Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Izzy <3
Wand
Straight 10 1/2 Inch Unyielding Blackthorn Wand with Billywig Stinger Core
Olivia loved Valentines day. She always had, even when she was too young to understand what it was all about. As expected the whole day was a source of great amusement for her sister Victoria and having accidentally uttering the words I cant wait for the dance had sent the older girl into a fit of laughter. Olivia had just rolled her eyes and walked away. Olivia didn't understand how anyone could be so cynical about a day that celebrated love. Olivia had been looking forward to it, even if she didn't have anything to celebrate, or anyone to celebrate with.

The day of the dance arrived and Olivia could barely contain her excitement. Her dress hung up on the end of her bed and she was the first to go up to her dorm to get ready for the ball. A couple of hours later she emerged, prim proper and ready to enjoy herself. Victoria he damned. Olivia joined some of the Ravenclaw singletons as they made their way down to the great hall. Once inside she peeled off from the group and went in search of a drink. Sipping at her orange juice she watched the brave couples who were populating the dance floor early in the night. Olivia would dance, but perhaps when there were more single people on the dance floor.

Maddie decided that she would meet Felix at the dance this time, rather than he meeting her outside the Gryffindor common room. That way, there was less of a chance of Maddie awkwardly bumping into Lyra which was the last thing she wanted. Felix hadn't said much about the Borely Mansion incident which resulted in Maddie and Lyra arguing but she was sure that Lyra had told him about it. She grew angry thinking about what had happened, third year had been full of so much drama already. All she wanted to do was put everything that had happened behind her. Unfortunately, Lyra was Felix's best friend and there was no way that she could shake James off. Her problems with James were never ending and they wouldn't be easy to solve or to forget about.

However, she decided that she was going to have fun at the Valentines Ball, even if it meant being on her own. But it seemed that she wouldn't be completely alone because someone that Maddie hadn't expected to see at the ball was standing at the drinks table. She hadn't actually spoken to the girl before but they had noticed each other at the recent Heta Omega meeting and Maddie had wanted to introduce herself so badly. She decided that she would bite the bullet and she would go up to the older girl despite how nervous she was feeling at that moment. "Er... hi" she said breathlessly trying to forget about the butterflies that were flying around in her stomach.

The last thing Olivia had expected was for someone to approach her, let alone it be the cute girl from Heta Omega who she had been making eyes at during the first meeting. Olivia got swept up in the event especially having been named secretary, so she hadn't got the chance to introduce herself and she had regretted it since, and it seemed the other girl felt the same and was doing something about it. As she shyly said hello Olivia smiled and brushed a stray strand of of hair behind her ear, "Hi, Maddie right?" She asked. Olivia had made an effort to know the name of every member but she knew that a few escaped her. She was thankful the most important one hadn't. "You look stunning," She said, not feeling at all shy about complimenting the girl. Olivia looked around to see if she could spot anyone who looked like they were missing their date, sure this girl hadn't come to the dance alone.

Maddie beamed when she realised that the older girl knew her name. She nodded "yeah, i'm Maddie... I'm sorry but I don't know your name" she mumbled while looking at her feet. It was little embarrassing that she didn't know the girl's name in return. However, she perked up again when the older girl complimented her on how she looked for the ball. It wasn't how Maddie usually chose to dress, it was a lot darker (in both colour and style) than she was used to. But she was glad that the older girl liked it nonetheless. She wondered what Felix would say when he saw her but he didn't seem to be at the dance yet so she had more time to spend with the girl. "Do you think so?" she asked while picking the side of her dress up and swaying from side to side. "You look really beautiful too" she said returning to compliment and trying (and failing) to hide the blush forming on her cheeks.

Maddie's beaming smile was infectious and she couldn't help but smile back at the girl even when she said she didn't know her name. "Oh I'm Olivia," she smiled and placed her fingers under the girls chin and lifted her head so she could see her. "You shouldn't look down, you have pretty eyes and I want to look at them," She grinned at her. She watched as the girl picked up the sides of her dress and twirled side to side, she seemed surprised that Olivia would compliment her. "Yes of course I do, its not just the dress, youreally are beautiful," she smiled, her mind wondering as she watched Maddie twirl her dress. For a brief moment she couldn't help but wonder what it would be like to take that dress off, but she quickly snapped out of it in time to hear Maddie return her compliment. "Thank you, Olivia said as she became aware of Maddie's blush. She raised her hand to cup her cheek, she could feel the slight burn. Olivia threw caution to the wind and leaned forward, pressing her lips against the other girls.

Maddie nodded "Olivia" she repeated so she wouldn't forget the older girl's name. Although, she wouldn't have to try that hard to because the girl was very memorable. Especially since one of the first things she did to Maddie was to pick up her chin so they were forced to look at each other. She was a little taken aback at how confident Olivia was. She seemed to absorb all of Maddie's confidence and she was left feeling uncharacteristically shy and a little intimidated. Although the girl was only a year older she seemed so much more mature and Maddie was in awe of her. She let out an involuntary nervous giggle when Olivia called her beautiful. The only person who complimented her this much was Felix and it was strange to hear it from somebody else. Maddie wasn't expecting Olivia to be so affectionate, especially since they didn't know each other that well. But she found that she was more than happy to go along with it. She hadn't realised that she had been craving the attention and intimacy until Olivia gave it to her. She actually felt really happy for the first time in ages despite only talking to Olivia for a short amount of time.

Quite unexpectedly, and suddenly, Maddie felt Olivia's lips on hers. She lost herself in the kiss, it was incredible and she didn't want it to end. But she remembered Felix and instantly pulled away from the girl and clamped her hand around her mouth. She started shaking her head "oh my god!" she blurted out "oh no. Oh no, oh nooo" she whined. What had she just done? It felt so right and magical but it was so wrong, oh so wrong.

Olivia was actually pretty surprised when Maddie kissed her back, she was surprised by how much the girl seemed to loose herself in the kiss. The kiss was incredible, it felt right and if she were hazard a guess she would say Olivia felt the same way. Suddenly she pulled away and seemed to be overcome with regret. Olivia stepped back and looked at the girl in confusion, she was a little hurt. Had she been wrong, did Maddie not like girls? Was she seeing someone? Had she just read the situation completely wrong and made a fool of herself? "I'm sorry, I...I thought... I thought we were on the same wavelength, I'm sorry if I misread," Olivia said, her confidence in the situation suddenly gone. If she had just made a fool of herself by kissing a straight girl, she wasn't sure she would be able to show her face in Heta Omega again. "I'm sorry," She said a little firmer.

Maddie was horrified that she had made Olivia feel so hurt and insecure. She loved how confident Olivia was and she saw her wilt like a flower before her eyes. It wasn't her fault, she didn't know Maddie had a boyfriend and Maddie didn't exactly tell her to back off either. The whole situation was a mess and she didn't know how she was going to dig herself out of this hole. She had hurt two people by doing what she did, Olivia and Felix. Maddie went to touch Olivia's arm to comfort her but then thought better of it "No, don't be sorry Olivia. I.. we shouldn't have done that because I have a boyfriend" she explained. "I'm sorry, I should have said something. I should have..." she trailed off not wondering what she could say to make the situation any better. She felt her eyes begin to burn, all she seemed to do was cry these days. Nothing was going right for her and everything she did just seemed to make things worse. "I'm sorry Olivia" she choked before she ran out of the Great Hall and made her way up to the Gryffindor Common Room, hoping that there was no one there she would run into.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back