OOC First Name
Jess S
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Wand
Straight 9 Inch Whippy Elm Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
Kia wasn't sure why she'd wanted to come. But with Zelda's help and encouragement, Kia actually had a costume. She was admiring the decorations, looking around to see if she could spot anyone she knew. She felt oddly nervous, more vulnerable than she had in a while. She was completely blaming it on Zelda making her go soft. She bit her lip, tucking her hair behind her ear and looking around the room, trying to figure out what she wanted to do.

Natalia was wearing a costume quite a bit out of her comfort zone, but she hadn't known what else to put on. She carried the basketball under her arm as she walked around the great hall, though it wasn't exactly practical. She stopped to shift it to her other side, then looked up to see Kia Sorens standing nearby. She had talked to the girl a few times in the past, but they weren't exactly friends. "Hello." Natalia said as she caught her eye, she could at least be polite. "I like your dress."

Kia was surprised to be approached, but offered a hesitant smile. "Thank you. I like your jacket," she returned the compliment, hoping it sounded right. "It's Natalia, right?" She asked hesitantly, not wanting to get it wrong.

Natalia smiled back at the older girl as she complimented her. Natalia shrugged slightly, touching the material slightly. "Thank you." She said. She was a little frustrated when the girl didn't know her name, though she knew it was on her for not socializing much. The polite thing to do was to pretend she didn't know her name either, so she wouldn't be embarrassed, but Natalia didn't feel like it. "Yes, and you're Kia." She said.

Kia nodded, pleased she had it right. "Yes, you're one of the fifth year prefects." She gave the girl a smile. "How is your night? The decorations are nice," Kia made an attempt at small talk. She wasn't used to trying to be friendly. She just hoped it worked properly.

Natalia nodded as the girl said she was one of the fifth year prefects, though it was still a title she was getting used to. She guessed Kia had been paying some attention, as she obviously wasn't wearing her prefects badge right now. "It's alright so far." She said with a small shrug, not wanting to mention it was already better than most of the events she attended because she was actually talking to someone rather than spending the whole night by herself. She glanced around. "It seems a bit different than usual." She commented. "There's no big tent this year." She said though Natalia couldn't say she missed it especially.

Kia nodded, pleased that she wasn't completely messing this up yet. "It looks a bit creepy, but it's nice," She offered. "The fog is a good touch. It really adds something nice, you know?" She brushed her hair back behind her shoulders. "Some of the costumes here are pretty good, what do you think?" She asked, looking back at Natalia.

It was hard to quell the feeling that school events like these weren't a huge waste of time. Brooke was always convinced she could be doing something better with her time and yet every year she still forced herself to at least put in an appearance. She didn't know why she was still bothering this year but after missing the Valentine's Dance last year she felt more compelled to at least try to relax.

She'd drifted around the hall some before spotting Kia and Natalia, doubletaking at Natalia's bare mid-drift for a moment before moving to join the two girls. "Good evening. You both look nice," she said, adjusting some of the fluffier pieces of tulle near her face as she greeted them, pointedly keeping her eyes clear of staring at Natalia's stomach. "The hall's a bit different this year, isn't it? I've got to say I'm rather curious about the forest."

Natalia smiled a little wryly at Kia's comment about the fog. "I suppose the fog adds to the atmosphere, though it also makes it easier to ignore the gaudy costumes some people are wearing." She said, tucking some of her hair behind her ear. "Some of them are pretty good, though." She added, agreeing with Kia's comment after a moment of consideration. She grinned despite herself when Brooke joined them, glad to see the older girl. "I'm pretty curious myself." She admitted. "I like your costume." She added, taking in Brooke's appearance. She looked really nice in dark colors like that.

Kia was surprised when another girl joined them, smiling a bit shyly at the new addition. "Hello. Brooke, right?" Kia clarified. She was unsure what was going on, but she was willing to play along. "The forest does look interesting. Do you guys want to go check it out?" She asked, looking between them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back