Eating Breakfast #2

Athene Perthro

((Continued from Eating Breakfast, because Kasey wasn't replying, and Athene really needed to get to the letter. However, I didn't reply in that topic, because it's possible that Kasey may reply eventually.))

Athene sat down at the table and looked down at the letter with a frown. Her name, although written in the green ink that was so very stereotypical of her family, was not written in her parents handwriting.

Who on earth else would be writing to me? she thought, ripping open the envelope and eagerly pouring over the letter inside.
Dearest Athene

It's been some time since I last wrote you, and I apologize. I've been rather busy as of late, I hope you understand. You may already know, but I think I should tell you anyway, i've spent the last few months out in Glen Massey with your parents, and during my stay I asked your father if I could have you for the Summer holidays. I would be delighted to have some company in the Leaky Cauldron.

If you would rather go back to your parents, however, I completely understand, and will of course come to visit you.

- Thanatos

Athene read the letter in delight. 'some time' was an understatement. It had been nearly a year since she had last heard from her Uncle. Of all the members of her family, she liked him the best, and couldn't wait to send a reply confirming that she would, of course, like to stay with him during the coming holidays.

She shuffled through her bag, looking for ink and parchment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back