Did You Miss Me?

Jakobe Vittori

Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Walnut Wand 14 1/2" Essence of Vampire Blood
Jakobe was back at school once again. He honestly had not expected to miss it as much as he did. Being back home had its perks, obviously, but it lacked the atmosphere he had grown accustomed to here. It also didn't have Giuliano, Scarlet or Esme, his three closest friends. Whilst he knew both Esme and Giuls were Purebloods, he also knew that Scarlet was not. Whilst that would not affect him whilst they are in school, if he wanted to continue their friendship outside of school, there would be some serious consequences. He hadn't told his family about Scarlet, instead he refrained from mentioning her at all and often replaced her with either Giuls or Esme. It annoyed him and hurt him that his family would constantly check up on him, but it wasn't as if he was the only one. They'd all been treated as such. Apparently no one in his family could be trusted, least of all his sister Emiko. Still, he had been glad to see her over the winter break. She looked to be getting back on track, so he hoped that all went well. He couldn't remember a time when she wasn't sick, if he was completely honest, it seemed like such a long time. To him, it was like she had never been out of her room and out of the house, though he knew this was not true. She had children, though they were not of pureblood and his sister told him that they were the reason for his sisters sickness. He didn't really understand what that meant, he figured though that it was meant as a way to warn him from being with muggles or anyone else that wasn't pureblooded. It was all a load of crap as far as he was concerned, but he dared not go against the wishes of his family.

Walking into the Courtyard, Jake thought for a while about actually going into the club area, but eventually thought better of it. He didn't really have everything appropriately set up yet, though that would be something for him to do. No, he wanted to find someone, he wanted to find someone to hang out with. Scarlet hadn't come out of her dorm yet, which made sense as she tended to stay in there unless he asked Giuls to go and get her, but he had something planned for her a little later. For now, he maybe wanted to talk to his friend Esme, if he could find her. For a snake, she was notoriously hard for him to find. In fact he was almost certain she was avoiding him half the time, but that would be silly. Why would she want to do that? They were friends. He grinned to himself as he rushed out of the Courtyard and headed down towards the Slytherin common room. Maybe he could catch her leaving, or entering. She would have to go or come back at some point, so it was as good a bet as any. He nodded, yes, he had a good plan. Reaching the Slytherin common room, Jake leaned himself against a wall and waited. He would stand here all day if he had too, though he would have preferred not too. Luckily however, he was spared such a thing when she finally appeared. He jumped out in front of her and grabbed her hands. "Esme! Did you miss me? I missed you! Come on! Help me set up the Conglomerated Arts Club rooms! I'm the President! Are you going to join?! Come on!" He started tugging at her arms. He wanted to leave now.

Esme had just finished adding the final touches to her new dorm space, with a new room for the year she was able to choose one of the beds set into the corner of the room, giving her more space and two corner walls to decorate. She'd purchased a few extra celestial blankets during her last trip to Dervish & Banges, of which she now draped from the panels surrounding her four poster bed. Sitting on the inside, she could look out into what seemed to just be endless black space, decorated with moving stars, swirling galaxies and passing comets, and feel as if she were far away, escaping her reality and the stress that came with daily life. It was comforting, she thought. Space fascinated her, everything unknown and beyond the earth they lived in had something about it that she found so appealing. The Slytherin had fashioned a dress of out the same celestial fabric, as well as a scarf with the excess cuttings, which she wore around her neck, its two ends fluttering gently behind her and extending almost to her knees. Esme stepped back, surveying her bed and admiring her handiwork. It looked absolutely stunning and it was easy to get lost in its enchanted, almost hypnotic patterns. She had to force herself to look away, as Dusk mewed for her attention and pawed at one of her scarves tail ends. "Sorry kitten, I'm done now, do you want to go for a walk?" she asked, bending down to scoop up the black half-kneazle in her arms. Dusk purred in content and Esme couldn't help but give her a little scratch behind the ears as she carried the feline out of the dormitory.

The exact moment Esme stepped out of the Slytherin Common Room, a figure suddenly and quite literally jumped out in front of her, grabbing at her hands. Esme screamed in shock and Dusk, following her on foot by this point, hissed and glared golden eyed daggers at the Ravenclaw boy who'd appeared out of nowhere. It took the Slytherin witch a moment to recognise who it was and retract her hand, which was in mid-air and ready to slap her assailant right across the face. Instead she brought the hand to her mouth, cutting off her scream as she took in a breath to settle her thundering heart. "JAKOBE. Whatthehell?" she breathed, speaking a little too rapidly as her heart resumed its usual pace. Good Merlin he'd scared her. "Why are you stalking about right outside the Slytherin house? Were you waiting for me? How long have you been out here?" she asked, tugging the Ravenclaw back in retaliation. Has he gone and found a giant sack of sugar and just engorged himself on it? This freaking kid. "And you'll need to repeat everything you just said. Slowly. I didn't catch a thing with you just leaping out from around the corner like that."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back