Dozing Off...

Theodore Snow

OOC First Name
Jessye
Wand
Hawthorn Wand 13" Essence of Serpent Scale
"I hate books." Theodore muttered before he slammed the book that he had been trying to read for the past hour. It seemed that no matter how much he pushed himself to read further, his body just seemed to get more tired by the minuet.

Theodore roughly pushed the book away from himself and placed his head on the desk.

[/i]'Guess a small nap wouldn't hurt..'[/i] Theodore thought as he slowly let his eyes drift shut and soon he found himself in a peaceful state of slumber as he slept on a random desk inside the library.

It was her first trip to the library. She walked up and down the rows, scanning the many books and taking some ideas on what she would like to read in the future. Stopping at a particular interesting book, she heard heavy breathing close by. Glancing around the edge of the row, she noticed a boy asleep with his head on a book, she took a step closer, then thought better of waking him. She went to round the corner again but smacked straight into the bookshelf, a few of the top books scattering to the floor, creating quite a lot of noise. She cringed and slowly turned back to the boy, hoping the noise hadnt woken him.

Theodore was in the middle of a pretty good dream when he heard a loud noise that immediantly pulled him out of his dreamland. Carefully cracking one eye open Theodore looked at the girl before lifting his head and yawning.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

She winced as the boy spoke. "Trying to be quiet, sorry i woke you." She turned towards him slowly an apologetic look on her face. She stood awkwardly for a moment, before she began replacing the books on the shelf.

"Well you wern't doing a very good job." Theodore teased with a small smirk on his face. He had to admit that she was pretty cute, even for a Gryffindor. Theodore also noted that she must be a first year or a transfer student because he hadn't seen her around much.

"What yera are you?" Theodore asked curiously.

She let out a light laugh and placed the last book on the shelf. Glad the boy wasnt angry. "Sorry again." A slight blush tinting her cheeks. "Im a first year, yourself?" She guessed he was older, but not by a lot. She hadnt seen him in any classes or anything, but he didnt look that much older than herself. She picked up a peice of her hair and started to play with it distractedly. "Oh, Im Taylor by the way, Taylor Mercer."

Theodore smiled to himself when he found that he was correct and the girl was obviously a first year.

"I'm Theodore Snow and I'm a second year." Theodore said knowing that the girl might not know his name. "You might have heard of my cousin Alyssa Snow." Theodore figured that she might know who Alyssa was. Seeing as almost everyone knew who she was.

"Nice to meet you Theodore." She smiled slightly. Second year, so she was pretty correct in her judgement. Taylor thought about the name for a minute, still playing with her hair. "No I cant say i know her." She thought hard for a second time, but to no prevail. Wow, someone she hadnt met. She chuckled lightly.

"That's pretty shocking. Alyssa has a pretty big mouth, so a lot of people seem to either have heard of....or have had an unfortunant run in with her." Theodore had to admit that his cousin could be quite scary when she was angered. Even if most of the time she was usually sweet and friendly.

"So, how are you liking Hogwarts so far?" Theodore wondering if the first years were having a better time than he had been having his first year.

Taylor laughed. "No i havnt met her, i take it she's in Slytherin too then?." She nodded towards his green robes. Looking up she noted that now the boy had woken up he had the nicest eyes. She looked away firmly and answered his question. "Hogwarts is ok, i still dont know about it." She said absently, her eyes going over the rows of books, that were now not in correct order sinse she put them back.

Theodore nodded and fully understood and watched the girl begin to fiddle with the books.

"Yep Alyssa's a pureblooded Slytherin just like I am. We look so alike it's almost like we wereborn as twins." Theodore wondered if their parents or family ever noted the resemblance between them as well. Shrugging the thought away Theodore yawned again before he answered;

"Ah, don't worry. I'm a second year and I'l still not sure about this school. I still don;t even have many friends." Theodore said quietly.

Smiling she trusted herself to look back at the boy. "Yeah, i have a load of friends, but almost all of them i cant really trust, you know?" She tried to say casually. She had never discussed this situation that really bothered her with anyone. She didnt know why she trusted Theodore, something about him made her say what she was saying. "Im hoping things will get better as time goes on." She distracedly began to look at books again. Although she wasnt taking in anything.

"Your very smart." Theodore said calmly before he stood and grabbed the book he had been trying to read from before he fell asleep. Theodore stuffed it in a random shelf.

"You never know who might go behind your back and try to ruin you." Theodore scowled while thinking of what Isabella had done to him and his cousin.

"Your a Gryffindor right?"

"I suppose." Taylor said evenly. She didnt want to think like that, but obviously this boy had been through something that made him not trust people. She thought she better not ask.

She smiled proudly. "Yup. Although there was a part of me that always wanted to be in Slytherin. It would keep me on my toes, you know? But on the other hand Gryffindor is a friendlier environment." She said thoughtfull, drawing her bottom lip into her mouth to chew on.

//Sorry about taking so long. :doh: //

Theodore snorted. This girl was dead on that Gryffindor was a far easier enviroment to live in. They were usually friendly and did many things to help people. While Slytherin's tried to ruin anyone whom they felt could not hold their own weight. Even if it was their onw friends.

"You got that right. Not all Slytherins are pure evil though. Everyone just views us like that." Theodore knew he was mean. But that was because he wasn't really close with anyone. He was usually really funny and nice when he was around Alyssa and Henri.

"But I guess I can be pretty mean, so I'm not gonan lie and say that all Slytherins are nice. Because were not." Theodore chuckled.

<<Thats kay :p >>

Taylor gave Theodore a gentle smile. "You dont seem that evil." She laughed, not all Slytherins were. There was Beau and Theodore and Toni was shaping out to be a nice person.

"Yeah i know," She let another laugh escape her. "Some Slytherins arent very nice people, but then again not all Gryffindors are nice. Houses are just stereotyped." She shrugged and decided to take the seat next to Theodore, because her legs were starting to tire of standing.

"Being streotyped is really big in the first three years. But as you get older you kind of lose that." Theodore shrugged. His knew his family dispised anyone but Slytherin Purebloods, but he was young. And he didn't really care.

Taylor knew it would be like that. There are stereotypes whereever anyone goes. "Yeah, it figures. Oh well." She gave a small shrug. "It happens in muggle schools as well." Thinking back to hers. She was so glad to finally be with people like her.

Theodore's eyes widened in confusion.

"Wait...muggles have schools too?" Being raised in a Pureblooded Wizarding family made Theodore know veeerrry little about Muggles or anything that had to do with them.

"Of course." Taylor said with a smile, she was used to explaining things to wizards and witches about the muggle world. Taylor was pretty lucky to know about both. "They need an education too. Although their schools are alot different to this one." She chuckled lightly, leaning back in her chair.

"What do they learn if they're not taught magic then?" Theodore knew that or course muggles didn't know magic, but what in thw world did they learn?

As much as Taylor had been asked to explain she never thought she would be telling someone what people learnt in school. It was weird for Taylor to look at the world as though it was divided and really it was, but at the same time everyone is still living in the same place. "Well, they learn Maths, the history of their world, their government, science... All kinds of things." Taylor said awkwardly, not really sure how to go about it.

Theodore's eyes furrowed in confusion. He couldn't understand how people could ever manage to live without magic in their life. But then again, he bet muggles wondered if magic even existed.

"One more question...how do they get to school?" Theodore asked with a small smile on his face.

A grin reached Taylors face at Theodores confusion. It would be like telling a muggle that wizards go to school and learn how to fly. Strange, she had never looked at it like that. Taylor laughed at her thoughts and then answered Theo's question. "They use cars, which are.. umm." She furrowed her brow in thought, she didnt know how to explain what a car was. "Well, i dont really know how to explain what they are, but they also walk. Depending on how far they live from their school i guess." It was harder than she thought it would be to explain what seemed to natural to her.

Theodore laughed.

"Sorry about all the questions. But I come from a pureblood family and thy refuse to even speak about muggles in my family." Theodore shrugged. He didn;t really care about muggles, but it was still interesting to hear how different their lives was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back