Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 12 Inch Flexible Cypress Wand with Hippogriff Feather Core
Snow had been a bit distant and she knew it. The death of her sister and the overwhelming approach of her future had made her feel a bit hazy lately. But she promised that if she got a good grade in her last lesson, which she did, she would take a moment of time to stop in and check on Gregory, one of her best friends. It was a little more complicated with him though, he was so nice and made her feel good when she was around him but a part of her wondered if that was because she instinctually needed someone to protect. Melinoe was one of those people too, as was Morrigan. She wondered if that was why she hadn't made friends with Cassius Styx, he didn't need protection.

Snow searched for Gregory, spotting him at the Hufflepuff table. She took a seat next to him. "Hey." She said, almost awkwardly. Her words were swallowed by the thoughts in her brain quickly and that was all she managed.

The fight with Cassius still lingered, the bruising on his stomach was fading but still ached. He didn't know if he'd just gotten used to not being punched but Cassius hit hard. Harder than Gregory had remembered. It had sent him back a bit, more into his old funk, and certainly he wasn't reaching out to nearly as many of his few friends. He was sitting after the last class, having gotten a terrible grade on it, and trying to not wallow too obviously. But he was joined by Snow, whom he had barely seen most of the semester. "Oh, hey," he said almost in surprise. "That was a difficult class right?" he said about the class they'd both just been in.

Snow nodded at his inquiry about the class. But most classes were difficult to her right not. Her brain just wasn't in it. She was too focused on the what ifs of the future to really concentrate on the present. Snow looked at the table before to the side at him. "We can always study together if you want." She offered kindly.

She looked away again, across the the faces that also sat in the great hall, talking, laughing, she took a deep breath. "Sorry I haven't been around much this semester. I think I just needed some time to pity myself." She admitted, being strangely vulnerable.

Gregory welcomed the opportunity to just be able to study with someone, because he was struggling a lot. Studying was just not something he was good at and his classes were hard. The teen gave a weak smile. "I'd like that," he replied. "I'm really bad at studying," he added with a shy expression. He went silent for a moment and Snow filled the gap. "It's okay," he assured her, holding back on saying anything like he was used to being alone, and he could manage being alone. "It's okay to need time to pity, something terrible happened," he assured her.

Snow smiled when he agreed to study with her. It was good for her to have more than one friend she was sure - Greg and Snow being the only two people she really chatted with anymore. Now Cassius she supposed but something in her still kept him at arms length. "Good, we'll have to find a time that works for us both." She remarked.

When he spoke next she furrowed her brows. She wasn't sure how he'd already heard but she knew there was no avoiding the subject. "Yeah it's been... rough. But I'm finally starting to feel a little more like me. I think Melinoe took it the hardest. It wasn't anything someone could have prevented though." She said honestly. "Which class are you struggling with the most?" She asked, changing the subject.

Gregory nodded a little, though he was sure that he could make any time work, because he just really needed it to. He needed to improve. Gregory hadn't remembered that it wasn't Snow that told him, but it had been Cassius who had mentioned it. "I know I can't relate, but I am...here," he admitted quietly, not wanting to make it seem like he could relate but that he could still be there for her. "All of them really," he said. "I can't always hear whats being said, so my notes end up pretty bad," he told her.

Snowdrop heard his words and she gave a small, almost forced smile at him. "It's fine, really. I'd like to just keep my mind off it." The truth was she didn't want to cry in public. She'd already cried on Cassius in the library, that was embarrassing enough. She was grateful as he talked about classes instead and a genuine smile appeared on her lips. "If there's classes we have together you can always copy my notes. I always take diligent notes, sometimes I even rewrite them when I'm done so they look neat." She offered. "We can also meet in the library once a week for classes too, to study, or if you need a breather to just hang out." She said kindly.

Knowing that Snow had gone to or been with Cassius with her issues but not him, that it was clear she didn't want to talk about it, it stung a little. He wanted to be there for her, though had no idea how to be. He thought it was better that he didn't say anything. He didn't want to push it. Gregory knew that if he did, he would just upset her, and Snow was one of only two friends he really had. "Okay," he agreed easily, needing all the help he could get. "Yeah, I'd like that." he paused for a moment, playing with his fingers before clearing his throat. "Do you wanna go to the yuleball with me this year?"

Snow chewed on the skin of her lip a bit but he dropped it completely and moved on to their subject of studying. "Awesome, I'll need regular socialization with people who aren't Morrigan and Melinoe." She said with a small laugh. A silence settled between them for a moment and Snow was about to tell him she'd chat with him later (she needed to study) but then he blindsided her with a question she hadn't expected. Her grey eyes widened and she made no effort to hide her surprise. "Oh... really?" She asked before she caught herself. "I mean yes, yes we can definitely go together." As soon as she agreed Snow felt a little guilty. But surely he was inviting her as friends, he hadn't made it seem obvious that he viewed her as anything else. And if she was honest she didn't expect anyone else to ask her.

Gregory didn't particularly know the two people she was talking about, though he was sure at least one of them was in his year. But he asked the question, not wanting a repeat of the year prior. Wanting to not upset her and also try to make sure they were friends for longer, to not have Cassius or someone else ask her. But he also knew he did like her, she was nice and pretty and she liked him? Maybe? when she agreed he nodded eagerly, he wouldn't be ablt to hide in the corner away from everyone else. "Okay," he said with a little nervous smile, though wasn't sure what else to say.

Snow felt a degree of guilt agreeing and thought to ask Greg if he wanted to take her as a date or as a friend. But she didn't want to make things awkward. So instead she smiled at him. "Okay, well now that we've got some solid plans I'm going to go back to my dorm I think." She said. "I have some stuff up there I need to finish for classes." She added so he didn't think she was avoiding him now. "Let's try and meet after class next week for some studying and snacks." She said with a smile, before getting up and starting to leave. "Wednesday maybe?" She clarified.

Gregory nodded slightly, a little disappointed that she was leaving already, but hide it, and just nodded. "Okay," he said, with a weak smile. But he wouldn't stop her from leaving. "Okay, Wednesday sounds good," Gregory agreed with a little smile, trying to just be content. This had gone well, she had agreed to the yuleball date. "I'll see you later,"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back