OOC First Name
Kaitlyn
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Curved 11 1/2 Inch Sturdy Blackthorn Wand with Thestral Tail Hair Core
Vasilka examined her scenery. It was indeed much different that Germany. Mom sent me here to be happy. But...how can I? I loved it there...despite the past. Her dark eyes rested upon the ground. Her black veil covering her snow white face. Her dark red lips parted as her fingers traced around her stomach. Her black dress showed how thin she was. Vasilka soon grew dizzy, and leaned against the nearest building. This sickness was the worst she had ever endured. The sun rays grey violent on Vasilka's eyes as she stared into the sky. Her eyes soon met the sidewalk.

Germany had been much better than this place, she thought darkly. She was fresh out of Durmstrang, and too ill to look for a job there. Her temper had caused her to be out of line once again. This time, she had taken it too far. Iulia didn't have a choice but to send her to Kalif. "Kalif...if only he would have died in Azkaban." muttered Vasilka in fluent German. No matter if she was full-blooded Bulgarian, she would always consider Germany her home. The only one who was proud that she was here would be Namina. Even her first cousin, Jaken, hated her. But what could she expect? She terrorized him all his childhood when he was with Iulia.

Vasilka felt like she could support herself again and she began to walk once again. Her black, elegant nails traced along the brick buildings. Her every step was almost as graceful as a swan. Her free hand lifted her dress just a tad to keep it from dragging the ground. She could smell the salt from the ocean lingering in the air. It disgusted her. Although there was nothing she could do. She wasn't even allowed to be on her own. She was sure Kalif or Namina would realize she was missing. "Bedrest, bedrest, bedrest. I need to be out." Vasilka spoke in German once again. She didn't know the people here. Everyone looked so strange. They were darker skinned, but not too dark. However, her skin was sickly white, so everyone she saw was more tan than she. Her mind went to her dead husband, and she felt severely depressed as she stopped to collect herself. She shivered from the air. She wondered who she would see first; Kalif, Namina, or some stranger.

Namina gave Kalif a worried look before slipping on her jacket. She put on her sneakers and walked out of the house. Her heart was pounding in her chest. How could he not care where Vasilka had gone? How could he be so insensitive? He didn't know what it was like to have a miscarriage. He didn't know what it was like to lose a baby. Her eyes darted the sidewalks. It was rather hard not to recognize Vasilka. Her walks are as graceful as anybody she had ever seen. And her dresses is as dark as night. Perhaps Namina could talk to her. All she needs is a friend to confide in. And Iulia was too frightened of her temper to get close to her.

Namina cursed Asparuh for hurting Iulia so much. He had made her fearful. What was it with the Zhefarovich family? The ones who weren't married in always had a temper or some kind of disorder in their mind. She hoped that Kalif wouldn't have his mood swings or his obsession with fear. All she wanted was a perfect, happy family. But this was as close as she could get to one. She wondered if she didn't marry Kalif, then where would she be now? Of course, she loved Kalif with all her heart and then more, but she couldn't help but wonder. If only Kalif wasn't in his dark ways. If only she was the perfect match for him. Sure, she appeared so young compared to him. But he still had his charming, kind personality, when he wanted to use it.

Namina broke into a run, feeling a jolt hit her heart. The jolt engulfed her with panic. Was Vasilka hurt? She hoped not. Namina felt for her wand, and bit her lip. She would much rather die than to have Vasilka hurt. Her adrenline pushed Namina to run even faster. She deeply cared for Vasilka. It was like she was her own daughter than a niece. Her eyes softened and her running slowed. She saw the young woman, stopped with her fragile hand on the bricked building. Namina had no doubt in mind when she heard the bell-like voice speak German. Namina approached her, and understood what she had said. Namina said softly in english, "Kalif and I only want what is best for you. A miscarriage is a hard thing to handle, even with a loss of husband on top." Namina gave Vasilka a warming smile, and embraced the young woman.

Vasilka felt a pressence of a strong willed witch nearby. Vasilka murmured in Bulgarian, "Wand." And her wand entered her wand from a pocket in her dress. However, her panicked subsided once she heard Namina's voice. Vasilka turned around, just in time to receive the hug. She gave a tiny smile. The cold she felt was washed away by Namina's love. Vasilka stared at Namina with fierce, yet gentle eyes. She stated in english, "How do you know what it is like to lose a husband? And your child? Both together are horrific. I don't even have the will to live anymore, Namina. All I want to do is be with Todor and my baby." Vasilka felt tears come to her eyes.

Namina moved the black veil from Vasilka's. It revealed her tears in her eyes as she spoke. Namina softly touched her white skin, feeling the cold. Namina murmured, "You are sick. We must get you home immediately." Namina's blue eyes went to the ground. She let out a sigh. Namina gave Vasilka a soft smile, "Before Kailie and after Kalif, there was another. It was a baby girl. She was about 6 months, in the womb. Kalif and I had a huge fight. That was when I sent Jaken to be with you and your parents, along with Kalif, and Alessine. We almost used curses on each other. And, I stormed out. I got a car and drove away. Of course, being pregnant and that upset wasn't very good. I didn't focus and didn't stop at the sign. A truck hit me from the driver's side. That is the reason why I have this scar." Namina pointed at the slash on her neck.

"I was taken to the hospital, and my baby girl didn't make it. I was grieving for about a year. Even Kalif was depressed and he supported me along the way. I have never lost a husband, though I have lost a mother, a father, and a few close friends. I know what's it like to be in a state where you don't even want to live." Namina patted Vasilka's shoulder. "Now, I want you to come home." Namina smiled at her.

Vasilka felt rather shocked to let Namina remove the veil from her face. She felt it fall back on her hair. Vasilka's fingers went to her cheeks, feeling neither warmth nor cold. She stared into Namina's blues eyes, searching for a reason why Namina cared so much. As Namina spoke, it seemed so clear to her. The reason why Alessine, Kalif Jr., and Jaken had to stay in her house for the summer. Namina showed her the slash. Vasilka's lips parted slightly. She reach to touch the scar, her nails scraping gently across the soft, firm skin. So, she did understand what it was like to lose a child. But a true love, however, is a lot more depressing than that of a mother, father, or friends. Vasilka had lost the love of her life.

Vasilka shook her head, "I cannot go back to your house. I cannot afford to listen to Kalif. I never want to see his face. He will never understand. He will never help anyone. All I need right now...is to be alone. I don't want to be around someone for lives to serve a dead man." The last words came out in a dark hiss.

Kalif walked down the sidewalk, silently following his wife. He had decided to see where Vasilka had gone off too. He didn't want people to think he was actually worried over her. Since, well, he wasn't. He stopped, and heard the conversation. He saw the sadness in Vasilka's eyes, and the Dark soul which rested behind them. Curious, she was deep into the Dark Arts, but she refused to be a Death Eater. Even before Todor was murdered by them. Kalif knew that deep down, Vasilka blamed Kalif. However, he had no idea who Todor was, or even where he lived.

Kalif heard the last remark and smirked amusingly. He put his hand on Namina's shoulder and he informed Vasilka, "I do not question your ways. Nor will you question mine. You won't have to deal with me for long, princess. I will be teaching at the school. Without another word, we will head back to the house. Jaken should be here at anytime."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back