that Axel's family had dealt with a female being with brother's. But this time it was different because Ivy didn't purposely intend to string either of them along just for the thrill of it like this other woman seemed to. "Look Axel, ever since my family was killed in a car accident, I've been really lonely. So I get sort of caught up in just trying to forget that that I'm lonely by being with other people. I didn't realize how unhappy it made you, I just didn't want to be alone." Ivy explained, not wanting to admit that she was really a lonely person because it was far outside of her personality to ever seem depressed. Ivy hated being sad and she hated being emotional and letting others see that she wasn't wild and happy all of the time. By admitting that she was craving the attention and emotional closeness that Benji gave her, she was also admitting that what was going on between them wasn't all that serious. Not that she hated Benji, she adored him quite a bit. But he just wasn't the guy she wanted to settle down with in the end and from her perspective it seemed like she wasn't the kind of girl he wanted to settle down with either. Axel must have had other ideas because he was beginning to express that he wanted there to be more between them.

"Axel-" Ivy searched for the right words. She would love to become an item, but she felt like Axel would be making a mistake trying to invest any sort of feelings for her. Basically she was the type of girl that guys would rather just hang out with, and not fall in love with. "You know we could become an item. At any time. I just worry that you'd be making a mistake with wanting me. I'm not exactly the type of girl a guy wants to bring home as his girlfriend or a wife. I can't cook, I hate to clean, not to mention the fact that I eat more than some men." Axel seemed to enjoy most of those parts of her, but would he want that type of ideals in a woman he intended to marry someday? Plus Ivy had zero experience with children. He had a lot of children and Ivy had no idea how she could help him raise his family either. So yes, they could become an item one day. But the real question was whether or not he wanted to be shacked up with someone who was probably as useless as they come when it came to the sort of stuff guys liked to have in a household.

Axel didn't want to drill her about her choices. She was lonely. She had been since her parents died. Axel didn't know what that felt like. He always had people around him. He had a huge family. He always had someone around when he needed it. So, he didn't know how she felt in the slightest. Could he really be so selfish to tell her to stay away from people? He would never. But he didn't know why she felt the need to sleep with both him and Benajmen. One should have been enough. Things like that don't explain loneliness. It'd never help. "You won't ever fill the emptiness with people you party or sleep with. What you need is something someone can give you that is long term. Had I known this from the beginning, it would have saved a lot of time and issues. You didn't need to give your body away to keep people around." Maybe she didn't feel like that bit that was what he saw. Axel knew that this would end up with someone hurt. He was just worried about himself. He didn't really care what would happen to his brother. Someone was getting hurt. That was inevitable.

As soon as she started to explain why she thought that he might be making a mistake with him and what she couldn't do. Cooking was his thing. Cleaning though? That made him narrow his eyes at her. He said shortly, "Assuming you are a witch, you can cast spells to clean. I can too. But cooking is my thing. You wouldn't have to worry about that." Acel explained this with no harsh voice but more like he was trying to talk some sense into her. Surely she remembered her magical abilities. "If you are so sure we can be more, and I will accept you for all your apparent only to you flaws, then choose me now. From thay moment we will be exclusive. But, you do know that you will be hurting someone whether you choose or not. But at least we can pair up Benjamen and Viviana, if that bothers you." No matter what, she was going to lose one of the brothers. Axel just hoped that she would make the right hoice. Choosing him will be the best choice. Benjamen could still be around as a brother-like figure. By not choosing Axel, he would never see her again. It'd be too painful.

Axel really seemed to push the idea of Ivy settling down, not that she was against the idea herself, she just wasn't sure why Axel was so taken with the idea. He must have liked her more than she would have guessed. He expressed that she would be hurting someone whether or not she chose. Axel would be hurting if she didn't choose and if she chose Axel Benji would be hurting. The funny part was, if this situation had ever arose, Ivy knew who she was going to choose, so it wasn't like what he was saying was going to affect her decision. Ivy had known her decision for a long time now, she just didn't think this sort of thing would ever happen. Ivy then grabbed Axel's face and pulled him down into a deep kiss. "Come on Handsome, let's get something to eat. Or some coffee." Ivy wrapped her arm around his side and pulled him along. Although she didn't have to say it, the fact that she had kissed him and stated that they were going to get food instead of wandering off meant that she was choosing to stay with Axel. Benji was like a brother to her, sort of. But Axel had always meant a great deal more. He was the first person to open up and make her feel like she wasn't so alone anymore, and she really liked him. So of course he was going to be the obvious choice here.
Fin.​
<i>
</i>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back