DETENTION

"Well," Lily started, "It's going to be co-ed. We each have our own rooms so that is not an issue, but it will be different living with boys. But at least I have Courtney, even if I have to put up with Kale and his teasing me about my cooking." She wasn't sure how to tell Kat that she would be living with Ford, but at least she knew that they had seperate bedrooms. "And, I, um, will be living with Ford too." She looked at Kat a bit sheepishly, waiting for her reaction.

Kat grinned widely when Lily said her living arrangements would be co-ed. She knew that her own father would have a b1tch fit if she ever did anything like that though now knowing that one of her friends was going to do it she might consider it once she graduated...she sure as hell wasn't going back home to live. "Oh my gosh, I haven't seen Courtney in ages. Gah I miss her. And Kale too, though we weren't really that close," she said excitedly. Then her friend said the one name that Kat knew was part of the intermingling of drama that had consumed the better part of their life over the last few months. "Ford...the Slytherin dude. That will definitely be interesting," she said with a slight elbow nudge at Lily. "Man I bet you can't wait for graduation now huh?"

Liy laughed. "I can't wait for Holiday Break! I really need to just get away and start things over fresh next term." Looking at Kat again, she smiled. "I don't know what will come of the two of us living together. I am not going to jump to any conclusions that I was more than just another notch on his bedpost. We all know what Ford is like. He wants what he can't have and will do whatever he can to get it. Now that he got what he wanted, I don't know what he will do." Lily was being honest. She liked Ford, who wouldn't, but she had no idea what the future held for them.

"A fresh start will do you good I think," Kat started and then added semi-jokingly, "You wanna take me with you? Finishing school is overrated anyways right?" She listened and thought about what Lily said about the Slytherin dude. "I didn't really know him well, but from what I gathered he's a cocky son of a b1tch," she said point blank.

Just then she heard something rustle in the trees. She jumped and looked, desperately wishing she had her wand. "Did you hear that? Please tell me I'm just paranoid," Kat said edging closer to Lily.

"Yeah, Ford is a bit cocky," Lily said with a chuckle. "But I think that is maybe why I like him? After all the problems his being around has caused, I should hate his guts, but I just can't. He is arrogant and a total *******, but I just can't imagine life without him around. Its bizarre." The look on her face confirmed it, Lily was completely torn between the sweet love of Blake and being Ford's latest playtoy.

Just as Kat jumped, Lily heard the noise she was reacting to and spun around. "You're not. I hope that is nothing scary. At least we can scream if we need to." She clung to her friend's arm, not feeling quite as brave as she was.

A bunny. A small little brown and white spotted rabbit. Kat didn't know whether to laugh or swear. Choosing laughter she just about doubled over cackling so hard. "I'd say it's pretty terrifying...or adorable which I'm learning the two can go hand in hand," she said standing back up straight and wiping a sleeve over her face. Looking ahead so that they could continue looking through the forest Kat pointed and said, "Is that a willow tree?"

Lily just about pissed her pants she was laughing so hard. "Darn bunnies! It better be happy we are wandless or it would be a wonderful statue on my shelf!" Once she was able to control herself, she looked where Kat was pointing. "I think that is. Do we have a bag to fill or do we have to shove it all in our pockets?"

"Well of course they didn't give us a bag to put them in...that would have just been too freaking smart," Kat said rolling her eyes, a bit ticked that the professors could have at least given them something to collect the items in. "I guess we start stuffing our pockets," she said as she started grabbing handfuls and shoving them in her jacket pockets.

"Pockets it is. Lets get so many that next time they will remember to give us the stinking bag they want filled," Lily said a bit spitefully. Shoving leaves in every pocket she had on her coat, she wondered how they would get the centaur hair. "Do you have any idea where to find a Centaur? I only have been in the forest a few times and never ran into one." She knew that they wouldn't be doing too well to just walk into a group of them, they weren't exactly the most friendly beings if they thought you were on their 'terf'.

Kat continued stuffing every pocket on her person with leaves from the willow tree. "Hopefully there won't be a next time," Kat said snorting, "At least not for us...how did we manage to get detention anyways? We didn't even throw a punch." Thinking on Lily's next question Kat got an idea. The professors said that it didn't have to be an attached hair from a centaur. It could have been a hair they just happened to find lying around the forest. Well what if they mistook a human hair for centaur hair...after all how were they supposed to know the difference between the two unless they actually had to pluck the damned thing themselves. With that thought in mind Kat reached up and plucked two or three hairs from her own head. "I got their damned centaur hair right here," she said with a wicked gleam in her eyes. She'd play stupid if she had to and she was hoping Lily would do the same thing.

Lily finished stuffing her pockets, and then spoke. "I think we got stuck cause we were in the middle of it. I feel bad for slapping Blake, but damn if I will tell him that. He was really being an ass and I was actually having a fun night too." She watched as Kat yanked out a few hairs from her own head. "It might, but I am not quite ready to take the chance. Not yet at least. Let's walk around a bit more and see if we find anything. If not, then we go with that. Plan B."

"Honestly sometimes slapping just makes me feel better. I blame Sumner for it though...I wasn't like that until I met him. That boy just brought out a whole new side of me that I never knew existed," Kat said thinking about the many physical 'altercations' that the two had been through and the times that she'd smacked him as hard as she possibly could. That hadn't been in her nature before Sumner and now that whatever it was had been unleashed it was here to stay. "Maybe I'm just a b1tch, but...gah I don't know. I don't want him to hurt, but at the same time I want him to feel some sort of pain. Merlin help me Lily I don't know how he manages to make me feel this way. I hate him and love him all at the same time." And then there was Chace. Sweet loving stuck in the middle of this mess, Chace. He was so good and always had been to her, but now he was gone and Kat wanted nothing but happiness for him...even if it wasn't with her.

Nodding, bringing herself back around to the present situation she said, "Well I have a whole head full of them if we do have to go to Plan B."

"I think boys in general have the ability to bring that out in us," Lily stated. "I wasn't like that until Ford. The year that things really started with him, back when Blake was gone, something happened to bring that out of me. Specifically, Ford happened. If he hadn't toyed with me....well, I think a lot of things would be different right now. But, I can't say that I regret any of it." Stooping down to look at a branch that seemed to glisten, she realized it was another spiderweb. "Damn. Anyways, like I said, I really can't regret anything. I think I am stronger now over back then. I didn't stand up for myself like I do now. Sadly, using Ford as a punching bag brought that out of me." She smirked at Kat, then before she realized just what she was saying, she added, "But you just cannot believe how hot that can be in bed." Slapping her hand over her mouth, her face flushed red. "Sorry. I can't believe I just said that out loud."

Kat thought about what Lily had said. It was the same for her. Now she didn't back down from anyone in a sense she had metaphorically 'grew a set' and now wasn't afraid of anything. Where she used to be timid, shy, and introverted she was now open, honest, and at times downright b1tchy. Kat's mouth flew open and her face went bright red when Lily said that anger and aggression could be hot in bed then busted out laughing. "I'll keep that little piece of advice tucked away in the back of my mind for when I need it," she said still trying to catch her breath from laughing so hard.

Lily finally regained her composure and then sighed. "You know, I am so glad we worked through all of this. I hated that you wanted to kill me. And trust me, Sumner is dead later for misrepresenting exactly what is going on with us." Her eyes narrowed as she threatened Sumner's life, then smiled at Kat. Let's get moving so we can find this stinking hair in the forest. I wanna get done and get warmed up again."

"Me too. And in all honesty...it wasn't you I wanted to kill. It was Sumner," Kat said hissing out the boys name slightly. Starting today she knew that she was going to have to get over him and she would. After all she and Trevor had made a promise to help each other get through their issues together and with him there she knew she could get through anything. Starting from this moment forward, Sumner Reine was going to be nothing more than a distant memory for her.

"Yeah I agree. Let's find this practically nonexistent item so that I can go shower and get into my nice warm bed," Kat said laughing.

Lily simply chuckled. It wasn't her bed she suddenly thought of warming up in, but she would not admit that to Katalina. She wanted to come out of the forest with her life and limb in tact. Walking along, a devilish grin on her face, she kept her thoughts to herself, but the events this morning in the hospital wing played over in her mind. Hopefully Chace wasn't too mean to Sumner out here.

"Hey, what is that?" Lily asked, pointing at a branch not to far ahead of them. Auburn hair hung as if it was knotted on the branch. "Think this might be from a centaur?" she asked, working to untangle it from the leaves and wood.

"It could be...actually I say yes, yes it is," Kat said excitedly, knowing that they'd completed their detention since Lily found the hair. She was so happy that now all she was going to have to do is shower and curl up in her own bed and relax, but she realized there was just one small problem...how did they get out of the forest? "Um, Lily...do you know the way back to the castle?"

Lily smirked, then spoke softly and a bit sing-songy. "I see somebody wasn't paying attention." She then held out the scroll to her partner. "Grab hold and be ready. Its a port key to return us to the start." She giggled and waited for Kat to take hold and get them out of there.

"What can I say, paying attention never really has been my strongest suit...I think I have what muggles call ADD," she said jokingly as she grabbed hold of the scroll and prepared for the jerking reaction she knew was about to follow. When they appeared at their original starting point Kat looked at Lily and said, "Okay lets give them this stuff so we can head back up to the castle."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back