Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Engaged
Sexual Orientation
Kalif II
Wand
Knotted 12" Flexible Chestnut Wand with Kelpie Hair Core
Liusaidh had told the history of magic teacher that she was heading to the library to study, but as if. Liusaidh had no interest in studying. She couldn’t be bothered with that at the best of times but sit in a class for a whole hour to study, no way. So after telling the history of magic professor that she was going to study she made her way through the school, just wandering the halls aimlessly and eventually took a seat at the entrance to the dungeons, lunch was soon anyway, she didn’t want to be far from that. She took out a magical comic book and just began reading, this was a much better use of her time than studying.

It was a calm afternoon and Hilda had decided to go around the castle a little, she had gone a little earlier to the library to take books to review and for her personal research, she found herself in the dungeons, walking past the potions room she wondered if Professor Morwy had been better since the last time. Being lost in thought she did not notice the group of students in front, one of them jostled her voluntarily or involuntarily, the books that the young Gryffindor carried were found on the ground in no time, she hurried to pick them up before noticing that one of the books had landed or was located by a young girl. The latter was sitting against one of the cold walls of the corridor, she seemed to be the same age as her and was reading a comic "Is this The Adventures of Martin Miggs you are reading?" Hilda asked to the girl smiling while picking up the last book.

Liusaidh had glanced up when she’d heard someone send books clattering to the floor, she’d taken a moment to laugh lightly while then returning to her comic. She didn’t care about the girl and the moment had passed and the comic she had was more entertaining than that person. So she was a little surprised when a voice was suddenly in front of her and looking up Liusaidh realised it was the same girl that had fallen. ”Aye, it is, fae ma da’s old collection,” she replied, she liked the comics, it was exactly what she thought muggles were probably like, though she’d never really interacted with any, ”Did ye enjoy yer wee trip there?” she motioned vaguely, while clearly holding back a little laugh at the girl.

"A little hectic," she said, laughing about her trip to the Dungeons. Hilda sat down next to the girl without being close to her, she knew that certain person needed their personal space "It is one of the first times that I come in this corner of the Dungeons" most of the as long as young Gryffindor spent time here it was for her potions lessons. "Places to recommend me?" she asked with a small smile to her interlocutor.

”Where’s ma postcard?” she joked but it was funny that this was the girl’s first time to the dungeons. She wondered if this girl was anything like the one she had lied to about the slytherin demon in the dungeons, this girl didn’t seem like she might fall for the same thing. ”Well ye should be careful, there’s a haunted corridor in the depths of the dungeons, they cannae get rid ae the ghosts,” she told her. It would be in part true, she knew from her brother that someone had done a halloween event, and ghosts could move bout, but perhaps she might believe they would be trapped, ”But other than that, an’ like the dorm bein’ under the lake, ye know, there’s no much,”

Hilda laughed at the girl's little joke, she found her less intimidating now that she was to speaking to her.
The latter told her that there was a haunted corridor in the dungeons, which caught the attention of the young Gryffindor "Ah you will see me more often in the dungeons then" she said with a little laugh, it was necessary that 'she continues her studies on ghosts and spirits and this place seemed to have an interesting passive.

"Oh yeah, I forgot that your dormitory was under the lake it's so cool" she said admiringly, her dormitory was one of the towers of the castle and the way to the top was rather trying.

Liusaidh smiled at the girl, it seemed she was interested in ghosts, perhaps she would be as gullible as that other gryffindor Liusaidh had run into down here. ”How interested in ghosts and stuff are ye?” she hoped she might be able to convince her, but she needed to know how into that sort of stuff was this girl. If it was only a little then it would be boring. ”Aye, if ye sit up tae fast yer ears pop fae the pressure,” Liusaidh joked, of course you didn’t, and the laugh which followed made it clear this was her joking with the girl. ”ah’m Liusaidh, who are ye?” she asked.

"I'm very very interested in ghosts" she said excitedly to the girl, she loved to talk about her passion for spirits.
When the Slytherin told her the anecdote about the ears, she widened her eyes in surprise before realizing that it was a joke"You almost got me," she said, laughing.
Then the girl introduced herself "Liusaidh is a super cool name does that mean anything in particular?" she asked before realizing that she didn't introduce herself and that maybe the girl was waiting for her to do it
"Sorry, i'm Hildeguard but everyone calls me Hilda" said the young Gryffindor with a big smile and holding out her hand .

Liusaidh smiled, ”My family’s house has a ghost living in the cellar, ah ‘hink it mare ae a poltergiest, but ma da swears down it’s just a ghost,” this wasn’t actually true, there was no ghost, that lived in the cellar. But she wanted to see if or how much this girl would believe. She’d push until she found the breaking spot, she hadn’t believed the thing about slytherin but almost had for a moment. ”Aye, it’s scots gaelic fae warrior, bet ye that ye cannae spell ma name,” she said, she knew that people had great difficulty with her name and she wondered if her brother Rory was pretty glad to have been called that than the even more gaelic way of writing it. Liusaidh looked at Hilda’s extended hand for a moment and then just smiled, looking back up at the girl but not reaching on to take the hand. ”What does Hildegard mean?”

"So cool" said Hilda when Liusaidh explained to her the origin of her first name "I think it suits you, you really look like a warrior" she added with a smile.

The girl lowered her hand when she saw that the Slytherin did not intend to shake it, she did not hold it against her, they had just met and perhaps she did not like physical contact.

Liusaidh smiled at her instead that Hilda immediately returned her before speaking again "Oh, my first name means battle guard in old German, don't ask me why my parents called me like that I have no idea" she explained, laughing.

Liusaidh puffed her chest out when the other girl said that her name suited her. Back home she’d never had any problems with her name, but here in New Zealand she knew she would’ve perhaps liked a slightly less complicated name. Having someone agree that she suited her actual name felt pretty good. She listened as the girl, Hilda explained her own names. ”Are ye german or somethin’? Like yer family?” she asked half curious about what this girl’s origin was. Perhaps her family had just thought she would suit a name like that. All of her family had gaelic or scots names.

"I don't really know, on my mother's side we have some German ancestors, it must have come from there" said Hilda, shrugging her shoulders, not very sure what she was saying.

The girl went to add something but was interrupted by a gurgling noise from her belly, she looked at Liusaidh, laughing a little nervously "Sorry, I didn't have time to have a good breakfast this morning" she explained. She checked the time, indeed it was almost lunch time "I think I'm going to go get me a good plate of pasta" said Hilda, getting up and wiping away the little bit of dust that was clinging to his clothes.
Then she turned to the Slytherin "Do you want to come with me?" she asked, gesturing to the stairs leading to the Great Hall.

Liusaidh thought it was weird to have a name with no real origin in where they were from, or without a connection. All of the names in her family had a link, though perhaps that was just her family, pureblood families that did that. She knew that her family was all about legacy, why they’d never updated the family name to reflect the changes made in the muggle counterparts. But she decided to not bother making that point, and just looked pointedly at the girl and her stomach when it made a noise, ”Aye alright,” she said in agreement, decided that it would be as good a thing to do as anything else. She put the comic into her bag and got to her feet. ”Lead the way, “

Users who are viewing this thread

Back