Donna
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
In an Open Relationship
Sexual Orientation
Pansexual
Continued from Here

As soon as the girls stepped out of the Common Room, Sierra put her back against the wall, giggling and trying to catch her breath. They hadn't gone very far, but Sierra was incredibly excited. She let go of Deepa's hand, grinning at her friend. Sierra glanced around the Corridor, and made sure that no one else was around; it would be awful to be caught right when their adventure was beginning!
"Deepa, look!" Sierra exclaimed, pointing to a moving staircase. "I know we don't have mattresses, but wanna bet I can jump to the other staircase before it moves away?!"

This was the mother of all bad ideas. It wouldn't have been so bad if they were sneaking around in the darkness, but Sierra wanted to play on the stairs. Didn't professors patrol the corridors at night? It was only a matter of time before someone caught them. "What? No!" she said, horrified. "You'll break your leg, or your neck, or something. Sierra that's a stupid idea." She took hold of her friend's arm, just in case it came to having to hold her back. "Let's just go somewhere no-one will see us. Or back to bed." Why had she even agreed to come out in the first place?

Sierra looked at her friend when she grabbed her arm, pouting and furrowing her eyebrows. "You're a stupid idea." She teased back. When Deepa suggested they went back to bed, Sierra moaned. "Nooo, not back to bed! I'm even more awake now than I was before! Okay okay okay, I won't do it, you can let go of me." Sierra said, putting her hand on top of Deepa's, trying to get her to take it off.

"I know you are," Deepa said, sticking her tongue out at Sierra. After a brief hesitation she let go of her friend's arm. "If a professor comes I'm just going to run away," she warned.

Sierra responded by sticking out her own tongue to Deepa. She was so much fun! She was so happy she was her best friend. When Deepa let go of Sierra's arm, her eyes lit up and she grinned at her friend. She shook her head at Deepa's next statement. "No you're not - because they would probably join us because it's SO MUCH FUN!" Sierra exclaimed as she went running towards the stairs.
Of course, running wasn't exactly Sierra's strong point. Running on straight ground was hard enough, never mind down stairs. Moving stairs. Sierra felt her foot miss a step, and she screamed as her body tipped, and she leaned backwards to try and upright herself. Sierra felt her bum hit the floor, but she managed to get her feet out to stop her from bouncing forwards. "Owwwwwww!" Sierra exclaimed, through her laughter.

Jasper had been at school for a while now, and still he hadn't had a cool adventure at night like Rory had always talked about. When he came to Hogwarts, he had expected every night to be full of adventure. Sneaking around the castle, running away from professors, pranking other students, stuff like that. But instead everyone in his dorm usually just went to bed, and he himself had been too scared of Professor Styx to sneak out himself.

Until tonight! He had been bored all day, and now he wanted to have some fun. He was fairly sure Rory and her friends would be doing something cool at night themselves, and he was determined to find them and join them. He managed to sneak up all the way to the top floor, knowing that they were likely around their common room somewhere. It had felt less adventurous than he had imagined, and more terrifying. But he wasn't going to turn back now. On the seventh floor, he quickly heard some noises that sounded like girls laughing and having fun. He had found them! Grinning, he made his way over to the source of the sound. He rounded the corner just in time to see Sierra fall on her butt, and he laughed despite himself. He was a little disappointed not to have found Rory and her friends, but Sierra was always fun. "What are you doing?" He asked her, looking at how she had fallen on the stairs. Then he noticed another figure, and his laughter died. "Oh, hi Deepa." He said, a lot less enthusiastic. "Wait, did you push Sierra down the stairs?" He added, even though he had seen that wasn't the case. It was fun to poke at Deepa until she got annoyed with him, which usually was pretty quickly.

Deepa rolled her eyes. As if a professor would join in! Sierra couldn't really have thought that. No sooner had she let go of her friend's arm than Sierra made a run for it, though she didn't get very far before she tripped on the stairs. "Sierra!" she said, rushing to the top of the staircase to see if she was all right. Once she realised her friend was laughing, Deepa smirked. "I did tell you." At that moment another voice piped up, and Deepa whipped her head around to see Jasper. "Yeah, and I'll push you next!" she said, grabbing Jasper and attempting to pull him towards the top step. She wasn't actually going to throw him, obviously, but it was hilarious to pretend.

Sierra waved her hand dismissively when Deepa bragged about having told her so, but her face lit up again when she saw another friend join them. "Jasper!" Sierra exclaimed excitedly, pushing herself off the stairs to stand up. The staircase was now leading to a different place, but still had it's entrance where the two of her friends were, so she made her way up the stairs, laughing as Deepa grabbed Jasper. "Ooooh, I'll help!" She was a bit more careful going up the stairs this time, only tripping once, but managing to stop herself from actually falling, before she finally made it to the top.

Jasper regretted his little joke the moment Deepa grabbed him. She was pretty quick, and to his dismay, pretty strong. "No!" He yelled, shaking his head in alarm. To his horror, his voice cracked on the word. Sierra said she would help, and Jasper struggled against Deepa's grip. "Stop it! That's not funny! He yelled, not caring about getting caught. He didn't want to be pushed down the stairs, especially when they moved. What if he fell down in the middle of it switching, and he rolled off the end down to who knew where? He kicked at Deepa's shin angrily to try to loosen her grip on him.

Deepa grinned as Sierra came running up the stairs to help. This was why she loved her friend. Jasper looked and sounded like he was about to wet himself, but the Gyrffindor didn't let go until he kicked her in the shins. "Ow!" she said, pushing him away from her. "That hurt. I wasn't actually going to push you." Bending over, she rubbed at the sore spot on her leg. That was definitely going to bruise come the morning. She stood up straight and scowled. "You're such a baby, Jasper. Why are you up here, anyway? Are you stalking us?"

By the time Sierra made it to her friends, they seemed to be shouting at each other and hurting each other. Sierra frowned, but laughed at Deepa's last question. "Nooo, he probably just heard all the fun we were having and wanted to join in!" Sierra turned to Jasper with a grin. "Do you want to try jumping from staircase to staircase? It's so much fun! You can pretend you're doing parkour!" Sierra giggled, before demonstrating by running at a wall and trying to jump off of it. It ended up being just one leg slightly up and her hands pushing her off the wall, but she had fun anyway. "See!"

Jasper's heart was beating wildly in his chest, and he felt panicked even after Deepa let him go and said she wasn't actually going to push him. Then the embarrassment set in. And he huffed. "How was I supposed to know that?" He demanded, angry at her. "And I'm NOT a baby. You're a baby for making such a dumb joke." He said, pointing at her. "I'm up here because I was going to meet my cousin and her friends. They're in Gryffindor and they're sixth years and very cool." He told her, raising his chin. "And they're my friends too." He added, though it was a lie. It wasn't a big lie, as they would be his friends once they knew him. "But then I found you instead." He said, frowning. He looked to Sierra, wondering how she could be so cheerful all the time. He frowned as she said they should jump from staircase to staircase. He was all for cool adventures, but that just seemed... unwise. He snorted when she tried to jump off the wall, shaking his head slightly. "I don't think jumping from staircase to staircase is that cool. We should be looking for hidden passages, they're all over the castle." He told them, hoping he could distract Sierra from her plan this way. "I bet I could find one more quickly than either of you."

Deepa watched as Sierra made a pathetic attempt at... well, she wasn't sure what her friend was trying to achieve, but it sucked. She also wasn't particularly happy that Sierra had stuck up for Jasper. Sierra was supposed to be her best friend. Where was the loyalty? She smirked at the Slytherin's lame attempt to redeem himself. There was no way she was going exploring passages with him. If they were going to get caught, they might as well have got caught doing something dangerous instead of something boring. The mere suggestion made Sierra's idea sound a lot cooler. "No - go on, Sierra, show him you can jump across the staircases," she said. "I dare you."

Sierra's face lit up when Jasper said he was going to meet his other friends, and she quickly whipped her head around, looking for them in the Corridor. She frowned when she couldn't see them, wondering if her eyes were being silly, or if they were magically invisible. "Where are they?" She asked, before looking back at Jasper. It would be cool to meet his cousin and friends!
When Jasper said that jumping the staircases wasn't cool, Sierra pouted a bit, but was immediately distracted by looking for secret passages. She bobbed on the spot for a second, so ready to do this! But then Deepa spoke, and encouraged Sierra to jump the staircase. "Why not both!?" Sierra exclaimed, before spotting a staircase that had just started moving. Trying to be a little more careful this time, Sierra went running towards it, taking a leap just before it had completely moved away. It was such a freeing feeling, to be in the air. It didn't last very long, before the girl landed - clumsily - on the ground, needing to run a few steps before she managed to stop. She turned around to look at her friends, raising her arms in the air. "WOOHOO!"

Jasper was annoyed when Deepa didn't go along with his plan. He had thought that turning it into a competition would get her on board, but it seemed like she either understood what he was doing, or simply didn't care about secret passages in the castle. She turned the attention back to Sierra's idea, and Jasper scowled. "If she falls, I'm not taking her to the hospital wing." He muttered to Deepa. Sierra asked him where his cousin and her friends were and he shrugged. "Probably around somewhere. They have adventures at night all the time, so they could be anywhere." He said evasively. It was nice of Sierra to suggest doing both things, but predictably she then immediately got distracted by the staircase. Jasper watched with some nerves as she ran over to it and leaped. He was glad she was, mostly, okay. Though she was very loud about it. He definitely didn't want to do that, and quickly looked at Deepa. "Why don't you both try it, and I'll judge who does it best?" He asked her, raising his eyebrows slightly. "I dare you." He wondered if Deepa wanted to do this as little as he did, and he figured daring her before she could dare him was the easiest way to avoid having to try jumping himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back