Early morning Hunger

Kailey Harrington

OOC First Name
Kelsey
Wand
12 1/2" Firm Fir Wand with the essence of Dragon Heartstring
Kailey looked around and quickly darted to the portrait, tickled the pear, and ran into the kitchens. She honestly had no clue if she was allowed in here, or allowed to be out of the common rooms at 6 AM. But she had woken up extremely hungry and just had to risk it. She was soon surrounded by house elves. "Could you get me some flour please?" she asked quietly not knowing exactly to turn their offer down politely. Should I make breakfast or sweets? Kailey thought as the flour was given to her and the house elves went along with their business of preparing Breakfast for the student body of Hogwarts New Zealand.

Nina was tossing and turning all night when she finally decided to wake up. When Nina got up she put on her hufflepuff jumper and walked out of the tents, it was snowing lightly and it was freezing. Nina ran over to the castle quickly when she got in she shook off the snowflakes and walked around, when she got a little bored she went to the basement for an early breakfast. Nina saw another girl presummably from HNZ with a bag of flour in her hands and Nina walked quietly up to her and said, "Err hey."

Kailey turned around to see Nina Patrokov, Hogwarts Scotlands Triwizard champion. "Hey..." she replied "So I see I wasn't the only one whose hunger wouldn't let them sleep." she noted, she then looked back down to the bag of flour in her hands. "What all could we make with flour?" she asked thinking of many things right off of the bat.

"Hmm flour, I'm pretty sure we could make any desert," Nina said while thinking of any recipies that make with flour then said, "Ermm I'm Nina Patrokov by the way." Nina smiled and stuck her hand out which was still cold from being outside.

Having only slept for about 3 hours total, Kat decided just to get up and go for a shower. Once she'd bathed and dressed, she headed downstairs with no particular destination in mind. About the third floor Kat's stomach started to rumble. Of course she was starving as she hadn't been able to stomach much of anything the last few days, but she wasn't sick...well at least not sick in any way that a potion could fix. It was still too early to head to the Great Hall for breakfast so she decided just to head to the kitchens to grab a quick bite to eat. When she arrived she saw that she wasn't alone. It was Kailey and the champion from Hogwarts Scotland, Nina. "Hi!" she said weakly with a forced smile.

Nina saw another girl enter and she didn't look all that well so she asked, "Are you okay?"

"Lets make some sort of desert then." Kailey replied wanting to use the flour. She then saw Kat who didn't look all too well. Kailey quickly rushed over to her, almost falling due to the slick bottoms of her shoes. "Whats wrong Kat?" she asked, concerned for her friend.

"Feeling a little sick. Probably just a cold." Kat partly lied. "But no matter, I'm starving. What are you guys trying to concoct?" she asked, trying to perk up a little bit.

"Have you been to the hospital wing?" Nina asked curiously going with the girls obvious lies. "Some sort of dessert," Nina said with a smile.

"Yeah have you?" Kailey asked also going along with the lies. "and as she said, some form of dessert."

"Yeah. Gave me some sort of potion to help. It's probably just going to take a little bit to take full effect." Kat lied some more, secretly cursing Nina for being so pushy. "Dessert sounds good. Need some help?" she asked hoping to drop the previous subject.

"You can help if you want." Kailey replied, her face lit up as she suddenly remembered something. "Kat...I told him."

Kat's eyes grew wide as she knew exactly what Kailey meant. "What? When? Where? How'd it go?" she asked all in one breath, suddenly forgetting about how crappy things in her life were at the moment. Kat knew her friend had been hoping to tell Njord, but didn't know exactly how it had turned out.

Kailey wasn't surprised in the least when she was punded down with questions almost instantly. But she was happy to see that ths had made Kat feel better from whatever had been troubling her. "Yes I did, It was a couple of days ago...I had just went up to...the north tower! To think and he came up and I just kinda...blurted it out." Kailey replied having exclaimed the north tower as that had been where she had wanted it to be as that was where they had first met.

"Awww, Kailey!" Kat said as she bombarded her friend with a hug. "So...what did he say?" she asked like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

Kailey let out a sad sigh and looked down. "He has a date to the yule ball." she puased giving Kat time to uteer maybe one or two syllables before looking up and a huge smile on her face. "and that date is me!" she exclaimed before giving a quiet squeal. She realized how stupid that must have looked and immediatly turned pink as Nina was here and wasn't close enough to where Kailey was comfortable with being embarassing around her.

"He...but..." Kat muttered in a state of disbelief until Kailey said that she was going to be Njord's date. Kat squealed and jumped up and down in excitement. "So he asked you? Was it the best feeling ever?" she asked Kailey in a sweet tone.

Kailey too started jumping up and down. "Yes! IT was the best feeling ever!" she exclaimed wrapping into an extremely tight hug yet was still jumping.

Kat hugged Kailey back, squeezing her tightly. She was glad that this had all worked out for Kailey. She definitely deserved it. "So...have you gotten a dress yet? What are you going to do with your hair? We have so much stuff to think about!" she exclaimed as she squealed even louder.

"I have a dress, I have no clue what to do with my hair, and I know! But lets talk about it later...I'm starving!" Kailey exclaimed knowing Nina must feel uncomfortable. "So...How about a HUGE batch of cookies?" she asked

Rhyspa was walking down the stairs, wondering around. Her stomach woke her up this morning, she skipped dinner last night. As she approached the kitchen doors, she heard loud giggles. Rhyspa opened the doors, expecting to see some very happy house elves, she saw her two best friends and Nina. Kat and Kailey were jumping up and down, obvious joy on their faces and Nina was just standing there.

Rhyspa came up beside them and started jumping up and down, giggling hysterically. "Why are we giggling?" she laughed.

"Mmmm, cookies!" Kat said excitedly when she saw Rhyspa had arrived. "Hey you! I'll let Kailey tell you!" she said as she cheesed it big in Kailey's direction.

"Yes cookies!" Kailey exclaimed before turning to Rhyspa. "I told him...and we're going to the yule ball together!" she added

Rhyspa grinned at the thought of cookies and continued to grin when Kat told her Kailey would tell her. Rhyspa's jaw dropped when she heard and finally understood what Kailey was talking about. "Are you serious?!" Rhyspa squealed. "Kailey! That's so great!"

Nina had completly blanked out when she saw another girl come in and said, "Ermm hey I'm Nina Patrokov."

[Hey I have to go in a tiny bit so dont go all comment crazy on me k?]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back