Drage Herrogard

Valcan was quite astounded as Estrella embraced him around the waist and then pulled back, unsure for a moment what to say. He didn't remember ever hugging his kids in such a loving manner, and did not hold kids, of course, unless they were infants.

"I'm sure you're well mannered enough," he replied, forcing a grin. "Yes, there are house elves- Persephone!"

At once, a skinny but nourished female house elf apparated at his side, her expression determined and wary of her master. "You need my assistance, Master Valcan?"

"Yes, Persephone- This is Estrella. She is my granddaughter and I figured that you two should meet each other. If she needs help with anything, please do so. But otherwise, Persephone, you may return to whatever you are doing." If he had learned one thing from his father and passed it on to his own children, it was to be courteous to house elves- They did much better in their job, and they lived longer, to boot.

The house elf bowed deeply, her voice high pitched and on the verge of squeakiness, "It is my pleasure, Miss Estrella. If you ever need me, just say my name and I will be there."

With another low bow, she disapparated to finish tidying up the kitchens, several floors below.

Valcan turned back to Estrella with a reassuring smile. "Like I said, if you need anything, you can find Persephone or me. I will be gone every now and then, as my job pertains. But Joshua should be sticking around for a few days." He started to turn away, and then remembered something. "Oh, and if you're planning to go outside, away from the castle, I mean, make sure someone is with you. The wilderness around here is not patrolled, and occasionally there will be a dragon or two making their home in the mountains."

With a smirk, he left the room, feeling extremely satisfied with himself. He had Estrella, for the time being, anyways.

Making sure that Valcan had already long gone, Estrella jumped on the bed, pressing a pillow to her face and squealing in joy into it, excited for a multitude of reasons. For once, she would have a stable place to be- She loved Carlisle and all, but as a witch it seemed much easier to be living with people of her own kind.

She sighed as she turned onto her back, staring at the canopy of the bed and feeling like one of the luckiest people in the world. Her friends may not be here, but she had a castle to explore by herself!

She rummaged through the closet, absolutely loving the fancy wardrobe and figured that later, she would change into something more accomodating than her t-shirt, jeans and sneakers for the fortress. For the time being, however, she was going to relax, opening the heavy window-doors that lead to the balcony.

She nearly sprinted to the end of it, absolutely loving the view and curling her chubby fingers around the railing, after a time gazing down into the lazily churning moat water.

fortress_lake8.jpg

She didn't know whether to take Valcan seriously about dragons, but decided that she better not chance anything and simply follow his advice. He seemed like a pretty decent guy, and she didn't want to upset him in any case.

She craned her neck, gazing up at the sky and feeling absolutely elated. She knew that she was going to love it here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back