Distractions & Diversions

Kirk Folen

Kirk had just got back from his Job. He had a normal day of work and was sooner or later working his way up to Dictator of Russia. It was a dream that he felt he was destined to accomplish. He felt that this was the only way to get there...through Russia's Judicial system. The more power he had in what was ruled over others, the more power he would have over Russia.

Kirk decided to go on a walk. He needed a break from business and other things. He needed to clear his mind. He was not yet married and still could not find a fair maiden for him to love and cherish. It was time he had looked for a wife. It was time for him to complete the empty space in his heart. Not only a wife did he need, but a friend or 2.

(((Sorry this is short i'm not very good at starting conversations)))

Banafrit moved down the silent street with quick, even steps. Why she was here, she still didn't quite know (or care). If was one of those spontaneous traveling decisions that she decided to make. All those months saving for no purpose at all but for the sake of having money had found her traveling all over the world to wherever she pleased. Frankly, Bana hadn't a clue where she was. Did it matter? She had found the nearest backpacker hostel and wandered the markets and salons for some days, struggling with the native language and generally just exploring the scenery.

Now she stopped by a street vendor to try some of this strange battered and fried animal that was being displayed on a stick. She was hungry, so why not? Bana removed her galleon pouch and attempted to pay with an overly large silver coin that the poor vendor had no idea what to do with. However it looked like real silver so he accepted, and handed Banafrit the food.

Along the side of the road she trotted, slightly nervous about the surrounding people who gave her funny looks, but otherwise completely content as she munched into the strange snack food. She wasn't paying much attention to her surroundings, seeing as there were barely any people on the streets, yet somehow she managed to bump into one of the few that were. A man, older than her but not altogether unattractive, and she had run right into him. "Oh, excuse me!" said Banafrit in a knee-jerk reaction of politeness.

Kirk had decided to stop by a nearby vendor. As he walked by a young girl rather attractive bumped into him. She meant well and said sorry. "It is quite alright miss. It's a bit dark out, what are you doing here?" Kirk asked the girl. He had meant well and didn't want here to define him as a "stalker", but he meant well for the best in making sure she wasn't in trouble as a good leader would do.

He stared into her eyes. They were pretty. She however looked quite younger than he. He thought for a moment... His friends were all fake. His life was practicaly just work. He wished he could find someone who could acompany him in time of sadness and such.

Bana gave the man a smile as he called her 'miss'. It seemed as though he had proper manners as well, and she was quite grateful to meet someone who understood English. "Oh, was just making my way down to my hostel," she told him, but even as she said this it began to sound a little more difficult than she had anticipated. Banafrit looked around the now-empty street and realised with a jolt that she had no idea where she was now. "I think I've wandered a bit far, though. Can you tell me what street we are on?"

Truth to be told, Bana was a little frightened now. Not particularly of Kirk, though he was a stranger. It just wasn't safe to be lost alone in the dark in a foreign country. For all she knew he could be a horrid person who only wanted to scare her. But in the end, she was lost. Perhaps if she was able to ask him for directions and continue on her merry way then she would soon be safe in bed.

She was blushing as he was looking into her eyes. "I'm Banafrit Louise. What is your name?"

As the girl replied that she was making her way and how she belived she wandered a bit to far he pondered and looked at the away street sign written in Russian. Of course it would be pronounced the same way in other places, it wasn't all that easy to read. "We are on the street of Grinskolv." Kirk said. He watched as she sooner looked frightened. Then she stated her name. "Banafrit," He replied. "A nice name though uncommen here in Russia. You're not from here are you? And as for my name, I am Kirk Folen, Cheif of the Judicial System in Russia."

Kirk waited for a reply. He pretty much was convinced she would need assistance to her hostel. He tried to think of a nearby one and remember the way to it.

"Oh," said Bana, her heart sinking as she heard the street name. That didn't sound at all like where she needed to be. Had she been heading too far north? "No, you are right I'm not from here. Banafrit is Egyptian, but my home town is New Zealand. It is nice to meet you" she said, ever still polite as she held out her hand for him to shake. "You can call me Bana if you'd like," said Banafrit with another smile.

It was getting a bit chilly out, and since Bana had left in the heat of the day she had brought no cloak. It would have looked strange if she had though anyway, for muggles rarely wore those kinds of clothing. This man, Kirk, he must be a muggle as well. He seemed to be a very nice sort of person and also one of those 'higher up' types; much higher than a silly tourist like Banafrit. Well if she had gone about wearing a cloak, perhaps he would have been afraid of her. As it was, her simple white dress was nothing against the growing chill of the night.

"I'm sorry to bother you like this, but could you perhaps tell me where I could find this hostel?" she asked, retrieving a map from her brown knapsack. "The owners of the hostel gave me this, but I couldn't read it anyway," she said as she handed him the folded up paper.

"It is nice to meet you also miss." Kirk replied. He looked at her again and she stated that her existance began in New Zealand. "New Zealand? A very great place. I've been there more than once..." He said. She stated her nickname. "Bana? Very well Miss Bana."

After a small pause that seemed like a hour, she asked for assistance in directions. She needed to find out where her hostel was. She handed him the map to it and he read it off. "It seems you need to be on the street of Hanswovle. Does that seem to ring a bell anywhere?" he asked. "Follow me and I shall take you there."

Bana furrowed her brow and shook her head at Kirk. That didn't sound like anywhere she knew, but knowing herself she'd probably not even payed attention to the street names. She recognised landmarks more than letters and numbers when it came to street navigation. "Oh, but aren't you going out of your way?" she said as he offered to take her there. "Thank you very much! I'm sure you have more important things to do." With that she stepped up beside him, ready to follow when he began to walk.

Come to think of it, what does the Chief of the Judicial System do, anyway? she asked herself mentally and she folded her hands together nervously. She wasn't entirely sure it was polite of her to ask, and it would probably make her sound very ignorant. As they said, curiosity killed the cat... but perhaps Kirk wouldn't mind. "I'm sorry, but do tell me about your job. I've never met someone who was the Chief of the Judicial System. What do you do?". Bana was blushing all the while, feeling like a fool as she walked beside him.

"I was going for a walk to clear my thoughts out and try to get things straight." Kirk said. She thanked him and this made him feel good. She walked beside him as he began to go off in the direction of the hostel. He thought as he walked. He wondered where she came from and why she was here. Oh well was none of his business and he didn't ask.

AS the walked along she spoke up. Bana asked him about his job. He replied, "As Cheif of the Judicial System in Russia, I have the upmost responsibility to bring justice to the bad people of this country. I am sort of like our Dictators assistant. I throw those who have done bad in jail for their crimes. I am the supreme decider besides the dictator of what happens to people."

Bana couldn't help but raise her eyebrows as they walked along. The look in her eyes said it wasn't skepticism but approval that made her look so impressed. She herself had just been a check-out chick in Wellington for several years before starting abroad, and it seemed as though they were from completely different worlds. "I must say it's an honor, then." said Bana, both in gentle jesting and all seriousness. "I've not met anyone in person before of your job stature before in my life."

Quietly she tucked her elbows into the palms of each hand in the growing cold, smiling in the comfortable silence that had fallen. Suddenly she realised that she was still holding the stick with the small battered animal on it. Now that Bana thought more about it, she decided that she had been eating quail. Discreetly embarrassed she dropped it into a passing bin as though these sorts of things were perfectly normal. "How long do you suppose it is to the hostel?" she asked Kirk hesitantly. "It's getting a bit chilly out."

As Bana said how it was an honor to be with him he quickly shot back, "I have not yet achived my full dream, thus it is not quite an honor as you say. Infact, I am someone to obssesed with politics and such. I just need to get away from it all." Thus Kirk continued the walk. It wouldn't be long until they were at the hostel. This was good, he had walked someone safely back. He didn't know if he'd ever see her again, but he wished he would. He felt a conection to a magical and enchanted feeling with her.
As a few minutes passed Bana asked how long until they got to the hostel. He replied, "About 5-10 minutes." A bit later she said she was cold. "Here, take my cloak, I do not need it for I am used to the coldness here." Kirk said.

In essence she could have just heated herself by spell, but it was just typical that Kirk happened to be a muggle. It was slightly cool that he was wearing a cloak, though. Most muggles didn't wear them all that often (and Bana herself almost never, even in the wizarding world). He must be a unique sort of person.

Either way, she couldn't help but smile up at him as she took his cloak in small hands, thinking him a proper gentleman. "Thank you, that's very kind." Yet she couldn't help but worry that he might be still chilly. Perhaps she could just ... send a slight warming spell over to him- no. It's illegal, it's illegal, it's illegal. she told herself firmly. And if he moves up quite a bit in politics then he would probably find out about magic, anyway. It's none of my business, and you could be caught.

"Well, consider me honored for having met someone honest, then." she told him half a moment after he had finished. "But you must have a hobby that keeps your mind off work all the time, yes?"

"You're welcome." Kirk replied to Bana's thank you. Russians aways had big heavy things to wear. They actualy often wore cloaks. A minute later Bana said again to be honered with him for him being honest. "Well, I can also agrue with that. My life is full of lies." HE said. It was true, his life had started with lies the day he moved out. He didn't want to put down Bana's compliments, but he couldn't bare the thought of people calling him a good man.
The she asked him about a hobby. "No. Work work work. However I find I can manage without going crazy. It's all I can do to achieve my dream..." He said.
Another moment passed and they were one block away from Bana's hostel. "We are here." Kirk said. HE stopped and looked at Bana for quite a while. Wanting to say goodbye, but he couldn't.

She could not help but feel terribly sorry for Kirk. Her eyebrows knitted together and her mouth turned down, shocked and saddened as he said that his life was full of lies. Such is politics, thought Banafrit sadly. Almost in instinct she placed her hand on his shoulder comfortingly but withdrew it a moment later. How forward of me, she chided herself inwardly. She couldn't help but want to comfort, and was further urged when he said he had no hobby. There was nothing more she wanted than to whisk him away somewhere to do something fun, and to forget the troubles of his employment.

But she had to remember that one didn't act impulsively to strangers. After all, Bana didn't know him at all. Though she didn't think so, he could still be lying. Whatever the case she recognised her hostel in the distance and knew that she was safe. At the same moment he turned, so did she and she chuckled in her embarrassment. The moment passed and they looked at each other for some time before she broke the silence once more. "You aren't busy, are you?" she questioned hesitantly. "You could come in for a warm drink." Carefully she removed his cloak from her shoulders and reached up to place it around his neck in a movement both bold and polite all at once.

"Well, if you insist. I shall come in." Replied Kirk. He took back his cloak from hervand smiled. "Thank you, this walk has helped me in a way." He said. As they walked into the Hostel some people greated him. He was fairly known. He greeted them back trying hard not to look like he was actually worth something. It did however look quite odd for a grown man walking with a young miss. HOwever, he continued onward following Bana.

Kirk followed Bana to her room. "Thank you so much for the invite Bana. Again, I thank you for letting me come in." Kirk said.

"I'm glad to be of some service," smiled Bana as she lead him in. "Think of it as repayment for helping me on my own way." Although it was nighttime, the small room that they entered still seemed airy. The whitewashed walls reflected the light from the street, but even so Bana flicked the lights on for a more comfortable atmosphere. "Hopefully this doesn't seem creepy to anyone else," she laughed, and the sound seemed to brighten the room further.

She offered Kirk a seat on one of the round soft ottomans next to a standard coffee table. "Would you like something to drink?" asked Bana as she shuffled around to the mini kitchenette. "I know it's a bit late, but I sure felt like some company tonight. I travel a lot so I'm used to moving around on my own, but sometimes it's a little boring if you know what I mean."

Somehow, she just didn't feel uncomfortable with Kirk Folen. Perhaps it was the instinctive urge to cheer up up that drove her past any foreboding she might have.

"Having company over is always nice, no matter what time it is." Kirk said. "And yes, I would like some water please." He said again. It was a nice room. Bana was a nice girl. This day had turned out pretty good. He had met someone at nearly the set of the sun and basiclly became friends with her. She was all to nice to him, which he did not mind.

"So, where is your next destination Bana?" Asked Kirk.

Bana bustled around the kitchen. It seemed awkward not to be moving and talking, although she was comfortable with certain kinds of silences. The little kitchenette housed a small refrigerator where she withdrew a glass bottle filled with ice cold water. She couldn't abide the luke-warm heated water that came from the taps here. Perhaps the snowy weather here had the locals preferring their water warmer, and she couldn't blame them. But somehow she could always taste every chemical or lack of in water when it was warm, and Bana couldn't stand it.

Smiling she handed him the glass and sat down on the opposite ottoman. This was a comfortable sort of place, similar to her own home back in New Zealand. "I'm heading to England next. So far I've been to Egypt and China. I'm on to America, Japan and Australia next. Maybe even Denmark." She'd poured a glass for water for herself as well, which she now took a sip of. "Do you travel a lot?"

As Kirk waited for Bana, he looked around. He noticed it was rather small. No person should have to live in these conditoins. He told himself. A little moment passes and Bana came back with some water. "Ahh thank you so much." Kirk said as he drank. Bana told him of the places she had been along with the places she was planing on going to. She traveled alot. Just like him. His job required him to have constant meetings with the Judicial Cheifs of the world. It didn't really bother him.

Presently she asked if he traveled. "I travel often. My job requires it." Kirk said. He looked at Bana and for the first time relized that she was probably the most pretty thing he'd laid his eyes on. "Thank you so much for inviting me as company. However, the next time you need a place to stay and you are in Russia, find me. Kirk Folen. Everyone knows me." Kirk told her.

"Oh, you needn't keep thanking me," laughed Bana shyly. "I'm glad to have brightened someone's day. That's what I'm here for, really." She was interested to know what places Kirk might have traveled too, but she could imagine a government job taking you far away from home. "I hope you don't get homesick a lot. I do sometimes, but mostly for the people and not the country." Though she wasn't trying to be unpatriotic. It was just in her nature to find adventure, and if it meant leaving her homeland then it wasn't much of a sacrifice to make.

Suddenly she was quite aware that he was looking at her. Somehow she found this pleasing, and she would have blushed but it took a lot to make her cheeks heat up. Either way she took another sip of cold water, just in case. Bana was smiling into the glass rim of the cup. "Thank you. I do love the countryside here, and this place is so comfortable. But I would like to visit your home. Is it very large?" she asked him to draw attention away from her flattery and embarrassment.

"My house, is larger than most. It has 12 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, 2 kitchens, 3 dinning rooms, and 5 dens. However we have a main den and it's larger than all of them." Kirk told her. "So yes, my house is quite large."

Kirk was wondering what was going to happen after tonight. Would he see her again? "When are you leaveing for England Bana?" Kirk asked. "Will I see you again?" This brought a somewhat heavy sorrow upon his heart. He didn't want to not ever see Bana again. She was a nice girl and had opened a new doorway for him.

Bana couldn't help but look quite amazed at the description of Kirk's house. It really did sound enormous, and she herself had only lived in very small homes most of her life. She'd get absolutely lost in such a large place. However if he called it home then of course she would like it. "You'll have to tell me the address so that I may write to you while I'm abroad," she smiled. "Or your phone number, but only if you'd like." Such a large house seemed like a lot for Kirk and his partner... for surely he must have a wife and kids, or maybe just even a girlfriend. Isn't that what high end officials all had? Most had a family of some kind.

"I'll be off in about a week," Bana replied to him merrily, touched by Kirk's interest. All of a sudden a shadow passed over his face, and he looked quite terribly sad. "Oh dear, don't look like that," she said as her brow furrowed in empathy. "Tell you what, I'll have time to visit before I leave. Do you mind if I popped it? You could introduce me to your family, significant other and all that." she smiled, her face glowing like sunshine when she did.

"That would be perfect!" Kirk said. He would show the rest of his family Bana and how kind she was. It was as if she somehow gave him the greatest feelings in the world. He had never ever gelt them before. NEVER. His father would like Bana. So would his mother. They all would. His brothers and his sister.

"My family will love you Bana." Kirk told her. "You are special to me so your special to them."

(((I'll create a topic and also roleplay with my Tiberious man dude aka Kirk's father. I havn't quite created all of the family, but I will get around to it.)))

"Well, er..." said Bana. She was flattered, but she did have something else to say. "I hope your lady friend doesn't mind. I mean, sorry for not calling her otherwise if you're married. But I mean she wouldn't mind another woman visiting the house, I hope." Bana smiled although she was a bit embarrassed about mentioning it. "I really would like to meet your family, though. I hope you don't live too far." Kirk was a bit stiff was she first met him, but he really was such a sweetheart around her. Hopefully they could become good friends, as she felt that they could share happy memories together.

This time she really couldn't help but blush just a little. It was so sweet of him to take to her so soon. With a touch of nervousness but more of gratitude she reached out and took his hand kindly, holding it in hers. She kept it between both of hers, enjoying the warmth of his hands for a moment. "That's lovely of you to say."

"Well Bana, the truth is I am not married and have sadly never been in a relationship." Kirk told her. He knew right off from the start that Bana would be welcomed by his family. She was kind and loving. Not to many people were like that her in Russia. Most of them were evil and desiving. Here and there were some nice people, but they never stayed. So to survive you had to be firm and not take any crap from anybody.

"Well Bana, it's been great talking to you. I need to get going now. I have a meeting I need to get ready for." Kirk said. He didn't want to leave, but he couldn't risk one of the top jobs in Russia either. "You will come visit? My Address is 535399 Vlaki Ave. My house is the biggest one there, you can't possibly miss it." KIrk told her.

PResently he was off.

((((I'm going to create the visit thread and send it to you. It will be closed so if you want any friends there tell them to pm me :) ))))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back