OOC First Name
Liv
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Divorced
Wand
Tulip Wood Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Cecily shifted the basket she'd hooked over her arm, quickly checking she'd put shoes on before going through into the hospital wing. How embarrassing would it be to forget my shoes? She'd pinned her hair back into a pony tail that morning and she wore a flowing cream colored set of robes. They were yet to be stained by dirt as it was so early in the morning.

She spotted Andromeda's uncle, the new resident nurse, and walked toward him, calling out a cheery, "Good morning!" in her soft voice.

Patrick spun around and nearly dropped the vials he had been carrying to the cabinet. The professor from Halloween night was standing just infront of him. Looking completely different that was for sure. For one she was cleaner and for another she was smiling now.

"Good morning" he said back to her smiling a little uncomfortably, he put the vials in their places and turned back to her.

"We haven't actually been formally introduced. I am Patrick O'Brien", he held out his hand to the woman infront of him, today she looked almost like an angel compared to the dishevelled frightened woman covered in dirt and blood that had stood here not so long ago.

Cecily shook his hand, smiling. "I'm Cecily Rambolt. I teach Herbology. I hope you don't mind, but every term we grow daisies and I bring a basket full, roots and all, for the hospital staff to use." She held out the basket for him to take. It was filled to the brim with the fresh daisies with clean roots still attached. She'd cleaned off the dirt in her greenhouse before coming up to the castle to have breakfast.

Patrick inclined his head to the woman, herbology one of Ace's favourite subjects. He smiled as she handed him the basket full of daisies.

Once again Patrick smiled and quietly said "honking daffodils and daisies".

"Thank you, thank you very much. I'll make sure they get plenty of water" he told her placing the basket down on the large table then flicking his wand calling for some vases. Five large ones appeared he filled each one half way with water from his wand and began seperating the daisies. Getting some tangled.

"You'd never have guessed I was from a farming family the way I handle these" he smiled.

"The trick is to twine them together loosely at the bottom, then plop them in the vase,"she said gently, with a smile on her face. "My grandfather farmed as well." She'd never told anyone but before her grandmother had passed, she'd showed Cecily an album. It'd explained their travels to southern Florida to the swamps each year. Her grandfather had been bitten by a werewolf when he was serving the British Navy. He'd still lived life to its fullest and his family had been well respected in the community and well liked. She thought of Andromeda.

"How is Andromeda?" she asked quietly, her fingers threaded together in front of her.

"She's been having her good days and bad. Which is to be expected", he told her as he attempted to twine the ends of the daisies.

"She should be on her way here shortly. She has taken to either studying up here or out in the garden, she was afraid of all the questions her friends kept asking her", he told her, her dropped the daisies and held his hands up, "flying and healing definitly but flower arranging I draw the line".

He smiled which felt like a relief, he hadn't had alot to smile about recently.
"Ace... I mean Andromeda is finding it all too much to be honest. She's having problems flying it'll all iron itself out with time but for a girl who was a natural flyer to suddenly start getting motion sickness every tiime she takes off.... well, lets just say she isn't taking that too well. The werewolf she's coming to terms with though" he grinned at her.

Cecily stepped forward when Patrick dropped the flowers. She expertly twined them loosely before filling the vases. "There we are,"she murmured. "I could help her with her motion sickness, I was afflicted as a child with it while riding my grandmother's flying carpet. I can understand why they're illegal,"she laughed. "Why do you call her Ace?" she asked, glad that maybe she'd see her so soon. She'd been on Cecily's mind a lot lately and she'd meant to check up on her.

"Could you? that would make her day, her year infact!" he smiled at her, delighted with the results she was getting from the flowers.

"She says her senses are all over the place, one minute she can smell just about anything the next normal. She has begun displaying tapetum as well - night perception" he told her.

Andromeda pushed the door of the hospital ward open and stomped in with the biggest face on her. She looked like thunder and felt like a little girl.
"You will never guess what I just nearly did? It had better had been the wolf in me is all I can say!" she said very angrily.

She wasn't even paying attention to who was in the hospital wing, but went straight over to the table and slammed down her herbology books and notes. She had come straight from the garden where she had had the most ridiculous impulse to kiss Brian. Thankfully she hadn't acted on it but ran here.

It was only after slamming her books down that Andromeda noticed Professor Rambolt. She gave the smallest of smiles. Of all times to come face to face with her. She so wanted to thank her but the mood she was in now!?! Andromeda thought how life just sucked in general.
"Hi" she muttered then quickly looked at her uncle, "Hey Uncle P, I can come back later if you want?"

"It'd be no problem," Cecily replied to Patrick, about to ask what other things Andromeda had experience so far when said girl stomped into the hospital wing. Her lips quirked as she slammed around. Oh dear. Preteens...were-teens. She shook her head at her own morbid sense of humor.
She tipped her head at Andromeda's 'Hi', her lips still turned up in a smile.

Patrick turned in surprise as his niece came crashing through the hospital doors and thumped her books down on the desk. She seemed surprised to find Professor Rambolt there and gave her a customery hello before telling him she could come back later.

"No, you're here now and that's perfect", Patrick smiled at her, "Ace I told Professor Rambolt about your motion sickness, she says that she can help with it".

He watched her face to see the words registering.

Andromeda looked first at her uncle to see if he was telling her the truth, which of course he was he had never lied to her in all her life. She then turned to Professor Rambolt and said almost shyly;
"Really, you can?" she smiled a little and remembering her manners at last she also said, "I never got a chance to thank you... for saving my life that time".

Andy didn't know any other way of saying it, she knew there had been many times since where she had wished the wolf had finished her off but she was lately just lately glad he hadn't. She also knew that another full moon was not long away and had needed to ask a question concerning it.

"Of course. If you'd like to stop by my greenhouse tomorrow, I'll have things ready for you. You should be up in the air with no problems," Cecily smiled at her. When Andromeda thanked her for that night, her smile faltered, slipped, then was back on her face in a matter of seconds. She nodded, not trusting herself to speak. That night still gave her nightmares. "I only wish I could have been there for you sooner,"she said.

Andromeda was delighted that she'd be able to fly again, she really had thought that her life had come to an end. Professor Rambolt told her how she had wished she had gotten there sooner and Andy's mouth fell open.

"Well no! because he might have bitten you as well then!" Andy said horrified, "It was bad enough for me to get chewed up but if my screaming had gotten you bitten as well!"

Andy didn't even want to contemplate it, she was glad she had been too terrified to scream sooner now.
"I needed to ask Uncle P something but maybe you can help as well Professor Rambolt", Andy moved aside her herbology books and opening one took the book her uncle had given her from inside it.

It was the book about the life of Remus Lupin. The book was relatively new looking when he had given it to her, now it was worn from constant use.
"It says in this that Albus Dumbledore built the shrieking shack especially for Remus Lupin for the nights of the full moon so he couldnt' hurt the other students. He didn't have wolfsbane when he was a child but " she paused for effect, "I'm going to need a place too. The wolfsbane will keep my mind from turning but if I stand anywhere where the full moon can hit me, I will still turn into a wolf"

She looked at them not sure if they understood what it was she was saying.
"I'll need to be locked up somewhere where the full moon won't shine on me".

Patrick looked at his little niece who quite frankly didn't look so little anymore. In fact she seemed a lot more mature lately probably because of what she was dealing with.
He was gobsmacked though, he hadn't even thought that she would need to hide somewhere but then again he didn't deal with werewolf cases everyday and he was still trying to find the time to research them and the wolfsbane. Andromeda on the other hand seemed to be doing an awful lot of research. Patrick scratched his head and looked at Professor Rambolt.
"Do you want to answer this one?" he asked her.

Cecily had indeed thought of this. Her grandfather had an old barn where he'd stay in one of the horse stalls, safely locked behind the steel. He'd melted her grandmother's jewelry one night in a fit of desperation and had painted the inside of the stall with the silver so he couldn't escape. He hadn't the luxury of the Wolfbane Potion.
"I was going to approach you with this tomorrow, Andromeda, after I get things fully cleared with Alicia. Patrick, if you'd like to accompany her?"she said gently. She looked at the girl with new admiration. She was smart and the fact she was looking into alternatives already...well, that showed Cecily how much not to underestimate the young lady.

"To my greenhouse, for starters. I could explain things further there, accommodations we could make, helping you to fly. Nothing dire,"she smiled gently.

"And you need me to accompany you? I see no problem with that" Patrick told them, "I have a charm on the hospital doors so as soon as someone comes in that needs me an alarm goes off on my timepiece".

Patrick smiled at the Professor, he was grateful for all the help with Andromeda and admiringly he smiled at his niece. She was leaving no stone unturned where this condition of hers was concerned.

"You need us to go with you now?" he asked.

Accomodation and being able to fly again! Andy was over the moon. She had rattle her brains as to a place for her to hide away in and the only place she could think of was the dreaded Borely Mansion. But there was no way, threat of evolving into the beast didn't even change that much. Not from what Kiera had said about the place.

She smiled now, genuinely happy and nodded her head.
"Are we to go now?" she asked as her uncle asked the same thing.

Cecily checked her timepiece, mulling it over. "It should be ready by tomorrow morning at the earliest. If you both could meet me at my greenhouse? Would that work with your classes, Andromeda?"

Andromeda looked at Professor Rambolt with what must have been her first expression of hope in all this horrible mess.
"I don't have any classes at all tomorrow" she smiled this was indeed the best news she had heard in a long while. The thought of being able to fly again bouyed her up considerably.

"Wonderful,"Cecily said, grinning. "Alright, I'll see you at my greenhouse tomorrow morning. I must be getting back. I look forward to tomorrow." She waved a small goodbye to them and left the hospital for them to talk things over.

(I'll start a topic at my greenhouse. We'll start there. :D Here's the link.
Meeting at Greenhouse
)

Patrick tapped his wand on the large table and shook his head.
"No it's not alright. I could move these with my wand but I want you to help me put them by the bedsides alright. Two on that side and two on this. The fifth one can stay up here" he told her leaning against the table.

"You came in here with a lot more going on in some mood may I add. What happened?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back