Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
Sexual Orientation
Bisexual
Wand
Curved 16 1/2 Inch Unyielding Maple Wand with Hippogriff Feather Core
Open after Ana posts with Celia

Louis knew flying lessons were starting soon, but he was impatient. One morning, he made his way to the Quidditch pitch hopefully, just wanting to get into the air. He hadn't been allowed to take his broom as a first year, so he hoped he could borrow one at the pitch. But as he arrived, there was nobody there, and the broomshed seemed to be locked. Louis frowned in frustration as he tried the lock a few times, then sighed and sat down on the grass. That was so stupid. Why couldn't he fly if he wanted to? He bet he was better than a bunch of the second or even third years already, but he had to wait for class. It was dumb and unfair.

So far, her attempts at rule-breaking had gotten her nowhere. Celia was still stuck at Hogwarts. She hadn't given up, however, and she'd decided to up the ante by skipping all of her classes. Surely that would be a red flag for her parents. Their daughter, normally a straight-A student, would be failing everything. They'd have to withdraw her, if only to make sure she didn't have a bunch of failed classes on her transcript.

In the meantime, Celia still planned on learning magic. After all, she didn't want to fall behind her classmates and risk any of them thinking she was incapable of magic. She had a textbook and a wand; she didn't need a teacher. Today, she was planning on tackling flying. Truth be told, it was one of the things she was looking forward to most about being a witch. She wanted to be able to soar into the sky. If she learned, maybe she could just fly away from campus.

Her plans were complicated when she spotted a boy sitting next to the broomshed. Celia eyed him warily, wondering if he was guarding it. But he didn't look old enough to have that kind of responsibility, and besides, getting in trouble would only help her. So ignoring him, she strode up to the door and tried the knob. It was locked. Frowning, she jiggled it a few more times. With a sigh, she turned to the boy, who she could no longer ignore. "Is this always locked?"

Louis looked up when a vaguely familiar girl approached, at first thinking she was walking up to him to talk to him. But before he could open his mouth to greet her, she had walked past him and started trying the door. Louis rolled his eyes a bit. If she'd asked him if it was open, she would have had her answer a lot faster. He didn't really like being ignored. When she finally spoke to him, Louis shrugged and made a point of not looking at her. "I've been at Hogwarts for as long as you have, how should I know?" He asked her, rolling his eyes again. "I just know it's locked now, which is totally unfair." He then frowned. "You are a first year, right?" He asked, as he suddenly wondered if he'd seen her in any of his classes.

Celia did not appreciate the eyeroll, but she had bigger things to worry about than this brooding boy. If he didn't know how to get into this broomshed, then he was of no use to her. She studied the lock for a second before pulling her wand out. During her reading, she'd come across a spell for unlocking doors. She'd never tried it, of course, but there was no time like the present. "Yeah, I'm a first year. Why?" Maybe she looked older than her actual age, like someone who was more mature, more responsible than her eleven years. She certainly hoped that was the case.

"Alohomora," she intoned, pointing her wand at the door knob. She tried it, but the door was still locked. "Alohomora!" Nothing. "Alohomora, alohomora, alohomora!" Celia gave a groan of frustration when none of her attempts worked. She tried to think back to the passage she'd read, but she was pretty sure she wasn't doing anything wrong. Maybe she was pronouncing it incorrectly? "Alohomora. Why isn't this working?" she muttered.

Louis shrugged at the girl's question, did he need a reason to ask? "No reason. Just haven't seen you in classes much, I think." He said, frowning a little. "What house are you in?" If he ever wanted to be the coolest guy at Hogwarts, he had to know who was who. Though this girl didn't seem very nice, nor like a very good potential friend. He turned and watched her in amusement as she kept on trying the same spell over and over. He let out a tiny snort. "Don't think that's happening." He said unhelpfully. "Is that even a first year spell? You should probably wait until we've learned some things in class." He said with a shrug. "Either that, or you're just doing it wrong." He knew the spell she was trying to do because he'd heard his dad cast it, and it had sounded pretty much the same, but he wasn't completely sure. "I guess no flying for us, huh?" He said with a sigh. "At least flying class is soon."

Celia was a bit disappointed with his answer, but it made sense. "I don't really go to classes," she said with a shrug. Unfortunately, no one seemed to have noticed her absence (aside from this boy, and only just now). It was strange. At her old school, missing just one class would have led to a teacher trying to find you. "Slytherin," she replied, her lip automatically curling in distaste. She was still convinced the hat had sent her to the dungeons as a punishment. "You're lucky you're not in there." She hadn't seen the boy in the common room before though with his attitude, she thought he'd fit right in with some of the other Slytherins.

The spell wasn't working, and Celia's frustration was only growing. She should've brought the book with her. "Why should it matter if it's not a first year spell? Shouldn't it work as long as I say the word and wave my wand?" She was quite used to doing schoolwork higher than her grade level, and she couldn't quite fathom the idea that magic wouldn't work that way. "Alohomora," she tried one last time for good measure. Still nothing.

Though the other boy seemed perfectly fine with giving up, Celia was not about to do the same. After all, she wouldn't be attending the flying classes. "There has to be another way in, like a window or something." Celia pocketed her wand and rounded the corner of the shed. There, on the side, was a window though it was kind of high off the ground, and she couldn't tell if it was locked. As much as she didn't want to talk to the boy again, she knew she'd need his help if she wanted to reach it. "Found one!" she called, hoping she'd be able to convince him to help her.

Louis frowned at the girl in confusion. "What?" He asked her, not sure if he heard that correctly. "Why not? That's dumb." He said automatically. "I know they're boring but... how are you going to learn magic if you're not going to classes?" He asked her, tilting his head a bit. He was a bit surprised at her words about Slytherin, thinking about Caleb who was in that house. "Why?" He asked her, as she didn't elaborate at all.
Louis couldn't help a small snort at the girl's insistence that the spell should work. She was so strange. "No, it's not as simple as that." He said. "Maybe you'd know that if you went to class." He added more quietly under his breath. He watched as the girl looked around for a window, and decided to follow her mostly out of curiosity about what she would do. He crossed his arms with a slight smile. "Yeah, you found a window." He said. "Now we can look at the brooms we can't get to." He joked, though it was too high up to really even do that easily.

Celia bristled slightly when the boy called her dumb though she knew that under normal circumstances, she'd agree. "I can teach myself," she replied curtly. She was sure she could get through the curriculum faster anyways. Already she'd learned lumos and nox, and she was working on the levitation charm. That one was giving her some trouble, but she had no doubt she'd master it soon enough. Celia was surprised by his question about Slytherin, especially since she'd already gotten the impression that it didn't enjoy the greatest reputation. "It's in the dungeon," she replied, as if that explained everything. "And have you seen our Head of House?" Styx acted more like a prison guard than a teacher.

Celia ignored the boy's comments as she attempted the spell one last time. She doubted he knew anything substantial about magic anyways, especially if he was just following along the standard first year curriculum, which was absurdly slow-paced. Her impression of his intelligence did not improve when he joked about looking through the window. "Don't be dumb," she said, slightly exasperated. "If you help push me up, I can climb through and unlock the door. Then we can go fly." She probably should have been nicer to someone who she needed help from, but hopefully he wanted to go flying just as badly as she did.

Louis couldn't help it, the girl was so easy to joke about. "Clearly." He said sarcastically, gesturing to the lock she had been unable to open by herself. But she did intrigue him, and he wondered if he could possibly get away with not going to classes too. They were pretty dreadfully boring, most of the time. "Yeah, so?" He said when she said Slytherin was in the dungeon. As if that wasn't totally cool. But at the point of her Head of House, he had to concede. "Yeah, okay, fair." He said with a shrug. Though he did think it was kind of interesting that the man might be a vampire, that was at least one working theory he had.

He watched as the girl poked around the shed some more, then frowned when she called him dumb. He crossed his arms. "If you want me to help you, you probably shouldn't be calling me dumb." He told her with a frown. But the idea of flying was a good one, and it didn't take very long at all for him to relent. "Okay, fine." He said, moving closer. "I'll give you a push, but you better let me get the best broom after helping you out."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back