Discovering the truth in Spain

Roswald Holland

ID # 7314994
It was hot in Spain, that day both father and son arrived at the muggels airport. To hot that Roswald can already feel the back of his neck dripping sweat. No man should live under this weather, yet it brought back to where he used to live with his parents many years ago. It brought him back memories to his early years of childhood, some as young as 3 years old. How could he forget his beautiful country Spain, this is where everything started. Where he first knew how to ride a bike, where he first met his first crush, where he learn and grew how to be a man. Yes Spain, his beautiful Spain. Roswald turn to his oldest son, "What you think? Ready for a vacation and to visit where I used to live?" he asked a smile curved around his lips, he could'nt pick anyone better than Jon. Since the've been distant now becuase of Jon new career, still he had big plans for Spain. Now it was coming true, "Come on before the trolley leaves.." Roswald pickked up his bags waiting for the trolley just down the block from the airport.

They were travelling the muggel way just cause Roswald wanted his son to intake the beauty of his country. "You know if it had been up to me I would've had you all here, but your mother Christina instant that you guys were born in London. Plus my mother, she was glad either way.." he smiled thinking about his mother Marlana she had loved all her granchildren, it was pity that they had died when the children were growing up, but that was life. You can't change what happens, as much as it pained for his him of his parents death, he couldn't control Destiny. No one can.

Jon emerged right next to his father with a soft smile caressing his lips. His father had always been a passionate man. A little too passionate, but he guess that how he won over Lila, his second wife. "Papa, you weren't even born here.." Jonathan laughed a little, it was true. "You were born in London like the rest of us, grandma told me" Jon picked his duffel bag up and flung it around his broad shoulder. "She says it was to hot to give birth in Spain, so she tricked Abuelo into moving before you came.." he laughed a little more, the walkways in Spain were a lot natural than London or New Zealand. They reminded Jon of muggel history text books and how Spain used to look like back than. It still held somewhat of that history, just a bit more modern since the muggel world was always upgrading every generation.
"Is that why you guys really moved to London? Or was there another reason?" he didn't find it strange for people to move around. Jon knew that was normal, I mean his parents did to him. "Or was it just a bad habit?" he wonder if it was, and maybe that's why Maddiie been moving a whole lot. She likes Hawaii though, wouldn't move even for Alex. She hates New Zealand, but often she visits just to get s few potion ingredients. She couldn't deny that, New Zealand had the best potion besides the U.K.

Roswald flushed a little, man why did Marlana do that to him? Yes he remebered now, the day his mother had gather all her grandchildren to tell them all about Roswald growing up. "Well my mother said it was too hot and your grandfather had to transfer Ministry department" Roswald stood waiting for the trolley to arrive. He felt the suns ray go down on him, it was making him squint. Yet he didn't complain one bit about it. Soon they will arrive at his childhood home, one he still own because it was rightfully passed down to him. A loud Ring fill the air, Roswald tuen to see a muggel trolley heading down their way.
"Wow this is new, never seen this model" it looked so much like the ones from Boston. "Don't it remind you of Bean town?" Roswald asked his son, when the trollet stopped they aboarded inside with a couple few others visiting and touring Barcelona.

They both found a good seat at the back, it would probably take less than an hour getting there. For now Roswald showed his son everything they could see while driving to their destination. He wanted to show him the places he visited while his father had took him when he was a younger kid. From the famous museum, to where the main city was constructed with fine arts. Jon basically saw everything well not everything, but most in less than an hour. "Su madre aún no ha wan a vivir aquí porque se enamoró de London.She siempre decía, Londres estaba en casa. Más tarde me enteré de que realmente quería volver a vivir en Puerto Rico. Yo sólo sabía que nunca .."

Your mother didnt wan to live here becuase she fell in love with London.She always used to say, London was home. Later on I found out she really wanted to live back in Puerto Rico. I just never knew..

"You can't say that dad, I mean she loved wherever she lived" Jon thought back to his mom last days living on earth. She wasn't happy, didn't seem to be herself. Something he hadn't notice till now. Jon looked away from his dad's gaze, well something was up than? Maybe something his father never wanted to tell him? "She was satisfied with her life right? I mean she helped people?" which she did. Christina had worked as a healer in St.Mungos. She was the top psychiatrist there, anyone who needed help Christina did anything she can to help than. She even went on to treating curse, ones that pain you for the rest of your life, she made some sane again.
The trolley came to a fast stop, it made Jon pushed down on his seat. He had been blanked out of his thoughts, when he realize they had arrived to Roswald old home. "Are we here?" Jon asked not mentioning his mother again. Jon wanted his dad to be happy, not sad thinking about his ex-wife. He had remarried just a year ago or maybe more, he didn't need to be sad anymore. Lila was there, still Christina memories lived on because of us, her children.

Roswald explain a little of what his son wanted to know. He didn't go into further details, by the time he wanted too, they had arrived at his childhood home. The house in Spain could not compare to any of his home. It was made just like any other house, concrete foundation like most homes in tropical places like Spain with spells of luxury complimenting the house all together. Roswald's mother had been rich because of her father who had worked for the Queen of England. Roswald's father however got his wealth by hard work and dedication. Roswald had been lucky, to be raised this way, while Christina muggel father had been the famous singer in the muggel world. In the end they were both lucky, just not lucky enough that tragedy found them no matter what.
"Come on let me take you around the house" he picked his bag up and paid for his ticket as well for Jon. They enter the front part of the house were they were greeted by a servant. Roswald had been paying someone to keep up with the house, since Helena was to lazy to do it herself. Helena Roswald's sister neglect to keep in touch with anyone, even Esme her own daughter. He expected that to come from her, Roswald just never understand why his sister was so stuck up. She value her job more than anything in the world. Its a shame, he shook his head thinking about her.
For a couple hours they toured the house, looking at each room. Roswald showed his son portraits of his parents, and like any other pictures they wave back. It was weird, but this house was one of the fews to be enchanted with magic around here. Their servants who also was a witch was the keeper of the house along with Roswald. It was great, they ate after and had a few muggel drinks. By the time they were done, both men were exhausted, but there was still more to explore. "You think Lila would like to move here?" Roswald asked his son as they view the night skies, the patio welcoming a comfortable breeze.

Jonathan felt exhausted mostly from the long muggel plane trip. How could his father force them to travel that way? It was rather annoying, but he didn't care to mention it. "I'm not sure dad, you would have to ask her" he too enjoyed the taste of tropical beer. Corona made him feel less tense when he was enjoying their vacation here. "Maybe she will agree to it, who knows? But it something to think about" he smiled holding up his bottle to tip his dad honorably. "Seeing as you have little Liam think its best you stay in New Zealand for a while? Least for a couple years?" Jon suggested, I mean, they've never really had a permanent address. Funny to say New Zealand the longest they've ever stayed in one place.

"Eh? Maybe your right mijho, we could always stay here for the summers. I think we did enough moving around for years now" Roswald had done enough to burden his family. He still felt guilty about it and how it effected them so much. "Come on let's get some rest, I think we need it badly" he commented on his son lazy gaze. He could tell Jon was tired, anyone would be after a couple hours on an air plane. Going back they would seriously be traveling by the floo powder network. Its a lot easy and it never cost you anything.
"Here the key to my old room" Roswald gave to his son. "Second floor your left, see you in the am" Roswald chuckle and apparated to a room much bigger than his old room. He got ready for bed in less than twenty minutes and by eleven O'clock he was sleeping.

Jon held the key to his temporary room giving his father a half sleepy smile. "Night Padre" he said, than he was gone. Jon turn back around to stare at the night skies of Spain. He stood there for a while longer much to his surprising he stayed up longer than his body was willing to do soo. He watched as the skies grew darker and a whirl of something mystic appear right before him, it was odd. Like a black hole had just appeared out of nowhere and it was gone. He never seen such activities before, it made him think back the training he had done with his father just a year ago. Could it be? He thought to himself, the same activities his father encounter in Asia? No, Jon shook his head, can't be. He knew it look and resemble what his father delat with everyday in his life, but he wasn't sure about what just happen had been the same? Jon shook it off and turn to apparated to his room. Sleep will not come easy to him after what she just seen.

WRETCHED DREAMS::.

When sleep eventually came for Jon, for the first time ever he wished he hadn't slept that night. His dreams were hunting, nothing like the normal ones he had when he saw his 'old friends'. What Jon saw he couldn't describe to anyone but Maddiie maybe Zazuka because she was apart of that dream. What he couldn't deny was seeing his brother Damian......
"Damian" he spoke to his brother who was standing just a few feet away from Jon. "Damian is that you?" he reach to touch Damian, it had to be Damian. No one looked so real to him when he saw Damian, but when he reach to touch Damian he realize it was a mirror. A mirror reflecting the every appearance of what his brother Damian would look like, but how could he? How could he be staring at Damian if it was his own reflection he should be staring at not Damian? He leaned up to pass his hands towards his face when he saw the mirror played the same image, that's when the dream got strange...He was Damian?

"Damian!" barked a voice in the shadows. "You little runt get over here before they see you" a cold sadistic voice came out of nowhere. "Damian honey look at what the muggles are doing to the world" came another voice from the corner of the dark spacious room. Two hooded bodies came out of the bleak shadows to Hoover next to boy name 'Damian'. They were death eaters and from the looks of it they were all inside a battered shacked that lack the appearance of a normal home. Jon wanted to say I'm not Damian but something force him not to speak. When he look back to see his reflection the mirror was gone, but his reflection stayed in the windows of the shrieking shack, he wonder why out of all places was he here? He couldn't speak to ask because he was to spellbound to do, but when he saw a white flash that's when he saw a muggel war appeared in a screen illusion of what he was pretended to believe. One death eater the nice soothing one touch his shoulder, "See Damian its is our duty to kill them off, they are greedy beings. All they do is fight for power, shouldn't it be up to us to make sure this world is wipe clean from their corruption?" asked the soothing voice. "Like he's gonna understand that!" spat the cruel one before 'Damian' could say anything. "Give him sometime and he will" hissed the soothing voice, Jon heard enough he wanted out of Damian body, he felt himself jerk in place but it was no use. He fell back losing his balance, "Stupid Boy" hissed the curel one, Jon jumped up and started to run faster than his eleven year old body could do so, he ran and the Dream change before he could stop to look back....

"What the ...." he breath heavily again he was surrounded by darkness, this time he could hear a soft whisper cry for help. "Hello?" he asked turning around but he couldn't see anything or make out anything around him. Jon wasn't Damian anymore, when he look down he was himself. The cry grew a bit more audioable, Jon turn around once more and there he saw someone that look so much like Epiphany. "Epphy?" he sounded concern but when the girl looked up she wasn't Epiphany, she was Zuka, a younger version who look terrified beyond words, she had markings everywhere which killed Jon when he tried to come closer.
"Don't" said little Zuka, "He would kill us if you try to help me...he said I'm not suppose to have magic" she cried some more in cruelty. "Who said?" Jon asked her. "Who said your not suppose to have magic?" he step a little closer.

When he asked he shouldn't have done so, by the time he was close to reaching her Zuka's abusive father came out of nowhere and grabbed the girl by the neck, tormenting her by ringing her neck. "Stop! Stop!" Jon ran to them but the more he ran the more farther away they could be seen. He tried to apparated he tried to stop her father use magic to kill him but it was no use..."Filthy little witch!" her father cried "Filthy filthy little witch" Zuka cried out and the dream had stop when Jon woke up in sweat....

COUPLE DAYS LATER::..

Roswald been trouble for the past couple days since his son refuses to say anything importance. They had just came back from viewing some famous portraits in a wizard museum near a secret part of Spain that muggels couldn't see and all he got from Jon were a few nods and "Oh that's great" but nothing more came from Jon since the first night. "What's wrong Jonathan you've been acting strange lately.." strange was in understatement to what he meant. Everytime he talked about some parts of the muggel views in Spain, Jon would look distant and hardly said anything to what his father was saying to him. "Come on I brought you here to enjoy Spain and you act as if you saw something horrifying or something? What the heck going on with you Jon?" he asked his Son again but Jon wasn't listening. It took a heavy book that slam in front of Jon by his fathers hand. "Your gonna say something or not?" his father asked infuriated by Job's behavior. "This was suppose to be our vacation, I mean I hardly get to see you and now your acting like this? What's your problem?" his father asked him again now that he had Jon attention.

The Dreams never stops...Jon jerked up up startle by the sound of the book slamming in front of him. Every night he's been having the same dream over and over again. They never change except when he's close to nearing the younger verison of Zuka. Whenever he's thinks he could actually help her from the torment he would always end up waking up. The first night be actually felt tears going down his face. They had mixed with cold sweat so he couldn't tell the difference of him crying or not. What also made him go terribly shocked was being his brother Damian over and over again. What he had to see was the same but it was like the death eaters were reassuring him that it was okay to hate the muggel world. That the muggel world should be put to an end so that the magic world can grow stronger and larger for the safety of this world. Whatever it was telling him, he couldn't piece it together. He was to frighten to embrace, sort of stepping to the unknown to figure it out. Maybe that's why he couldn't handle being an Unspeakable the first place? His stomach rumble giving him a sign when he thought about that. "Dad its nothing, think I ate something ...bad" he made up on the spot rubbing his stomach as he did this, "Don't worry the whole trip not going to waste" he reassure his father with a half of smile spread across his lips.

"Here have this" he covered a cup of coffee, whispering a verbal charm. When he lifted his hand there was a cup of Indian spicey tea, his ex wife favorite, when the kids were growing up. "Drink it. It will help your stomach ache" Roswald wasn't a hundred percent positive with his son excuse. He was probably say anything just so Roswald wouldn't ask. " Now tell me what's going on really? Maybe we could take you to St.Mungos or something if its that serious?" Roswald suggested. "St.Mungos not to faraway"

"No dad I'm fine please the tea will do, there nothing wrong with me but a upset stomach" Jonathan replied taking the tea with grace. "If its major I'm sure I can get myself to st.mungos anyways, but I'm sure that I'm fine" Jon sighed taking two long sips of the tea, he felt his taste buds awaken from the herbal tea. If felt great, the feeling of anxiety liften but a slummber feeling took over when retrace back his words, he had lied to his own father about something serious that may happen. "What are we doing for the rest of the day? I feel like just staying in doors" he gave him a fake smile something he wasn't entirely use to doing. "Though I'm really up for anything" he said slapping his legs, covering up his emotions. It can't happen though, Jon thought back. Both dreams were about children, one dead one fully grown to a woman. It can't happen...

Ross didn't force the subject anymore when his son snapped a little. He let it go, for the rest of the evening he suggested they do some searching in the upstairs attic. "Come on it will be fun looking up at old photos" he lifted his son up and took him to the attic. For nearly two hours they were like pirates looking up for treasurer. Ross found his old baseball collection and some items from his childhood. Most of it was locked away downstairs in the basement, they were charm never to be ruin by moths or dust. He was happy to share this moment with his son, he even looked up a few documents from his dad's job. "Its not as complicated back than" he shared them with Jon. "Not that complicated as it is now..." Ross said in mere whispers and kept digging into more more files that were scattered all around.

Jon found a few old photos of his parents together, his mom waving back at him, mouthing the words "I love you..." to Jon. He almost felt like tearing up when he saw that, he missed his mum so much. It killed him when he let the photo drop and the glass had shattered before he could catch it on time. With verbal magic however he was able to repair the pieces back together. If it were that easy to bring back someone to alive. When he turn the picture frame around his mom was still there, if it had been that easy he thought wishfully. Jon didn't even hear the next thing his father said before he walk away to look into another file trunk. Jon looked up when he saw his father turn pale right before his eyes. "Dad?"

Words he read over and over again. The words he saw made him nearly die of shock just right there. So much needed to be said yet nothing would come out of the man mouth. He could still hear he could still breath, infact he could still see but his vision were nothing but blurred. For the longest time Roswald truly believed his life story, everything he was told he believed. Everything his parents taught him, Roswald believed. Everything, but now in a little piece of paper he saw it clearly. It was official, official enough and it read in gold letters Roswald Holland, it looked so much like his birth certificate back home, only the one back home had always struck him odd, when he saw his real name printed he couldn't believe it even in gold letter. He just couldn't believe what he just seen. But it made sense, when he shuffle a few more papers he saw old news letters, prophets from London, his parents being hunted, something about threats. It all gave him enough evidence of why he wasn't Holland but Hollawarth. Ross even found a book and began to read what seems to be a journal of his family history and life of those who passed away.

Jon could see his father becoming frantic by the minute. He could see it when he got closer, he dropped everything and even began to read a book. "Dad?" he stepped closer and when he did he saw the golden letters. The birth certificate was now on the ground along with a files of other papers, but his father was reading what seem like a journal. Jon went down to reach for the paper and read it in bold golden letters. "Roswald Holland, Son to Sergio&Lana Holland of London, England...Holland...Holland? Not Hollawarth? What the heck?" he looked up at his dad, their eyes meant and he didn't even have to say anything by than. For the rest of the night they sorted through piles and piles of paper all evident to what happen to Ross's parents years ago. They had encounter the same threats by the death eater, his ancestors the Holland, were even of pure blood.
By the end of the trip they had figure out something much more deeper than just childhood memories. They had discovered the true essence of pure bloods and why thru family had always been targeted since who knows how long. Jon just couldn't believe it, he couldn't comprehend it. He didn't know what to believe, but his father orders were clear to him when they return home. "Take back what was ours..." and he knew right away what the meant. Take back the Holland last name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back