Killian Owens-Lee

Strong- Stoic- Protective

OOC First Name
Jess S
Blood Status
Muggle
Relationship Status
Married
Killian knew that technically it wasn't Marley's birthday yet. But it was going to be her first birthday with him, and already Marley was his baby girl. He had taken her out on the town. They'd gone out to breakfast, spend all morning at her favorite amusement park. Then they'd gone to the food court in the mall, gone to the salon to get her hair and nails done, then spent a few hours roaming from store to store and loading up on gift after gift for the girl. Eventually, they'd gone out to a very fancy restaurant for dinner, one that had required Killian to wear a black tie and for Marley to show off the beautiful new dress she'd picked out.

Marley had fallen asleep in the car on the way home. Killian let her rest, running inside to run a warm bubble bath for her. Soon, he woke her up and carried her upstairs, letting her settle in the tub while he brought in the shopping from the day, leaving all of her new things in her room. While he waited for her, he changed into his pajamas, fortified the couch with extra pillows and blankets. He made a big bowl of popcorn and brought out his collection of Ghibli movies, moving back to the kitchen to make a pair of root beer floats while he waited for Marley to come downstairs.

Marley had lived with Killian for about a year now and so far the young girl was enjoying her time with her adopted father. Killian was quite fun. She got to go out and play as well as many other things. Marley was still getting used to the idea of all this new technology that she really hadn't seen before.

Marley was excited when Killian had decided to take her out for the day for an early birthday, even though her birthday was months away. But she didn't mind. She just wanted to have fun and spend time with Killian. They were out the whole day, going out shopping to many different places. Though she felt a little bad about Killian spending a lot of money on her, she was also excited to use and play with all the new things she had gotten. The day was jammed packed that on the way home, Marley had become really tired and fell asleep. She hadn't realised she had fallen asleep until Killian had picked her up and had taken her upstairs towards the tub. It wasn't that long before she bathed herself and changed into her pyjamas. She excitedly made her way down the stairs and towards the living. The young girl gasped excitedly when she noticed the small fort. "Is that a fort?!" Marley says excitedly as she clapped and jumped up and down.

Killian had just walked out of the kitchen with the glasses, smiling at his daughter. "It is, and this is a root beer float. Climb in, I have some new movies I think you're going to love," he winked, settling into the fort himself before offering her the glass. "Now, I made this one," He held up one glass. "With french vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, and sprinkles. While this one," He held up the other. "Has cookies and cream ice cream with whipped cream and cookie crumbles. Which one do you want?" He asked, smiling at the little girl.

Marley jumped and clapped excitedly as he confirmed that it was in fact a fort. She remembered that she built forts from time to time back at the orphanage. It was one of the ways she had kept herself busy from being bored there. She speed off into the fort excitedly as he had told her to get into it. Not wasting any time to get in. Marley smiled brightly at the mention of movies. Ever since she had heard the idea about movies, she took every opportunity to watch movies as much as she could. She looked between the two drinks that Killian had offered her, trying to decide what one she wanted. "Hmm," Marley says, as she taps on her chin to think what she wanted. Before pointing to one of the cups. "That one," Marley says with a giggle, as she points to the cookies and cream one.

Killian smiled, sliding the root beer float to Marley. "So, this is two scoops of ice cream with a root beer soda pop poured over it. Yours, I used a vanilla root beer. See, there's a long handled spoon there, and a straw," He pointed out. Setting his own treat aside, he pulled over a few dvd cases. "These are Studio Ghibli movies. My sisters and I love these. See the covers?" He pointed to each beautifully drawn case.

"These movies are all drawn. The stories are beautiful, the music is amazing. Here, like this," He pointed to one of them. "This is Ponyo. It's about a magic fish that chooses to be a little girl so she can be with the boy she loves. And this," He points to another, "This one is Howl's Moving Castle, it's a little scary, it's about curses and war and magic, but the characters survive with love for each other," Killian prattled on, taking a moment to tell her about each of the movies he'd brought out.

Marley nodded as Killian explained and spoke about her drink. She then tried it for herself and gasped in excitement. "This is sooo yummy!" Marley says with a smile and small giggles and she then took another sip before putting her treat down. She listened carefully as he spoke about each movie, each one new to her and she had never heard before. But the girl was interested in them and these seemed like movies that she couldn't resist. They seemed interesting to her that she couldn't really decide where she wanted to start off with.

Killian chuckled, pleased she enjoyed her drink. As he finished explaining, he gave her a moment to peruse the movies. "Hey, baby girl?" Killian spoke gently, reaching over to brush her still damp hair back from her eyes. He leaned in and pressed a kiss to her forehead, smiling softly. "My life is better with you in it. I love you, Marley," he murmured, rubbing her back gently.

Marley looked up as Killian addressed her, her eyes sparkling a little yet a little droopy from being tired, as she listened to Killian speak. She smiled shyly up at the man. She giggled tiredly a little as he told her that he loved her. Marley slowly made her way towards the man, standing up a little as she wrapped her little arms around the man's neck and leaving a sloppy kiss on his cheek. "I love you too daddy," Marley says with a small giggle, not realising that she had called Killian 'dad' for the first time since she had arrived here.

Killian opened up his arms as Marley moved over to him, hugging her close. His smile vanished as she spoke, his eyes welling up with tears. He cleared his throat, holding her tight and resting his nose in her hair. "Happy early birthday baby girl," he murmured. After a moment he cleared his throat, getting up and putting in Ponyo. He settled back into the couch next to her, picking up his drink as the movie started.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back