Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Wand
Mahogany, 14 1/2", Essence of Demiguise hair, Bendy
Lily dropped off the essays at Professor Styx's office, then quickly skipped off to the pitch. She was hoping that by the time she got there, the razor burn on her face would have faded. Heading into the locker room, she took her things out from her locker and headed out to the pitch. The late afternoon was perfect. Not windy, not too sunny. Just perfect.

She walked over to the team benches and sat down. Checking over her broom, she malinde a few adjustments to it while getting ready to hit the air.

Crispin inhaled the cool sweet scent of the early afternoon air. Spring in New Zealand was so different yet in some ways simliar to that of back home. Unpredictable weather, followed by clear skies then maybe a dash of rain dumped on their heads as they raced toward class. He found himself loving the countryside more and more. Today had dawned nice and if not completely sunny, at least dry. Wind was a little rough and he was sure once broomside it would be choppy.

Eyes narrowed against the hazy glare from the sun as it bounced off low clouds, he spotted the lone Ravenclaw sitting at the very bottom of the bleachers. Nerves battled within him. What was the worst that could happen? Broken bones mended within hours. Deal with it Cold. Approaching her, he found a small grin upon his face before he knew it was happening.

"Hey Lily."

Lily looked up when she heard a voice next to her. Looking up with a smile, she took in the guy before her. Crispin was tall, well built and quite attractive, but the pull was just not there. She could not feel anything romantic for him. Such a relief.

"Hey Crispin," she responded. "I was able to borrow you some gear from a friend." She motioned to the rather strange looking bag. "I figure we really only need goggles and gloves today. I also grabbed you a broom." She didn't want it to seem like she was taking pity on him, but she knew he had to be going nuts not having his own things. She pulled on her gloves and stood up. She was simply dressed in a pair of chucks, jeans and a hoodie. She placed her goggles on her head, ready to pull them down when Crispin was ready to take to the air. "You ready yet?" she said with a smirk, sticking her tongue out at him to show she was joking.

Crispin opened the bag she gestured to and couldn't contain the chuckle at the obviously feminine bag. "Nice bag," he commented, trying to keep a straight face as he slung the goggles over his head and pulled on the gloves. They both fit nice but he'd need his own soon. The broom's handle was smooth with just a few gouges in the wood. He ran his hands down it to create enough friction for a solid grip in the air. "I'm ready," Crispin's mouth quirked. "And Lily," he paused, "thanks again."

Lily closed the distance between her and Crispin. "Not a problem, Crispin," she replied with a genuine smile on her face. "I'm glad we can get up in the air for a while. It's one of my favorite places to be." Standing right in front of him, holding her Streak in her hand, she smirked then kicked off quickly, reaching out and tapping Crispin on the arm. "Oh and did I mention I like to play tag? YOU'RE IT!" Lily laughed aloud and took off down the pitch, watching over her shoulder to see just what Crispin would do.

Crispin slung the goggles over his head to circle his neck. As he pulled the gloves on, flexing his fingers within the leather, he spotted the bag. Wisely he didn't comment on the eclectic thing. His lips quirked and he shook his head. House pride, taken to a new level. "I can't wait," he answered her honestly, even though his stomach flipped. Her hand on his arm set him to laughing. A childish move, a childish game, long ago played and since forgotten.

Her laughter taunted him as much as it drew him to follow her, like those foolish lemmings to the tune of a pipe. Would he fall over the edge of a cliff? Coward. His teeth gritted even as he ran after her to follow her into the skies. Once hesitant, the Slytherin pushed forward. Crispin ran the length of the bleachers, his trainers slapping solidly against the hard wood. It was now. It was in his blood, the run, the fight, the flight. He lunged, yelling, his feet pushed off the edge of wood and for one glorious moment he was air born, he could fly. Then gravity pulled him down, he shoved the broom under him and suddenly he was reborn.

For years he had been held back, kept in the dark. Trodden on, beaten down, kept in the dark until the boy he once had been had become shrouded in blackness. His blossoming soul had shriveled until all he fed upon was bitterness and what ifs. Today, as a spirited girl led him, he cracked through. The Crispin he'd once been, the fierce young boy who had cried out in his cage, rattling it for years, broke free. He yelled hoarsely as he kept going up, up, up, impossibly higher, tears streaming down his face.

Crispin slowed, the air thinned, and the seventh year hovered, limbs shaking. He threw his head back and felt again that glorious feeling of absolute freedom. Of love. Of wanting being fulfilled. The sky was a fiery red haired girl, the wind her kiss, the weightless beauty of flying her embrace.

Lily was a bit suprised when she suddenly heard the yell from behind her. Whipping around with her broom, she watched as Crispin took to the skies like he had never left. She watched as instead of playing the game, he climbed and climbed. Soon he was hovering above the pitch. Lily flew up to him, wondering exactly what was going on with him.

Hovering next to her friend, she had swung around so she was face to face with him, her broom next to his. She noticed the tears on his cheeks and was surprised. "Are you okay?" she asked softly, placing her hand on his arm.

Crispin unabashedly wiped the tears from his face. He turned a face lightened by realization, by enlightenment, to Lily. "I'm great." He managed to get out in a surpringly strong voice. And as he looked within himself, he realized it was true. For the first time since coming to this land, he knew he would be okay. He was free to do as he pleased, free to make a life for himself wherever he chose to. No boogeyman in his closet, no monsters lurking under his bed. Crispin was a man grown and he was in charge.

Happiness flooded him.
"I believe this would be-tag!" He swiped Lily's arm before pulling backwards with his broom to back roll into a dive. His laughter, infectious, taunting and most of all, boisterously loud, trailed behind him.

Lily was suprised to see him wiping away tears, and then to be so happy? When he tagged her arm, Lily couldn't believe it. "Oh you little SNAKE!" she yelled in laughter after him as he dove away from her laughing. She wondered exactly what was up with him. Crispin was a Slytherin, but would he fake tears just to get her in tagging distance?

Taking off after him in a dive, Lily shook her head and lowered herself to the broomstick. Catching up to him easily, she flew below and just behind Crispin, hoping to be hiding in his blind spot. Following him around the pitch, she tried to keep herself inconspicuous until such time she was ready to make her move.

Dropping down closer to the ground, Lily hovered a moment, then shot up like she was chasing away from a dementor. Reaching her hand out, she stroked it along Crispin's back while she cried out "Taaaaaaag!" drawing out the word the entire time her hand was in contact with his back. With a grin on her face, she did a barrel roll and changed directions, moving back the other direction across the pitch.

Crispin marveled at Lily's flying skills. She was no ordinary Quidditch player. His eyes narrowed as her hand trailed up his back, sending chills along his skin. Her taunting actions brought out a competitive streak he hadn't felt in a long time. It felt good, he mused, barreling after her. He leaned forward on his broom, nearly flattened on it. His broom took him faster and soon he caught up with her.

Bringing his broom up high, he dived down and passed her, his hand reached out and lightly yanked at a length of hair.
"Tag!" Laughing he rolled away and brought his broom downward into a spin.

Lily felt a tug on her hair and Crispin's laughing voice. Noting his position, she turned and flew the opposite direction. She circled the pitch quickly, moving higher and higher as she flew. Diving down from the sky, she flew past Crispin in a feint, tapping his foot as she flew past. "Taaaag!" she yelled out, then laughed as she flew closer and closer to the ground. She turned her broom up just at the last minute and flew along the ground, looking for a spot to head to and spying the benches. Lily took off like a shot and flew along the benches, then turned and flew up again rising higher and higher.

Crispin narrowed his eyes like an eagle sighting it's prey after Lily tagged him again. He didn't follow her this time, instead he zigzagged until he waited for the tell tale moment-ha! Leaning forward swiftly, he covered air between them and rushed toward her, heedless of being cautious.

Just as he was about to make a spectacular tag, a gust of wind tore into him. He tried pulling up hard but it only made his broom and himself careen further out of control. Before he knew it, he had clashed with Lily then he went hurtling down toward the ground. Mercifully he blacked out after his body collided with the cold hard ground.

Lily caught movement out of the corner of her eye. She turned her head and took in the sight of Crispin flying straight at her. She moved to try to get away from the tag that was on the way when the wind hit. Holding onto her stick tightly, she compensated for the gust quickly and was about to take off when Crispin slammed into her from out of no where. Swearing loudly, Lily fell from her broom, grabbing hold of it at the last second. Holding on tightly, she swung a few times, trying to get herself back up on the broom.

Finally getting her legs up in the stirrups, she looked around for where Crispin was. She felt her heart drop as she saw his body laying on the ground. "Crispin!" she screamed as she flew furiously to the ground. Soon as she was close enough, she jumped off and hit the ground running. Dropping to her knees next to his body, she yelled his name, hoping to rouse him. "Crispin! Can you hear me? Crispin wake up!" Pulling her wand out, she cast "Enervate" on him, hoping to wake him up.

Crispin floated within the darkness, trying to fight his way back up. He sensed someone near and heard his name through the thick fog. Magic coursed over and through him, shaking him awake. Lying there he kept his eyes closed and mentally tested his limbs. Everything seemed to be within working order except for his hard head. It had taken quite the bruising on the fall and had knocked him rather silly. Air displaced near him and he recalled how he had gotten into his predicament. He was with Lily, pretty Lily, and they had been flying. He liked flying. Flying was fun. Dizzy he heard her calling to him and really wanted some peace. Perhaps some nice quiet. Maybe a cup of tea. He was hungry. His thoughts rushed around like a small silver ball in a pin ball machine.

He heard Lily move closer to him and could feel her breath brush his face. Reaching a hand up, he cradled the back of her head and brought her lips down to his. He kissed her in a dreamy, endearing way before his hand slumped down to rest on his chest. His eyes opened and he looked up at her with a goofy grin on his face.
"Hey."

Lily was scared. Crispin had barely returned to school and here he was laying on the ground, not moving, not waking up. She moved closer, when suddenly he slipped his hand behind her head and pulled her lips to his. The kiss was soft and gentle, nothing like what she had experienced only a few hours ago in the common room. It was sweet and nice and reminded her of the sweet first kisses with Blake. Her eyes closed, and she leaned into the kiss until Crispin's hand dropped from her neck. Pulling back, she stared down into his eyes and took in the goofy look on his face. "Hey yourself," she whispered. "You had me worried. If this was all to get a chance to kiss me, I could have made it easier on you," she added, giggling a bit.

Crispin chuckled and slipped an arm behind his head to prop it up. He did not think he could gain his feet yet. The fall had hit him hard though thankfully nothing was broken. He lazily tapped his thumb against his sternum. "It's the Slytherin in me Lily," he drawled, his voice a bit deeper. "When opportunity strikes," he trailed off, grinning.

Lily shook her head smiling down at Crispin. "Wow. All you snakes are just alike," she said sticking her tongue out slightly. "How are you feeling?" Lily looked his body up and down, assessing for damage done. "Is anything broken?" She didn't see any obvious breaks on his body, but she knew he would be able to tell her better that she could assess. She blushed a touch, thinking to herself that at least his lips were not broken.

"Is anything broken?" The grin faded and faltered on his lips. Just my heart. There was nothing that either one of them could do about it. His dream girl had vanished into smoke. He could not get near Andy or her well guarded heart. He told himself he was content to wait yet knew that excuse was cracking, slipping, until he knew he would have to see her. To hold her. It would be torture, for him, certainly for her, because he knew now was not their time. Someday, it had to be.

"I think everything's alright. My head is spinning a bit." Slowly he rolled himself forward to a sitting position and held a hand to his aching head. "I'm not bleeding. Nothing's broken. I didn't kill you." He recited with a grin on his face. "I'd say this was a successful experience."

"No, you didn't kill me, and thankfully you didn't kill yourself either," Lily teased with a grin on her face. Moving to her knees in front of Crispin, she placed her hand on his. "But if you do that again to me, you will wish the fall killed you." She smiled, hoping he knew that she was not completely joking.

"Yes, ma'am," Crispin murmured, not containing his grin. "I think I can get up." He gained a knee first before standing slowly. Holding his head he groaned. "Would it be unmanly if I confessed I should head back to my dorm?" His grin turned sheepish.

Lily stood as Crispin did, making sure that he didn't fall. "No, after that fall, I wouldn't think it unmanly if you went to the hospital wing," she responded, emphasizing the hospital wing. Moving next to him, she moved to put her arm around him and helped him over to the benches. "Sit for a moment, let me clean up our stuff and I will walk you back wherever you are going to go." She looked at him sternly, then continued. "And there will be no complaints from you, mister." Lily pointed her finger at him, then went about picking up the equipment, making sure to shoved Sumner's things back into the bag he gave her. Shouldering it, she took her things into the locker room and quickly put them away.

Heading back out to the pitch, she stood in front of Crispin and asked, "Ready?"

Crispin stood and walked silently with Lily as she helped him move to the benches. Sitting down rather heavily and a bit pale he managed to nod and gesture weakly with a hand that he was alright for her to do what she needed to do. His mind wandered and when she returned and asked if he were ready he stood slowly and looked at her from his higher vantage point. "Do you have a date for Halloween?" he asked bluntly, a slight frown upon his pale face. He hadn't meant to blurt it out like that.

Lily looked up at Crispin a bit shocked. "You sure you didn't hit your head a bit too hard?" she asked, wondering if he was actually asking her. She hadn't been asked out by anyone in such a long time, well, since her second year when Blake asked her out right here on the pitch. She wondered if Crispin knew him and that she was, what was the latest one she heard from the first year Slytherins walking by yesterday. Oh, yeah, she was the cheating skank that broke Zepline's heart.

Lily cocked her head to the side and waited to see how he responded.

Crispin rolled his head on his neck. "Ground ringed my bell is all." He straightened up and approached Lily. "Look. I'm not playing a game." He shoved a hand through his hair and looked down then back up at her. "I'm not going with anyone. I thought if you weren't either, we could go together. As friends," he clarified, in case him asking her out freaked her out. He didn't get why she was so surprised he had. As lovely as she was, she must get asked out constantly.

Lily looked up at Crispin as he clarified his asking her. She was still suprised. He must not be a friend of Blake's if he was asking her to go with him to the party. "I'm not going with anyone, so, yeah, let's go together. As friends." She smiled at him, and then moved to put her arms around him in a hug. "I am glad I have someone to go with."

Stepping back, she moved to walk back. "I have an idea for costumes, if you want to coordinate. I'll tell you on the way back."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back