Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Asexual
Wand
Knotted 9 Inch Rigid Laurel Wand with Boomslang venom Core
Mervyn loved Valentine's Day, and had been distraught last year when he'd gotten sick on the morning he was supposed to be delivering roses. This year, he jumped out of bed having never felt better and raring to go. As soon as he'd eaten breakfast he picked up his roses, reading through them all, naturally, before he set off to deliver them. It was still quite early, so he suspected he might find his first recipient, Bethany Zanders, at his house table. Spotting her on the opposite side, he made the long trek round the table and gave her shoulder a nudge. "Oi, you got a rose," he said, dangling the yellow flower just beyond her reach. "'Oo do you fink it's from? 'Ave a guess. Get it right first time 'n' you can 'ave a two galleon discount on your next visit to Dervish and Bange's, cour'esy of me."

As soon as Bee stepped into the Great Hall she remembered from the buzz around the room that it was Valentine's Day and everyone was running around giving each other roses. She smiled fondly at the act of sweetness that really only came once a year from everyone in the castle as she made her way to the Gryffindor table. Just as she began to spread jam on her toast, some young Gryffindor poked her to tell her she had a rose and propositioned her to guess. Bee laughed but cocked her head to the side, considering her options. "Well my boyfriend's no longer in school, so it can't be him," she mused aloud. "Do I get a hint?" she countered instead, looking at the boy earnestly, eager for any sort of discount offered at a shop as cool as Dervish and Bange's.

"Hmm," Mervyn said, trying to think of a hint he could give when he knew nothing about the sender except her name. "Well... she's a girl, I fink, 'n' she's got a bruvva," he said, peeking at the note to double check he'd got that fact correct. "That's yer lot - any more 'ints 'n' it'll be down to one galleon."

Bee was glad the boy decided to take her offer of a hint and listened carefully for it, but in the end it was no more help to her really. "I was sort of hoping for something like their House or year," she said with a frustrated pout, not at him, but still trying to think of who it might be. Rose had come to mind as a possibility because she had been hanging out with the younger Gryffindor due to working on her mother's campaign, but the moment the boy said the sender had a brother, that guess was thrown out the window. Bee threw her hands up in defeat and said, "I'm stumped," with a slight pout, but now she was more curious than ever to receive the rose already.

"'Ow am I supposed to tell you that? I don't even know 'oo Arinna is," Mervyn said. He stopped. "'Ang on, I just told you. Tell you wot - I'll give you a one galleon discount off your next purchase anyway, for 'avin' a go." Mervyn could be surprisingly generous when he was giving other people's money away. Producing the yellow rose and its attached note, he held it out for Bethany to take. "'Appy birfday. No - 'appy Valentine's day."

Bee laughed as the boy accidentally gave away the answer and then gasped in recognition. She was first going to point out that he had been willing to give her a hint which meant he obviously knew something about the sender, and then she was going to ask for another chance to 'guess' since he had definitely told her the answer in an attempt to sneakily salvage her opportunity for a discount, but that didn't matter anymore as he said he'd give it to her anyway for giving it away. "I'm holding you to that, kid," she said, pointing at him. "I work at Honeydukes so you won't be able to hide from me!" she pointed out mock threatening, grinning afterward. "What's your name anyway?" she asked then, as she took the rose from him, eager to see the note.

OOC: omg I can't believe I forgot to post the note hahahaha sorry!!!

Mervyn grinned. Bethany could hold it to him all he liked - he was a boy of his word. "Mervyn Strangewayes," he said, as if he might be famous someday and his entire name would be relevant. "I gotta go deliver these, now - 'ave a good day!" With that, Mervyn sauntered off to look for his next recipient, swinging the basket of roses in his hand.
I really love to join SDA someday. Big bro misses you. :p

Arinna

Users who are viewing this thread

Back