Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 9" Flexible Maple Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Lydia was feeling a little better with each day, and she was wearing her devil costume, she had worked hard putting it together, getting the different parts of it together, she had decided to go as a devil because it seemed like a good costume. The brunette stood in front of the mirror, moving the wig she'd bought, it was magical so it fitted well and there didn't appear to be any hint of her natural hair. She liked the costume, the girl twirled around on the spot glancing at her costume. She had no plans to meet with anyone while at the halloween feast, sure if she ran into someone like Felix she would be happy with it. The teen smiled and grabbed the very life like magical trident and left the common room, and walked down to the halloween feast. She was nervous about it, the last event she had attended with Gabriel had resulted in him picking the dress and Lydia hadn't felt too comfortable in it the entire night.

This time around as she stepped into the great hall, and adjusted the dress she was wearing and glanced at the different people in the room, at the very least she had always enjoyed the fact that everyone made an effort and dressed up, she liked seeing the different costumes that people wore. The teen really did love it. The girl walked over to the drinks table and poured herself a drink, sipping it slowly as she looked about the room. She did feel a little worse due to her terrible performance at quidditch, but having sent a letter to her brother and then his answer had really helped. The teen was feeling like a fun night would really help her, and Lydia knew she would have a fun night, it wasn't like Gabriel was going to turn up and ruin it. Lydia smiled to herself as she stood glancing around the room. She wished to spend time with others, make some friends, but she was still happy to be stood alone.

Darcy had been at Hogwarts for a year now and even though it wasn't quite as beautiful as Beauxbatons (if she was being quite honest), there was still such a nice charm to this place. Especially during the holidays is when the castle looked its best. It's almost as if everything came alive and its essence was magnified tenfold. Being at Hogwarts you couldn't help but be excited for all the holiday festivities, then never did things halfway. The energy was contagious. After winning an award for her costume last year, Darcy was feeling a little pressure to have a costume that was just as good but she had waited too late to come up with something so instead she just wanted to make sure she looked good. She had received some attention from winning last year so she was afraid more eyes would be on her this year and she wanted to look good. She was a teenager after all, she couldn't help it.

After pinning her hair up just the way she wanted it, Darcy had headed down to the Great Hall for the feast, admiring the decorations as always. She had just bought a new lipstick that was supposed to be charmed with anti-smudge or fade spells so she wanted to test it out by getting a drink. As she walked over to the drinks table she saw a girl in a devil costume wearing a red wig and small horns on her head. Darcy smiled a little as she walked up and got a cup of punch. Then she stood beside the girl and said, "From one redhead to another, I gotta say you're rocking that color." Darcy winked playfully since they both knew it was just a wig but she meant it.

Lydia was a little surprised when a girl started speaking to her, but she looked at the girl, who was maybe the year below her, and smiled warmly at the girl, touching slightly at the wig on her head feeling a little self conscious about it considering this girl was really that colour but she felt like the comment was pretty genuine, "You think?" she could help but ask, with the warm smile shifting in a slightly shy one, but she just pointed at the girls hair, "Your hair is incredible," she complimented easily, looking the girl over and realising the costume the girl was wearing, a sailer, it was a pretty good costume, not too complicated like some no matter how good the costumes did end up looking.

Lydia smiled at the girl easily, extending her hand to her, "I'm Lydia," she introduced warmly, wondering who this girl was and why she'd never seen her before, she definitely wasn't a sixth year, but perhaps she was just new. "Your costume is amazing," she motioned to what the girl was wearing, since it was a lovely costume, and Lydia did thoroughly enjoy this costume and most of the costumes that people were wearing at this halloween feast. For Lydia halloween was one of the best times of year, costumes and having a little fun like that, pretending to be someone else, eating sweets and drinking sugary drinks was always a good thing.

Havoc Zhefarovich was not exactly dressed up for the occasion. It was often seen as beneath him. But for the first time in a while, he decided to show up. He wore dress clothes, and had one purpose here today. And it had nothing to do with Alana these time. His acts of torture were not upon her, right now. His plan was falling into place, and he needed to do it quickly. He sought out one person for this. He walked over once he found her, which was definitely suiting for his purposes. What better way to attract someone like him other than someone dressed like the devil? Not that he felt any sort of attraction toward anything as of the moment. He approached Lydia before he smirked, "Lucifer was definitely an angel, was he not?" He turned to look at the other girl, one he did not know. His eyes looked toward the other girl, and she was aesthetically pleasing. His act of a gentleman was on point, and would continue to be until he left this forsaken school. He gave a slight nod to the girl as a greeting, before his smirk was replaced with a smile.

Darcy smiled and nodded approvingly when the girl questioned whether she meant the comment or not. She liked the boldness of color and the costume so she appreciated the boldness of the girl herself. "Thank you!" Darcy replied, running her fingers through her hair carefully. While she normally didn't care whether her hair was perfectly coifed or not, this costume required a sleek look so she wanted to stay true to the image. It was Halloween after all so some extra attention should be made just for fun.

The Slytherin took the girls hand and shook it saying, "Nice to meet you Lydia, I'm Darcy." The teenager glanced down at her outfit and thanked the girl once more. "I actually put it together last minute. I didn't have time to create a good costume this year so I had to search in my closet for things I already owned, so I found this and hope it works!" Darcy said with a small laugh. As she took a sip from her drink a boy approached them, and he seemed to be looking for Lydia specifically. She couldn't help but chuckle at his comment and then returned the boy's nod. "Hi, I'm Darcy," she introduced, so things wouldn't be awkward.

Lydia smiled easily at the girl, who then introduced herself as Darcy, she smiled as the girl began talking about her outfit and though it looked really good even though the girl was saying that it was a last minute thing. Lydia shook her head, "It looks great! If you hadn't said it was last minute I wouldn't have thought that," The girl told her easily, taking in the costume she was wearing again. The teen was feeling pretty happy with her choice to make the effort and to come to the halloween celebration, it would've been a bored affair to sit alone in her dorm room with nothing to do. She wanted to just be fine and not be constantly thinking about what had happened.

The teen glanced up when they were joined by a second person, and she couldn't help but smile a little at his compliment. Lydia smiled at Havoc, she didn't know him very well, but he was certainly a better guy than the one she had ended up with before. The hufflepuff prefect adjusted the horns on her head, smiling warmly at them both, she wasn't surprised that Darcy didn't know who he was, since from what she was gathering about her, she was rather new at the school. Lydia smiled easily at them both, "What are you supposed to be Havoc?"

"Homicidal maniac. They can look like anyone." Most of his attention was on Lydia, since he knew her, and could manipulate her if he tried. The other girl, he had no idea. Havoc replied in a light, friendly tone, "I am Havoc Zhefarovich. Pleasure is all mine, miss Darcy." This was starting to get exhausting but he did not mind nor care. He looked down for a moment before turning to Lydia. He decided he was going to be blunt about something, since he knew a little of her experience here at the school. After all, people loved to talk, and he appreciated that more than anything. He needed that. "Actually, Darcy, do you mind giving us a minute? I need to ask Lydia something."

Darcy wasn't quite sure what to make of this boy, Havoc. On the one hand, he was really polite, but on the other his name alone suggested otherwise and she couldn't decide if his homicidal maniac comment was funny or bordering on disturbing. Judging by the politeness between Lydia and the boy, they weren't the closest of friends either, but at least acquaintances. Perhaps she shouldn't worry if a girl like her could be friendly with him. Darcy then pursed her lips at his request. She hated being told what to do but she also didn't want to be rude, for Lydia's sake. Truthfully she had half a mind to say no she was enjoying where she was just fine, but she also didn't care to be petty as that took way more effort. Darcy nodded politely at Havoc and then looked at Lydia, silently asking if she was okay with being left alone with this boy. "I'll be over there if you'd like," she said, pointing to an area by the dance floor. Darcy gave her one last look, her nonverbal way of saying 'If you need to be rescued, I'll be your wingman' basically. It was a system she and her friends had developed back at Beauxbatons and for some reason she felt it necessary to be implemented now.

Lydia wasn't surprised by what Havoc was dressed as but she didn't mind it either, it was a pretty fair way of putting it, that they did look like everyone else, but she wondered why after introducing himself to Darcy that he asked to speak with Lydia alone, considering her history she did feel a little pang of nervousness, but she knew Havoc, they might not really be friends, but she trusted him, and really anything he could have to say to her would be better than the way that Gabe had ended up being towards her, but she looked at Darcy who gave her a small look and she nodded her head a little, "I'll catch up with you," the teen told her, since she had enjoyed the conversation they'd briefly had, and Lydia who had few friends was keen to perhaps make a new one. Instead once the girl left Lydia turned to Havoc and smiled warmly at him, "What do you want to ask me?" she was as always polite she trusted that Havoc wanted nothing more than to just ask some random question, perhaps a little private, she continued to look at him with a warm expression.

Havoc wondered if the girl didn't take to Havoc's approach so willingly. He watched her for a moment, before he said, "Perhaps I should have said that it would only take a moment." For all he cared, she could have taken two steps to the side, and turned her back. Havoc turned his attention toward Lydia once more, reaching for her hand. He gave a smile toward her and spoke, "I just wanted to invite you as my date for the Yule Ball. You are an amazing girl, a good friend, and I would be honored." This was a little on the formal side, but this was Havoc's way. When he spoke to females, he was often very formal. Girls liked that and he adapted to suit their needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back