Don't test me, boy.

Daniel tilted his head, he had a feeling he knew why Artemis was smirking, it was because he frowned, but now she was sort of smiling, it was good enough for Daniel. He put on an even more cheerful smile, he really liked smiling, because he was a good smiler, his teeth were white and straight, so he was never worried about the appareance of his smile. He laughed cheerfully. "You're smiling!" He accused playfulling, pointing at the girl that stood before him. He decided to leave the negative thoughts of his failure behind him and focus on the positives. He decided to not address her comment on his frown, he would never admit that he was frowning, he wouldn't consider it a 'frown', more like a consideration with a small sort of downward curve. But not frown. He smiled brightly. "I love the sun, it's so bright and colourful, and keeps us all warm." He said happily, looking in the general direction so he wouldn't hurt his honey brown eyes. It was apparent that Daniel loved the sun and loved the outdoors, his body simply expelled happiness and energy.

He shrugged. He didn't think it was foolish, he thought it was more living and keeping things interesting and energising. It made things spontanious. "I don't think it's foolish, to be honest." He said simply, a small shrug rolling off his shoulders, some light pain running through his shoulder and arm. "It keeps things bright and interesting, you can't live if you are not willing to just go for it and hope for the best, if you don't do things because the cons look worse than the pros, you are not really living, in my opinion." He explained, showing his point of view once again as he allowed the girl to show hers. Daniel never dwelled on the negatives and went for the positives, he based himself on what he did right so he could do it again, he would cross off things he had done wrong and wouldn't do them again until he found a formula that worked. Like the forest, he won't go in there again until he had some more spells and knowlegde that he would not run into the centaur again, he still had a scar on his leg from the fall. He narrowed his eyes, not in an angry or annoyed fashion, more like saying: challenge accepted. The air was still, the broom was settled and he was not distracted. He would do a little better this time, though he wouldn't be flying like a pro and would still look like a first year, but he didn't care. He hopped on his broom and followed her to the bleachers. "Why are you so pessimistic?" He asked. "What happened to make you so... negative and emotionless?" His curiousity getting the better of him.

Justin Kuya sighed slightly as he tottered his way through the castle. It was his day off, from Drake. Drake had been insufferable for the past few days, Justin was close to killing him, Drake may be his twin, but that didn't mean that Justin didn't feel like killing him from time to time. But he was not angry today, even though it was hot, in fact to Justin, it was boiling. He felt like he was in a microwave for Merlin's sake! To people like his crazy cousin, Daniel, it would probably be a cool day, but Justin was dying, he was not quite sweating, but it was hot enough to give him a small headache. Since it was hot, Justin decided that some outdoors was needed, even though he had to deal with the sun and possible sun burn, he felt like going somewhere high up. But near the Ravenclaw tower was out of the question, even though the windows up there were nicer and breezier, he didn't want to run into Hazel, or Andy for that matter. He didn't want to deal with Hazel's rants about how worried she was about Andy, and he didn't want Andy super glued to him for the rest of his life. So he went towards the Quidditch Pitch, the stands were airy and they were high up with roof, which meant that it was the perfect place to go. Right now, he considered it heaven.

Justin continued his walk to the Quidditch pitch. Since this Slytherin Fourth Year could be quite lazy when it came to climbing stairs. So he summoned a school broom, considering he had yet to buy his. He mounted the broom, neglecting to look around, until he heard a very familiar voice. It had to be Daniel's voice, because Daniel's voice had a certain amount of... happy in it, it was hard to explain, but impossible to forget, and considering Justin had grown up with Daniel, he knew that voice all too well. His blue eyes darted around in searched the grounds, stopping when he saw Daniel, flying. Justin immidiately grew sceptical, Daniel couldn't fly, at all, he sucked, unlike Justin, who was virtually a natural, considering he rarely flew, though occasionally he would at him with his two fathers teaching him and his brother, but Daniel flew nearly everyday, and still sucked. He flew over quickly, Daniel looked like he was about ready to fall, he was older by several months, but Justin felt like he was his carer when they were alone, his cousin was useless. "Daniel!" He called, flying up beside him and grabbing his arm, stablising his cousin, than looking at where Daniel was looking, confusion grew on his face, very quickly and he tilted his head. He had no idea who she was, but he had seen her before, most likely. Either way, she didn't look too happy to be in Daniel's company, he didn't really blame her. "Daniel... you're coming with me." He demanded, pulling on his Hufflepuff cousins arm sternly, he hated sounding old, like he just did, but this called for it.

Smiling was not really a habit of Artemis. Usually, a blank face would do as she would walk the corridors of Hogwarts New Zealand, leaving the people surrounding her to figure out what her emotions were like. Artemis could just say that her smile was not the best of all people but hell, that did not matter in any way. For all she knew, her sister smiled the most in their family and Artemis was pretty sure that she was the one who would always prefer to be alone and to keep steady with life. A smile did not hurt though, occasionally every three hours for the day. But the problem with smiling was that it did not even help her chapped lips. It bled whenever she exposed a huge grin. Seeing blood was just a total exception for the girl especially when it was coming out from her own body. The smile on the blonde's face melted again leaving the same smirk. The left corner of her lips slowly curled upwards as her blue eyes bore into the depths of Daniel's. With her voice filled with a quiet tone she replied, "Really now? And you were frowning seconds ago." Countered the teenager as she suspected Daniel to just move the subject to her foreign smile that would appear from time to time. Unlike him though, his smile was plastered on his face making the boy look goofy wherever he went. The heat made her blonde hair feel a little cramped, making her features crumple into an expression of discomfort and irritation. When would the sun stop shedding its heat and just hide in the clouds. The reality just hit her when she was reminded that there were merely any clouds surrounding them, making Artemis a little disgruntled. "I can definitely see that." She replied with her eyes showering with disappointment with what the weather was offering to her this very unlucky afternoon. Ever since the day started, she knew she would feel a little like this, just exactly the same thing that she was experiencing with Daniel, who was her new hyperactive friend who she did not seem to get along with right away.

The comment that Daniel stated make Artemis pause for a while, as her brain processed the new information that she was giving him. Honestly, it was not information. They were rubbish things that were going in her brain effortlessly. Artemis decided to just ignore it as her brain thumped with difficulty because of the heat and their argument that was beginning to grow big. Daniel would have probably considered it as something else, but Artemis thought of this talk as a rapidly growing argument. The Slytherin looked at him again, once she was ready to answer back with a totally expected comeback. "Well, look at me now. I'm living aren't I? And my decisions are based on what I believe and so far, it has led me well through my whole thirteen years of living." Artemis knew that all her decisions came through a process that she was explaining to Daniel with such intense difficulty. The boy was quite immature for his age, whatever his age was anyways. Artemis always had a sense of maturity ever since she turned the age of eleven. She knew that girls overcome puberty earlier than the boys. By the time Artemis looked at Daniel as he was hovering on the air to answer, she opened her mouth to reply, "Then why are you -" She paused, interrupted by a Slytherin guy that she knew from the dungeons. Artemis definitely did not know his name and some said that he had a huge family residing in Hogwarts. She supposed that Daniel was one of them. Oh, the poor guy had an insane relative.

Daniel sighed slightly. He was finding it so irritating, though it did not show, that this girl couldn't see the silver lining in the clouds, the rainbow after the rain, the happiness that was in life. Sure she could probably be happy, sometimes. But that wasn't any way to live, she should be happy all the time, being happy was always nice, though he knew people didn't agree. People like this girl in front of him, people like every single one of his cousins, people like his aunts and uncles, they all thought it unhealthy to be happy. Daniel was grateful that his parents were normal, they were always happy too, just like him, so it wasn't his fault that it was second nature to be happy, he was raised like that. Though no matter how annoyed he was at the moment, he was not going to take it out on the girl, nor was he going to address the fact that he had frowned a few minutes ago, it was just once, it occasionally happened. He wasn't perfect, he wasn't happy all the time, that would be impossible, but he was happy ninety-nine percent of the time, that was good enough for him. "We are not talking about my possible frown, we're talking about your smile, which seems like it isn't used enough." He said, glancing in the general direction of the sun, when she spoke again, he got a sense that the girl didn't like the sun, how dreadful! How couldn't someone like the sun? It was so nice, warm, cheerful and just seemed perfect, except when he managed to get a sunburn, which was very rare, but it had happened once or twice in hisseveral years of living.

He crossed his arms across his chest, he decided not to comment, if he spoke, his voice would be filled with annoyance, which he didn't want. So, he held his tongue and paticently waited for her to finish her statement, his smile melting into a smirk, not quite a frown. He had gotten his annoyance under control and was about to speak, but he felt someone pulling at his arm and saying his name, he knew the voice, it was either Drake, or Justin. Logic told him that it would be Drake, he was more likely to wonder out of the castle on a hot day and go to the Quidditch Pitch, he liked Quidditch, but when he turned his head, he was met with Justin's blue eyes, not Drake's grey ones, unless he was wearing contact, which was possible, it was Justin, so that was how Daniel was going to address him. "Justin." He said, a smile growing on his face again. "What are you doing here? Isn't it a little too hot for you?" He questioned, than he turned back to the girl, and continued smiling. "This is Justin, my cousin." He explained, motioning to the annoyed looking boy beside him.

Justin groaned. He couldn't understand why he couldn't have a normal family, like other people. Why couldn't he have one father and one mother that loved each other very much? Cousins that were not either, scaredy-cats, happy-junkies or overly controlling? What spirit had he annoyed in the spirit world to deserve such a dysfunctional and weird family? Drake was okay, Justin wouldn't wish to lose his twin, but Daniel could be traded in for someone normal, Andy and Hazel too. He glared at Daniel, he was an annoyance at the best of times, he was so happy, without reason, it annoyed Justin to the limit, but he had to admit, he would rather have a conversation and lunch with Daniel than with Andy. SOmetimes he felt like picking Andy up and throwing him out of a window, he was so annoying! He was constantly going on about how horrible the world was, it made Justin depressed, his Ravenclaw cousin was just so depressing sometimes, at least Daniel didn't make him feel like the world hated him and wanted to get him, but Andy?It was a natural feeling. Than there was Hazel, words could not describ how much she irritated him, there were not enough words in any language that would be negative enough to describ his feelings for Hazel, she was even more annoying than Andy. "Daniel, to be honest, I don't care if this girl knows my name, or my relation to you." He explained. "Although I would have perferred you to not have actually admitted that I was related to you..." He added quietly, rolling his blue eyes. "But either way, you're coming with me." He finished, looking at the girl that Daniel was obviously annoying.

He felt sorry for her, how could she have resisted not shooting his cousin? He wouldn't have blame her, right now he felt like pushing Daniel off of his broom, it wouldn't be too hard, though knowing his luck, Daniel would be quick enough to grab his arm and pull him down also. Daniel was faster and stronger than him, it would be very simple to do. "I'm sorry if Daniel has been annoying you." He said, his face staying neutral, though he allowed his eyes to show his annoyance, it was too hot for him, and Daniel was radiating happiness, which was annoying him. A lot. "It's just he has this thing about befriending people.' He explained, tugging on Daniel's arm once again. "Now Daniel." He growled. He was going to drag Daniel to Hazel, she could deal with him, than he would probably go for a nap or a swim in the lake, he didn't want to hang out at the Quidditch Pitch anymore.

At instant, Artemis leaned forward to defend her rare smile or grin, whatever Daniel wanted to call it. It was more of a grin though. Perhaps her chances of winning this was getting lower and claiming that her smile was indeed rare would make her even lose more. Artemis rolled her eyes softly and her lips opened to respond. "Hey! It's used occasionally. Unlike yours that appeared every five seconds of your life." The blonde's comeback was totally prepared out of honesty. Hurting Daniel's feelings were not really a thing that she cared about right now. The blonde looked at him with her blue eyes radiating with irritation. He may be older, but she did not give a damn about that. Artemis reflected on herself and just thinking about Daniel's statement wanted to make her sit alone. She smiled occasionally, but only if the reason was valid and indeed a necessary action. When the hyperactive boy remained silent, Artemis suppressed a moment of triumph that wanted to explode from her chest. The feeling was lovely after winning over. But when his lips curled into a smirk, that was when Artemis caught herself, off guard. "So... Got anything to agree with? Or perhaps disagree, if that's what you want." Replied the blonde to the wizard in front of her. His silence was a hope of the joy for the blonde. Artemis looked at him, tipping her head to the side very slightly that it was barely visible to Daniel.

When the blonde guy arrived on the air, just hovering in front of Artemis, she smirked as he replied to Daniel. As she watched them both, she shifted her position on the bleachers. Sitting down comfortably, Artemis looked up at both relatives and melted her smirk into a curious expression. So, the guy was his relative? Then it was confirmed! Artemis looked at them as she butted in when the silence filled the air again. "Ooh, a cousin. I just saw him frown a while ago," Hummed the Slytherin jovially for the first time as her blue eyes twinkled with amusement. Artemis nodded when she learned that his name was actually, Justin but did not even make a move to tell her own name. Looking from left to right, the flying of the Slytherin was much more better than Daniel's. He was rather natural unlike Daniel who had difficulty with just balancing himself. Artemis casually shrugged, secretly glad that Justin came in between them to actually, shut the guy up! "Whatever. I managed to resist leaving him. He would have followed me back to the common room." Artemis looked at Justin then to Daniel, with her lips curling upwards. This was just a lovely movie that she was witnessing. The thought of having this guy as a relative, neither it was distant nor close was something she could not bare all her life. The Slytherin remained silent though, whenever Justin acknowledged her. When he continued to tug Daniel to the ground, she spoke casually again. "I doubt you'd be able to drag him to the ground. I tried stopping him to fly, but he was too persistent." Artemis did not make a move from the bleachers as she said this. Her blue eyes stared into Justin's, immediately knowing that he too was irritated by his dearest cousin.

OOCOut of Character:
So that there's no confusion, let's put it the posting order this way; Daniel, Justin, Artemis. :hug:

Daniel rolled his eyes, so what if his smile was basically a permanent feature on his face? It was a nice feature, he was a good smiler, so he smiled often. It also felt nice to smile, he hated frowning, it wasn't fun and people would always ask him if he was dying, because he never frowned, he had a reputation for being unimaginably happy. "It's better to be known for smiling than to be known for frowning." He countered, his stubborn side showing through as their conversation carried on. The warmth of the day was starting to disappear, and with it was Daniel's energy, he really was a daylight and warmth person, though it was still bright outside, it was starting to cool down, he wasn't sure if he liked it or not. He liked being energetic and warm, but he liked to relax too, though he never allowed anyone to find him relaxing, he still liked to do it. He also liked sleeping, he was a teenager, of course one of his favourite activitys was sleeping. Daniel had no idea why she was getting irritated, he wasn't getting irritated, slightly annoyed, slightly tired, but not irritated, not at all. Some people were just confusing. He continued to smirk, not quite smiling as it seemed to urk her in some way that he couldn't explain. He continued to remain silent, to see what she would do, it was interesting, he enjoyed to stur her because it was funny. He began to worry about whether or not he was turning evil, it made him laughed quietly to himself, he couldn't be evil, he wouldn't know how to.

Daniel watched Justin blankly as the blonde started to slowly cause his broom to drift towards the ground. It was weird, the broom listened to Justin, who was not riding it, more than Daniel, who was. It just showed that Daniel was a horrifying flyer, while Justin was a good one, but was no where near a passionate about flying as Daniel or Drake were. But either way, he thought that Justin was being very rude to the girl who-has-not-been-named, he caused him to sigh, Justin was such a downer and could be considered a pessimist, he probably was, even though his dads were quite happy people, both he and Drake could be rather negative towards anything and everything that was not them. He felt that he had to tell Justin to correct his previse statement, to one more kinder, but the girl spoke before him, seemingly not realising that Justin was being rude, or she didn't care.She seemed very happy now, as if she were trying to annoy Daniel in some way, it wasn't working, he didn't mind if Justin knew of his previous frown, he frowned often around Justin and Drake, they knew how to play him into being annoyed, they knew all the tricks.

Daniel was slightly confused, now, the girl seemed quite happy to talk, in fact, she was being more talkative than Daniel was, it was strange how at first Daniel had been carrying on a one sideded conversation, but now it was the girl. Justin didn't talk too much, not by himself, a side effect of being a reclusive, stubborn boy that relied on someone else being with him at all times. Drake had been separated from Justin when they first started school, and Justin was still acting as if Drake needed to be with him at all times, Drake had moved on, well, he was more talkative than Justin, but Justin seemed to have more people talking to him. It was odd to say the least. But with that being said, Daniel doubted that he would have followed the girl to her common room, and though he didn't want to, he allowed Justin to slowly pull him to the ground, he was confident that if he really didn't want to go down to the ground, he would have been able to stop his cousin from pulling him to the ground. He shook his head, he was sure that either Justin had the potential to befriend the girl, or he would screw it up with his horribly relient personality and manage to insult the girl, it could go either way, though if Justin continued to mildly insult the girl, Daniel was sure she would catch on and Justin would grow angry, resulting in a fight that Daniel would have to clean up, like he always did when it came to a cousin.

Justin cocked his eyebrow in curiosity. He had not spoken to the girl, not at all, but now she took it upon herself to aaddress him? It was weird, so he shot her a quick glance, to let her know that he had heard her, and then returned his attention to Daniel, but he was not saying much, which annoyed him, now he had to acknowledge the girl, by himself, as a singlular person. He wasn't in the mode to hold a conversation with just anyone, especially some strange girl that took it upon herself to continue a conversation with him, when he was obviously not a talked, considering he continued to look at Daniel, expecting him to say something. But no, not a word left the mouth of his cousin, it was his responsibility to speak and actually act like he wanted to talk to the girl. Even though he just wanted to go back to the castle, with daniel. "Daniel does frown.'' He said bluntly, in a bored and mundane tone. ''It's natural for people to frown, no one is always happy.'' He added, trying to try his luck at being nice, though it wasn't working as his tone was quite harsh and sharp, his eyes bored and tired, the frown on his pale face showing his distain for tthe situation.

Justin did not know why the girl found this situation so entertaining, it didn't make sense to him. Apparently, by the way she was acting, she seemed to be having a great time, watching him and Daniel interact in a negative way, that wasn't funny. Daniel wasn't cracking jokes and Justin wasn't pulling funny faces, they were both quite anxious and both sporting a frown of some sort, though Daniel's was far smaller than Justin's it was still a frown to the Slytherin. He signed slightly as she ccontinued to speak, was she always ththis talkative? Or was it something special for Justin? Had the sspirits decided that they would continue to ruin Justin's life? "That is why you are more persistent.'' He muttered, gripping Daniel's arm tighter and glaring ice-cold daggers in the direction of Daniel, he than looked at the girl once more, his glare still in use. He wasn't really glaring at her, rather he was too llazy to change his face for the sake of a stranger. "We're leaving.'' He announced, hoping the girl would understand that that was a sign that she should stop talking and not join Justin in his crusade to get Daniel inside.

Daniel's response shocked Artemis than what she expected. Her blue eyes narrowed slightly as she tried to think of a response and avoid the light rays blocking her vision. Artemis did not show though that she was being challenged and never did her lips went ajar. Perhaps it was the heat that beckoned her to move on and challenge the boy too, further than he expected. Millions of responses fled and went through her mind yet she remained silent for a while. As the silence stretched, she kept her cool and willed herself to answer back. It was not as easy as she expected. Her brain senses dulled themselves and her lips had a soft smirk intoned on it. What more can she say? The boy seemed to be so stubborn, just like a Gryffindor. He should team up with Alliyah very soon, Artemis said to herself as the momentary silence was ongoing. Artemis looked at Daniel all over and replied softly, her tone quiet. "Smiling like an idiot would be great." Sarcastically noted by the Slytherin. He was too much involved with happiness, thus, he never saw what was negative and what made him look silly. Daniel was to much of a optimistic guy, leaving him being a little irritative all along. Retreating back to the dungeons seemed like a good thing to do for now, saying that the heat was adding more and more to Artemis' blooming headache. Reaching the bleachers was a good thing and it made her relax more, the headache slowing down a bit. The blonde looked at both cousins now and her stare lingered on Justin for a moment. She rolled her eyes softly, not caring whether he saw it or not. It was typical of the Slytherin teenager to do that, especially on a hot weather that was beginning to kill her or make her suffer.

Artemis watched them blankly as the other Slytherin had Daniel with him so that they will be on the ground already. The blonde wondered though why the boy was helping Daniel, considering that he did not even like him. It was a curious thing to ask but she kept her lips shut anyways to avoid any questions coming out from it. Her blue eyes watched them, not answering to the other boy's statement about her persisting harder than Daniel. She wanted to train without them and gladly, the other boy was bringing Daniel down to take him away. The blonde was grateful but any remarks from him were rather sadistic and unpleasant. Artemis did not comment when the Slytherin took Daniel away and watched them as they exited the Pitch, her head not pounding hard with irritation anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back