Do I wanna go here?

Kairi Vittori

Sexual Orientation
Demisexual
Wand
Straight 12 Inch Rigid Spruce Wand with Basilisk Skin Core
One thing that has always crossed Kairi's mind was none other than attending Durmstrang one day. With a flower within her hair, and a black, flowing tank top with blue skinny jeans. Her dark brown hair contrasted against her golden eyes, as she found a bench to sit on. She was currently just outside of the grounds of Durmstrang. Her cousins should be arriving any moment.

Gabriel had been attending Durmstrang since first year, and felt that it was a decent enough school - and was about as far away from his cousins as he could go, seeing as they all went to New Zealand. He was planning on meeting his brother, as they had arrived early to the school as usual. With his red hair covered mostly by a hat, and a light jacket half-zipped, he approached a currently occupied bench. The girl did little to interest him, he was mostly there because of what was currently crawling on the flower of her hair, a small Inky Skipper.

"Excuse me," he said, as he cupped the creature, careful to avoid damaging the flower.
<i></i>

Laurent Nightray was not the kind of person who was easily amused. In fact, the only entertainment he ever achieved was when he was doing things his brother asked. Laurent was very rarely without his brother, though they did have separate lives. Every now and again, Laurent just had to do something on his own. Though it was usually when sleeping. Most often he was rarely seen without his mirror image. As it was, he was on his way to find his brother when he noted that Gabriel was occupied with retrieving a bug from the hair of a younger girl.

"Gabriel." Laurent said softly to his brother, coming up to stand beside him. Surely they had things they should be doing.

Kairi looked up briefly to hear someone saying for her to excuse him. He was doing something to her flower. Kairi barely reacted, despite not liking the motion of someone so close to her. He seemed to have cupped something that was on her flower. "May I?" asked the pure-blood quietly. However, her attention from one was interrupted by yet another. A twin. This was interesting. The one collecting something from her flower was named Gabriel. She looked at the extra, before waiting for what was creeping in her flower.

Gabriel hated the thought of revealing the creature to her - his sister often freaked out at seeing 'creepy crawlies' and tried to kill them. However, seeing as she wore plants in her hair, perhaps this was a regular thing for her, finding bugs. He barely looked at his brother when he addressed him. "Hey Laurent," he greeted, however, his eyes remained on the bug as he slowly showed it to the girl. "It's an Inky Skipper," he explained, speaking to both of them.​
<i>
</i>

Laurent watched intently at what was happening with his brother. Even when they were apart, Laurent would know where Gabriel was. Who was this girl anyway? He'd never seen her before. Was she a new student? He nodded to Gabriel when he was told what kind of bug it was. He immediately retrieved his note book and made a note of the time, date, place and what it was. He would need this for later when Gabriel wanted a run down of the day. These days they were less frequent, but Laurent kept notes anyway.

"I've seen those before, when I was working on my Herbology lessons and gardening," Kairi murmured as she peered into the hand of Gabriel. She knew their names, but they did not know her. "I'm Kairi Styx." Kairi noticed that the other one, Laurent, was writing something. What was he writing? Perhaps over the bug? She would not be surprised. Some people have an obsession. One with bugs, another with plants.

Glad that his brother noted done the bug, he returned his attention to the girl. He rather liked plants - they both did - but the bugs on them were slightly more interesting to him. "Nice to meet you Kairi Styx," he replied. "I'm Gabriel Nightray, that's Laurent Nightray." He was aware that she would know, but proper introductions were important to him. He put the Inky Skipper on Laurent's head for safe keeping. He couldn't put her face or name to anyone in the school. His curiosity had peaked. "What are you doing here?"​
<i>
</i>

Laurent placed his notebook back in his bag and looked at Gabriel and the girl as the inky skipper was on his head. It would stay up there for now, he hoped. Being a butterfly it would probably fly away, but maybe if he stayed relatively still, it would not move. "Hello, Kairi Styx." A strange name indeed and one that seemed familiar to him. He thought perhaps Aaren had mentioned it in some point. He could not be sure however, for he so rarely paid attention to the speech of his older sister. She was not important to him, only Gabriel.

Nightray? She had never heard of that name before. Wait, maybe she has. An English family... But that was all she knew. She assumed that they were from a magical family to be here, and without muggles to be around Durmstrang. She gave a curt nod when Gabriel and Laurent greeted her properly. What was she doing here? Kairi shrugged, "I'm home schooled, and was viewing Durmstrang to see if I wanted to attend. So far, I don't have any qualms against it." She paused for a moment, checking the time. It was almost time to do the one thing she looked forward to since she came here. She had a few extra tickets, but she didn't know who to invite. These two, maybe. "Are you two into daring events?"

Gabriel's eyebrows rose slightly. Durmstrang was a nice enough school - it didn't admit mudbloods, which was always a plus in any establishment, in his opinion. "The only issue Durmstrang has is not enough fires within its halls. But it makes up for that with having no mudbloods poisoning the grounds with their presence." If she were some sort of muggle-lover and was offended, good on her. He and his brother wouldn't want to spend another moment with her regardless. His eyebrows knitted together curiously at her question. "Define daring?"

The thought of spending time with this girl was weird. Laurent was slightly surprised that Gabriel was paying her any attention, but he also supposed that Gabriel had some kind of plan and he'd just not been made privy to it yet. The butterfly got restless and Laurent leaned down and plucked a flower from the ground he was standing on, holding it up to the butterfly and waiting patiently to see if it would jump on.

"Dark places are often nice, however I feel more at ease if there was a huge garden with plenty of plants. However, not allowing mudbloods would be appealing. Though dad and mom won't allow them within our premises, so, it is virtually the same thing." Kairi trailed on for a moment, before she realized that she just talked a lot. She did notice Laurent putting tending to the butterfly, which she was almost pleased to see. However, Gabriel seemed to be far more interested in her than Laurent. Her attention turned to him when he asked to define daring. Holding up several tickets, she said, "Ever jumped from the clouds and fall down with no aid of a broom, but what others call a...parachute?"

Gabriel's eyebrows knitted together curiously as he examined the tickets. He had to admit - he had never jumped from anything without the aid of a broom. It didn't exactly sound like something one would do if they expected to live a long, and safe life. He looked at Laurent, and decided that so it shall be. "We haven't, but would be willing to have a go."
<i></i>

Laurent watched patiently the exchange between brother and stranger and was intrigued by the notion of a parachute. He raised his eyebrow and looked at her curiously. "Why not just fall?"

Kairi was saving these for her cousins, Virgil and Astaroth, but perhaps they got held up. She stood up, before she handed each of them a ticket. Honestly, she was a little surprised that they even agreed. But when one asked why not just fall, Kairi finally cracked a tiny smile. She answered Laurent, "I heard the landing is...killer." Kairi didn't want to really mention that without the device, the fall would end up deadly.
The whole event was fun, but now, the brunette swayed side to side as she dangled from the tree. The three of them miraculously landed in the same tree, but shamefully, it was a ways down. Kairi held on to the straps, before she looked to the twins. "I believe we missed the target by a few miles." Kairi knew that her family would be on the look out for her. This wouldn't be the first time that Kairi did something like this, and things did not go as planned. At least this time, she was accompanied by two males. At least the wildlife was the gentle kind, and not the man eating kind. "Either of you have any ideas?" The three of them couldn't just use magic outside of school.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back