Early morning run.....

Hilary Grace

OOC First Name
debscute
Wand
debscute
Hilary woke up early on Sunday. Though it was her second year here she still found it wierd that there was no service on Sunday morning. She did have some homework to do but also she felt like she had to get fit again for quidditch. She had watched the tryouts and though she hadn't seen any Gryffindors while she was there she had seen the other teams Seekers and knew she had some stiff competition. Well I may be a good flyer AND a good seeker but I think it'll be the dry land that'll really beat them

So ignoring her bodys complaints of the early start she tied up her hair and threw on her normal work-out clothes: a tank-top and spandex paired with her comfortable runners. She wasn't sure if this exactly followed the "dress code" but it was the most comfortable for her to work out in AND it put her in the mood.

A nice run by the lake she thought as she exited her dorm and the castle. She had bought an I-pod in a muggle shop nearby on one of her outtings this summer. She was very thankful that it was working off the magical air as she put in her ear buds and turned on some Cascada.

The lake was beautiful in the just dawn light and she felt totally at peace with the world.

The fish were biting today! Canoc lowered his old arse onto a nice slope of grass at the waters edge and threw in his line. He scratched his ear with a gnarled hand.

"By Merlin--,"Canoc's eyes widened when a student went running past him. She had some strange things hanging from her ears. Poor lass. Perhaps it was a hearing problem.

"Good mornin' to ye!" he shouted loudly.

Hilary pulled her ear buds out and smiled at the professor. She jogged back over to the man and said "Hi, my name is Hilary I'm in second year. Are the fish good today?" She was still jogging on the spot a bit incase he decided he didn't want to talk and so she could run on.

Canoc watched the girl jump from foot to foot. He tsked. Poor lass. Hearing loss and an equilibrium problem.

"Good mornin' lass. I'm Professor Canoc Taggart. Second year you say? I won't be havin' ye in my class til next year." He talked slowly and loudly.

Hilary smiled but kept jogging. "So I'm guessing you teach one of the electives then??" She stopped jogging on the spot and instead went down into a lunge hoping the professor wouldn't be wierded out by her habits.

Veronica walked up to the girl who seemed to be doing lunges by the lake."Hi there, I m Veronica."

"Hi Veronica" Hilary smiled at the girl who came up, "My name is Hilary, second year Gryffindor"

"Im in first year, so what r u doing?" she asked the girl with a smile

Hilary gave a smile to the professor and then switched legs to the other lunge. "Oh me....I was just taking a morning jog, you know Quidditch season is starting and they're some pretty good seekers out there this year..."

"Ya I ve seen, so what position do u play on the team?" she asked Hilary

Hilary smiled again, she thought she had already said but she must not have made it clear "Oh, I play seeker...what about you do you play?" she asked the girl

Ginny decided to go for an early swim down the lake depending on how it was when she saw Hilary and veronica talking. 'Hey there,veronica, Hilary. What are you doing here so early in the morning then?' she asked. 'Oh, i wasn't interrupting an argument was i?' Ginny noticed there was a man sitting opposit her fishing. 'Hello sir. Are the fish biting good today?' asked ginny who had always found it easier to do fishing by hand.

"argument? no i just met hilary and we were talking, what r u up to?" veronica asked ginny

Hilary jumped her leg forward into a frog stretch and leaned way over her feet. She was feeling tighter lately must be all the stress she thought to herself. She just smiled up at the two first years, "No arguments here, just the early risers" she looked down at her watch and it had only just turned 7:30. Looking over the lake at the pre sunrise was an amazing site Definitly wort the early rize

Ginny was going to reply when she looked at the view. It was beuitiful from down at the lake and you could feel the breeze instead of being stuck behind a window. 'Well, 'said Ginny rembering that veronica had asked her a question.' I was jst thinking about going for a swim until i met you guys. Anyway what were you going to do before i interupted you?' :)

Hilary smiled, a swim sounded like fun. "Oh, I'm jogging around the lake.It's so beautiful at this time of the morning."

'I know what you mean. it's nice in the feilds aswell but it's even nicer reflected on the water. Oh, jogging sounds fun. Mind if i join you. I've not been jogging in ages.' said Ginny now focusing on what was going on rather than her thoughts.

Hilary jumped up out of her stretch. "Okay, let's go....are you joining us Veronica?"

Ginny had already started to warm up when she noticed that Hilary was waiting on Veronica. 'Are you coming?' she asked jogging on the spot.

Hilary smiled and took the silence to mean no. She didn't want to force it "You can catch up to us if you want. Bye Professor" Hilary said as she smiled and took of at a medium pace.

Ginny tok up at the same pace as Hilary and whatched the sun as it moved very slowly. 'So do you like it here?' she asked Hilary to get the conversation going.

Hilary looked over at Ginny. "Yeah, I think I do.....it's different but it's my home now.., what about you?" she asked

'It's alright but i think i prefer it at home even though i always got beaten up. It's quite lonely here if you don't have plans with everyone.' said Ginny starting to feel warmer now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back