Early morning

Leah Winters

OOC First Name
Malynne
Wand
13" Sequoia Dragon heartstring
Leah woke up to the sounds of birds chirping and rays of sunlight laying across her face. She clenched her eyes tight for a few seconds, and opened them, bringing up a hand to mask her eyes from the sun. She yawned, and rolled over, not quite wanting to wake up yet. Maybe I'll just stay in bed all day. Leah thought hopefully. She sighed, though, knowing that those days were over.

Leah threw the covers to the side, and stepped out of the warm and comfortable bed, to rest her feet on the hard floors. It was her second day in Ioan's apartment, and so far so good. She was happy that he had offered her this place, seeing as she had been paying for rooms at inn's. Her mother had offered up her old room back to the girl, but Leah refused, not wanting to be with that... woman.
She yawned again, and threw on a tanktop before making her way to the kitchen to salvage for food.

Realizing that he had left Leah in his apartment without any food, Ioan left Adrianne's house early to head to a store. After grabbing a bunch of things to last her a while, Ioan apparated quickly to his place outside of Obsidian Harbor. He knew he would have to tell Adrianne about this soon before she heard it from someone else and got the wrong idea about the whole situation.

He entered the apartment and walked into the kitchen, humming. "Hey there Leah" he said with a nod as he held up the bag, realizing that she was probably there looking for food. His gaze wandered from her face down to the tanktop she was wearing and further down before rising back up. It was very quick though as he had perfected the ability to check a woman out without her noticing or so he thought. There was no doubt to Ioan that Leah was an attractive girl, but she was a tad too young for him.

"You probably won't find much in there" he said sheepishly, "I don't spend much time here anymore." He placed the bag on the table and turned one of the chairs so that the back was facing toward Leah. Taking off his jacket, he straddled the chair and leaned his arms on the back. "Is there anything else you think you'll need while you're here?" he asked as he used his wand to send the jacket to the living room.

Leah opened the refridgerator to find it completely bare, nothing inside, not even old sandwitch meat. She frowned, and opened a few cabinets seeing the same thing. "Drat." She muttered, crossing her arms and tapping her foot. This would mean that she would have to either go shopping or go to one of the cafe's in Obsidian Harbour. She was hoping that perhaps today would be a day to spend inside, and not out with the public, but it was beginning to look as if she would be forced to make an appearance.

And suddenly, Ioan Finch strolled inside the kitchen. Leah jumped, placing her hand on her heart, feeling the pounding through her chest. "Oh." And then she realized all she was wearing was a tank top and underpants. "Hello." She greeted, before turning and walking quickly to her new bedroom. Her face was tinged a light pink, having never been caught in such a situation. She looked around and grabbed a pair of jeans, and quickly put them on, before walking back inside the kitchen.

Deciding to act like nothing ever happened, she smiled at Ioan, feeling genuinely happy that he had arrived. "Thank you for bringing me that." She opened the bag, finding bread and eggs, and other assortments of food. "I was worried that I would have to go to town today." She began to place the food inside the cupboards. "I think this will be all for a while, if there is something else, I have no problem going to go buy it myself. I don't really eat all that much."

A faint smile crossed Ioan's face at Leah's genuine thank-you. "I'm sorry I didn't think of it sooner"he said as he watched her rummage through the bag. "What are you planning to do now that you're back in New Zealand?" Ioan asked Leah. From their last conversation, it didn't seem that she was interested in returning to school. He wondered if she planned on doing something about what she had learned from the visit to her father's house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back