Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
undefined
Wand
Bloodwood 15 1/4" Essence of Phoenix Ash
willow had been training in the arors for two years. it had been hard work physically and mentally demanding. she would often come home so tired that she would just grab some form of food and sleep. it wasn't necessarily the most exciting lifestyle except the work was exciting. all so very interesting with her skills and personality. She had hated her mum for taking her on a six month survival 'holiday' when she was ten but she hadn't until now realised how useful those skills had been. how the endurance built into her there would help her now.
After two years of hard work she had finally taken some time off for a holiday. she had booked a few nights in the taylor ski resort. her family was also coming this evening as they were celebrating her birthday tomorrow but she had decided to head down a little earlier to practice. this was this reason that she was sitting on her own putting on her snow shoes ready for her first snow boarding class. hoping that she wouldn't make a complete fool of her self. and glad that if she did stack it she at least wouldn't be seen by anyone she knew.

((hi selene :p ))

Lizzie certainly wasn't ignorant of the nature of her schedule. She knew it was a little bit ridiculous, trying to hold down as much as she did. She had so little free time these days, but every time she thought about reducing her schedule the thought made her heart ache. Leaving the Kea wasn't an option, nor was leaving the family business, especially now that Caro had made it exceedingly clear that she wasn't planning to have anything to do with it, and of course the remainder of her free time tended to go to Daisy, something she wasn't complaining about in the slightest. But it did make it hard to keep up with old faces, so she had been quite excited to spot one of her former Hogwarts teammates at the lodge, making sure she was scheduled on to teach the snowboarding class Willow had signed up for. "Hey Willow!" Lizzie said brightly as she approached, board tucked under her arm. "Long time no see! How have you been?"

((oh fudge, Selene what are you doing here? you need to go to work and raise money for your trip to Greece))

Willow looked up from fastening the boots at the sound of the name. she had been so much in her own world she had almost forgotten why she had booked into this ski resort. not that she had expected Lizzie Taylor to be her coach. "Lizzie. god it's been forever. I;m good how are you?" she said. she hadn't seen Lizzie since she had graduated. well she ad seen her, she followed quidditch after all. it was a common lunchtime discussion at work especially with half the department seeming to be former Gryffindor quidditch players. but she hadn't seen her in person. "well done in the game last week. I am glad I wasn't playing as their seeker." she said. she had watched the kea play and while she was technically a macaws fan she still supported her teammates. even at work, the Gryffindor quidditch team supported each other. especially with Lizzie and Syrus were on the team. she supported the kea too.

Lizzie grinned at Willow's question, glad her former teammate had remembered her. "I'm really good! Busy all the time, but good!" She said brightly, leaning slightly on her board. "Been working here, playing with the Kea, always something to do." Lizzie chuckled lightly, grin brightening when Willow complimented her playing. "Oh, thanks! That was a good one, they played tough." She said cheerfully, always a little embarrassed when people recognised her from her work with the Kea. She wasn't a celebrity by any means, but being as recognisable as she was was something Lizzie didn't think she would ever get used to. "What have you been up to, though? You must have graduated a couple years ago, right?" Lizzie asked, changing the subject out of curiosity for where life had taken Willow.

Willow chuckled as Lizzie said that she was always busy. she knew that feeling. long hours and intense physical work wasn't something that she was unfamiliar with even if it was a totally different field.
"Yes, it was a good game, except I lost two coffees to Jacob over it" she said. she had bet that the other team would have won but the kea got the first goal. the betts she had with Jacob weren't too serious. but a way to support and compete against each other and to keep sane in the intense training. but their bets were never more than a coffee or butterbeer.
when the conversation came back to her she smiled. she was so proud of her career, her successes even though she was so early she wasn't even officially an aura yet "yrs i graduated a hogwarts a couple of years ago. and made it into the auror training program. so training is taking up almost my whole life now" she said. the mental study was not her strongest skill so she had to work extra hard on that. and the physical training was so intense that many days she got home and almost passed out on the sofa from exhaustion. she wouldn't change it though. she lived for the intensity of it. and how much stronger she was. she had been small and athletic at school fit from running and quidditch but now, she was a whole new level of fit, and toned. she had grown stronger and muscular not that it could be seen under her coat. but she was sure it would help with the snow boarding.

It warmed Lizzie's heart even more to hear that Willow and Jacob were still friends, and she smiled fondly at the memory of having the two of them as teammates. "Least it was only a coffee." She smiled. "How is Jacob doing? I haven't seen him in ages." She added, feeling guilty for what a poor job she had done keeping up with her former schoolmates. As much as she loved them both, holding two jobs left so little time for anything else.

She nodded in interest as Willow talked about her own career path, not surprised the girl had gone into such an intense field. Willow's drive had always stood out to Lizzie, and she was glad the girl was putting it to good use. "Oh man, that sounds hard out. I'm glad it's going well, though." She smiled. "How much longer do you have in training?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back