Depressed

"I don't care." Steve shook his head. "Any time I'm not in lesson, I will be helping you. I owe Jasper. I want to do anything I can to make it up to him."

Steve hugged Candy and rubbed her back. "How old is it??"

Steve smiled at her, hoping it would make her feel better. "We can make it through this."

Candy smiled back at him, "yeah Steve we got to tell the others" she said, looking at him.

"We will. Not now though." Steve didn't feel ready. He had just realised he was about to play father to his dead cousins baby. He was slightly shocked at the moment.

"I don't care. I have to do this. Jasper was one of my best friends and I have to make it up to him. I have to look after his baby for him." Steve couldn't think of any other way to explain the way he felt.

Steve smiled back at Candy. "I want to. I want to celebrate his life and to do that I feel I have to celebrate what he's left behind."

Candy looks at him, "fine but if i think it's to much then i'll say no" she said, kissing his cheek.

Steve looked around. "Do you wanna go get a drink or something??"

Steve put his arm round Candy's shoulder the way he would with any girl. He led her to a nearby pub that he had been to a few times. After ordering two drinks, he sat at a table with Candy and gave her one of the glasses. "How are you coping??"

Candy takes it and takes a tiny sip, "i'm doing horrible i've cried myself to sleep so many times that i don't even visit anyone anymore." seh said, rubbing her tired eyes.

Steve nodded in agreement. "I know what you mean." Steve didn't usually show emotions but he had given up hiding his now.

Candy looks at him, "Steve i know this is hard on you" she said, looking at him and placing her hand on the table.

"It may be hard but I'm not giving up. I'm going to help you no matter what it takes." Jasper had always been like a big brother to Steve rather than a cousin so Steve was going to make it up to him.

Steve held Candy's hand and rubbed it with his thumb. "I can't believe how many people in my family have died." He shrugged slightly,

Steve grinned. "Do you say anything other than the words 'I know Steve'" He laughed slightly at his joke.

Candy looked at him, "um yeah how cloe?" she asked, knowing that junior and cloe were a good couple.

Steve shrugged. "She's OK, I guess. I haven't seen her in a while."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back