Down by the Lakefront

Hallie Wilson

It was the day after Hallie had arrived at Hogwarts New Zealand, and since she had always been a morning person she was up before nearly everyone in her dorm! She had about two hours until classes would start, so instead of sitting herself in the Great Hall until anyone else would appear, she had decided to go out to the Lake and draw for a while, then go for breakfast. As she walked down to the Lake and plopped down at it's side she looked around her. It was amazing! She loved it at Hogwarts and told herself that after classes were finished for the day she would take a good walk around the whole place!
Putting a strand of long blond hair behind her ear she took her sketch pad and muggle pencils out of her satchel and began to look around her for drawing ideas. Hallie had always loved drawing and she did it all the time at home, she was good at it and hoped she wouldn't be the only one at Hogwarts who drew, although she doubted that very much! Finally Hal decided upon drawing tree which was leaning over the lake, its leaves rustling in the summer breeze. Taking a brown pencil she began to sketch out the trunk and branches, and before long she was adding leaves in two shades of green, then she began to sketch the land around it, a little grass and a bit of the lake.

Patricia had woke up considerably early that morning, which surprised her, Bia, Nat, Kate and herself had sat up for most of the night catching up with what they missed over the summer. She was excited to be back at Hogwarts and realising that she couldn't get back to sleep she got up and put on her uniform, thinking it would be handier to do it now, seeing as classes started again in a few hours.

Leaving the Hufflepuff common room Patricia made her way to the Great Hall. As she got there she saw that it was empty and not feeling in the mood to go to the kitchens and make her own food, she decided to go outside for a small walk to wake herself up. Patricia made her way down to the Lake, it was one of her favorite places from last year, so she thought it wise to start her year of there too.

As she got closer she saw a young girl, First Year she thought to herself, remembering the sorting ceremony the previous day. She saw the girl was on her own, so been the friendly Hufflepuff that she was she went over to her, to introduce herself. She remembered how hard it was for her lst year. As she approached the girl she said, "Hello there, mind if I join you?" with a sweet smile.

Darren was glad to have his items bought for school starting but was also bored because he had nothing else to do. He wandered out to the lawn and hogwarts garden but there was no one around and after a while he got fed up of stayin by himself.He then ventured out to the lake and seen Hallie and a girl he didnt know he walked over to them and said."Hey, how are you?" Darren then turned to the other girl and said."Im Darren, first year Hufflepuff." He then put his hand out.

Hallie had moved onto sketching out a sky when she heard a voice at her side. She looked up to see a friendly looking girl there. "Hey" She said with a cheery grin, "Sure you can join me, My names Hallie, Hal for short" She told the girl, holding out a hand. Then someone else appeared, someone she knew. "Hey Darren" Hal greeted him with a grin, "I'm fine, how are you?" She asked in return.

Patricia smiled when the girl said hello, "Hey Hal. I'm Patricia, but Pat for short if you want." She said with a shrug of her shoulders. She didn't know how she got stuck with that name, she had so many others from her muggle friends at home, but she didn't mind. It helped for her group of friends, they all had 3-letter nicknames, Kat, Bia, Nat and Pat She thought to herself. Now get one that has a 't' at the end of it for Bianca she thought.

Patricia sat down and a younger boy came to join them, "Hello there Darren, my name is Patricia." She said shaking his hand. When he said that he was a Hufflepuff Patricia gave a big smile, "Welcome to Hufflepuff, I'm in second year, so if you have any questions feel free to ask me. I'm usually around the common room a lot." She said with a wink, "Or here." She said moving her arm in a circle, to indicate that she meant the lake.

"So what house are you in Hal?" She asked the girl.

"Thanks."Darren said smiling then thought to himself. So thats Pat and Kate that i know in second year now.

Hallie grinned, "Hey Pat!" She said, she knew she had already said Hey but it was just something she always did, said Hey after she knew a persons name again! "I'm in Gryffindor!" She told Patricia, "And I was drawing that tree over there, along with a bit of the grass, lake and sky" She told Darren, laughing and pointing to the tree before hiding her drawing under her bag.

"Nope, my mum and dad went to Hogwarts Scotland but, you?" She asked Darren in return. She would have been attending Hogwarts Scotland too if they had moved to London sooner than they did!

Darren smiled and lay down on the grass."No they both went to Hogwarts Scotland."He said then looked up at the sky.

Hallie smiled at Darren, "None" she answered him. "I did have a little sister, she would be three just now, but she was premature and died two days after she was born" She told him, her voice going quiet.

(i hve a bro lyk dat in rl :( )

Libby caught up with them. "Heya, mind if i join you guys?"She smiled at them.

Libby smiled and she sat down. "Hey, er, Hallie right?" She'd seen the girl around the school a bit, and thought she knew her name.

Wherever Libby was, Larissa was bound to be nearby but staying away from any form of social activity.
Larissa sat several metres away talking to another girl who seemed to have fallen asleep.
Larissa's head would turn every now and again to look at Libby and the others chatting away.
It would be nice to join them but without invitation she felt it would be like walking in on someone weeing- Very awkward.

Darren seen Larissa out the corner of his eye and smiled at her."Hey Larissa, c'mon and sit here."He said then patted the space.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back