Do I Want to Play Quidditch?

Arnost Zhefarovich II

Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 18 Inch Rigid Yew Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
Arnost Zhefarovich the Second was amazed on how big the school was! He walked outside to enjoy the breeze. He hoped that Vesta was enjoying the time here, seeing as she was a Ravenclaw. With his hackey sack in his hand, he walked out to the Quidditch pitch, before he stopped. He started to kick the sack around, before wondering if he should try to play Quidditch. He would love the sport, and since he was really into all sorts of sports, he was sure that he would get into it quickly. Although, he never owned a broom or even flew. So, who knew.

Fiona Smith was absolutely delighted to be within Hogwarts grounds. She loved the freedom that it offered her and she was enjoying it to the fullest. Particularly now as she borrowed, or to be more precise, stole a broom that had been her housemate's and ran out into the Quidditch Pitch. It wasn't her fault they weren't allowed to have brooms and then someone was careless enough to leave it there for a moment. She wasn't particularly sure if she was allowed to use it just yet, but then again. She knew how to use it so why not? As she ran distractedly, she failed to noticed, and she supposed she should have, the boy who was just standing there in the field.

Arnost was on his twentieth time of kicking the little sac filled with beads, but he was too busy doing that to even see a girl heading his way. Though it was from his back, so without eyes on the back of his head, he couldn't know about it. Until it was too late. With a crash, Arnost tumbled to the ground, and his toy went flying a yard or two from them. Groaning as he turned over on his back, "Ow, what happened?" He looked to see who crashed into him, before his eyes focused on a girl. A girl he definitely knew. "Fiona?" Arnost murmured, almost in disbelief. The two, with Vesta and Florence, played once in a while during the holidays.

Fiona didn't really know what a compromising position was until it hit her square in the face. She wasn't really sure what happened cause next thing she knew, she hit something, and then all of a sudden she was parallel to the ground, but not on it. In contrary, she was on top of the something or rather someone she had bumped into. "Oh Merlin, I am s-... Arnost?" she asked in disbelief, her face turning into a shade of red, realizing that she was on top of him. "I am so, so, so sorry!" she said with a squeak in her voice as she quickly scrambled to move to his side or at least get off of her once-in-a-while playmate!

Arnost couldn't resist laughing when she turned a deep shade of red. She was embarrassed! Not that he could blame her. He would have been the same way if he did that to someone. She was still squeaky too. Arnost attempted to assist her moving off of him, but it was just awkward, so he put his hand to his chest to catch his breath. "No, no it is all good. I'm not hurt or anything." Arnost sat up before fixing his long, brown hair. "I thought for sure you would have gone to one of the schools in Europe. I'm glad you are here though." Vesta would be really thrilled to see Florence here then. If she was here. He was making the assumption that she was.

Fiona could feel the heat on her cheeks and her ears even more as the boy in front of her started laughing and she couldn't help but pout at this. It wasn't that funny! But then again, she couldn't really complain considering she wasn't the one who was squished. "You sure?" she asked suspiciously as she managed to get herself to sit on the grass beside him. "I didn't want to be near the house. And besides, it'll be fun with you around," she said with a shrug though a quick thought had popped into her head. "I'm surprised you didn't mistake me for Florence." After all, a lot would mistake her for her twin. Apparently not Arnost though.

She was blushing even more, so Arnost silenced his laughing immediately. That must be making her blush. He did not mean to do that to her. He didn't want her to feel bad about crashing into him. "I'm not supposed to lie without a good reason." Arnost attempted to reassure her. Maybe this would help her some? She explained why she was here, and now it would be fun with him around. He smiled as he looked down, bashfully. "I suddenly look forward to the year now. And as far as you and Florence. Well, you are the only one that would run, at least." He paused for a moment, before he asked, "Are you gonna try to play Quidditch?"

Fiona couldn't help the small smile that had tugged upon her lips as Arnost assured her that he wasn't lying. Well, as long as he was fine then she supposed everything was fine. The petite girl couldn't help but giggle at the boy's reasoning. Perhaps, it was true, she didn't really care, however, her small giggle became a full-blown grin at the mention of her favorite sport. "Sure will! Are you gonna join me?" she asked excitedly, showing him her borrowed broom.

He smiled to when she said that she was going to play Quidditch, or at least, attempt to join. He was excited that the two would be able to play together. "Great! I can't wait to see your skills!" However, his smile soon faded. He remembered that they would not be on the same team, because they were in different houses. "But we won't be playing on the same side. I'm stuck with Hufflepuff." He thought it was lame that he could not play with his friend. He longed to be able to be on her side. Especially since he had never played before. "I also need my own broom."

This day is lacking any excitement.
Thought Silus gruffly as he headed outside the walls of Hogwarts and towards the Quidditch Pitch. He had heard Slytherin tryouts for already up and running , to his great displeasure -- he had badly desired to be sorted into Slytherin.
While he knew it would only worsen his already severe state of sullenness, he couldn't fight the urge against having a look. He sighed, spotting two students already out.

Fiona giggled at the boy for she knew that there really wasn't much to see concerning her skills as of now. "I'm not that good yet," she said playfully, after all, it was true. Her wide grin didn't falter at the least at the boy's revelation. They were in different houses. Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff. "Doesn't matter, we'll still play and maybe we can practice together! No going easy on games though," she said cheekily in an attempt to cheer him up. While it was indeed uncool that they couldn't play in the same team, didn't mean they couldn't spend time together over quidditch! "Well, you can use my broom for now," she said as she held out the broom for him to take, unaware of her housemate that had spotted them.

Silus smirked as he neared the two. On closer inspection, he found that one was a girl, from his own house, and the other, someboy from Hufflepuff.
Perhaps tormenting these two would ease his mind. He swaggered towards them and stuck his thumbs through the belt-loops of his black-washed jeans. "Oh, she likes you, Badger." He stated coldly, the smirk growing on his face.

"I am sure you are though," Arnost replied, with a smile. However, the thought of her and him practicing together just made sense. Vesta would never practice anything sporty. She would just read her books! She would never come by though. She was gracious enough to hand him her broom, and as he took it from her, he barely noticed someone coming closer. However, before he could thank her, he heard a voice. A cold one. He looked up, not fazed due to his raising. "Of course she does. I like her too! She's my friend." Arnost wrapped one arm around her in a friendly hug. "You can leave now, though." His tone become suddenly less friendly. His Zhefarovich gene was finally kicking in.

Fiona continued to grin at him like a fool, especially as he acknowledge her skill and accepted the broom. It made a lot of sense to her that they could start having fun now, although someone just had to join in an unfriendly way. Normally, she didn't mind extra company, she revelled in it in fact. But, this one, and one from her house no less was going way below. It surprised her though when Arnost had encased her in a hug. "There's really no sense in you being here anymore than you're welcome," she hissed at her housemate. If he was going to be an *ss then she might as well be a b**ch about it.

It was working. Silus' mood was improving rapidly. He grinned wickedly at the reactions he elicited from the two.
"I mean't it in a good way, I assure you." He said, sounding genuinely sincere. He moved his hands to hide inside his pockets, and began to twiddle his thumbs. "Besides, I can roam as I please. I don't see why I don't have any less of a right in being here than you two."

Arnost was impressed with how Fiona suddenly turned against the other student, who was a Ravenclaw. However, the Ravenclaw seemed to be sour about something. And he was not about to leave. Arnost shrugged his shoulders, "You sound like you woke up on the wrong side of the bed. But we don't want to talk to you." Arnost suddenly had an idea. He stood up, and mounted the broom. "Hey, Fiona, hop on. We can talk more up in the sky for privacy. Then he can roam as he pleases down on the ground." He did not have any practice, but somehow, on the broom, he was completely and totally at ease. He just hoped that she would hang on tight.

Fiona really just wanted to get away from this boy that was bothering them for no reason. But then again, she didn't want to go back to the castle just yet. It was boring in there, especially nownthat she found out that Arnost was a Hufflepuff. She had just been about to retort but Arnost calling her name had caught her immediate attention and she couldn't help but grin at his idea. It was positively brilliant! "Great idea!" she chimed, mounting the broom behind him and encircling her lithe arms around his waist. Was this even safe? Oh well, she trusted hin.

He felt her arms go around his waist. Arnost blushed slightly, before he said, "Hang on tight!" Arnost used his legs to launch them into the air, and he stirred the broom so that he remained balanced. He had never flown before, and he was surprisingly good. He was not sure on how he was good, but somehow. He had a lot of confidence now. He looked forward to this year. He looked down to see that the kid was down there. Smiling, he looked over his shoulder, "So, how's this for a first timer?"

Fiona was honestly nervous about this. This would be the first time that she would ride with another on a broom and while it sounded exciting, the prospect of falling was also on her mind. But then again, she trusted Arnost and that he wouldn't let her fall to her apparent death. She couldn't help the sudden squeak that escaped her lips as they were suddenly up in the air and she unconsciously held on to him just a little tighter. The Ravenclaw couldn't help but visibly pale at the boy's next words. "You're not serious," se asked surprised but acknowledged his obvious skill with the broom. "You're doing wonderful, just you know, don't let me fall," she said with a small encouraging smile.

Arnost made the broom come to a halt, when he didn't think that flying around with a passenger would be ideal, especially with him new to this. "I actually am. Dad wouldn't let me have a broom, but he let me into his huge library." That was actually a treat because the library seemed endless with books and learning opportunities. Vesta was in heaven when she was in there. Arnost, not so much. He preferred sports. That was just the way he was. He would have to tell his father to get him a broom next year. He needed to practice though. "I won't let you fall. Not into the arms of that other brat down there." At least they were up high enough that the two's conversation could not be heard.

Fiona was quite surprised when the broom had come to a sudden halt. Was something wrong with the broom she had 'borrowed'? When the Hufflepuff made no complaint nor indication that anything was wrong, she relaxed a little, her arms still around his waist. "Well, at least now we know you'll do great in Quidditch," she said with a grin. He was a natural, and Fiona acknowledged that. She had no doubts that he would be better at her in the wizarding sport, but she wouldn't go down easily as well. The petite girl smiled at his next words, "Yeah? Thanks, Arnost," she said gently as she felt more relaxed in his presence. He said it himself. He wouldn't let her fall.

He was more relaxed now that Fiona was not as tense as she was before. Arnost placed one of his hands upon hers, and smiled to himself. He could not wait to try out for Quidditch. He gave her hand a friendly squeeze, before he slowly lowered the broom once the two of them were alone once more. "I'll try out for Quidditch this year. I think your encouragement helped me with a new sport I could actually be good at." He would protect Fiona when he was around her. After all, they were really good friends. She needed to have someone around her to protect her. Arnost was just relieved overall that he had his good friend here. And not just his large, extensive family.

Fin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back