Jess S
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Zom
Wand
12 inch slightly springy Cypress with unicorn hair core.
Zeke was definitely enjoying being on the team. After practice, he had spent some time getting back together. A hot shower, a quick run. He made his way back to the castle, feeling tired in the best way. He had to admit though, there was one thing about practice that was bothering him. He could get used to the pretty boys bad attitude, get used to how cranky red was. He had enjoyed himself... mostly. What was really bugging him, though, was how Dominic had seemed to be upset with him. It had bothered him through his shower, through his usually peaceful run, and all the way back to the castle. He made his way to the student lounge and collapsed onto a couch, pouting as he mulled it over. He was gunna need to find Dominic soon, this would drive Zeke crazy otherwise.

Dominic had been happy with how the practice went overall. The team had really found their groove in the end and he hoped it would last until their Beauxbatons game. There had been an not totally unexpected amount of bickering at first but everyone seemed to mellow out as practice went on. After cleaning up Dominic made his way to the student lounge to work on some homework and maybe some quidditch plans if he still had time. He felt so overwhelmed with school and his captain duties lately he felt he hardly had any time to relax. Dominic walked in and was surprised to find Zeke there, already sitting one one of the couches. “Hey.” he greeted. “What are you doing here?” he asked before sitting in one of the chairs next to the couch.

Zeke was surprised to actually hear Dominic's voice. He looked up, his pout growing a bit more obvious. He switched ends of the couch, propping his chin on the arm closer to Dominic. "Dommmm," He gave the boy his biggest eyes. "You aren't mad at me, are you?" He asked, sticking his lower lip out a bit. He wasn't sure why but he didn't like the idea of Dominic being mad at him at all.

Dominic was so busy taking out all of his things to study that he didn’t even notice Zeke had moved closer to him until he looked up. He blinked in surprise as the other boy whined his name and gave him a pitiful look. “Mad at you?” he asked slowly and tilted his head quizzically. “Why would I be mad at you?” he asked, confused. As he waited for an answer Dominic realized just how tired he was. Practice had taken a lot out of him and he still had so much to do before he could call it a day.

Zeke almost smiled at the way Dominic tilted his head, finding it oddly cute. Still pouting, he scooted a little closer. "I poked at pretty boy," He slunk up a bit, his butt now in the air and his chin still on the arm of the couch. "I'm sorryyyy, he was just so full of himself, it was kinda fun. Between the little guy looking scared of him and the way he and red acted like they were gunna kill each other, I thought it was kinda amusing how important he thinks he is," He moved to sit on the chair of the couch instead. "I was just goofing, I didn't mean to cause any trouble," he pouted.

Dominic rubbed his eyes to wake himself up a bit as he waited for Zeke to explain. “Oh yeah.” he said slowly, remembering the trademark bickering that seemed to be a part of whatever the team did. Was he really getting so discouraged he didn't even notice it any more? He glanced back at Zeke where he was perched on the couch and couldn’t help but laugh lightly at the sight. But Dominic wanted to take this seriously so he put on his captain face and considered his words carefully. ”I’m not mad. Not exactly. Just....disappointed.” he said and immediately wanted to roll his eyes at himself for being so cliché. “I know it can be hard to focus when Eli and Adam get going and it’s even harder to not to join.” he explained. “I guess I just hoped the new folks on the team would be able to resist getting sucked into their drama.” he finished with a shrug.

Zeke perked up for a split second when Dominic said he wasn't mad, but his demeanor dropped just as quickly when Dominic said he was disappointed, his pout worsening. He hopped over the edge of the couch, sitting cross legged at Dominic's feet. "I'm sorryyyy," He whined, giving the other boy his biggest eyes. "I thought it was part of the game," He pouted, inching a little closer. "You know, friendly trash talk and all that. I didn't mean nothin' by it, I won't do it againnn," He promised, his lower lip stuck out as he scooted closer, stopping as his knees touched Dominic's legs. He leaned in, his chin just hovering above Dominc's knees. He was very nearly in the other boys lap but Zeke found he didn't care in the slightest. He was too busy pouting and seeking Dominic's approval for the thought to even cross his mind that he might be invading Dominic's personal bubble.

Dominic looked back to his books but only for a moment, until he noticed Zeke had left the couch completely and was now sitting at his feel. He let out a nervous laugh, not sure how to react with the other boy being so close to him. “I know.” he stammered out before clearing his throat. “And I think for most teams playful jabbs are a good thing. But, these guys tend to take it too far or too personally. I don’t know.” he said sympathetically. He really did feel bad that the team couldn’t have a normal dynamic with Eli and Adam’s egos taking up so much space. When anything could set them off it was hard for playful teasing not to turn into someone getting their feelings hurt. “They almost broke out into a full on fight last year.” he admitted with a sigh and rolled his eyes, remembering the shoving match they got into at last year’s sore loser party. Dominic looked back to Zeke who was pouting so hard it was kind of funny. He smiled. “Next time...just try and keep it civil. I know it’s not exactly fair but it’s probably for the best.” he said with another shrug, before reaching out at patting Zeke on the head since it was practically in his lap.

-godmod approved-

Zeke kept pouting, not really caring that he couldn't poke at the other boys. He almost laughed at what Dominic said, not surprised that the two boys had tried to fight. He relaxed when Dominic patted his head, sighing and setting his head down on the boys legs. "I don't mind playing nice," he promised softly. He sighed again, lifting his head to smile at Dominic. "Whatcha doing, anyway?" He asked, glancing to Dominic's books.

“Good.” he said, sounding relieved knowing he didn’t have to worry about Zeke adding to the already tense team dynamic. Again he felt bad that he couldn’t seem to get the guys to work together even for practice. But it wasn’t like he could trap them in a room until they got along, he had tried that last year when he made them clean the locker room but that hadn’t helped at all. He just hoped whoever he passed the team to next year would do a better job. Dominic laughed again at Zeke who seemed to take his head pats as an invitation to get more comfortable. Without thinking he started to play with his hair absentmindedly after he opened his book to start studying. “Oh this?” he asked without even looking up. “I have a transfiguration exam tomorrow and I was so busy getting ready for practice I haven’t studied at all.” he explained. He was usually better at managing time but with everything going on he hardly had any time these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back