Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Lesbian
Wand
Curly 11 1/2 Inch Flexible Ivy Wand with Fairy Wing Core
-placeholder-​

With a fail attempt to simply contribute to daily prophet, Stella had been fortunate enough to spark someone's interest someplace else. It came out of nowhere. Erin, her best friend back home been showing off her deigns all over social media in the muggel world. Thanks to lovely Erin, it reached to unexpected places and somehow captured the interests of Teagan Maxewell. A former Hogwarts student like herself, and someone of nobility. Stella, was elated when she heard the news. Who wouldn't be in her position? Teagan Maxwell reached out to her via owl. The formal letter now sits at her desk, read and not a worthy response came to mind. As much as she loved the attention, she hadn't been able to design anything since she left Hogwarts. Like the ink had dried up or something. Stella couldn't make a simple summer dress or romper. Inspiration was dead as rotten corpse. There was only one person who really sent her pen going in whichever direction. Stella thought about it some more and made a decision to sent a letter but to someone else.

Amber Chou Wilson said:
Hey Amber,

It's me, Stella. Long time no speak? How are you, how are things? Hope Hogwarts treating you well. Better than it did for me. I was just thinking about how I miss talking to an old friend, and probably the only friend I have in New Zealand. Anyways, been thinking about some new designs. I think. Well, not really. Inspiration gone. Like it ghosted. I think the last time I was able to draw anything great was when I said you could model clothes and I really meant that. You should really look into that. Okay, let me cut this letter short. I shall try again and hopefully if you do write back, I have created something tasteful to share.

Take care,
Stella

Amber had been surprised to receive a letter from Stella Stilinski. She still thought of the older girl sometimes, but never expected her to reach out. Somehow, she had assumed Stella would move on from Hogwarts life, losing interest in someone as childish as Amber in the process. But she had been delighted to see that wasn't the case. Eager to keep this contact in place, Amber had written back almost immediately. She hoped her letter would encourage her friend a little.
Letter said:
Dear Stella,

It's wonderful to hear from you! I loved seeing your graduation last year, but it's also strange to no longer see you around the common room and in the castle. I'm glad you're writing me, and hope we can write back and forth a bit. It'd be fun to have a pen pal! I'm sorry to hear your inspiration is a little down, but I know you're very talented. I'm sure you'll be inspired by something soon! Maybe it's simply you having to adjust to the life of a HNZ graduate. It is a big change, and it makes sense that you have to adjust for a little bit. I'd be happy and flattered to model your clothes for you, though I'm not sure if I would be the best model. I always thought they were supposed to be tall. But I would certainly do my best! Please let me know if my help is needed with anything. I'm not a very good designer or artist, but perhaps I can still be a fresh eye on your designs if you're stuck with anything. I actually tried my own hand at designing earlier in the year, but I wasn't very good at it. I prefer to style clothes that already exist, matching them into great outfits. I think actually designing my own is a step too far for me, and that's not even talking about actually making them. Don't forget that what you can do is incredibly difficult and a long process. Don't be too hard on yourself.

I look forward to seeing your future designs!

Your friend,
Amber

Amber wrote back almost instantly. Stella was surprised to see the letter left behind on her desk. She read it carefully, sitting on her bed when she did so. Amber, truly was a fresh of breath air. All was positive and uplifting in the girl's letter. Stella felt almost inspired right there and then. It took a few days, but she replied and sent pieces of fabric with the letter.

Amber Chou Wilson said:
Hey Amber,

I'm sure you're doing great at Hogwarts. There are so many regrets, but I won't bore you with them. I do miss the Hufflepuff's common room. The atmosphere was always friendly and chill. Besides you, I think that's what I missed the most. I'm up for being pen pals, if you're up for being my inspiration? I kid you not, the moment I read your letter I was already thinking of stuff to do. Stuff to make. I send you some pieces of fabrics, I'm thinking one piece dresses and accessories for the hair? I know it's been done, but I will be working on the designs from scratch. You're right about the adjustment, it's taking me some time. And, I do have something line up soon with an employer. I haven't made my mind up yet if I'm going to go through with the interview or not. Procrastinating. And, I think you could make a great model, especially for young girls clothing. If I do ever rent out a place, you will totally be in my show. The reason why I like designing and making clothes is for everyone to wear. Height shouldn't matter, as long as you love and enjoy what you do. I'm telling you, your positivity is contagious. I don't want to drown you with my doubts, but I also don't think you should be doubting yourself with modeling. Really, it would be amazing to at least see you in a show if I ever do host one. Sorry if you find this letter all over the place. I just couldn't keep you waiting for a respond.

Missing you like heck,
Stella

Last edited:
It was nice to get letters sometimes, so having Stella as a pen pal made Amber very happy. She was pleased to receive another letter from the older girl as she was studying, and took a break to quickly reply to it.
Letter said:
Dear Stella,

I'm sorry you have regrets about your time at Hogwarts, is there anything I can do to help? Even though you've graduated, maybe you can still make some things you regret better. I love the common room too, though it's not always the best place for studying. Sometimes the younger students can be really noisy, but I suppose I was once just as young (and maybe just as noisy?) I'd like to be pen pals and if I can inspire you in any way I'm happy to! I like those fabrics very much, they're adorable. I love floral print! Your ideas sound great, and I wish I could help you more besides just encouraging you. I'm not a designer at all, but I like to think I do have an eye for what looks nice. It's good to hear you have a job lined up, and I think you should totally go to the interview! If you don't get the job, at least you tried. Sometimes I worry a little about life after Hogwarts. I don't really know what I want to do yet, but I have a job at Gladrags now. Maybe I can stay on there while I figure things out after graduation? It's scary how close that date is getting. I'm glad to hear you still think I would be a good model for your clothes, and it's nice that you want to make them for everyone. If you ever have a show, I'd be honored to be in it for sure! Let me know how the job interview goes if you go.

I hope things go well for you!

Amber

It took some time away from working before Stella was able to sit down and respond to Amber's last letter. Stella had not meant to keep the girl waiting. This letter would explain her delay and how life been a little busy for Stella. Amber would assumed it was a positive sign. Stella read the letter before sending it out with the owl Silas gifted their mother on mother's day. So far the barn owl looked pleasantly well under the woman's care. As the barn owl stretch it's wings and flew away, Stella couldn't help but feel there was something to be learned about a muggel owning a creature that catered mostly to magic folks from what she seen so far back at Hogwarts. Stella wished it a safe trip in silent then went back to drafting her latest sketch.

Letter to Amber said:
Hello Amber,

It's been ages since I wrote back, and I want to apologize. I have been busy, but not for the reason you may think. The interview went okay, I can't really explained what transpired. For the majority of the part I was trying my hardest not to make a fool of myself. It was insane. I wanted to just drop dead and let my ghostly form slip quietly through the floor. I'll share more when I can make sense of it all. Right now I'm just trying to calm my anxieties down. Since the interview I've been sketching and practicing a bit of my wand work. I looked back at your letter, and again, your advice in making some of my regrets better, well I'm working on that. It's a little weird when you don't have the guidance and teaching from your professors helping you. Thankfully, all the text books I brought over the years are coming in handy. I take an hour each day and work what I could've already know if I paid enough attention at Hogwarts. But hey, better late than never? Am I right? Enough of me, how are you? Yeah, life after Hogwarts sure holds this uncertainty feeling. Be as prepared than I was, and having a job like Gladrags helps a lot. How is it? Oh, how are the clothes there? I haven't explore any of the other racks besides the school uniforms. If I do ever have a show, if it ever happens by some miracle, I would certainly hold a spot for you. Let's hope we get to see that day some day?

Take care,
Stella~

Ps. Mind telling Professor Pratt I said hello and I miss our conversations. Thanks.

It had been a little while since Amber received another letter from Stella, but she couldn’t fault the older girl. She was probably very busy outside of Hogwarts, and Amber herself was getting a bit overwhelmed herself with the amount of work she had to do for the sixth year exams. The Hufflepuff always wanted to achieve good grades, so she had to study hard. But when she did get another letter from the former Hufflepuff, she was pleasantly surprised and opened it eagerly. It would be nice to catch up with her a little again, as she was very curious what she was up to these days. She would reply quickly too.

Letter to Stella said:
Dear Stella,

Please don’t apologize for taking a while to write me back! I understand that life gets busy, and I’m glad to hear from you even if there’s a bit of time between the letters. Honestly, it might good because now we have more to catch up on. I’m glad to hear your interview went okay, though I’m very curious about it with how you described it! Did you end up getting the job? Is that what you’re working on now? Is it fun? I’m really curious to hear what you’re doing after Hogwarts because I’m still very unsure what I’ll be doing when I graduate, a date that is slowly getting alarmingly close. I can imagine that it’s difficult to study without professors there to guide you, but I think it’s very admirable that you’re doing this all by yourself. It’s never too late to learn, and I’m sure you’re doing a great job. If you want any of my old notes I can send those to you, though I’m not sure of how much help they could be to you. I’m alright, just a little busy with exam stress. I’m sure you don’t miss that from Hogwarts! Gladrags has a lot of beautiful clothes, though they do focus a bit on the school uniform stuff. The store got new management recently and she changed things around a lot, but all in a very positive way I think. I’m sure you’ll have a show one day, but maybe you find another passion and that would be good too. Things at Hogwarts are good. I already fear I will miss it terribly when I graduate to be honest. Heta Omega is organizing a talent show this year, and I’m helping because I’m the social chair of the club and my friend is the president. It’s been fun to put it all together. But besides that it’s been pretty much the same as usual.

Of course I will let Professor Pratt know you said hello! I’m sure she’s happy to hear from you. I’m eager to hear more from you too, but don’t worry if it takes a while. Please take your time.

Love,
Amber

A genuine smile sweep across her face when she arrived home one afternoon and there was a letter waiting for her at her desk. On top of the general cluttered, Stella reached for the letter and opened it once she laid comfortable on her bed. After a few tiring hours in London working with Teagan, it was nice to have a friend like Amber, who's words of encouragement and common interests in fashion got her through days like this. Days when she rather to be in bed sleeping or eating a pint of ice cream while not planning her next set of sketches. Stella responded back, of course.

Letter to Amber said:
Hey Amber,
Letter to Amber said:
I thought I'd apologize, since I wasn't really keeping up with the norms of being a penpal. Though, I'm right to think were much more than that. And I didn't want you to worry and think something had happened to me. The interview, went okay, like I stated before, I was nervous as heck. I'm working under Teagan Maxwell, do you remember her from school? Well, it turns out she of nobility. I haven't wrap my head what that evens mean yet, but I know her family lives in a very big fancy mansion and she basically has servants of all types attending to their every needs. Teagan discovered my work through my friend Erin at home, who happens to be a muggel and very active through social media in the muggel world. Erin spread my work, and that's how I landed on Teagan Maxwell's doorsteps. So far, it's a little overwhelming, I mean everything is and she thinks I should go to muggel fashion school. I'm considering it, I mean she offered to pay for it all and everything. Other than contemplating over that decision, it's not all bad. A learning experience for me and I appreciate someone of Teagan's status would even give me a chance. It's a lot to take in and I wish you were here. It would be nice to have an extra set of eyes around and your brilliant mind.

That actually sounds like a good idea, I mean if you're up for it? Work along with me and see what we make of it? You don't have to give me an answer right away, I get the stress you're going through. Try to take it day by day and one exam at time. When you survived them, we can meet up afterwards if you like? School would be out by then? I'd like to take a break from work and meet up with you somewhere. No, I'm okay without the notes. If I really need help you can always help me out in person. I was actually thinking Professor Pratt can help me. Regardless, I'll try on my own and keep at it, right? Thanks for passing along the message.

A talent show, that must've been fun? I would have probably enjoyed that. Those sort of events I regret the most for not participating while attending Hogwarts. Hope you have fun. Gladrags really seems like a shop I wouldn't had mind working there for my first job. Learn everything you can there. You'll appreciate those lessons one day.

Take care and until next time ♥,
Stella ♥

The end of the year was really around the corner now, and Amber had packed up her trunk to prepare for the holidays. She had enjoyed her sixth year a lot, but she also looked forward to being home for a little while. It was strange and a little scary to think that she would be in her final year the next time she arrived at Hogwarts, but it was also a little exciting. Amber thought it would definitely be very strange to be one of the oldest students at Hogwarts, though her birthday ensured she would still be one of the youngest students in her year. A new letter from Stella had arrived a few days ago, and Amber had been thinking of what to write back. Some of what she wrote had been a little surprising, and she had to think about her answer a little bit.

Letter to Stella said:
Dear Stella,

I’m glad the interview went okay. I do vaguely remember that name, but I don’t think I ever met her or talk to her. Wasn’t she in the year above me? I don’t think she goes to school here anymore though. It sounds very strange but exciting to work for someone like that. Is she nice? Fashion school sounds wonderful, and did she really offer to pay for it? That’s awesome, I think you should take that opportunity. It sounds like you’re learning a lot, and I’m sure she only gave you a chance because she sees your talent. I’m flattered that you think I could help in any way, and while I don’t think I’m capable of helping you actually design anything, I wouldn’t mind meeting up somewhere during the holidays and seeing what you’re doing? I really don’t know if I would be of much use, though. I would try! I don’t have many plans for the holidays besides working and hopefully hanging out with my girlfriend a lot, so we should make some plans!

The exams have been okay, I’m in the middle of them now. I only have a few left, and I think I’m going to do okay. Apparition has been giving me the most stress, honestly. I didn’t even manage to apparate until the final lesson! Did you pass the exam in one go? I’d be happy to help you out with your studies in person too, and I can always ask Professor Pratt for stuff for you too (though if you want help from her it may be a better idea to write her directly), I did say hello! She seemed happy to hear from you.

The talent show was a lot of fun, but also difficult to organize. A few of the acts were a bit over the top, one involving a lot of fake blood. But for the most part it went great! I’ll try my best to learn as much as I can at Gladrags. It really is a nice store.

I hope we can meet up soon!

Love, Amber

Users who are viewing this thread

Back