Drawing a tree

Kit Hartley

Kit scowled at the pencil held loosely in his hand. It was refusing to put the lines down the way he wanted them in his sketchbook; the tree he was attempting to sketch didn't look like an oak at all. With a heavy sigh he picked up the eraser sitting in the grass beside him and rubbed out an uncooperative line. Usually Kit was great at drawing trees, flowers and the like. But today was just not his day. Maybe he should just give up and try some other time. Kit threw his sketchbook and pencil down beside him and flopped exasperatedly onto his back, looking up at the clouds swimming lazily across the blue sky. He wished he had something more interesting to do.

Sephora walked across the lawn.
Today, she was incredibly bored - She couldn't find Sam, and she wanted to avoid Maria after what happened.

Looking around, she saw a young boy trying to draw a oak tree then threw his sketch book aside.
Having a passion for drawing herself, she walked up to him and picked up his notebook - there were a few lines and a few smudges from rubbing out;
"Hi there...I couldn't help noticing, but this isn't as bad as you think it is." She smiled at the boy who was gazing at the clouds. She couldn't help but look up as well.

Kit jumped as a girl spoke (well, as much as it's possible to jump when lying down). He struggled into a sitting position and gazed up at her curiously. She was holding his sketchbook, and looking at the sky like he'd been a minute earlier. "Uh... Thanks," he said, blushing. "I can usually draw better than that, though." He smiled back at her. "Do you draw?" He asked.

Sephora blushed as she gave back his sketchbook;
"Well...I try too, I'm not really that great at it though." She knelt down beside him and got out a sketchbook that was in her bag.

"Lets see..." She flicked through the pages of her Sketchbook and came across a picture of a Sparrow - it was delicately drawn and the sparrow gave a small trill as it hopped along the page - "See, the beak is a bit lopsided" She pointed to it's beak - the beak was a bit out of proportion as the sparrow tried to her nibble her finger (but failing to do so).

"Sorry, that must have been really rude me to interrupt you from your thoughts...I'm Sephora" She gave a small smile at the boy.

Kit giggled as the sparrow jumped around on the paper. He still wasn't used to the way drawings moved about in the wizarding world. He hadn't yet brought himself to make any of his move. "It's so cute! I'm no good at birds. The heads always end up a funny shape."
He smiled and shook his head as she apologised. "It's okay, I was just wishing I had something to do anyway. I'm Kit. What house are you in?" Kit was pretty sure that Sephora was a first year like himself; she looked about his age.

Sephora ran her hand through her hair;
"...Hufflepuff....I know everyone says it's a lame House." She blushed and gave kit another shy smile.

Before the situation got even more awkward (or so she thought), she changed the topic and smiled at him;
"So, how long have you been drawing?...I can tell your really good." As she nodded towards the sketchbook.

((Laaammme post I know xP))

Kit smiled. "It's not that bad... I'm in Ravenclaw." He felt the usual surge of happiness that he had been deemed intelligent enough to be placed in his house.
When Sephora asked him how long he'd been drawing for, Kit had to stop and think. "Umm... I think I've always drawn stupid stuff, but I went to lessons about two years ago." Kit blushed at her compliment. "I'm not that good... You are, though!" He really did like the sparrow.

((better than none XD))

Sephora smiled and laughed;
"Me, Good?...Noo, you are - you've been to lessons - I just pretty much self taught my self...so, the results aren't always as great as I would like it to be." She smiled and gazed at his notebook.
"However, if you drew your line like so..." She got out her pencil and started sketching a line of the branch of what he was trying to draw, "You'd find it it easier to draw that branch there" She pointed to a slightly angled branch above it.

She blushed as she put her pencil down;
"Then again - you can draw it however you want...this is just me being a bit nosey" She scratched her head.
"I really have got to stop interfering with people's businesses."

"Yes you are! You don't need lessons to be good at drawing. I just went for something to do, really," Kit said with a chuckle.
He watched her add in a line to the drawing with interest. Shifting his gaze from the drawing to the tree and back, he beamed. "Hey, thanks!" He picked up his own pencil and placed the tip on the paper. "Now I can draw that one... And that other one beside it!" Sitting back and looking at the drawing again, it looked much better. "In this case, it's good nosey," he laughed.

Sephora grinned as she watched him draw the tree branches.
"How are you finding Hogwarts so far?" She asked while she rummaged through her bag for a pencil.

"I might as well draw if I'm with another artist...which is hard to come by right now" She thought.

"Aha, here it is" She took out her pencil from her bag and started gazing around trying to find something to draw.
"The problem with this school...it's too picturesque that I have no idea what to draw"

Kit added a few more lines. "It's pretty fantastic," he said with a huge smile. "How about you? I've heard about a bit of trouble in Hufflepuff, but I don't really know what's going on with it..."
As Sephora pulled a pencil out from her bag, Kit nodded. "Yeah, I don't want to draw anything that doesn't do it justice... It's easier at home," he said with a chuckle.

Sephora smiled as she gazed around some more, looking for something to draw;
"It's not too bad...Homework is a bore though" She giggled.

Sephora blushed as he told her about some sort of trouble that happened in her house;
"Yeahh...Maria Madison. She's having trouble settling in to our house...our welcome party for our year group turned disastrous after the head boy turned her hair green and she ran into one of the fake doors in our common room...and then we kinda-- " had a massive fight in front of the whole school "--had a...misunderstanding in the Entrance Hall...and landed us both into the hospital wing." She blushed as she quickly busied her self drawing the nearest thing to her - which was a sparrow, thinking that the word 'misunderstanding' was a understatement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back