Closed Early Valentine’s Gift

West King

OOC First Name
Cole
Sexual Orientation
Bi-Curious
School was going back into session, and life for West was returning to a semi-normal status. The ginger educator had quite the plan in place, so while his nerves were less with caring for his growing daughter and her school work, they hadn’t lessened much. West and Olive had been together for quite some time now, and they had a beautiful baby girl together, whom West was about to take some time with to give her a break. Before that though, was the question - the most important question.

He had set his small dining room up with balloons and candles, deserts and low lights - and early gift for a hard working mother. He of course made sure to mail Leda and Pho their own Valentine’s surprises - But this one was more important. Impatiently West stood, a bulge in the pocket of his jeans, that when stared at too hard would make it obvious he hid the ring there. He could only hope she would say yes.

Olive had been disappointed that Leda hadn’t made the effort to come and visit over the holidays, it would have been nice for Ten to get to know her Aunt and it would have been a chance for the girls to bond. That being said, their Christmas as a family had been beautiful, and as tired as Olive was, she was pleased with how it had turned out.

Today the red head would go and visit West, and after tucking their daughter into a carry on, she’d begun the trip to his house. She knew it would have been so much easier for the couple if they lived together, especially when the second baby made their arrival. The last few years for Olive had gone in a flash, but she beginning to feel like herself once more. She arrived when expected, and knocking on the door to his house she was looking forward to a relaxing evening with her little family.

Olive was knocking, and so was West’s heart. He couldn’t remember the last time he had felt like this. Butterflies in his stomach, tingling into his throat. “Hey, babe.” He said opening the door and greeting her. He took the basket from her. “And hello baby.” He said laughing. “Has she been fussy?” He asked, leading her into the dining room where the moment would take place.

Olive smiled as West opened the door, and she entered the house, letting him take their daughter into the other room. When West said hello baby, Olive faltered, “What? Oh.. you mean Ten,” she let out a nervous chuckle, “She was a few days ago but she seems calmer now,” she said, following the man through, “Oh my god West!” She looked around the room in delight, no one had done anything like this for her before, “It’s beautiful!” She added, admiring the effort he’d put in.

Everything had to move quickly for the man. “I am so glad she’s calming down. It’s because she knows she’s safe with a good mom.” Ask she entered the room, West took a breath. He sat the girl down gently on the floor and joined her on one knee. Olive admiring the room was the perfect distraction as he fumbled with the ruby red ring, trying to get it in the right position. “I know it’s not Valentine’s Day yet.” He spoke, his baritone voice shaking. “But I had something important to talk to you about and it couldn’t wait.” Now all she needed to do was turn around, and hopefully say yes.

Olive was admiring the room, the decorations and the balloons as West got Ten settled. She’d never had anyone who’d done much for her for Valentine’s Day, let alone an early one. She heard he speak of having a question to ask her, although butterflies grew in her stomach as she knew she had something to tell him too. If he had something important to say maybe he should be the one to go first before she dropped a bombshell of her own. The red head turned to see West in one knee beside their daughter, and all the blood drained from her face, “West. What are you doing?” Her voice was barely more than a whisper through her shock.

West took in a breath and opened the box to reveal the vintage styled ring in her favorite shade. “Olive, for a long time I didn’t think I could ever be this happy. Pho and I were just a father daughter duo. But from spending this time with you, starting a family with you... I’ve realized that I can’t picture any part of my life without you in it. And I don’t want to anymore. Olive Mae Layton, would you do me the honors of marrying me?” He asked, his palms sweating. Even being a larger man, he felt so small and weak.

Oh heck. It was really happening. Tears pricked in Olives eyes as he declared how much she meant to him. After his first wife Olive hadn’t been sure if he wanted to remarry, but she would have been lying if she never saw herself getting married one day. With a smile towards the man who was bravely putting himself on the line, she knelt down in front of him, cupping his hands in his. “I never thought I’d find someone like you. Someone that lets me be me, and is the best dad anyone could ask for,” a coo from their daughter couldn’t have been better timed, “I love you so much, and I would love to marry you,” her eyes were twinkling as she said it, unable to keep the huge smile off her face. Her heart was racing. Was this the right time to tell him? “You should know, the three of us would be delighted to make this official,” her hands were on his cheeks, hoping he knew what this meant.

West let his freckles face break into a grin of Cheshire proportions as he stood up to kiss her. He held her hand gently and slid the ring on the finger of his beautiful girl - no, fiancé. However her comment caught him by surprise. He pointed at himself, and the baby, and then Olive. “Three?” He asked before pointing at her stomach, smiling still. “Three?” He inquired again, wondering if she was going to make him a father one more time. He couldn’t complain. He loved children, Pho, spunky Leda, loud Ten. He loved them all.

Only now did Olive look down to see the ring. It was a stunning shade of red and she thought that West had chosen one perfectly that she would be able to wear for the rest of her life. She admired it once it was on before turning back to West who was still figuring out what she meant by her statement. She let out a nervous smile, taking one of his hands in hers and placing it across her stomach, “Three,” she confirmed. After a number of potions and a chat with the doctor it had been confirmed. Olive was going to have a second baby.

Tears welled in West’s eyes. She had made it through the first birth, and anxiety was lifted when she did. West knew she could do a second too. “Oh Merlin, you just keep making me happier. How far along?” He asked, kissing her gently, hand on her stomach. He felt euphoric. Being a dad made West happier than any teaching position, or any amount of money could. With Pho and Leda nearly adults, it felt like Ten and this unborn baby were the next section of his life. Until he and Olive became grandparents.

Olive had been nervous to tell West, but it was no where near as complicated as it had been with Ten. This time round she knew where she stood and she knew what she wanted. “Not long. A few weeks.” With any luck it would be born in September, otherwise it would be close to having the same birthday as their daughter. She was so excited that their family was continuing to grow, and this time she had every intention of doing it the right way. “We need to tell Pho and Leda” she said, they had so much to update them on.

West grinned more and nodded. "You are wonderful." He said, both referring to his faince and the life inside her. "Take a seat, Olive, I'll grab what I have in the kitchen for dinner." He made sure she was seated comfortably before leaving and grabbing plates that were already made. And dishes to the tables. Rolls, beef filets and salad. The desert would be the best part though. Assorted Chocolate covered fruit sat in the fridge awaiting them. "I wanted to make this special. We didn't really confirm we were together until Ten came along and since this was our first official Valentine's this year, I thought it was important." He smiled. "Do you need me to warm up any formula for her? Oh, And Pho of course knew I was proposing. I thought to ask Leda but a part of me thinks she might punch me." He joked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back